Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ The Great Glomping Experiment ❯ Scarface ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Scarface
 
Winston floated gently to the lush grass below him while staring with an expressionless face at the dizzied girls lying in a heap before him.
 
“Are you two all right?” he asked after making contact with the ground. A flick of his wrist transformed the umbrella back into a cane and the distinguished butler hung it upon his arm before offering to help the girls stand.
 
“I think so,” Cedar reapplied after cleaning and readjusting her glasses.
 
“My butt hurts,” Sahara announced while brushing dirt from her clothes, “but otherwise, I'm fine. So, Winston, where are we now?” The trio gazed about the new landscape, searching for any clue to help identify this new world.
 
“It would appear that we are once again in the nation of Japan,” Winston replied, pointing with his cane to a street sign covered with symbols unreadable to the girls.
 
“That still doesn't really answer the question, though,” Sahara said with a smile.
 
“Well, judging from the fact that the road is made of dirt, we most likely are in the past,” Cedar offered.
 
“A most probable deduction,” Winston replied, causing Cedar to blush happily.
 
“Oh, before I forget,” Sahara said, turning sharply toward the butler, “I thought you mentioned knowing Clow Reed when we were in Sakura's world. Is that true?”
 
“Yes, unfortunately I am acquainted with that frivolous, irresponsible wizard.” Winston spoke this last word with much distaste. “We happened to meet per chance at the Sorcerer's Convention some time ago.”
 
“A sorcerer's convention?” Cedar interrupted with a curious expression.
 
“How come we've never heard you mention that before?”
 
“That would be because I have not attended in quite some years,” Winston explained with ease. “As you might recall, I have been rather busy attending to a pair of young ladies who are easily bored.”
 
“So, does this mean you know other magically powerful people that Sahara and I thought were only figments of someone's imagination?” Cedar inquired.
 
“I suppose,” Winston said, although he looked a little reluctant to continue the conversation.
 
“Like who?” Sahara asked, skipping around the grass cheerfully.
 
“I do not feel like discussing the list of my acquaintances at this time.” Winston's tone sounded final so Cedar shrugged and returned to another, more pressing, issue.
 
“So, have we found any other clues as to where we are?” Before anyone could answer, the sound of a sliding door being pulled open drew the attention of the trio, who swiftly turned around to stare at the wooden domicile they had failed to notice mere minutes ago. A short, feminine man with long red hair and a sheathed blade at his side was stepping onto the lawn while a young woman and a boy followed.
 
“Now, when you're in town don't forget we need soy sauce and rice, Kenshin” the woman was saying.
 
“Yes, Kaoru-dono, this one will not forget…” the man trailed off after realizing three strangely dressed people were standing before the dojo and staring at him. “Uh, hello-”
 
“KENSHIN!” the girls shrieked in unison before lunging at the swordsman and glomping him from both sides.
 
“ORO?” Kenshin cried, his eyes becoming spirals.
 
“Hey! What do you think you're doing?” Kaoru glared at the teens with fire in her eyes.
 
“Sorry, I'm being terribly rude,” Sahara replied as she stepped way from the swordsman. “You must want a hug as well!”
 
“What?” Before she could blink Kaoru found herself glomped as well.
 
“That looks like fun,” Cedar said as she also embraced the young swordswoman.
 
“Please accept my deepest apologies,” Winston said to the boy, as he seemed to be the only conscious one at this point. “Oh, I seem to be apologizing quite a lot these days.”
 
“Well, I guess as long as they don't hurt them, it's okay” the boy said with a shrug. “I'm Yahiko Myoujin. Who are you?”
 
“I am known as Winston, while those are Sahara on the left and Cedar on the right,” the butler explained as he pointed to the pair hanging off of Kaoru.
 
“You talk funny and your names are weird,” Yahiko said with a laugh.
 
“Where are you from?” Winston gave a small frown.
 
“I am from nowhere,” he said, drawing a confused expression from the boy.
 
“Winston, don't say that! You're going to creep them out,” Sahara scolded after she and Cedar had finally relinquished their hold on Kaoru. The girls had retrieved their notebooks and were writing vigorously about the reactions their glomping had elicited.
 
“Kenshin definitely reacted as expected,” Cedar said while Sahara nodded in agreement. Kaoru, who had recovered enough to help shake Kenshin back to reality, suddenly turned to the road.
 
“Oh, hello Sanosuke,” she said, waving at the white-garbed fighter who was approaching the dojo.
 
“Hey, missie. What's going on here?” Sano peered at Winston in confusion before a scream caused him to jump.
 
“SANO!” Sahara's writing dropped to the ground as she sprinted over to the fighter and wrapped her arms around his waist. She seemed to be babbling incoherently, which was disturbing enough to people who were used to it, and was frightening Sanosuke like someone had pointed out a piece of technology.
 
“Get the hell off of me!” he yelled, trying to shake her lose.
 
“Okay!” Sahara jumped away from him with a smile. Winston sighed and tapped his cane on the ground.
 
“Once again, I must offer apologies for my wards,” he said as a small vortex appeared beside him. “I see that this is a dojo, so perhaps these might be of some use to you.” An array of wooden dummies used for sparring appeared on the lawn much to the astonishment of the characters.
 
“That is amazing, de gozaru yo,” Kenshin said, his violet eyes wide enough to make the girls squee at him.
 
“It's not amazing, it's evil black magic!” Sanosuke spoke with horror in his voice as he backed quickly away from the strange trio. “He's going to try and steal our souls!”
 
“Ah, perhaps it would be best if we departed now,” Winston replied, tapping his cane on the ground as if to emphasize his point.
 
“You're right,” Sahara said as she finished her entry on Sanosuke.
 
“Good-bye Kenshin-gumi!” Cedar said with a wave as she headed over to peer down the road.
 
“Bye bye!” Sahara added before skipping off down the road, Cedar following along happily. Winston gave a polite bow to the mystified quartet and strolled along behind the girls. After staring at the wooden dummies for a few moments, Sanosuke rubbed his head and sighed.
 
“The Meiji era is not what it used to be.”
 
It didn't take too long for the three travelers to reach an inhabited town. As Cedar and Sahara peered around eagerly at the novel surroundings, Winston eyed the two with a serious expression. “So, did either of you young ladies learn anything from that incident?”
 
“Yes,” Sahara said, her face sobering. “Words are good.” Cedar expressed her agreement while the butler shook his head.
 
“I should have expected this,” he murmured. The trio spent a good few minutes wandering around before certain realizations set in.
 
“Winston, as much as I enjoy looking at old-fashioned Japanese clothing, toys, accessories, and other knick-knacks, I`m getting a bit tired,” Sahara said.
 
“And did you notice that we're getting a lot of strange looks,” Cedar added, glancing nervously around her. “How long will it be until we can leave for the next world?” Winston checked the shiny gold pocket watch he always carried with him.
 
“It appears that we still have a quarter of an hour to wait until my magic has recharged. Why don't you two try and absorb a bit of this historic culture while I search for a shop carrying teabags? Oh, and do try not to make any mischief this time.”
 
“Mischief? From these darling angels?” Sahara questioned, donning her most innocent expression. Winston sighed as Cedar smiled before adjusting his hat and strolling of down the street.
 
“Well, what should we do now?” Cedar asked, trying to ignore the bevy of strange looks they were still attracting.
 
“I don't know. Let's go that way.” Sahara gestured toward her companion's right so the two set off in search of some entertainment.
 
“You'd think that in this time of swordfights and bandits we'd see some action,” Cedar muttered without thinking. As they turned a corner the pair was surprised to discover a section of town they'd never seen before.
 
“Do you remember how to get back to where Winston was?” Sahara asked, although she knew what the answer would be. “Great. We're lost.”
 
“Oh? We can help you find your way.” Cedar jumped while Sahara whirled around to glare at the assortment of shabby-looking men who had gathered close to them.
 
“Yeah, right, like I'd fall for that one,” Sahara said with a roll of her eyes. “You're just disreputable thugs!”
 
“Sahara! Don't provoke them!” Cedar hissed.
 
“Oops. Well, I won't waste my breath apologizing, since that never works.” Cedar slapped a hand against her forehead in disgust before realizing that the shabby men were now surrounding them.
 
“Mr. Bandit, please forgive my friend. She knows not what she says.” The one who'd spoken before gave a gap-filled grin.
 
“Sure, I'll accept your apology… as long as it comes with an appropriate monetary compensation.”
 
Ah, money, the great friendship maker,” Sahara suddenly said with a smile.