Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Heroes in a 1/2 Shell ❯ Patience Is a Virtue the Ninja Holds Most Dearest ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Deep underground in the sewers of New York, the cities' most reliable heroes bided their time. Ever since the end of the Shredders' reign as the king of the streets, life had become quite arid. Sure there was the occasional break in here and there, maybe a mugging or two, but nothing could compare to their glory days of taking on a criminal organization so advanced that the police couldn't even combat them.
Donatello and Michelangelo were the only ones of the four brothers to keep the same persona since the death of Shredder. Donatello had caught up with the 21st century by becoming a computer consultant, after all, technology was what he knew best.
Michelangelo was just living life. Well, his definition of living life that is. His daily routine consisted mainly of skateboarding the endless corridors of the New York sewer system, watching about 6 hours of tv a day, scarfing down a few pizzas, and sleeping for about 12 hours. Let's face it, the man had become a pothead.
Leonardo and Raphael, well that was another story. During their glory days battling the Shredder, it became apparent that fighting was their alleviation in life. Of course, in Raphael it was more evident. But these days of all boredom and no action also brought that quality to Leonardo. Raphael would go out at night and scavenge the streets, looking for anything, any excuse to fight. But he rarely ever found anything. Leonardo had picked up on Michelangelos' lifestyle, sitting around and watching tv.
Splinter, the brothers' father and master had virtually remained the same. Even though there was no sign of danger, he continued to train his body and mind, as if he foresaw the coming danger.
This day the four brothers all sat around the tv set. You can tell that they hadn't had any exercise in a while. They seemed like zombies, not the regular, energetic turtles the city once knew. Michelangelo spoke out in an exhausted voice.
“Anyone wanna order a pizza?”
“No…” the other four brothers replied. 
Michelangelo was in control of the remote. He continuously flipped the channels as if he showed no interest in actually watching anything. 
“You gonna put it on something or what?” Raphael barked at Michelangelo.
“There's nothing on!”
Michelangelo switched off the tv. 
“You know, I never thought I'd say this but… I kind of miss Shredder.”
“Michelangelo!”
The four brothers were startled by the sudden scream. They looked backwards revealing their master standing in the doorway of their dojo.
“What is it Master Splinter?” asked Leonardo.
“What is the meaning of your words Michelangelo?” Splinter went on to question.
“Well- I… I wasn't serious.” Michelangelo said in response.
Splinter continued to walk out of the dojo doorway and towards the boys. He stood in front of them; the boys were at full attention. 
“Have I not taught you the basic fundamentals of ninjitsu?”
“What do you mean master?” Leonardo asked.
“I know your teenage minds are restless. It is your natural instinct to feel aghast in your desire to make use of your skills. But I must warn you, that was the same exact weakness that Oroku Saki was burdened with, the same burden that ultimately lead to his transformation into the Shredder and his demise. Do I need to retell the story of Oroku Saki and my master?”
“I have a distinct feeling that if we say no you're going to tell us anyway.” Raphael replied.
Splinter let out a sigh. “I am proud of you all, my sons. That fact has not changed whatsoever. The day you finally completed your task of destroying Shredder remains the proudest day of my life. It was the day you proved to me that your minds had been trained just as well as your bodies have, especially you, Raphael.”
“Huh?” Raphael had a confused expression upon his face.
“I know you and your brother Leonardo have had your differences. It was you who threw away your pride and let your brother take on Shredder alone. That act was a more difficult task than fighting any caliber of warrior. That night you learned the most difficult trait of ninjitsu. But not just you, all of you had learned much, for the first time you could all rightfully call yourselves true warriors.”
The boys continued to listen to their masters' speech with both fascination and pride. 
“But in these recent times I've notice that you've forgotten what I have taught you-“
“But we haven't forgotten master!” Leonardo interrupted.
“Silence!”
Leonardo stopped and continued to listen.
“You four have accomplished more with your knowledge of martial arts more than anyone I've ever knew. You've rid an entire city of its' crime. But the fact is my sons, because you have no opponent to fight against, you wage a war against yourselves. A true ninja must train himself at all times. He must be prepared for anything, not because it's what he wants, but because it's his obligation. You do not continue to push yourselves, feel that you have no need for your skills! I will not always be here to push you, you must push yourselves if you wish to continue your greatness. Discipline is the most sacred art a ninja possesses. If you do not have discipline, you're opening yourselves to not only danger from your foes, but to yourself. That was the fatal flaw that plagued Oroku Saki. I do not wish for you to tread down that same path.”
Leonardo jumped out of his seat, “But we're not like Oroku Saki!”
“Not yet you are. But if you continue down this path, I fear you will become the very enemy you destroyed.” 
Splinter finished his lecture and walked back into the dojo. He stopped right before the door.
“Heed these words: do not look forward to battle, but always be prepared for it. If you aren't constantly pushing yourselves, you may find a danger that I cannot save you from.” Splinter continued his ascent into the dojo.
The boys stayed behind pondering the words of their master. 
“Hmm…. Did anyone else not fully understand that?” Donatello said.
“He was trying to tell us that we're in danger by not continuing to train ourselves.” Leonardo replied with his back turned.
Raphael scoffed. 
“C'mon, there hasn't been a single crime in this city in over fourteen months, I assure you, we have nothing to worry about here.”
“Are you doubting the masters' wisdom, Raph?” Leonardo looked at Raphael in content.
Raphael stared right back. It was like one of their old fashion stare downs.
“Look, I know Splinter is wise and all, but we all know that crime's finished in this town. Our fighting days are over! It's highly unlikely that a problem is gonna come barging through that door.”
At that moment April came frantically running through the door. She stopped and caught her breath. 
“You guys! The Foot! They're back!” she said.
The turtles stared at her in abruptness. 
“What?” all four turtles said at once.
April continued to pant from running. Nevertheless, she continued to explain the situation.
“It's true. They breached an army base this morning, and now I think that they're going to bust Baxter Stockman out of prison.”
“When did this happen?” Leonardo asked.
“You guys haven't been watching the news?” she asked.
“No.” the four replied. 
“Are you absolutely sure about this?” Leonardo asked.
“Yes! I talked to one of the soldiers that was there during the heist. He said they were ninjas and they stole Baxter Stockmans' Dimension Hopper. And now, I'm pretty sure they going to break Baxter Stockman out of prison. He's the only person in the world who can work his machines, it's the next logical step. I don't know what they're planning to do, but I'm sure that it's the work of the Foot.”
Donatello and Michelangelo both got out of their seats.
“Well what are we waiting for dudes?” Michelangelo said.
Leonardo and Raphael each looked at each other and nodded. Leonardo ran into the dojo, followed by Raphael, then Michelangelo, and then Donatello. The four all ran to their master and bowed before him. Splinter was in a meditation. 
“Master! April's here and she says that the Foot is back and they're going to break Baxter Stockman out of jail!” Leonardo exclaimed.
Splinter opened his eyes and gazed upon them. 
“I warned you about this sort of thing. Go! Get your weapons!”
“Right!” the four turtles said.
They each stood up and went to a large box against the dojo wall. Michelangelo pulled out a pair of nunchakus. 
“Hello boys! Did you miss me?” He said.
Michelangelo strapped the weapon to his side and proceeded to run out the door. Before he left he informed the others, “I'll go get the van started!'
Next was Donatello who pulled out a large pole like object wrapped in cloth. He unwrapped the cloth revealing a six-foot long bo staff, he followed Michelangelo out to the van. 
Leonardo and Raphael both went into the box simultaneously. Leonardo took out his pair of katanas still in their sheathe. He strapped them to his back. Raphael took out a belt and tied it around his side, next he pulled out two dusty sai. He polished them with a rag that was hanging on a hook connected to the wall. He strapped the sai to his belt.
Leonardo and Raphael stood up and looked at each other.  
“I guess you were right.” Raphael said.
Leonardo smiled at Raphael. The two dashed out of the room and began to make their way to the van. 
April watched them as they ran out. Splinter came walking out of the dojo with his cane stood next to April. 
“I have a feeling this is going to be a long night.” He said.
“Yeah…. Wait, what am I doing here? I have to get down to the station.” April then immediately began to speed out of the turtle household.
Splinter watched and let out a sigh. “Kids….”
---------------
As the sun set down on The Big Apple, the small town of Nerima was just waking up.
Akane awoke and began her daily routine of getting ready for school. When she was done, she walked downstairs and into the dining room where her father, Genma, Nabiki, and Kasumi were already eating breakfast.
Kasumi was the first to see Akane enter. “Oh, good morning Akane, sit down and have some breakfast.
Akane looked around and notice the absence of Ranma and Happosai. They're still out there?” she asked.
“Very juvenile if you ask me.” Nabiki said as she took another bite. 
“If Ranma doesn't come back soon, he's gonna be late for school.” Said Akane.
“Speaking of which, I should get going myself if I don't wanna be late.” Nabiki picked up her school bag, walked out the door and headed for school.
Akane finished her breakfast and then began her own walk to school. 
---------------
On the very other side of town, at the docks., Shredders' two mutant henchmen arrived at Nerima by helicopter. They were still asleep when it landed. A phone that was attached to Rocksteadys' pant-loops started to ring, but he remain asleep. The phone continued to ring until the message machine answered, Karai was on the other end.
“Hey! Idiots! Pick up the phone!” she yelled though the answering machine. “Those fools are sleeping aren't they?” she muttered through the phone.
“WAKE UP!!!” she screamed at the top of her lungs.
Rocksteady reluctantly began to awake. His eyes slowly opened and he began smacking his lips. “Wh-what's going on?”
“Answer the phone damn it!” Karai yelled again.
Rocksteady slowly unhooked the phone from his pants and pressed it up to his ear. He was still waking up. “This is Rocksteady speaking.” 
“Have you started the mission yet?” Karai asked.
“We're there already?”
“Yes! Now hurry up and find the girl! I need to start my mission. Remember, Lord Shredders' new life is partly in your hands. DON'T SCREW UP!”
“Y-yes ma'am.”
Karai hung up the phone. Rocksteady did the same after word. He looked over to Bebop who was still asleep. He grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him awake. Bebop awoke suddenly, startled awake.
“Wh-wh-what!? Five more minutes!” Bebop said frantically.
“Wake up! The boss lady says it's time to do the mission.”
Bebop let out a large yawn, “You mean we're there already?” He stretched his arms. “Ok, let's get it over with.”
The two hopped out of the helicopter and looked around. Surrounding them were about fifty or sixty Foot soldiers. 
“*snort* What's with these guys.” Bebop asked.
“The boss lady thinks that we can't handle ourselves alone, so she sent some Foot soldiers along.” Rocksteady replied.
“*snort* How insulting. Oh well, we'd better get going before the boss lady yells at us again.” Said Bebop.
---------------
Akane was walking to school. She kept an eye out for Ranma though. She thought to herself `That idiot. He didn't eat breakfast, he didn't get a good night sleep, how's he gonna function at school now? Or is he even going to make it to school at al? Oh well, what do I care?'
In the distance she began to hear a voice; “Hah! Hah! You're too slow! You'll never catch me.” It was most certainly Happosais' voice. Next she heard Ranmas' distinguished voice; “Eventually you're gonna fall over and die old man! I can run like this forever!”
Akane looked around the area, she could hear them, but couldn't see them. Suddenly a small figure moving so fast it could only be seen as a blur passed underneath Akane, the wind from the speed caused her skirt to fly up. She quickly scrambled to push it back down. 
“Oh! Hello Akane!” Happosai said as he passed by.
Akane had become enraged by that incident. Unfortunately for Ranma, he happened to be passing by just at the wrong moment. 
Ranma didn't see Akane for he was still fixated on catching Happosai. As he attempted to run passed, Akane swung her bag at Ranmas' face sending him flying into the drainage ditch that lay just across the street. Ranma hit the cold water and submerged as a girl. 
“Hey! What the hell was that all about?!” Ranma said as she spit out the water she had swallowed. 
“Ranma I can't believe you! You stayed out all night chasing Happosai! Did you forget about school?” Akane yelled.
“Huh? It's morning already? I guess I didn't notice.” Ranma replied.
Ranma stood up and did a front flip out of the drainage ditch. “Hitting me really wasn't necessary you know? Now I'll never catch up with that little twerp.”
“You can get him some other time. Besides school's more important.” Said Akane.
Ranma scoffed, “Yeah right, there's probably a few dozen girls over there that wanna kicked my ass too.”
“Oh, you're just making a big deal out of nothing.” 
“I am? Have you ever been beaten half to death by a pack of angry women? It ain't fun.” Ranma replied.
“Don't worry, I'll clear up everything once we're at school. I'll tell them the truth about their panties, you don't have anything to worry about.” Said Akane.
“If there's one thing I've learned here, it's not to trust you with my well-being.” 
Akanes' expression changed from angry to very angry. “Like I said, I'll try and help you. That is, if you don't piss me off!”
“Okay, okay. I guess I'll go to school.” Ranma finally agreed.
Just as Ranma was ready to give up the chase, her body stiffened up revealing Happosai grabbing onto her butt.
“Oh, don't tell me you're gonna give up already! Maybe if you stay like this I'll let you catch up to me.” Happosai said.
Ranma took a swing at Happosai, but he dodged it and jumped back up into the rooftops. “C'mon, you know it's fun!” Happosai then assumed running.
Ranma stood for a second cracking her knuckles, “This is why you never give that freak a chance.” Ranma forgot about the idea of going to school that morning and restarted the pursuit.
“Ranma! Wait!” Akane also assumed to run after the two.
---------------
The turtles arrived at the prison. They parked their van across the street in an unused parking lot and kept watch over the building. The prison sat just a few miles outside of the city limits; no buildings surrounded the structure so if a breakout were to take place, it'd be more difficult for the Foot to make a clean getaway with Baxter Stockman. 
Michelangelo was in the drivers' seat of the van, Donatello sat next to him in the passenger seat. Leonardo and Raphael stood in the back behind Michelangelo and Donatellos' seats watching the prison relentlessly. The atmosphere was quiet and uneventful.
“Maybe they already hit the place.” Michelangelo came out and said.
“I have a feeling that things would be a little more hectic around here if the prisons' most dangerous inmate had escaped.” Donatello replied.
“Baxter's nothing but a big computer geek. As much as a wimp as they come.”
Donatello stared at Michelangelo in content.
“Oh! No offense to you Donny.” Michelangelo said.
“Maybe April was wrong and we're on a wild goose chase.” Raphael angrily said. 
“Well let's not leave yet, there's still hope.” Leonardo said.
“Hey, wait! Isn't looking forward to a fight the exact thing that Splinter told us not to do?” said Donatello. 
Little did the turtles know, hiding in the hills surround the prison were Karai and her band of Foot soldiers waiting for the right time to make their move. One of the Foot soldier in possession of binoculars inspected the perimeter around the building. Two guards were walking out of the front gate who each went to their separate cars and drove off. The Foot soldier put the binoculars down and began and informed Karai of the situation.
“The last two guards have just left day shift and the bulk of the night shift guards haven't arrived. If there's any good time to make our move, it's now.”
“Very well.” Karai said as she pulled out a CB radio. She pushed down the button on the side and spoke into it. The frequency was signaled to a group of five Foot soldiers who were hiding in an underground tunnel system that had been dug secretly by the Foot over the course of two weeks. The end of the tunnel stopped at the outer wall of the prison, the entrance had disguised by a blanket covered in dirt.
Karais' CB came through, “This is mission commander to squad leader, is your team prepared? Over.” she said.
“Yes ma'am, over.” The team leader replied.
“The prison should be at its' lowest guard attendance, make sure you take them all out this time, we were lucky last time, over.”
“Don't worry, this should be a little easier than squandering a five ton machine out of a military base, over and out.” The team leader turned his attention to his squad. “Alright men, your mission is simple: take out all the guards. It's my duty to get to the prisons' control room, you make sure I can get there without any bullets in me. Got it?”
“Yes sir!” the team enthusiastically replied. 
“Good, on three, for Master Shredder. One. Two. Three.”Â&nb sp;The team all threw their right arms in the air simultaneously and shouted “For Master Shredder!”
Back at the van the turtles still awaited the Foot to make their move. Michelangelo was fooling around with a deck of cards, he then handed a card to Raphael trying to perform a magic trick. “Take a card.” Raphael made a mean face at him and without hesitation smacked the deck of cards out of Michelangelos' hand out of annoyance. “I told you this was pointless.” He angrily said. 
“I just thought of something. We're going about this all wrong, I mean, the Foot are a group of ninjas right?” Donatello suddenly said. “What we seem to be looking for is an all out assault on the prison, but if we're dealing with ninjas, they'd wanna perform this task silently. I say, we need to get in closer to the prison. Who knows? They could be escaping as we speak.”
“Good thinking.” Leonardo said. “Everyone scout the perimeter of the prison, don't let anyone see you.” 
“Right!” Michelangelo and Donatello each replied. They opened the door and attempted to climb out of the van when they noticed a plethora of cars headed towards the prison. Donatello and Michelangelo quickly got back into the van and ducked down as the cars went by. 
Karai and her group of Foot soldiers also noticed the group of cars. She looked at them through her binoculars, one of the vans arriving was labeled Channel 3 Eyewitness News. “Damn! It's the O'Neil bitch! “ She said.
April got out of her car as well as the rest of her camera crew who proceeded to set up all the equipment. April went to the van, grabbed her microphone and stood in front the camera. The camera man signaled to her, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1:
“This is April O'Neil Channel 3 Eyewitness News standing in front of the New York State Penitentiary where it is believed that the same people responsible for the break-in at the army base this morning will attempt to break the notorious criminal scientist Baxter Stockman outside of his maximum security cell. The New York City Police Department seems to be reluctant to prevent this from occurring, even though they are aware that the item that was stolen this morning was a Dimension Hopper invented by Baxter Stockman.” 
Across town at the New York Police Station, Chief Sterns was watching his miniature tv atop his desk while eating a bowl of cup-a-noodles. He saw as April reported that the Foot Clan was back and at the same time insulting the integrity of the police department. He spit out his mouthful of noodles and grabbed the phone sitting on his desk. He dialed a few numbers and held the phone to his ears. “This is Chief Sterns! Get the helicopter ready, NOW!” 
In the van, the turtles inspected the situation. “That April and her new reports.” Leonardo said. “Alright, let's go around the back.” The boys got out of the van and ran around to the back of the prison.
The band of Foot soldiers in charge of infiltrating had already taken out the tower guards and breached the outer wall of the prison. When they got inside, four of them began taking out all the guards with poison darts and knocking them out with blunt instruments. The team leader made his way to the prisons' security center. The security center consisted of three guards, two at the prisons' control pattern, and one watching the security cameras. Well, sort of watching them, he didn't really notice that about 12 guards had been taken down, he was too busy on an article in Maxim Magazine. A knock came to the door. 
“Get that will `ya?” One of the control panel guards told the other one. The second guards got up and walked to the door. He opened the peephole, on the other side stood a fellow guard. “Hey Charlie, it's Mike, open up.” The guard without hesitation unlocked and opened the door. Upon opening it, the Foot squad leader came up from the right side of the door way and proceeded to judo-chop the neck of the guard who got the door to open, knocking him down. He then swiftly kicked the second control panel guard in his face also knocking him unconscious. The two remaining guards saw and attempted to pull their guns out of their holsters, but before they got the chance, the Foot squad leader pulled out a bamboo straw and shot a poison dart into the necks of both guards leaving them in the same state as the other two.
The squad leader was officially alone in the prisons' security center. He walked up to the control panel, he then took out his CB radio and signaled it into the other four Foot soldiers who were standing at the entrance to the prisons' maximum security wing. “Proceeding to unlock maximum security wing, over.” He transferred over the radio. “Roger that, over.” The Foot soldier on the other end replied. The large steel door unlocked, creating a very loud noise, the four Foot soldiers just strolled in. There were four guards in the maximum security wing; two on the bottom floor, and three on the top. They all rushed to see who was coming in through the door. As soon as the four foot soldiers were in they each pulled out shurikens in an flash and threw them with precision into the heads and chests of the four guards. They all fell to the floor dead. 
After that, no guard was left standing. The turtles met at the back of the prison building. “Anyone see anything?” Leonardo asked them. Raphael noticed that one of the watchtower guards was slumped over his rifle. “I'll tell you what, I don't think that guy up there's asleep.” The other three looked at the watchtower guard, they then looked at the other watchtower guard who was also slumped over his rifle. 
“Either they're in or they've already broken him out.” Leonardo said. 
“Well, no need to play it on the down low anymore.” Said Raphael as he pulled out his sai. The four ran to the outer prison wall and hopped clean over it. 
The four Foot soldier who made it into the maximum security wing marched to Baxter Stockmans' cell. The Foot soldier carrying the CB radio contacted the squad leader in the security center. “We've arrived at Stockmans' cell.”
“Well done. I'm proceeding to open the door.” The guard walked over to the cell control panel. He looked around for the maximum security cell switches. He found the switch labeled `Baxter Stockman'. He flipped the switch which opened his cell door. 
The four Foot soldiers stood back and watched as a figured appeared from the darkness. It was a man-sized fly walking upright and wearing a regulation orange prison jumpsuit. He began to stretch his arms and flap his wings, “Ah, this feels so good! I haven't set foot out of that cell in over a year! I almost forgot the sweet taste of freedom. I hope you goons have secured my Dimension Hopper.” 
“We have everything prepared, now if you'd please, we're in a sort of hurry.” One of the Foot soldiers replied.
“Yes, of course, first let me fetch some of my blueprints, I've had lots of time to think while I was in there.” Baxter retreated back into his cell and gathered a few papers that were rolled up and held like that with rubber bands. Once he had them all he proceeded to walk out, “Okay, let's get the hell out of here.”
As he stepped out of his cell for the second time, the sharp edge of a katana pointed right towards his throat. He immediately dropped his drawings, dropped to the floor, and presumed into the fetal position, “Ah! Don't hurt me I surrender!”
He lifted his head up slightly revealing the ninja turtles holding his four rescuers hostage. Michelangelo held his nunchakus around the neck of one, Donatello held his bo staff around another, while Raphael had the other two clenched under his arms. 
“I told you dudes he was nothing but a computer geek.” Michelangelo said.
On the outside, April and her new crew sat around waiting for some action to happen. Aprils' cameraman Jake was sitting next to her.
“I hope you're right about this April, we all went pass Charles to cover this story, if we don't get anything, it could mean all our jobs.”
“Trust me. It's weird though usually when we park ourselves in front of a federal building, someone comes out and yells at us.” April replied.
The sound of helicopter propellers appeared and assumed to grown larger. A single helicopter appeared coming up from beyond the hills. It approached and landed in the prison parking lot right in front of the news crew vehicles. The side of the helicopter read NYPD. Almost before the helicopter landed, the door swung open and an angry Chief Sterns came barging out. He marched straight to April. Aprils' cameraman got up and fetched his film camera.
“O'Neil, what the hell are you doing?! I told you, no reports about the Foot!”
Sterns furiously said to April.
Back in the hills, Karai watched as Sterns was yelling at April. She put the CB radio up to her lips and tuned into the squad commanders' frequency. 
“Squad commander, I have some bad news, the police have arrived at the scene, over.” She said.
The squad commander heard the call and put his radio up to his lips. “Oh yeah, I'll do you one better. I've got the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles holding my men and Baxter Stockman hostage, over.”
“Damn! Hold on, let me think about this, over.” Karai put down her CB.
The squad leader inspected the security control panel. He snickered, “Now there's an idea….” 
He approached the cellblock control panel and began flipping all the switches. In an instance, ever cell in the prison had opened waking all the inmates from their sleep. The inmates got out of their beds with confused looks on their faces. 
After opening all the cell doors, the squad leader approached a microphone and pressed the intercom button lying next to it.
“Attention: This is the Warden speaking. The prison is officially under no management. The weapons and ammunition room is also unlocked, for any of you interested.”
One by one, the inmates began approaching out of their cells. At first they seemed confused, but that confusion was soon overwhelmed by excitement as the prisoners gathered ran to the stock room to gather their personal items taken from there upon arrival and also heading towards the weapons storage room to stock up on guns and ammo. It was utter chaos.
The turtles watched as the maximum security prisoners each got out of their cells and walked down the stairs to freedom. They inmates didn't seem to notice the turtles or the Foot soldiers, they were too preoccupied with their sudden freedom. 
The squad leader radioed Karai. “I think I've solved our police problem, they're gonna be way too preoccupied with other affairs to be worried about us. Now all we have to do is think of a way to get rid of the turtles. Over.”
Karai received the frequency. She stared at April O'Neil in the distance for a while. “Okay, it's time to start playing dirty.” She then pulled out her shÅtÅ and began to charge at April.
Back on Aprils' side, the cameraman had his camera fixated on Sterns as he tried desperately to stop the crew from filming.
“Don't you think there's something fishy going on here Sterns?” April interrogated Sterns. The rest of the crew cheer April on and yelled “Yeah!” as she continued to insult him through words. 
Chief Sterns began to sweat and become red with anger. “SHUT UP!” he yelled. The crew became silent. “Now listen, I assure you that the Foot no longer exists and there is not going to be a prison breakout here tonight!”
Suddenly a female member of Aprils' crew began to scream and point at the prison as thousands of prison inmates came pouring out of the prisons' front gate. Some of them had guns. 
Chief Sterns looked at the spectacle in absolute fear. “Oh shit. I put half of these people behind bars.” He immediately ran to his helicopter and told the pilot to take off. “Go! Go! Now! “ The pilot started the propellers and took off as fast as he could. Some of the prison inmates ran to try and stop it, but it took lift off, and began to fly away. 
The camera crew was now surrounded by thousands of inmates. Karai and her Foot soldiers came charging towards the group of inmates and crew. They jumped into the center of it all, grabbed April, and held her shÅtÅ to her neck. She then picked up her CB and tuned into the frequency of the radio in possession by the Foot soldiers who were being held by the turtles.
“Turtles! Pick up!”
Raphael looked down at one of the Foot soldiers in which the sound was coming from. The CB was attached to his belt, Raphael used his Foot to pick up and toss over to Leonardo who then answered it.
“This is Leonardo.” He said.
“Now look, here's what you're going to do. You're going to let go of Baxter Stockman and my men and let them walk out of the prison peacefully. You got that?”
“Just one problem. What makes you think we're willing to do that?” Leonardo replied. 
“Cause I have April O'Neil in my possession.” She replied
“What?! Don't you DARE hurt her!” 
“That's up to you, let go of Baxter and my men!” Karai held the CB up to Aprils' mouth and began to tighten her grip on her neck. This caused April to let out a chocking sound. “Say help, would you darling?” Karai asked.  
“Leo!” April screamed.
Leonardo looked at his brothers, they put their heads down and let go of Baxter Stockman and the four Foot soldiers. 
“Now get into the cell or I'll throw her to the inmates who probably haven't seen a woman in quite awhile!” Karai said.
Leonardo and the other three walked contritely into the cell once occupied by Baxter Stockman. 
Karai tuned the channel on her CB to the squad commander who remained inside the prisons' control panel. “Shut the doors in the maximum security wing.” She demanded. The squad leader without hesitation did as he was told. 
As soon as the doors slammed shut, Baxter Stockman, the squad commander, and the other four Foot soldiers took their leave of the prison.
Karai turned off her CB. “Mission complete gentlemen.” She told to her surrounding Foot soldiers. April attempted to jerk out of Karais' arms, Karai jerked back. “Oh no, you're coming with us, I can't have you sabotaging anymore missions.” She threw April into the grasp of one of the Foot soldiers and then strolled over to one of the inmates, the one who looked to be the leader of the pact. She looked into his eyes with a complacent look on her face, “Say if you fellows are looking for a job, Shredder's looking for new talent.” She then threw him a calling card. “The address is there, you should really stop by. I'm sure it's much more inviting than any halfway house. 
She turned and walked back to her band of Foot soldiers. “Well, I think we'd better get going. I suggest you boys do so as well.” She then dropped a smoke bomb making the surrounding inmates cough. When the smoke cleared, they were all gone.
The sirens of the approaching squad cars and swat team could now be heard. The inmate who was in possession of Shredders' calling card took a look at it and then put it in his pocket. “I think she's right boys.” The thousands upon thousands of inmates then took their leave headed towards the bright city lights.
---------------