Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Doctor Whooves ❯ Episode 1 - Twilight ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Hi there everypony! I'm Midnight Spark! I've decided that the Tennet and Smith Doctors were a little too over used, so I have managed to ponify the entire first episode of Eccelston! I hope you enjoy it! Took me around 7 hours to make everything correct. So without further ado, here is “Twilight”



Twilight

“Well, I'm not going to be gone for too long,” Twilight said, smiling down to Spike, “I just need to get a few things from Manehattan and I'll be back in a couple of days.”

Twilight was packing things away in her saddlebag cheerfully. She had never been to a big city such as Manehattan and she was a little excited to go. Rarity asked her to get new fabrics so that she could make a dress for waiting customers.

Spike sighed lightly, “O-okay, I'll just watch things here at the library then...”

“No. I have already asked Fluttershy to take care of you while I'm gone, so that way I'll have nothing to worry about, like the time you decided to sneeze next to the books.”

“I told you that was an accident!” He grumbled.

She giggled lightly and turned towards the door. “Alright, I'm off!” She said as she left the young dragon. Trotting out of Ponyville and leaving it out of sight. Other than constantly going to Canterlot, she hadn't really left Ponyville. She continuously told herself that she was on a mission, but the thought of being in the big city was exciting and she had to know more than what her books told her.

After a few hours travel, night began to fall. Twilight wasn't too prepared for camping or even stopping. She started to think that she misread a few things in her plan and was now falling behind until she saw a light over the horizon. Manehattan!

It was so beautiful looking at it from afar. The busy bustling city even at night! The sights were amazing and the building were huge. Twilight stood there gawking for a moment before taking a deep breath and entering the town.

“So many ponies still awake at this time of night! I guess that's why they call it 'The City That Never Sleeps!'” She giggled. She pulled out the small notepad that had the instructions that Rarity gave her, “Okay... I need to try and find Gem Square Fashions...” She said to herself quietly.

She looked around but didn't see it. Sighing lowly, she sat down. “I don't think I'll be able to find it...”

“Find what?” A blue earth pony with a brown mane stopped and looked over to her. His mane was messy and unkept and his cutie make was three dice. A four sider, six sider and twelve sider.

“Gem Square Fashions?” Twilight said as she stood back up.

The other pony giggled a little and pointed at the building behind her. Twilight looked back and saw a large sign that read, “Gem Square Fashions” She blushed lightly as the pony fell to the ground and laughed hard, holding his belly and rolling around.

She put the notepad back in the saddlebag and went into the store.

“That was weird.” She said with a grimace, looking back at the pony who had now gotten back up and hopped across the street. She shook her head and continued through the store, looking for the fabrics that Rarity asked for.

The stand that had the name tag for the fabrics was empty. On top of the stand was a mannequin pony with one of the fabrics on it. Twilight looked around, seeing nopony in sight, so she used her magic to take the fabric off of the plastic doll and replaced it with another.

She turned around and started to walk over to the counter with a happy trot. There was nopony at the counter. She looked around, half expecting to see that blue pony. There didn't seem to be anypony in the store, but she heard movement around her.

“Hello?” Twilight called. There was no response. The young pony started to walk around the store slowly until she notice a small movement out of the corner of her eye. He looked over, but there was nopony there.

She shook her head and sighed lowly. “Why is this store even open if there isn't anypony around?” She then heard a loud bang near the front of the store, quickly she ran and found the door closed and a large blockade in front of it. She heard another noise and turned quickly. A mannequin was now standing in the middle of the walkway. She looked around, seeing all of the mannequins off of the shelves and in the isles.

“Hello? Is this some kind of prank? I know I'm new here, but this is an awful first impression!” She yelled. But there was still no response. One of the mannequins turned it's head slowly towards Twilight. She tilted her head slightly, noticing that there wasn't any magic around it. The mannequin started to walk, like it had a life of it's own. “This doesn't make any sense!” She thought, “How can they move if there isn't anypony controlling them?” They started moving closer to her as she retreated, but backed into a wall. As they got closer, they raised a hoof, ready to strike.

That's when she felt something on her saddlebag. She looked over and saw a brown pony with a close shaven black mane and a black coat. He smiled to her, “Run!”

She quickly moved with him as the mannequins struck the wall, creating a hole. They ran down a small corridor in the employees only section, the dolls following close behind them. Twilight jumped into an open elevator, followed by the colt, pressing the door close button frantically. A mannequin pushed a hoof into the door, but the colt quickly grabbed it, and pulled the arm off, allowing the door to close fully.

“Y-you took his arm off...” Twilight stammered.

“Yup” the colt said as he tossed the arm over to her, “Plastic.”

“Very clever! Nice trick” She said as she rolled her eyes, tucking the arm into her saddlebag incoherently. “Who were the others? Students?”

“Why would they be students?”

“I don't know...”

“Well, you said it, why students?”

“...Because, to get that many ponies dressed up and acting silly, they have to be students.”

The colt looked back to her and smiled, “That makes sense, well done!”

“Thanks!” Twilight said, looking quite smug that she figured it out.

“Their not students” He said as the doors to the elevator opened. Twilight tilted her head again, even more confused now.

The colt looked out of the doors, not seeing anything, he jumped out. Twilight walked out, “This isn't funny! I need-”

The colt cut her off and he turned to her, “Hold on, cover your eyes!” He said , turning away from her again and fiddling with a small device.

“I've had enough of this! Ahh!” She jumped as the small device made a weird noise and the elevator control panel sparked. “Who are you? And who were those ponies down there?!” She called as the colt started to trot away, “I said, who are they?!” she yelled as she followed him.

“They're made of plastic. Living plastic creatures.” The colt said as he ran down another corridor. “They're being controlled by a relay device on the roof. Witch would be a problem if I didn't have this,” He pulled out a small blinking device from his coat, squarish in shape. “So, I'm going to go up there and blow it up. And I might die in the process. But don't worry about me, no.” He opens the door at the end of the corridor and pushes her out of the building. “You go on and have a nice meal. There is a nice game store across the street. But don't tell anypony about this, if you do you'll get them killed!” He said as he slams the door.

Twilight looked blankly at the door and slowly starts to turn around when the door reopened, the colt looking back out, “I'm the Doctor by the way, and you are?”

“T-Twilight...” She said, still trying to process what just happened.

“Nice to meet you Twilight!” The Doctor said. He held up the device and wiggled it a little, “Run for your life!” He said as he again slammed the door shut.

She turned around and looked at the dismal ally way. Adrenaline pumping. She didn't know whether to believe him our not. But she started to run out of the ally as quickly as she could. She took a second look at the store after crossing the street and sighed. She looked around and started to walk away when suddenly the building behind her exploded. It made her jump around and look. She saw a lot of ponies gathering around the building. She turned around quickly and started to run.

She turned a corner and slammed into the blue pony  that she met before. “Hiya there! Everything alright?” He said kind of excitedly.

Twilight looked up to him and then passed out.



She awoken to a lot of noise. Daylight leak in through curtain covered windows. Twilight looked around slowly, the room spinning slightly. She wasn't at her library, but instead in a strange room and in a not too comfortable bed. She pushed the sheet that was covering her off and stood up, slowly walking to the door. She saw her saddlebag next to the entrance of the room. She opened the door slowly and peeked through.

She saw the blue earth pony sitting at a table, writing in a small notepad and humming a soft tune. She walked out and looked around. There were lots of strange looking gadgets and trinkets all over the wall. Clocks of all sorts and armor that moved on its own, making clanking noises. A coo coo clock sounded, and then about fifty seconds later, another sounded.

Tubes were coming out of the table that he sat at. They were making a lot of airy noises. He ripped out a page from the pad and stuck it into the tube as it whisked away to an unknown location.

Three different televisions were on. Each on a different station and in a different language. But all reporting the same thing, the explosion at the store. A small squirrel ran along the top of a tube, carrying a cup in it's grasp and bringing it to the colt and then scurrying away.

Twilight walked into the loud room and suddenly, everything quieted down. The large suit of armor stopped moving and looked at Twilight. The colt's ear flicked and he turned around. His eyes dark with lack of sleep.

“I'm glad you're alright!” He smiled softly as he jumped down off of the chair, walking over to Twilight. “So, what were you running from? Why did the building explode? Did you do it? Why did you faint? Where were you going? Where did I put my keys?” He asked in a furious onslaught.

Twilight took a step back, feeling overwhelmed. “I... Uhh...” She sat down and looked over to the television that she could understand.

The explosion that shook Manehattan last night is finally under control. All that was found in the wreckage was a pile of melted plastic. Nopony was hurt in the explosion.

“Twilight sighed and looked back to the colt who was looking at her excitedly. “Well... first off, my name is Twilight Sparkle...”

“Wowie wowzers! My name is Midnight Spark! It is sure nice to meet you! I run this gaming shop and last night I was out getting some things and then you ran into me and then you fainted” He sat down, “and then you woke up, and then you came out of the room, and then I was all like 'I'm glad you're alright!' and then-”

“A-alright! I know what happened after that. Thank you for taking care of me last night. But I have to get back to Ponyville! My friend is waiting for me.” Twilight said as she walked back into the bedroom to get her saddlebag.

“Whoa! Ponyville?! How... small...” He giggled as he followed her.

She rolled her eyes and started towards the door. “Anyway, thank you again for your help, but I really must go.” She opened the door and standing behind it was the Doctor.

He raised a brow, “What are you doing here?”

“Wait, what do you mean? What are you doing here?” Twilight asked to counter his question.

He pushed passed her and looked around the room. “Wow, what a great looking shop! Is it yours Twilight?” He asked, not noticing Midnight.

“Uhm... No, it's Midnight's.” She took off the saddlebag and looked over to the Doctor. “Okay, maybe you can answer a couple of questions for us.”

Midnight looked back and forth at the two, feeling a lot of tension coming from Twilight. He lowered his head slightly and started towards the kitchen. “I-I'll just get some tea started then. Wowsers! Could you help me out?” The squirrel suddenly jumped up and ran into the kitchen with Midnight.

The Doctor continued to look around the shop, “Well, what do you want to know?”

Twilight walked over to the table and looked around at what Midnight had on it. “Well, what exactly happened out there? I mean, it's not everyday that dolls just come to life like that...”

The Doctor continued to look around the shop, half listening to Twilight. He looked at the top of her saddlebag, “Hmm, Twilight Sparkle. Quaint.”

“...and did you know that they was nopony in the building or did you just gamble?! I think that was just wreckless! But I guess you had to have known since...”

The Doctor chuckled, looking at a mirror on the wall, rubbing his chin slightly. “Huh... could have been worse! But look at the ears...” He says as he lifts a hoof and pokes his ear.

“...I don't think I have ever been that scared in my life, not even when...”

The Doctor turned quickly when he heard scampering across the floor. “Did Midnight's squirrel come back out?”

“What?” She looked over to him and tilted her head slightly, “no, I don't think so. Why?”

“Because I think I hear-” The plastic hoof that Twilight had in her saddlebag jumped out and grabbed the Doctor by the throat and pushing him against the wall. Twilight ran over and tried to use her magic to pull it off, but she was unsuccessful.

The hoof suddenly let the Doctor go and attacked Twilight, wrapping its self around her throat. The Doctor jumped over, pulling out the device that he used last time and pushed a button on it, making it do the noise it made last time.

The arm soon subsided and the Doctor took it and ran out the door. Twilight ran after him, trying to get more answers. Midnight soon emerged from the kitchen with a tea set and looked around. “Hmm, maybe tea was a little cliche...”

Twilight followed the Doctor down the street. “So, why did it try to kill me?” Twilight asked.

The Doctor looked over to her, “It wasn't after you.”

“But they keep coming after me.”

“Oh, so the world revolves around you does it?” The Doctor said, trotting faster. “It was looking for me, but it went after you because you were associated with me.”

Twilight scoffed. “So what, the world suddenly revolves around you now?”

“Sort of, yeah”

She thought for a second and sped up, “Who are you?”

“I told you, I'm the Doctor!” He said, turning a corner.

“But doctor what?”

“Just the Doctor.”

“The Doctor?”

“Hello!” He said cheerfully turning towards her but keeping the steadily fast pace.

“Is that supposed to sound impressive?”

“Sort of, yeah” He Doctor chuckled a little.

“You're really weird!”

“Sort of, yeah!”

The Doctor turned another corner and continued walking down a long side street. “Well, you see, “ The Doctor started, “I've been tracking this this thing for a while now and finally cornered it into the shop and my whole plan almost went perfectly until you nearly blundered it you by showing up when you did.”

“So... it's over now?” Twilight said running up beside him.

“Not in the least! I need to find the controller of it all. That is, I need to find the mind behind that little fiasco.”

“So there was somepony controlling them? But it wasn't by magic...”

“That's right, it was mind control. Using it like a radio wave. And it wasn't a pony that did it either. It was an alien from another world.”

Twilight stopped, looking down at the ground and then looking back to the Doctor, “Doctor! Who are you really?”

The Doctor stopped and turned around. He pushed a hoof at the ground lightly. He walked up to Twilight slowly, “You know when they said that the world is spinning, but you just couldn't believe them because it just felt like you were standing still? I can feel it!” He places a hoof on her softly, “The turn of the world. The ground beneath our feet spinning at a thousand miles an hour. The entire planet surging 'round the Sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour. I can feel it! You and I, we're falling through space, clinging to this tiny little rock and if we let go...” He lets his hoof fall to the ground. He then looks her in the eye, “That's who I am. Now forget me Twilight Sparkle. Go home.” He turns around and continues to walk down the street.

Twilight watched as he walked away. She hung her head and started in the other direction, her mind now filled with wonder, inspiration and more questions to shake a bat at. Her ears shook up as she heard a soft wheezing noise. She turned around and ran towards the direction that the doctor was at, but he was no longer there. She nodded and started back to Midnight's house.

“Oh wowie! You came back!” He cried happily.

Twilight smiled softly. “Hey, do you have any reference libraries or something that I can get some information from?” She asked. She knew that in order to get any questions answered, she had to dig them up herself.

“Well...” Midnight said, “I don't really go out that much, so most of this city is still a mystery to me. But if it is all the same, you can always go onto the Ponynet!” He points to an old rustic computer in the bedroom.

She walks into the room, turning on the computer and waiting for the long load time. She then opens a browser, a search site pops up on the screen. She thinks to herself, and then uses her magic to type “The Doctor” into the text field. It pulls up a few sites to the doctors of Equestria, but nothing pertaining to the one she was thinking of. She added to the field, “The Doctor Living Plastic” pulling up a single web site that read that a doctor in Trotsylvania was creating artificial body parts.

She jumped a little and turned around quickly to a noise in the other room. She saw Midnight and his squirrel playing. Twilight thought hard, turning back to the computer. And then she realized that when the Doctor was walking away from her, there was a blue, wooden box, and when she ran back, it was gone. She looked at the keyboard and replaced “Living Plastic” with “Blue Box

A site came up entitled, “Doctor Who?” excitement coursed through her blood as she selected the site. It was a simple site with a single picture showing the Doctor amongst a sea of ponies with blurred faces. Under the picture read, “Have you seen this man? Contact Clive!” An email address was given though a hyperlink in his name. She nodded, clicking his name she started to pour her story into the computer.

Her and Midnight trotted down a very nice looking residential area, stopping at a yellow house with a red door. Twilight checked her notepad and nodded.

“This is it!” She said half confidently. “Alright Midnight, I'll be right back, wait for me here please...”

Midnight nodded and looked around, seeing a older colt putting trash in a bin and quickly walking back into his house. “Wowie, these people sure don't seem thrilled we're here...” He looked back to Twilight, “This place gives me the hibee jebees! Just hurry please!” He sat down on the curb and waited.

Twilight knocked on the door. A young unicorn answered.

“Hi, my name is Twilight Sparkle, I talked to Clive online...”

The unicorn looked her up and down and then turned away, “Dad! It's one of your nutters!” He said as he trotted away.

A larger unicorn with a shaggy looking mane and a sky blue sweater came from another room, “Hello there! I'm Clive. Come to the shed and we'll talk more...” He said, turning around towards the back door.

A voice from up stairs called down, “Who's at the door?”

“It's the pony asking about the Doctor. I'm going to show her what I've got and then I'll take Tommy to his game!”

A unicorn came down the steps, carrying laundry with her. “It a her? Somepony asked about the Doctor, and it's a her?” She ask quite pleased.

Clive scurried around his shed, lifting certain documents and placing them on the small table. “See, I couldn't just send these to you online, ponies might try to intercept them... If you know what I mean... But if you dig deep enough and keep a lot out of your mind, this Doctor keeps popping up all over the place.” He said as he turned around to face her. He stopped next to the table and started going through the files.

“Political diaries, conspiracy theories, ghost stories... No first name, no last name, just... The Doctor... Always the Doctor. The title seems to be passed down from father to son, like an inheritance.” He points to a picture, “That's your Doctor there, isn't he?”

Twilight looked at the picture and nodded softly.

“I tracked it down to a Canterlot public archive just last year. This photo is enhance, but...uh...” He starts to root through more documents until he pulls out another picture. “Here is the original.”

Twilight looked at the picture. It was a gathering of a lot of ponies. The princess was there being guided down the street by her personal guard. She looked back up to Clive, “I don't get it...”

“This picture was taken fifty years ago. But he still looks the same... And then there is this. This washed up off the coast of Fillidelphia. As you can see, there is-”

“Star-Swirl The Bearded! Father of the Amiomorphic spell!” Twilight interrupted.


“Yeah, and friend.” He pointed to the colt standing next to him, “And he looks just as identical! The Doctor is a legend woven throughout history. When disaster comes, he's there. He brings a storm in his wake. And he has one constant companion...”

She looked up to him from the picture, “W-who's that?”

The colt sighed, “...Death...”

Midnight prodded his foot to the ground. Looking around at the neighborhood. It all just felt too strange to him. He started gaming to try and escape this type of abyss. But here he was sitting in the middle of it now. He sighed lightly and lay down in the grass of Clive's yard.

Something moved beside him. He shot up quickly and looked over, seeing nothing but the bin at the curb. He looked across the street to where he saw the colt with his trash, but nopony was there. Then he saw the bin start to move closer to him. He stood up and walked around the bin, but not seeing any external force.

“Did something get trapped in there?” He said as he lifted the top of the bin. Nothing was in there. He tilted his head and tried to turn around, but the lid seemed to have melted to his hooves. He pulled and pulled, but he couldn't get free. He started to move back slowly, pulling as hard as he could. The bin growled and snapped it's lid back, making Midnight toss up into the air and fall into the garbage can.

“If the Doctor's back, If you've seen him Twilight. Then one thing's for certain, we're all in danger.” Clive looked away and back down to his documents.

Twilight shuddered slightly.

Clive started to put the documents away. “If he's singled you out, the Doctor's making house calls. Then Celestia help you!”

Twilight looked over to him, “But, who is he? Or... Who do you think he is?”

Clive turned to her, “I think he's the same colt... I think he's immortal... I think he's an alien from another world...”

Twilight left the house sighing heavily. “Alright, he is completely insane.” She looked over to Midnight who was sitting on the curb with a huge smiles on his face. “Well, do you want to go get something to eat? I was thinking about getting a pie...”

Midnight stood up, “P-p-pie...”

“Or we could get a sandwich...”

“Pie!” He said as he started to trot off out of the residential area and towards the shopping district, Twilight following close behind him.



“...so I was thinking that I would leave a little after this to get this fabric back to my friend Rarity...” She looked up to Midnight, who was still smiling. “Uh... What do you think?”

His smile disappeared, “So where did you meet this Doctor?”

“I'm sorry... I'm trying not to talk about him too much...”

“Because I Think it was back at the shop, am I right?”

“... I just want to forget about the whole Doctor thing and worry about my friends...”

A colt came up behind Midnight, “Here's your champagne.”

“We didn't order any...” He said, staring hard at Twilight.

“...and I don't even think that he is safe... I think he's dangerous...” Twilight said as she poked at her pie.

The colt came up from behind Twilight this time, “Your champagne miss.”

She shrugged softly, “It isn't ours...”

Midnight leaned in and growled, “I need to find out what he knows, so where is he?”

“Doesn't anypony want this champagne?”

Midnight sighed and looked up, “I... Oh, you!”

Twilight turned around to see the Doctor standing behind her. He started to shake the bottle hard and then pointed at Midnight. “Just wanna toast two amazing friends!” He said as he popped the top.

The cork hit Midnight in the head, but went inside. He swished his mouth a little bit and spit the cork out. “Anyway...” He said as he stood up. His hooves turned into giant hammers and he started to break the table they were at.

Twilight quickly stood up and slammed the fire alarm. “Alright everypony! Fire! Get out now!”

All the ponies got up and started to run out of the front door while the Doctor took a firm hold of Midnight's head, and with a few hard tugs, he removed the head from the body.

Twilight and the Doctor started to run down the back area, the Doctor still holding onto the head, and the body following close behind.

The Doctor opened the back door and closed it quickly after Twilight exited. He took out the small silver device again and made the noise at the door. Twilight ran to a gate, the only exit, but it was locked.

“Doctor! Use that thing on this too! Get us out of here!” Twilight exclaimed.

“Sonic Screwdriver. Tell you what, why don't we pop in here.” He said as he casually trotted into the blue box.

Twilight looked over to the blue box and tilted her head, “No! Why would I want to do that?! It's going to get us! We need to leave now!” She ran back over to the gate and pushed against it. Midnight's body slamming at the door.

Twilight ran over to the box and entered, looking back. “I don't think that this will...” She turned around and saw an unbelievable sight. She ran back outside and looked on either side of the box, running around it like a vulture, trying to figure out what she just saw. She snapped back to reality, hearing the slams on the door behind her, so she ran back in.

“I don't think it's safe here!” Twilight said.

“The hoards of Flankus Khan couldn't get through those doors, and they've tried. So that thing won't be able to either!” The Doctor yelled as he ran around the center of the control panel. “you see, the hoof was too simple, but the head is a whole lot better, I can use it to trace the original source.” He turned to Twilight, “So, where do you want to start?”

Twilight looked around in awe. The magnificent trees of metal and weird looking controls all over. “The...the inside is bigger than the outside?”

“Yes.”

“It's alien...”

“Yup.” The Doctor nodded.

“Are you alien?” Twilight asked, looking back up to him.

The Doctor paused for a moment and the nodded once again, “Yes. Is that alright?”

“Yeah” Twilight said without hesitation.

“It's called a T.A.R.D.I.S. This thing. That's Time And Relative Dimension In Space.”

A tear ran down Twilight's eyes as she knelt down.

“That's alright, culture shock, happens to the best of us.” The Doctor chuckled.

“Did they kill him? Midnight, did they kill him?”

The Doctor paused again, “Oh... I didn't think of that...”

“He's my friend, you pulled off his head! They copied him and you didn't even think?” Twilight said as she slammed her hoof down. “And now you're just going to let him melt?!”

“Melt?” The Doctor turned around quickly, the head that was hooked to a lot of wires slowly melting on the console. “Oh no no no no no!”

He ran over to the console and started pressing switches.

“What are you doing?!” Twilight called out.

“Finding the signal... It's faint!” He said as he pulled down a monitor. “Alright, I got it... No no no no no no no!” He yelled the T.A.R.D.I.S. Moving and shaking around. “Okay... Almost there! Here we go!” The middle of the console wheezing and pumping which all suddenly came to a stop. The Doctor ran down the ramp towards the door.

Twilight turned to him, “Wait! It's not safe out there!” She followed him and saw that they were now in a different place. “We... it can fly?”

“No, it disappears and then reappears, you wouldn't understand.” He kicked up some dirt and tsked.

“If we're somewhere else, what about Midnight's body?”

“Melted with the head. Are you going to witter on all night?” He scoffed as he walked past her.

“I'm going to have to care for his pet...”

The Doctor turned around with a confused look about his face.

“Midnight Spark! Someone needs to take care of his squirrel and you just forgot about him, again!” She cried as she stomped her hooves into the ground. “You were right, you are alien!” She started to walk away.

“Look, if I did forget some filly named Parasprite,”

“He's not a filly!”

“it's because I'm trying to save every stupid pony blundering about on this planet, alright?”

“Alright?!”

“Yes, it is!”

Twilight sighed and looked at the T.A.R.D.I.S. “What's a... Police Public Call Box?”

The Doctor looked over to the top and grinned, “It's a disguise! Switch got stuck a while ago, but I like it!”

“Twilight giggled. “Alright, and this living plastic, what's it got against us?”

“Nothing! It loves you ever since the industrial period! Lots of toxins and dioxins in the air. Perfect, just what the nesting consciousness needs. It's food source was destroyed in the war and all of it's protein packs used up, so Equestria : Dinner.”

“And your way of stopping it?” Twilight walked back over to him.

The Doctor pulled out a vial colored blue, “Anti-Plastic!”

Twilight tilted her head again, “Anti-Pla-”

“ANTI-PLASTIC!” The Doctor said as he wiggled it in her face. “But first I gotta find it! How do you hide something that big in a city this small?”

“Hold on, hide what?”

“The transmitter! The consciousness is controlling every piece of plastic, so it needs a transmitter to boost the signal!”

“What does it look like? Maybe I can help!”

The Doctor started to walk away as he explained, “It looks like a transmitter! Big and round!” He stopped and looked back to Twilight, “Probably completely invisible.”

Twilight was looking past him. The Doctor, looking back at her with a cocked brow.

“What?” He asked.

She just nodded her head, trying to indicate something.

He looked back but didn't see anything but a small fair. “What? What is it?” He asked again.

Twilight giggled and nodded her head again.

The Doctor looked back and saw the gigantic Ferris wheel and looked back at Twilight, “Oh... Fantastic!” He said with a big grin on his face as he started towards the fair, Twilight running along side him.

They ran over near the Ferris wheel and stopped, the Doctor frantically looked for an entrance, Twilight looked over the side and pointed at a small shaft.

“That'll do it!” The Doctor stated as he and Twilight ran down the steps. He opened the hatch and started to climb down. Heat started to billow out. The Doctor looked over to Twilight and waved his hoof over a giant vat underneath them. “May I present, the Nesting Consciousness.”

“Well, throw in the Anti-Plastic and lets go” Twilight said, feeling a chill run down her spine.

The Doctor looked over to her, “I'm not here to kill it, I have to give it a chance!” He started down the stairs to get closer to it, Twilight slowly following behind. He stopped next to the edge and called out, “I seek audience with the Nesting Consciousness, under peaceful contract. According to Convention 15 of the Shadow Proclamation.”

The thing started to move and writhe. Making a terrible noise. Melted plastic bubbling and oozing out of the vat.

The Doctor smiled, “Thank you. May I have permission to approach?”

Before the creature could answer, Twilight looked down and saw Midnight Spark sitting next to an assortment of boxes. She quickly ran down to join him. “Midnight! You're okay!”

Midnight was terrified, he looked up to Twilight as she came down and quickly grabbed ahold of her. “T-that thing down there! It talks!”

The Doctor soon followed down. Twilight looked over at him with a smirk, “I thought you said he was dead!

“Well, there is always a chance that they needed him alive to maintain the copy” He said as he continued down the steps.

“You knew that? Why didn't you tell me?!” Twilight stood up.

He turned away, “Lets keep the domestics outside thank you!” He stopped at a drop off to the vat and looked down. “Am I addressing the consciousness?” Waiting through the monsters gurgles, he smiled, “Thank you. If I might observe, you entered this world with warish ambitions. So I would kindly ask to take your war and go find another place.”

The creature bellowed and screeched. The Doctor shook his head, “Don't tell me that, this is an invasion! Any idiot can see that and I'm no idiot. So don't give me anything about constitutional rights.” Again, it screeched and flailed, slopping more plastic ooze around it. “I am talking!” He yelled, trying to get the attention back on him. “See, this planet has just started. These stupid little ponies have just learned how to walk and they're capable of so much more. So I'm asking you on they're behalf, please, just go.”

Twilight notice that two mannequins came up from behind him. “Doctor!” She cried.

He looked behind him as a doll grabs him. The other doll reaches into his pocket and pulled out the Anti-plastic. The creature screams loudly. “No! That was just insurance! I wasn't going to use it!” It biled and screamed. “I wasn't attacking you! I'm only here to help, I not your enemy! I swear!”

It rose slightly from the vat and screeched some more as it plopped back into it. “What do you mean?!” The Doctor asked. He looked back as a door opened, reveling the T.A.R.D.I.S. “No! No, honestly! No! ...Yes...It's my ship...” He listened to it gurgle some more. “That's not true, I should know! I fought in the war! It wasn't my fault! I couldn't save your world! I couldn't save any of them!”

The creature swayed from side to side. Twilight looked down to the Doctor, “What's it doing?!”

“It's the T.A.R.D.I.S.! It's terrified! It's going to start the invasion! Get out! Take Midnight and get out!” The Doctor yelled as he tried to fight off the mannequins to no avail.

Meanwhile, back in the city. Fire ponies were still looking through the wreckage that the explosion caused. Across the street, Craig and his family were out shopping.

“Oh man,” He said looking through the window at the game store, “I was hoping this place was opened right now...”

His wife was at the next building looking at boots when the doll wearing the boots started to move. “Oh my!” She exclaimed, “I thought it was just a dummy!”

Craig looked over and joined her, watching the doll move. He looked around to see every other doll moving as well. Everypony stopped to see the sight, thinking it was just some kind of marketing ploy. Then a mannequin burst through the glass. The ponies jumped, some of them ran away, but others were awe inspired. Craig walked up to one and looked over it. “It's just like she said...”

The doll lifted a hoof and pointed it at him, the front part falling down on a hinge. Craig looked at and sighed heavily as it fired. His wife started screaming loudly, grabbing her son and daughter and running away as the mannequins started shooting at everypony they got close to.

Twilight grabbed Midnight and tried to go for the stairs, but part of the roof fell and broke them apart. She took him to the T.A.R.D.I.S. But couldn't open the door. “I don't have a key!” She looked down to the Doctor who was trying as hard as he could to reach the Anti-plastic, but the doll wouldn't let him near it. Twilight moved forward a bit and looked around quickly.

Midnight looked up at her. “Twilight! What are you doing?!”

She quickly ran down the walk and kicked open a tied up crate. “I might not be strong, I might not be courageous, but I am magic!” She yelled as she lifted the box off of the walk with her magic and sent it after the doll that was holding the Anti-plastic, sending it falling into the large vat, the Anti-plastic opened, causing the creature to shriek and scream as it died.

The doll that was latched onto the Doctor let go immediately, falling to the ground and twitching slightly. The Doctor quickly ran up to meet up with them. “Good work! But now we need to get out of here because this place is collapsing!”

Midnight was hugging the front of the T.A.R.D.I.S. The Doctor just reached over him and unlocked the door, pushing Midnight in and pulling Twilight with him.

They soon appeared inside of Midnight's shop. Midnight ran out of the blue box and pushed his back against a wall, frightened of the extraordinary of the machine Twilight trotted out and went over to Midnight. The Doctor emerged from the ship.

“Living Plastic, piece of cake!” He said with a smile.

Twilight turned around and scoffed, “You would have died if it wasn't for me!”

He nodded, “You're right. Thank you!” He paused for a moment and cleared his throat. “Right then! I'll be off. Unless... You would like to come with me. This box can go anywhere in the universe! A lot of great sights to see.”

Twilight bit her bottom lip, but then she remembered her mission. “I-I can't I have to get this fabric back to Rarity, then there's Spike, I need to make sure he doesn't get into anymore trouble...”

The doctor nodded, “Alright... See you around...” He turned back into the ship and closed the door. Soon it started to wheeze and sputter as it slowly started to fade out of existence.

Twilight looked down to Midnight and smiled, “Are you alright?”

Midnight nodded and tried to stand, failing each time.

Twilight giggled and started to leave. “I see you later! I'll come by to visit you some time!”

As she left the store, she heard the wheezing sound again. In the street, the box rematerialized. The Doctor emerged from the door. “Did I mention it also travels in time?”

Twilight's eyes lit up. She turned to Midnight with a big smile and then proceeded to run into the T.A.R.D.I.S.

Back in Ponyville, Rarity was busy cleaning up her shop when suddenly Twilight burst in, making Rarity jump. “Honey! Are you alright?! I heard what happened in Manehattan! So terrible! We were all worried-”

Twilight looked over to her and tossed the fabric on the table, “HereyougoIgottagoseeyoulater!” She managed without a breath as she left back out of the door and back to adventure.

Converting /tmp/php7zdVoy to /dev/stdout