Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Kouja no Senshi Season 1 OAV 1: 6 Days a Death ❯ A Captive & 2 Deaths ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kouja no Senshi
OAV 1: 6 Days a Death
Act 3: A Captive & 2 Deaths

(OP: Moonlight Densetsu by DALI)

Narrator: Previously on Kouja no Senshi OAV...

Alicia: Looks like we're loose again. Can you walk?

Sabrina: I don't know...

She stood up a bit, then tried to keep herself balanced.

Sabrina: Uh, just about. My leg's hurting alot.

Alicia: How much do you remember?

Sabrina: Okay, look, I'm just an inspector...a council inspector. I was sent here to run an inspection on the building. Then Luthor, I believe, upstairs pushed me down the elevator shaft, then I woke up here. I just want to know what in Hell is going on here.

Alicia: You fell to the very bottom of the shaft. You are now within an underground laboratory complex.

Sabrina: What do uh...I forget the cult name...oh yeah, optimologists need it for?!

Alicia: Optimology is a front. A moneymaking crowd-pleasing phony to disguise the true organization.

Sabrina: Organization?

Alicia: It's a cult actually. They call themselves the Order of the Devil King. Bunch of freaky freaks who worship some time devouring god.

Maz: You're not one of the cultists?

Sabrina: (frowns) No. I obviously am not one since one of those jerks pushed me down an elevator shaft. Dr. Trisky send me to find you.

Maz: Oh, you have met Alicia, I see. The both of us were held hostages by the mad cult for a week or so! We managed to get out of the cell this morning...

Sabrina: Yeah, I believed Alicia told me about that already. She said that you may have got your hands on some weapons, I believe.

Maz: (realized) Oh yeah. Here.

Maz walks over to Sabrina and gave the Gym Leader some guns.

Maz: (worried) Please tell me that you also came from the outside. Is someone being send to help us???

Sabrina: Not sure.

Voice: Hold it!

Sabrina and Alicia looks shocked as they saw the same girl pointing a gun at the two. Alicia frowned at her.

Alicia: I don't believe this!

Cyrus chuckled as he stood next to the girl.

Cyrus: You never understood, did you, Trisky. There's no point in resisting us. We have God on our side.

Sabrina: (surprised) Sweet Zombie Jesus, what's going on?

Cyrus: Take them to the holding cell. I'll make sure that-

Just then, in a flash, a familiar figure, though with her eyes still in the shadow, knocked the two out.

Alicia: Huh?

Sabrina: What the-!?

The woman in a similar uniform as the girl, only with black skirt, boots, no sleeves on the upper uniform, and a long staff looked at the two females.

Alicia: Who are-

Woman: I am only known as the Guardian of Time. I am the guide. (looks at them) They are only unconscious and will awaken soon.

She then pointed to the room.

Guardian: Go to the sleeping quarters and seal yourselves in. It is not wise to roam this place at night.

Alicia: Who are you?

Guardian: A friend. Now go.

Sabrina: (goes near her) Wait.

Just then, as if by magic, she vanished.

----------------------------------------------------------------

That morning, Sabrina awoke before Alicia noticed.

Alicia: Ah, good. You're awake...time we get back to the plan.

Sabrina: Plan?

Alicia: The door is unlocked now. Now that's the case, we will begin the progress of taking Cyrus hostage.

Sabrina: But we try that before, didn't we?

Alicia: Well, we can always try again, won't we? I took a look outside. The Sailor Moon lookalike is guarding the door right now. Your job is to lure her away somehow.

Sabrina: (shocked) Why me?!

Alicia: In order to get Cyrus under control, we must use threat of physical violence. Since you can't make the threat in your condition, I will have to do it. Lure the guard away from the guard and I will try to sneak into the office.

Sabrina: How would I let you know when the coast is clear?

Alicia: Do you got a cellphone?

Sabrina: Sure. I always keep it on me whenever I'm on business trips away, when I'm not in Gym Leader duty. I'm lucky it didn't break when I fell.

She was then given the number.

Alicia: Take my number. We may not be able to call outside but we can still keep in touch in the complex. Once you got your goal done hopefully, or if you got any questions, call me.

Sabrina: Right.

Alicia: Let me give you the Maz's number as well. There's probably many questions you still wanted to ask.

Sabrina: Speaking of Maz, where is he?

Alicia: He's in the kitchen in the other door. Now get moving.

Sabrina nodded, then saw a safe nearby. She went over and took a piece of paper on it which she added to her journal.

Sabrina: (reading) How to open a safe: you just only had to ask. (normal) Weird.

Sabrina tries to open the safe, but it won't open. She tried a combination and come up with...open. The thing soon opened up.

Sabrina: That's the oddest combination I have ever seen. Hey, there's a keycard in here. I will take it for later.

Sabrina takes the keycard, then sees a book nearby. Going over to it, he takes it and add it to his journal.

Sabrina: (reading) 1. Twice did the twenty-eighth day of the seventh month pass, and the Duke watch with great concern upon the land of Technology as the carving of the Slave goes through the hands of many various ignorant men of Technology, yet the Devil King refuse to let him take his vengeance.

2. For he said, "The Guide seeks the carving of the Slave, and it is through this desire she shall fulfill her destiny. Soon the Guide will learn that her duty has not been completed, and then she shall do as I have foreseen.

3. And the Devil King said it, so was it so. For the Bridgekeeper did touch one of the ignorant Men and by their conjoined hands was the Thief-Wife thrown down, and truly did she know the name of the Devil King.

4. And with this act, the Guide said "I see you now, Bridgekeeper; I have found you, and I have not forgotten." And she came to the tree that was the Duke's Soul, for it was here that the carving of the Slave had been brought.

That only made her confused.

Sabrina: "Guide"? "Thief-Wife"? Man, I'm confused.

Sabrina entered the kitchen and finds the Maz in there.

Sabrina: Maz!

Maz turned to her.

Sabrina: Are you doing okay?

Maz: (sighs) I wish I was. The truth is, I am getting freaked out by this.

Sabrina: Listen, Dr. Trisky and I made a new plan to get us all out of here. We may need your help.

Maz: (concerned) I don't think I should. I may run into...him again!

Sabrina: Who is it you are scared of?

Maz: I...I don't think I want to talk about it. I'm sorry.

Sabrina: It's okay. It's all right. Listen, can you tell me about Sailor Moon?

Maz: (smiles) Oh, Sailor Moon? Of course! She's the Sailor Soldier of justice and a beautiful heroine. She believed in peaceful ways and had the most beautiful crystal she carried.

Sabrina: Nice.

Maz: She's part of a group called the Kouja no Senshi, a group of heroes and Sailor Soldiers. Rumor is that she was the long lost princess of the moon. They helped saved the Earth in the past against the forces of evil, be it the Teknophage demon guy or anyone with evil intentions. Anyway, there's supposed to be TV shows and films, especially the ones I mentioned yesterday made about them and they are supposed to be fictional. But you know what? I found out otherwise. Here.

Sabrina took a newspaper clipping from the Maz and read it.

Sabrina: (reading) "These Saviors called the Kouja no Senshi have rescued the citizens of Dillydale, though many other humans are presumed missing. However, there are claims that the ones that could not be found were killed secretly and their bodies destroyed to remove evidence. Commander Feral, who was at the city that day, made no comment. However, they had found the missing boy from Townsville named Michael. These heroes and heroines should prove that they deserve a medal of honor each."

Sabrina looked at the picture of the gang together with Sailor Moon smiling.

Sabrina: So this is Sailor Moon. I wonder why Sailor V was not mentioned?

Maz: Yeah, I know what you mean.

Sabrina: Well, listen. I gotta go. You sure you don't wanna go?

Maz: (sighs) Yes.

Sabrina: Okay, see ya.

Maz: Wait, before you go, I want you to ask you: What Pokemon do you have?

Sabrina: The usual: My Abra, Hypno, Epseon, Gardevoir, and Chimecho...however, I only brought Abra with me.

She took out a Pokeball, then out came a squinty eye yellow creature.

Creature: Abra.

Maz: (grins) Wow, cool Pokemon.

Sabrina: Abra can probably help out a bit...hopefully.

Maz: Hey, when the time comes...maybe we should try battling together.

Sabrina: (smiles) Of course. Come on, Abra.

Abra: (nods) Abra.

With that, the Gym Leader and her Pokemon left Maz alone, though not before Abra took a piece of paper.

Maz: (sighs) Please be careful...

As they began to head out, Sabrina looked concerned at the paper.

Sabrina: What do you have? (reads) "Book of Prayers, 2:7. The Boyd is the physical form, it is the sum of what time has made it to be, and so it is of the Past. The Mind is sharp and logical, it concerns itself with the here and now, and so it is of the Present. The Soul is love and hope, it is the dreams of what is to come, and so it is of the Future. Body, Mind, Soul. Past, Present, Future. We give thanks for them all in the name of the Devil King."

A bit later, Sabrina came out of the area before the familiar figure noticed her.

Sailor Moon: Hey, hold it right there!

The girl and Pokemon noticed before they got into the door. As they did, the blond girl arrived before she gasped, noticing the corpse.

Sailor Moon: Hey, wait! (points to the corpse) What the hell is that?

The girl noticed the corpse as she and Abra yelped.

Sabrina: What is-

Before either could finish, a familiar figure appeared, walking toward Sailor Moon. He came to her as she gasped, speaking.

Sailor Moon: ...the hotel...

Just then, she was grabbed by the neck.

Sabrina: Oh no! Let us out!

Abra: Abra!

Then, in an instant, both Sabrina and Abra teleported out of the room, just as splashing and crushing was heard. The two reappeared in the room she had first awoke in.

Sabrina: Is she...?

She then reentered the room before noticing not only the two with the corpse gone, but also blood on the floor.

Sabrina: Oh no...blood. (to herself) She must've gotten killed...poor girl.

She then dialed the cell phone before she spoke.

Sabrian: Hello, Dr. Trisky?

I got the guard away.

Alicia's Voice: All right! Meet me outside the office, okay?

Sabrina: Sure. (hangs up) She won't like what she'll hear from me.

Abra: (nods) Abra.

As soon as they stepped out of the room, there was a brief flash of bloody wall and other such dangerous things before the two yelped.

Sabrina: What was that?

She went over to where Alicia was waiting before speaking.

Alicia: So, you ready?

Sabrina: Sure, as I'll ever be.

Alicia: Let's do this then.

Sabrina: By the way...(sadly) the guard's dead. She's dead because of me.

Alicia: You killed her?

Sabrina: Abra and I led her to the monster and I think it tore her to shreds.

Alicia: It couldn't be helped.

Sabrina: (saddened) A girl, let alone a teenager, died because of my actions.

Alicia: You mustn't agonize over every little thing. If you did, you'd go insane.

Sabrina: You call that little!?

Alicia: No, I wouldn't. Anyway, we're wasting time. (takes the gun out) Let's go.

The two went inside. Back inside the room, Alicia points her gun at the glaring Cyrus.

Cyrus: This again, Dr. Trisky? You should be tired of this by now.

Alicia: I will never be tired, jerk. And your pet guard won't be here to save your butt this time, Cyrus!

Cyrus: (chuckles) My pet? Surely you should know that she is much of your pet as of mine.

Alicia: (angry mark) Shut up!

Sabrina: And don't call her Shirley!

Cyrus: Tell me, Gym Leader, did she tell you what work she has been doing for us?

Abra: Abra?

Sabrina: (confused) Well...

Alicia: I said shut up! Get moving. Don't try anything or you will get a bullet in your leg that will help you move!

In a cell area, Cyrus was forced into a cell that has a window to peek out of as well as a door.

Alicia: Go on in!

Cyrus went into the cell while Alicia closes the door after him. Once he locks it, she and Sabrina goes over to the window just as the cultist looks out of it.

Alicia: All right, Cyrus. You are at our mercy now and you will tell us exactly what we need to know, got it? First and foremost, how do we call the elevator?

Cyrus: (smirks evilly) You don't. The one in the main corridor can only be called from an upper floor by a high-ranking member of the cult. May as well get used to each other while we can, my dear.

Alicia: There has got to be another way up and out!

Cyrus: Actually I do know of another way and it's in the Hub. The thing is, you got to get by the security locks to open the blast doors and I have no knowledge on how to do so.

Alicia: (narrows) Oh we will. You're going to tell us how!

Cyrus: (laughing) Oh, I see where this is going. You're planning on doing what they do in action movies, are you? Like torture me, perhaps? You think that I, a member of the Order of the Devil King, be scared of pain? I feed on it! I have done worst things to myself that you could dream of!

Sabrina: (disgusted) Honestly, I do not want to know what those things are.

Alicia: (frowns) Hmph!

Sabrina: So what now?

Alicia: We will have to find a way to open the Hub security door ourselves then. We should figure something out.

Alicia headed to the door, then stopped to look at Sabrina.

Alicia: If you got any questions for the prisoner, feel free to say so. Maybe his knowledge may help you a bit.

Alicia then leaves the room. Sabrina watch her go until Cyrus spoke up.

Cyrus: You don't trust her, do you?

Sabrina: She saved my life.

Abra: Abra, Abra.

Cyrus: Yet you don't trust her, either of you. I don't need to be psychic to tell that you're wondering what she could be hiding.

Sabrina: turns to Cyrus looking annoyed.

Sabrina: Quiet!

Cyrus: (shrugs) For a Gym Leader, you understand so little.

Sabrina: You have failed, old man. We're freed while you're locked up in this cell!

Cyrus: I wouldn't count your Pokemon before they hatch out of their eggs yet, my dear. Even if I were to fall, more will take my place.

Sabrina: Like you guard? Sorry to break this to you but she's dead.

Cyrus: Is that so?

Sabrina: (frowns) Doesn't that even bother you at all?

Cyrus: Should it have?

Sabrina: Don't you understand the situation at all?!

Cyrus: Obviously I do but obviously you do not.

Abra: Abra?

Cyrus: If you have, you would have seen that the guard's condition may not be as permanent as you could think it to be.

Sabrina: Your Order has abandoned you! The complex is completely evacuated and so is the building on the surface as well!

Cyrus: (scoffs) Rubbish. The facility was too expensive to simply abandon as soon as work is done. My brethren will return.

Sabrina: Okay...what's the deal with this cult?

Abra: Abra, Abra, Abra.

Cyrus: Deal? The 'deal' is that the Order of the Devil King has existed for centuries. We believe that the true way of purification, which is though suffering! We practice our suffering on the Mind, Body, and Soul, to get rid of our sins. Plus, one day...

Sabrina: One day what?

Cyrus: (pause)...nothing.

Sabrina: (narrows) Is this some agenda you got going here? Is this what this all about, like trying to take over the world like the other evil teams of years past?

Cyrus: I said nothing and besides, even our Order are far more better than that of Team Rocket, Team Aqua, Team Magma, Team Galacti, and those other so called powerful teams.

Sabrina: So what's this Order of the Devil all about?

Cyrus: (curiously) Why? Want to join? The way you look and the way you control your Pokemon, you look like someone who could be right as a member.

Abra: Abra!

Sabrina: (annoyed) Just tell me!

Cyrus: Very well then, for an individual to be fully purified, all three aspects of themselves must experienced major Tortures. The Torture of the Body, physically pain, beating, burning and cutting. The Torture of the Mind, boredom, fear and insanity. And finally the Torture of the Soul, which is more refined. It involves destroying someone or something that the subject loves utterly and relies on emotionally.

Sabrina: (shocked) So you do this over and over again?! You cultists are sick!

Cyrus: Actually, the Soul part can only be experienced once. Other than that though, you are indeed correct.

Sabrina: Crazy!

Cyrus: In your POV, my dear, but do you know the same peace I do? The same utter contentment that comes with the knowledge that you are of absolute purity?!

Sabrina: Enough. I don't even want to talk of this anymore! Change of subject, why are we held here?

Cyrus: Surely that should be obvious. You are held to keep the secret of the complex that exists.

Sabrina: You shoulda just kill us. And stop calling me Shirley!

Cyrus: I didn't and I coulda kill you all if I have gotten the order. But I didn't so I won't.

Sabrina: So what do you want from us?

Cyrus: (chucking) Oh my superiors know, my dear, and soon they will let me know as well.

Sabrina: Ugh. So what work was Dr. Trisky doing for you?

Cyrus: Did you not ask her yet?

Sabrina: (sighs) I try but she won't tell me.

Cyrus: And what makes you think I would? Sadly, this is one thing you must see for yourself. I do not want to ruin the surprise now, would I?

Abra: (frowns) Abra, Abra, Abra.

Sabrina: So who is that man in black?

Cyrus: (interested) Man in black?

Sabrina: Yeah, the man in black who has a white mask?

Cyrus: (smirks) So...you have met the Duke. You should consider yourself lucky. Only a lucky few outside the cult have ever met him.

Sabrina: (shocked) That man is the Duke? What the hell is he?!

Cyrus: I refuse to spill the secrets of Order to an outsider. Even if that weren't the case, only a few acolytes knew of the secrets known by the Duke. Beyond that, there is nothing else to say about him. And even the highest ranking members known only slightly more than I do.

Sabrina: Who is that woman? The one who is dressed like Sailor Moon?

Cyrus: (puzzled) Who are you talking about?

Sabrina: I saw a woman dressed in a Sailor Scout outfit helping us get away from you and that guard earlier. I think she wears the same outfit like your guard. Was this woman a member of your group or something?

Cyrus: I do not recall knowing any members that match that description. Even so, the guard that you have mentioned before is all we have in this place.

Sabrina finish the conversion and finds a note tape to the cell and put it in her journal.

Sabrina: (reading note) "Cyrus - Make sure that the prisoners remained in the holding cell for at least six days. After that it will not matter anymore. DO NOT fail, Cyrus. This is your chance to redeem yourself for the crime of allowing the Ichigouchi man to explore the complex unsupervised".

Sabrina sighs as she and Abra leaves the holding cell room. A bit later, Sabrina, curious, went into Cyrus's office before looking at something in the computer.

Sabrina: Hmmm, looks like Cyrus left something on the computer. (looks closer) Let see...I'll probably release the level 1 security.

She then picked up some paper that had been stapled together.

Sabrina: Hmmm...the staples could come in handy.

She took out the staples, although the paper all fell to the ground.

Sabrina: Oops. Oh well, clean it up later.

Abra: (nods) Abra.

As she was outside and heading out, she noticed some faint areas of blood appearing.

Sabrina: Weird...what's going on?

A bit more later, she was in the security area.

Sabrina: Hey, there's the thing where I can probably monitor stuff. (taps the keys) Let's see...Change camera 4, review input and...

She then realized before noticing the numbers, then taking out the glass.

Sabrina: That's it! I can make out the numbers on the notepad! (writing it down) 1-2-3-4-5. (frowns) That has got to be the stupidest combination I have ever heard of! I mean an idiot would have that for a luggage combination!

Abra nodded as she placed it up.

Sabrina: Maybe it's the number for that passcode on that door.

A bit later, Sabrina met up with Alicia.

Alicia: Okay, did you get what you need?

Sabrina: Yeah, I think so.

He tapped in the numbers.

Sabrina: 1-2-3-4-5.

Alicia: Oh my goodness, that's the same numbers I have in my luggage combination.

Abra: (groans) Abra...

Then, the wheels on the walls were released.

Alicia: Good work, Sabrina. Surely, I wouldn't have thought a good Gym Leader would have a good head on her shoulders, uh metaphorically speaking.

Sabrina: It's okay. (annoyed) And please stop calling me Shirley.

Alicia: Okay, we gotta turn both wheels at the same time. Can you manage?

Sabrina: (tries moving the arm) No, not really.

Alicia: I see, then we're gonna need another pair of hands.

Sabrina: (takes out the cell phone) Leave it to me, I guess.

She then dialed it before speaking.

Sabrina: Hey, Maz?

Maz's Voice: Yeah?

Sabrina: We need your help to open the hub.

Maz's Voice: Oh, I don't think I could.

Sabrina: You have to, Maz. You're the only one who can help. We just need to open the door and get out of there.

Maz's Voice: I know, but, what if I run into that girl?

Sabrina: Listen, there's no one else around. Cyrus's in the cell and the guard...his guard's dead.

Maz's Voice: Dead?

Sabrina: Aside from us and my Abra, nothing else is moving. Come on, this is our only place to escape.

Maz's Voice: O-okay. I'll be there soon.

She then noticed Abra missing.

Sabrina: Hmmm, I wonder where Abra went off to?

Alicia: (to herself) First thing when I get out is change the combination to my luggage.

Later, Maz had arrived before Alicia spoke.

Alicia: Ready?

Maz: Let's get the hell out of here.

Alicia: All right, go.

The two turned the wheels before the door opened up.

Sabrina: Doesn't look like an elevator to me.

Maz: I don't see anything.

Alicia: Wait here. I'll check it out.

She then entered the door. When she was gone, Sabrina looked at Maz.

Sabrina: Do you trust her?

Maz: Do you?

Sabrina: I would if she gave me a reason to.

Maz: I know what you mean, but right now, she seems like our best hope of getting out of here.

Sabrina: Yeah, but even so, there's got to be a reason why she doesn't want us to know about her work and I'm not sure we should trust her to go in there alone.

Maz: Hey, after you, bud.

He then prepared to head on in there. Unknown to him, a sound of something being unsheathed was heard.

Sabrina: Hey, wait up, Alicia.

Just then, as Sabrina was about to head in, she saw a familiar figure, looking unfazed for a moment.

Sabrina: Dr. Trisky?

Just then, blood came gushing out before they saw the body fall on the floor.

Sabrina & Maz: Oh no!

Back in the medical room, Sabrina and Maz looked down as they looked at the covered body.

Maz: Well, aren't you going to say something?

Sabrina: I don't know what to say.

Maz: (fearfully) I can. We're gonna die in this bloody hell of a place!

Sabrina: Hey, don't say that. We're not going to die. If we can get back into the Hub...

Maz: You don't get it! He won't...he won't let us out! He won't let me out! You have to stop him!

Sabrina: (confused) What are you talking about?

Maz: I see...you. I see what you are. You're the one who did this to me!

Sabrina: Hey, I didn't do anything to you.

Maz: Why won't you stop him!? How many times do you have to kill him?!

Sabrina: Maz, you're not making any sense! You're mistaking me for someone else.

Maz: ...Sabrina.

Sabrina: Well, what is it?

Maz: (worried) I'm sorry...I have to go. (runs) Leave me alone!

Sabrina: Maz, wait!

Just as he was out the door, a familiar figure with a familiar Pokemon holding some Pokeballs appeared.

Sabrina: Abra! Where were you?

Then, the Pokeballs activated, releasing some familiar Pokemon.

Sabrina: Oh...my Pokemon...thank goodness, but how?

Guardian: I wouldn't go out there if I were you. Night has fallen. The Duke is on patrol.

Sabrina: What about Maz?!

Guardian: He is in no danger. At least, not from him. Remain here until morning.

Sabrina: Tell me who you are. Are you with the cult?

Guardian: My identity is meaningless. I am just an avatar. And I have no allegiances.

Sabrina: If you're not with the cult, then help us escape from here. It'll go badly for you if you don't. There's going to be some serious police action after this, I promise you.

Guardian: I cannot do that.

Sabrina: (angrily) Oh, for the love of-why not?!

Guardian: As Clockwork would say: that's not how it goes.

Sabrina: Oh, give me strength.

Guardian: (seriously) You seem very confident that you will escape from this place.

Sabrina: Of course I am.

Guardian: Why?

Sabrina: Because, if I wasn't, I'd go insane.

Guardian: Why resist?

She then vanished as Sabrina shouted.

Sabrina: Screw you, whoever you are!

Sabrina sighed, going out the door before seemingly starting to fall asleep, much to the Pokemon's concern.

(Dream Sequence)

When Sabrina came out, she noticed the real and other world shifting to one another.

Sabrina: What's happening?

She came out and looked around.

Sabrina: (looks around) Maz! Can you hear me?!

Whispers were heard as a familiar person, though uninjured came to him.

Sabrina: (notices) Huh?

She yelped as she noticed the copy of herself.

Copy: Who the hell do you think you are?

Sabrina: Oh god! Stop this!

Copy: Stop what? You're the one pretending to be me.

Sabrina: SHUT THE HELL UP!

She then grabbed the copy by the neck before she started to shift into a familiar creature, laughing wickedly to the copy, who was Sabrina.

(End Dream Sequence)

In reality, Sabrina was still sleeping with the Pokemon (who were sleeping with her), Guardian, and seven other figures watching.

Guardian: Sleep.

Figure 1: It would seem the time will soon come...

(ED: Friends by Yawmin)