Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Kouja no Senshi Season 1 Special 1: 5 Days a Matthews ❯ Day Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Day Two

French Narrator: Day Two.

(Dream Sequence)

That morning, Serena looked around the place.

Serena: Where are those people anyway?

Just then, she heard splashing noises.

Serena: What was that noise?

She got to the room with the main door. To her horror, it was some familiar figures.

Serena: NOOOO!! My friends...the new people I never met before...(gasps) Even Alan! Oh God! Who did this!?

The door opened up as she gasped, noticing a figure with a hockey mask and robe on.

Serena: Who...who are you? Did you do this?

She gasped as she saw the weapon on its hand while backing away.

Serena: No! Stay back! I'm warning you!

Then, the figure removed the mask, revealing an evil Serena's face.

Serena: Oh no...you...you look like-

Just then, she screamed as the killer look-alike charged. Then, blood splattered on the black screen.

(End Dream Sequence)

The heroes tried nudging her.

Sailors: Sailor Moon!

She gasped, panting with fear. She got up as she looked concerned.

Sailor Moon: Oh gosh...I've never dreamed so vividly before...It was so disturbing...

Sam: Even more disturbing than when you visited Kalighoul?

Sailor Moon: Yes.

Max: Oh, do they have various torture devices?

Sailor Tokyo: Yes...and there were people worshipping him like a god and people dying. It was horrible!

Sakura: Whatever the case, let's go find the others.

The group headed out. In the dining room, the group looked confused as Michael was once more trying to use crack.

Naruto: Uh, Michael?

He yelped, quickly hiding the stuff before chuckling nervously.

Michael: Oh hi, guys.

Naruto: How are you feeling?

Michael: Okay, I guess. I had this really horrible dream...uh...but you probably don't want to hear it.

The group looked a bit concerned.

Sailor Mercury: You're taking this imprisonment thing well, I have to say.

Gomamon: Yeah, at least it beats being trapped in a building with Myotismon back then.

Davis: Don't remind me.

Michael: It's not that different from a private boarding school, really, except there's no one to hit you across the knuckles when you talk too much at night.

Sailor Avalon: Reminds me of the Chatterboxes in the book I have.

Artemis: Uh, have you seen BJ around anywhere? Or Jack with Wuya and Drakken with Shego? Or Snake and those mysterious people for that matter?

Michael: Not since yesterday. BJ seemed pretty anxious about something.

Luna: Did he say why?

Michael: No, just said something about "getting to the bottom of all of this".

Max: Why do I find that as a cliche?

Michael: Then he left the room and I never saw him again.

Sailor Mars: Hmmm...

Izzy: (notices) I see you're reading a book. Mind telling us what you're reading?

Michael: Treasure Island.

Courage: Didn't the Muppets made a movie about it one time?

Michael: I found it in the living room.

Sailor Kamino: How are you liking it?

Michael: Well, it's a bit heavy going. I think I prefer Terry Protchett.

Jackie: Who?

Max: Hey, who can not like Treasure Island? I mean with all the different versions, including one with all animals and the other one called Treasure Planet?

Joe: Uh, that's all we wanted to know, Michael.

Michael: Okay, guys.

Tentomon: Oh, and word of advice, if you are actually doing drugs, stop doing them before it causes trouble.

June: I have an idea. Why don't the males go ask Leon and we'll ask Lee.

Delete: Uh, okay, June. Maybe we'll find them here.

With that, the group headed off to two separate directions: the males went off to the outside area and the females headed to the stairs.

Sailor Terra: I just hope Snake's okay.

Betty: Uh, why do you care for Snake? I mean he is part of a gang, you know.

Sailor Terra: He may be a yes man type, but once you get to know him, he's actually quite nice.

The females sighed a bit.

Yolei: (to herself) That's what I see in Ken sometimes, too...

Outside, at the yard, Leon was using a metal detector before the males came to him.

Cody: Uh, Mr. Trisky?

Fred: Hey Leo!

Leon: (annoyed) Don't call me that! (notices) Well, well, look who's up.

Gomamon: (grins) How are you doing?

Leon: Oh I'm just fine. And when I find the way out, I'll be even better.

Max: By the way, don't try going over with a human pyramid. There's an invisible barrier blocking our way out.

Sam: (notices) Are you the one who dug up half the lawn? Because believe me, you're a lousy mower.

Max: You gotta poison it to get the crab grass out.

Leon: (annoyed) I know how to cut grass and of course I did that! I was trying to dig my way out of this place, but the ground gets really solid 2 feet down and the walls foundation go even further.

Agumon: That would explain the holes near the walls.

Gabumon: What about the others?

Leon: (sighs) Alright, I was looking for treasure. Happy now? You want some kind of medal?

Matt: Just professional interest, you understand.

Maximus: Treasure!? There's treasure here and you're not telling us this!?

Minimus: Oh my goodness!

Matt Ishida: Any luck?

Leon: With treasure? Only these worthless cards.

He tossed them to the group.

Digit: Hey...these cards remind me of something...but what?

Leon: However, I found some kind of pipeline running under the lawn, but not much else other than those things.

Wormmon: (notices) So what are you doing with that metal detector?

Leon: It's actually part of the plan to get out of here.

Patamon: Oh that's a relief.

Leon: I've heard there's some kind of family tomb buried somewhere under the grounds. If I can find it, there might be another way to the surface.

Sasuke: And I presume that any vauluables from the family they have down there would be an unexpected bonus, right?

Leon: (shrugs) Hey, judge not lest ye be judged yourself.

Max: (pauses) I don't get it.

Sam: Neither do I.

Leon: Besides, that fox with you's a burglar for Pete sake!

Swiper: Last time, I'm not a burglar!

Jake: At least we have a sense of priorities, dawg.

Leon: Well, when you've found an escape route and saved us all, I'll be sure to apologize profusely.

Danny: How do you know the tomb's there?

Leon: I don't. That's what the metal detector's for.

Tai: How do you know there's anything to detect?

Joe: It's probably all stone and dusty corpses.

Leon: You'd be surprised how much metal can be found in a tomb. Belt buckles, coffin handles, candlesticks...

Dil: Gold, silverware...

Leon: (glares) Implying something?

Dil: Of course not.

Tommy: Listen, the tomb could be on the other side of the grounds for all we know.

Leon: Sure, but this is a good place as any to start. And until I see some compelling evidence for its location, I'll continue my systematic sweep.

Max: Oh, can we help you out here? I bet the girls are getting the proof we need.

Leon: Sure you can help look around here, but remember, we can't dig over 2 feet.

Sam: You'd be amazed on how much crap Max can find over here.

Max: Yeah! Just watch!

He then began digging with his teeth.

Leon: (sweatdrops) I don't wanna know.

Brick: This is stupid.

Boomer: I wonder what the girls are doing?

Butch: More importantly, where are that reptile and those sissy villains at anyway?

Back inside the mansion somewhere, Alan sighs as he looks at a picture.

Alan: Cree...someday, I will find you again.

Phage: May I ask what you are looking at?

Alan: (puts away picture) Just a picture of someone I knew a long time ago. That's all.

Phage: Hmmm...

Meanwhile, Snake finds himself in the library that is somehow became accessible. Lee is in there looking at some books. The Gang Greene member himself found one which he looks at.

Snake: (reading) Hmmm...a map. Of what?

Snake takes a look into it, seeing a diagram of the Matthew sground.

Snake: Ah, yesss. Looks like sssome sssort of tomb is in the front yard. (notices) Wait a moment...something is missssssssing, or to be precissse. I don't recall ssseeing that room in the mansssion.

Snake leaves the room then suddenly...

Phage: (in Snake's mind) Sanford...

Snake: Huh? Phage? Where are you???

Phage: (in Snake's mind) Listen carefully, you will find out more about this whole mystery in the pool...

Snake: The pool? Phage? (pause) Crap. I hate it when he leavesss me in the dark.

Danny: (appearing) Snake!

Snake: Gah! Don't do that!

Danny: Sorry but we are all looking for ya. Did you find anything?

Snake: Well, jussst this map.

Danny: Great. Get it to the others. We gotta take a look at it.

Snake: (thinking) But what does Phage mean 'find out more about this mystery in the pool'?

The girls passed by, not noticing what the others were doing before Sakura noticed the magazine.

Sakura: Look!

Sora Takenouchi: (reads) "The Mystery of Matthews Mansion. Matthews Mansion, one of the country's more notorious stately homes, is renowned for being a great source of untold wealth, but what is the curse that surrounds the creaking house?"

Mimi: Oh my goodness!

Sora: (continuing) "The mansion was built in the early 21st century by the legendary explorer, Lawrence Matthews, in celebration of his retirement and marriage. His wife, Isabelle, disappeared along with Nalan, her only son on the fifteenth year anniversary of Lawrence's sudden death. After that, the house fell into the possession of a succession of heirs, most of whom died or disappeared in mysterious circumstances."

Yolei: That's not good.

Sora: "The house was left abandoned after the last heir was thought to have died in 199X, until the recent appearance of Irving LaBouche, who managed to prove his connections to the lineage and inherit the house." Now that's weird.

Palmon: Tell me about it.

Angelica: Yeah, I checked the true linage. The only people that actually exist in the real Matthews & LaBouche time frames in this century were Alan and his stupid parents. Also, I checked Sir Irving's profile. There's no such person! He faked being the heir to the LaBouche line to probably steal the house.

Susie: (rolls eyes) Angelica.

Lee: Can you keep it down? I'm trying to concentrate on books here.

Girls: Sorry.

Sailor Moon: Well, we better head off and find the others.

A bit later, the group reunited as Sailor Kamino looked concerned.

Sailor Kamino: So...where were you all this time?

Sailor Venus: We've looked all over for you.

Ling Ling: Not very nice.

Snake, ignoring the question, gave Leon the map.

Snake: I don't know if you know me, but I found thisss old map in the library.

Leon: Oh, did you.

Snake: Take a look.

The group looked at the map with Izzy grinning.

Izzy: Apparently, the tomb is definitely under the front yard.

Leon: But...this is the back yard. There's no way into the front yard.

Butch: Sucks to be you, huh?

Max: Second!

Leon: (sighs) Well, that's another escape plan out the window. Thanks a bunch, friends.

All: No problem.

Nemesis: Now can we borrow the metal detector?

Leon: Why the hell not?! Take away my hopes, might as well take away my only worldly possession, too. Have fun with it.

They were given the detector.

Tentomon: Thank you.

Leon: Now if you'll excuse me.

He then left while Sailor Mercury tapped on her mini computer.

Sailor Mercury: Now, if we can track where the pipeline leads with the metal detector...

The group followed the beeping sound before they stopped near one of the dug holes.

Izzy: Prodigeous! The line ends here.

Brick then looked in the hole, taking something out.

Brick: Well, well, what do we got here? I guess that jerk's laborings must've covered it up.

Sailor Vegeta: Cover what up?

He turned the knob before they heard draining.

Boomer: I hear draining.

Sailor Corusant: Come on, let's take a look.

They flew over to the area as Snake realized.

Snake: By the pool! That'sss it!

He jumped down to the bottom of the pool.

Joe: Hey, wait up!

They followed after him. However, when they all got to the bottom of the pool, many of them looked terrified.

Sailor Tokyo: AHHHH!!

Mimi: What the heck!?

Sailor Moon: Oh...God...

The body was examined as they saw a slit on the corpse's throat.

Jackie: This is definitely the man we met on the landing, I bet BJ.

Matt: Looks like someone tied him to an iron hook at the bottom of the pool, but I think he was dead before then.

Snake looked a bit more fearful when he saw it.

Tai: His throat's been split open by some large edge weapon!

Sora Takenouchi: Oh god, the stench!

Biyomon: Oh man...

Swiper: That's my line!

Sailor Mars: We have to find the others!

Quickly, they got out of the pool.

Snake: (to himself) Wasss...wasss this what you were talking about?

Unknown to the group, Phage, Katz, and Mirage were watching from nearby.

Katz: Why in blazes did you have them check out the pool?

Phage: Do you wish to get out of this place faster?

Katz: Well, yes.

Phage: Precisely. That body will lean the ones one step closer to finding out the evil lurking in this mansion.

Mirage: The one Alan spoke of?

Phage: Precisely.

Back in the main room...

Lee: Dead? How?

Sailor Moon: I don't know. He was just murdered. He was stabbed to death, then tied to the bottom of the pool.

Lee: (gasps) Oh my God!

Leon: You know what that means, don't you? We're the only ones in this house. The killer has to be one of us!

Armadillomon: Not necessarily.

Swiper: I don't think any of us could engineer-

He then pointed accusingly to Swiper.

Leon: Shut up! It was you, wasn't it? You killed BJ and you're covering your tracks!

Lee: Leon, you're being ridiculous.

Susie: Yeah, calm down, you freak.

Leon: I am calm!

Angelica: Besides, why would anyone, let alone Swiper, tell us where the body is if they wanted to hide it?

Leon: He's covering tracks.

Max: (pauses) You are stupid.

Leon: I am not! And besides, you were all the last to arrive, don't tell me you're not a bit suspicious of them!

Izzy: Look, what happened to BJ was a terrible thing. But if we let it tear us apart, we could all go the same way.

Digit: Yoikes!

All (but Leon): Second.

Leon: (angrily) Oh I see...everyone is in it together! All of you!

Sailor Avalon: I'm just a little girl. Why would you think I would do something horrible?

Leon: You never seen an infant with a gun or a newborn conquering a hospital on the day of his birth!?

Max: Extremely stupid.

Leon: SHUT UP! I'M NOT STUPID!! And as far as I'm concerned, there's no one I can trust anymore.

Sailor Tokyo: Even yourself?

Leon: Ugh, that's not the point! The point is, it's every man for his or herself from now on.

He then dashed to the door, slamming behind him.

Rowdyruff Boys: He's stupid.

Leon's Voice: (angrily) I HEARD THAT!!

Sailor Venus: He's shaken. We all are.

Lee: So what do you all think? About BJ I mean.

Sailor Kamino: We're not really sure.

Emblem: I think we're being haunted.

Lee: Oh. Well, at least someone's keeping their head.

Danny: Weird, my ghost sense would've picked up at that point if we knew there was a ghost running about.

Joe: Look, none of us are exactly in love with such an unscientific celestrial idea as murderous ghosts, unless you count ones Danny Phantom encountered, but nothing other than the supernatural could have engineered this situation.

Tommy: And believe me, with Alan, this house has a bad sense of history. A history I think it's time we started looking into.

Fred: Does it include nachos? Yes?

Lee: Well, do whatever you want. I think I'm going to have to look into BJ's death with a slightly more sensible attitude.

June: Where are Michael and the others?

Shirly: I need to take care of his "problem".

Courage: Not to mention someone should tell him about BJ.

Lee: I think he's upstairs with those people that didn't come down at all.

Palmon: Don't worry, we'll look for him.

Delete: You can count on us.

They looked around the place while Snake looked more uneasy.

Artemis: Snake, you okay?

Snake: Sssomething happened while I exxxplored the place, but I don't remember what...

(Dream Sequence)

In the bathroom, Serena (in normal form) arrived as she heard voices.

Serena: Voices? I haven't been this spooked since that haunted house vacation Amy, Raye, Luna, Dora, and I took.

Voice: Mother?

Serena: Alan? Alan Matthews, are you in here?

Voice: What are you doing, mother?

Serena: Mo-what?!

Voice: (sounding worried) Mother, no! No, don't! Mother! MOTHER!!

Serena: (gasps) Hang on!

She hurried to the shower curtain, pulling it. To her horror, it was a tub full of blood with a strange symbol and the word "Mother" on it. Just then, a bloody corpse grabbed her as she screamed, being pulled in.

Serena: DARIAN!!!

(End Dream Sequence)

Sailor Moon, in the lounge, gasped and panted, looking frightened. She looked at herself, feeling her head, arms, and legs before sighing in relief.

Sailor Moon: Wh...what do these dreams mean?

Voice: Sailor Moon?

She looked at where the door was, looking at the familiar faces.

(End of Chapter 2)