CSI - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Gil Grissom's Kidnapping ❯ Kidnapping ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This the first Chapter of Gil Grissom's Kidnapping. I hope you like it. Go easy on me though. This is not my first story but it is my first on CSI. Enjoy!
 
 
Today was not a normal day at the crime lab, no usual cases coming in, no people pulling doubles but triples, anything but the regular things. For a team of five people today was going to one of the longest times of their lives. These five people rushed to and from places trying to find and collect evidence to find him. After rigorous hours collecting any evidence they could, they came back to the lab. They now hover over their only piece of evidence they have; a note. A note that was addressed to him and it only said, `Don't go to car…'
 
“Is this it?” Catherine asked with an edge in her voice. This couldn't be the only thing they could have, could it? All of their searching just for one note?
 
“Yes and no. There was a single print on the note underneath the writing; the right index finger. I sent it to trace to run it through the system now.” Greg informed his team with disappointment in his voice that he couldn't do more.
 
“What about the paper itself or the writing on it?” asked Warrick. Greg shook his head a little.
 
“No…nothing. There's no match to the writing so far and you can get this kind of 4 by 5 paper from really any store. In other words anyone could have done this.” he said.
 
“What about you and Warrick, Sara? Anything on his car?” asked Catherine. Sara nodded her head giving her team some hope.
 
“Nick and I did find something. It was a white fiber, I sent it to Hodges . Other than that I'm guessing a pro. Who ever did this knows what he's doing, there was nothing but that fiber and there was no camera on the car. There is no way that anyone less could have done this. Brass is down there now to see if he can found anyone or anything that could help us.” said Sara. Catherine sighed so they truly have nothing really at all.
 
“So we have nothing?” Nick voiced what she was just thinking. This can't be happening! How can we have nothing! he thought. Sara nodded even though she detested the thought of it. Not having anything I mean. Everyone put their heads down slightly, disappointed in themselves. They couldn't do anything for him.
 
Sara sighed. All she could think about was, He's gone…Where is he…Where is Grissom? That's right Gil Grissom was gone…well more like he was kidnapped by someone, they did not know yet.
 
“What about the tapes? One of them must have caught the person bringing the note in.” Warrick said with so hope in his voice. All of their hope rose at the thought.
 
“I checked those. Come look at this.” Archie just came in and told them as he led them out of the lab and into a different room to show them his findings on the tape.
 
Greg nodded towards Archie to start the tape. “Take a look at this. Now know that this was the only camera captured him…or her but watch as this person comes in and then out. Also notice the time which this person showed up and when he/she left.” Archie told them.
 
The others looked on as Archie played the tape. As they look they see a small figure 5''3' maybe 5''4' coming in with a black hood on. The black hood covered the person's face and they noticed that the person was also wearing leather gloves. Then they looked at the time as Judy the secretary pointed off somewhere. They guessed it was Grissom's office where they had found the note. It was about eight o'clock and they estimated the time line of Grissom's kidnapping that he went missing roughly around ten o'clock meaning that they got the note two hours before as a warning but why didn't Grissom tell them.
 
They refocused on the tape as the person with the hood on came back out four minutes later. That's odd concentrating that it wouldn't take that long to walk in his office, drop off the note, and walk back out. The figure stopped right in front of the camera with the head down as to not let them see the face and held up four fingers with the ungloved right hand and then head right back out the front door and into the crowd of people.
 
Everyone looked confused. Why did the person do that?
 
“Archie do you know why he/she did that?” asked Sara.
 
“No I don't. I was hoping one of you had a clue as what that meant.” he told them. Everyone shook their heads. They didn't know. “So we have more evidence then before we just don't understand it. This person it trying to tell us something we just don't know what it is.”
 
“Yeah but what is with the four fingers. Why do that?” asked Catherine.
 
“I for one don't know. Four fingers could mean a number of things.” said Archie trying to figure out this problem. “The fingers could mean days, hours, years, and then there miles, feet, or even countries.” They nodded in agreement. It was really strange.
 
“There is another thing that's odd.” Everyone looked at Nick. “Why would it take so long to get in and to get out? It just doesn't make sense.” He referred back to the placing of the note.
 
“Unless something happened that held the person up.” suggested Warrick.
 
“Or more likely planted the print. Did you notice that her right hand wasn't gloved anymore? I bet the person planted it knowing something but what?” said Nick.
 
“The real question to be answered, why do that?” said Catherine.
 
“That's not everything.” The team looked at Archie. “About two hours later we see Grissom coming in and then going straight back out no less then two minutes later.” Greg told them as he fast forward the tape for them to see Grissom coming in, talking to Judy most likely about the note or evidence that was now in his office, and then leaving with what the team notices his gloves on.
 
“If Grissom found that note, why he didn't tell someone, tell us?” questioned Warrick.
 
“Because…he's Grissom.” Sara stated. “When Grissom found that note he would have went straight to his car, wondering why the note said to stay away from it.” After Sara said that her cell phone went off.
 
“Sidle.” She answered after she flipped it open.
 
“It's Brass. We can't find any witnesses and nothing suspicions got caught on video down here. We're still looking but I doubt that we will find anything.” said Brass and then he hung up.
 
“That was Brass, they got nothing.” Sara told the rest of the team.
 
Everyone just looked at each other. They needed to talk to Judy.
 
 
Grissom woke up with a painful groan. Where am I? What happened? where his thoughts.
 
Grissom winced in pain. Every part of his body was hurting. The last few things he remembers were Judy telling him that a girl had some evidence for him and it was placed in his office. He found that note about not going to he's car. Of course being him, he puts gloves on as to not contaminate the note. He immediately went to his car to see why the note said what it said. He had looked around the parking lot to see if anything was out of place but there was nothing and he also noticed that no one was around. He went to his car and looked inside; nothing. He vaguely remembers opening the drivers' seat when he felt someone grab him from behind and felt something over his nose and mouth that smelled. That was when his mind fogged up and his eyes blurred as he fell over into the front seat of his car. Soon after that he felt someone picking him up and then nothing but darkness as what ever he smelled took effect. That's it, that's all he could remember.
 
Grissom looked around his surroundings; a plan white room. Well as white as it's going to be with dirt smudges all over the place, bugs crawling here and there, and stains that he didn't even what to think about. Grissom had to refuse the urge to shudder at the thought of being on top of those things. When he took another look around the room again he had to take a double look around the area around him.
 
His eyes narrowed in confusion. The area he was on and a good space around him was fairly clean must to his surprise. He wondered who did this. Was it the person who took him? Gil doubted that. No kidnapper really cares for the captive unless the kidnapper was supposedly was in love with the captive, God he hoped not. So it had to be someone else but whom? Grissom noticed a door and a window in front of him. The window from where Grissom could see showed that he was still in Vegas and the area out there looked familiar but Grissom could place it. It also showed that it was late evening. It was early morning when he went to his car, just how long had he been asleep for?
 
He tried to get up to get a better look out the window but found that his hands were bounded together behind his back by a metal chain of some sort. Grissom tried to get out of them by pulling but it wasn't working. Combined with him still having whatever he smelled and the strength of the chain he wasn't getting out of them anytime soon. During his little struggle however Gil found out that who ever tied him up didn't do that with his feet.
 
Realizing that he isn't going anywhere soon he laid there for some time not knowing what was to become of him. This never happened to him before; yeah it happened to Nick and Sara but not him. He didn't have a clue what to do but he remained calm. Gil new that his team must have noticed by now he was missing so he knew that they would be searching for him. Gil had no doubt that they would find him they're the best of the best; taught them almost everything they know.
 
Grissom's thoughts about his team were cut off as his stomach growls. Telling him that, the coffee that he had consumed this morning was completely gone. Gil laid there waiting and trying to ignore his stomach pain. It was the only thing to he could do right now. Unknown to Grissom he fell asleep like that, his body shutting down from the lack of nutrients in its system. Before he fell asleep though he wondered what was going to happen to him when darkness clouded his vision.
 
The next day in the early afternoon Grissom woke up a little stronger than the day before. With his hunger and possibly now dehydration he didn't think the strength would last long. Just then as if his stomach knew what Gil was thinking of growled out to remained him that he was hungry and wanted food.
 
Grissom sighed and then sharply looked up. The door in front of him started to open up, squeaking as the person moved it. Once the door was opened two men stepped in, one looking older than the other. Gil scrunched his eyebrows together in confusion. Just before the second guy closed the door he saw a girl standing not far away from the door. Who is she? Grissom asked himself. His train of thought got cut off when he noticed that the two men that had come in through the door stepped closer to where he lays.
 
Gil got a good look at them. The man that came in first, the older one, was around his mid 40's, had brown hair with some grays in there and dark brown eyes. The guy wore a light gray and plain white suite with black pants and shoes. The other younger one was around his later 20's or early 30's, had brown hair with blonde highlight in it, and his eyes a light shade of the color baby blue. What was special about him was that there was a scar that went from the right side of his jaw all the way to his brow with a slight curve to it at the end. He wore a red t-shirt and blue jeans with tennis shoes on. They both smelled strongly of alcohol and tobacco.
 
Grissom knew that these men were his kidnappers but why kidnap him was Gil's question. He watched as his kidnappers drew closer towards him. When there were right next to Gil they ripped him up with a strong jerk to make him stand. The guy who was the older one put his pale pink lips next to Grissom's left ear and said, “It's your fault.” That was the last thing Grissom heard before he felt blazing pain as the two men beat him with their fists, feet, and some blunt objects that they had on them. Gil felt everything, every hit. When they were finally done Grissom went go into the darkness which he welcomed to make the pain he had received went into a dull sting and then nothing as Gil Grissom past out.
 
At the crime lab the day Grissom got beat to the inch of his life things weren't going so well. Conrad had informed them that they would only have one and only one case and that was finding Grissom. The team thanked him but they knew he didn't care about Grissom; he just wanted him back because without Grissom this crime lab wouldn't be the top two in the country. After the team watched the tape that the camera had caught they split up to cover more. Yesterday however was slightly disappointing because all they did was search for the evidence and not testing it but today they were all over what little evidence they had while searching for more.
 
Catherine and Nick went to Judy to ask some questions about the person that had got in to give the note to them. They got very little but at least they were told that the person was female and had short brown hair with blond highlights in them. She also said that the girl said that she really needed to give Grissom evidence for a case. That was when she pointed off to his office. Judy apologized that she couldn't tell more. Greg who was with Mia at the computer to see if they could get a match to the print they found on the note hopefully. So far no such luck even with the description that Catherine gave them. Who ever this person was doesn't have a record. Hodges was working on the white fiber that Warrick and Sara found to see if he can figure out what the fiber could tell them. Brass had every available officer looking for Grissom. Then there's Sara and Warrick who went back to Grissom's office and car to see if there was more evidence to find. They were disappointed when they found nothing that would help them in finding Grissom.
 
Sara wondered into the lab with Warrick preparing to take another look at the note they have recovered the day Grissom disappeared. She went to go get the note when another piece of paper which was face down on the lab table caught her attention. What is this? Sara asked herself.
 
“Warrick?” she called to him.
 
“Huh?” he said to her. Sara pointed towards the table.
 
“What is that?” asked Sara. Warrick turned around and looked to where Sara had pointed to. It was a piece of paper that wasn't there before.
 
“I don't know.” he told her.
 
She then changed her course and went to the lab table followed by Warrick who was closely walking behind her. With her gloves on already she picked up the note. The expression on her face was unreadable when she read the note. Warrick grew concerned when she gasped slightly and dropped the note. Warrick picked up the note that had fallen out of her hands and back on the table now face up.
 
“Greg!” Warrick screamed out after too reading the note. He ran to get Greg leaving the note and Sara who has not taking her eyes off of it. The note that now rests on the table where Warrick put it before running off. She just kept staring at it or more likely the words and what was under them. The note that was laying there oblivious to what it holds read, `Beaten' and under that word was red liquid that Sara and anyone else can guess that it was Grissom's blood.
 
When Warrick got everyone they all hurried back to the lab where Sara continued to stare at the note. Having everyone around the table staring at the note seemed to have snapped Sara out of it for when they gathered Sara explained to them how and where she found the second note. They discussed how the note got there while Greg worked on the note.
 
“It would seem this girl got in again but how? We gave everyone here a picture of her from the little description we got from Judy. I'm pretty sure if this girl came in like the last time Judy would have stopped her.” said Catherine. Everyone nodded.
 
“What if the girl realized this and asked someone to put it here?” asked Greg not looking up from his work. The team went into deep thought on that one.
 
“He's right. We're looking for a girl that has short brown hair with highlights in it. Not some boy with maybe a hat on. Or even one of our own being asked to put it there saying we requested for it to be there.” Sara started to throw out ideas.
 
“The boy theory is possible but one of our own. Come on Sara.” said Nick. She shrugged.
 
“I'm just making suggestions here.” she told him.
 
“Alright enough of how it got here but why it's here.” said Warrick.
 
“Guys I got something.” Greg informed them. They inched closer towards him to give them they full attention. “I got six of prints and so far this blood underneath is XY meaning male so I'm guessing it's Grissom's but I won't know for such `til the DNA test is done.”
 
“Six of prints? Is this girl getting sloppy, Greggo?” asked Warrick. Greg shook his head.
 
“No she isn't. I was right on someone else dropping this off. I compared all of the prints on the note to make such it was from the same person and they're not. Five of those prints match going to one person however that sixth print does not match the others but does match the print on the first note.” explained Greg.
 
“Run those five prints in the system and see if you can get a hit. I want to know who else touched this note.” demand Catherine at Greg.
 
Greg pointed at Catherine. “You got it.” Off he went back to where he started with the first print with Mia.
 
Grissom woke up in pain, everything was hurting. He tried to get up but he could not. The pain that came from his body was too much for him after awhile so Gil just stayed there trying to figure out the damage that was done to his body. All he could think about was Sara and how much pain he must have put her though with all of the rejections and misleading her all of the time. Grissom also thought about every mistake he had ever made in his life and wondered if he did them differently how the out come would be. Grissom stopped thinking on those thought as he tried to look at surroundings. Only to find out his eye sight was blurry and he was having a hard time focusing on what was around him.
 
Grissom stilled as he heard noise next to him, thinking that those two men were coming back to beat him again.
 
“I wouldn't do that if I was you.” said a females' voice. Grissom tried to look up again only to get the same results as the first time. Gil shacks his head to see if it would help some but it didn't.
 
So he decided that it was going to have to go on its' own. After awhile his eyes got better and he could see again. The first thing he did was look towards the window in front of him. From what he could see the sun was setting and would soon be dark out. Then he looked to where he heard the females' voice. Only to find that it was the same young girl from before was sitting right next to him. Who is she and what is she doing here, in a place like this? Gil asked himself.
 
Grissom looked at her when she moved and saw that she was kneeling patiently for him to acknowledge her. He got a look at her she has short brown hair with blonde highlights in it, dark hazel eyes and she had an even tan at least from what Grissom could see. He also saw what she was wearing; fading blue jeans and a navy blue t-shirt on with black sneakers. Gil got a better look at her when she moved again. She was real skinny but strangely not the starving skinny. He again wondered what she was doing in a place like this.
 
“You should have listened and stayed away from your car.” she told him. Grissom was stunned. So this was the person that tried to warn him with the note.
 
“You…are…” his voice cracking when he tried to talk to her. His throat was killing him and his mouth was completely dry. Gil guessed not having any water or any other liquid for like a day or more could do that to you. Though how many days had he been here Gil didn't know. How long has he been here for exactly anyway?
 
The girl next to him nodded. “Yes, it was me. Foolish to have come to the car after the warning I gave you and even more foolishness that you don't call for back up once you read the note.” Grissom dropped his eyes from her slightly. She was right. He made a rookie mistake. Grissom just thought it was a prank on him and then thought if it wasn't then he would be able to handle it himself. I guess who ever took him just proved him wrong.
 
Grissom moved to see if he could sit up right now but moving only made a wave of pain to shot through his body. He cried out slightly from the pain and then thought better to just lay still and wait for the pain to pass. He then felt a pressure on his shoulder. Grissom looked up at her to find it was her hand he felt on him.
 
“I told you not to do that. You are seriously injured, you shouldn't be moving by yourself right now. And good reason too. You have a few cracked ribs, a miner gash on you head, multiple bruises, and a lot of cuts and scratches. I fixed and bandaged most of your wounds but that doesn't mean they still can't hurt.” she informed him. Grissom looked confused at her.
 
“Do…I…know…you?” Once again he could only get out one word before his voice cracked after every word.
 
“Oh, sorry! My name is Ginnelle. (Its Janelle just spelled differently)” she introduced herself. Grissom nodded his head the best he could.
 
“I'm Gil Grissom. I work for the CSI crime lab but I'm guessing you already knew that, huh.” he said to her. Ginnelle nodded. Yes she already knew.
 
 
“Now let's see what I can do for you.” Ginnelle moved to grab something behind her; it was a bowl of tomato soup and a glass of water. By the looks of it, the soup was still hot. Ginnelle helped Gil up into a sitting position and much to his surprise she was really gentle with him because he hardly felt anything as she moved him. After getting him up she tenderly fed him, since his hands were still tied behind his back. She fed him like a mother was feeding her child. Giving him spoons full of soup and wiping off some of the soup that didn't make it in his mouth and then wiping his mouth area clean after he was done eating, occasionally giving him some water to help him along. Grissom didn't mind too much. His stomach was full and his mouth wasn't so dry anymore so he had no reason to complain about anything but his pride as a man did take a big hit on that one though.
 
Next she went to his injuries. Now that Gil got a full look at them he realized that they look a lot worse than what Ginnelle had said. It didn't take long for her to finish checking and re-bandaging his wounds when Grissom thought of something.
 
“Why are you here, in this place?” Gil asked her with his newly found voice.
 
“I live here…for now at least. I move from time to time, depending where we are going.” She said plainly like she had no problem being here at all.
 
 
That's the end of the first Chapter! Yay! See what happens to Grissom and into Ginnelle's past. Now all you guys have to do is click that button down there and ask for the second chapter. I will put the second chapter up if I have 4 reviews.
 
Click the button