D. Gray-man Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Redmeption ❯ Seventh Night: The Komurin II Incidence ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello! Sorry I haven't updated in a while but I'm completely swamped with homework! I had to fit 50 pages of notes on one notecard! School's starting to get harder so if I don't update for a while, don't worry, I'm not dead. Also, I'd like to especially like to thank Kurama'sFoxyMiko for helping me with this chapter! Thank so much! Now on with the story!
Last Chapter:
`Please tell me that Komui isn't that stupid. He wouldn't be planning to make the two go on a mission together would he? Geez, Kanda has no patience and will probably leave Allen to die! Then of course, he can't be worse than Master, so he should be alright…'
Kagome put her head on top of her arms. She could feel a pounding headache coming on.
Seventh Night: The Komurin II incidence
Kagome sat at the dressing table in her room. She stared at her reflection, which stared solemnly back.
`Alright, I admit it, I can't stop worrying about Allen! It's just, I haven't been apart from him for so long before, not since I first met him three years ago. This is normal right? After all, he's my best friend!' Kagome sighed. She was confused. Ever since Allen had left for his first mission, she had been worried frantic and it had nearly made her lose her huge appetite, which was an amazing feat. The reason for her pondering this morning was her dream last night. It had been a frightening nightmare, one that seemed to turn her to ice.
Flashback
She stood in a crumbling room and there seemed to be a fight going on. She could not make out the combatant's faces or bodies, she only felt a strange sense of floating, as if she was not really there. There was the scent of blood and a pulse of power. Kagome looked down and for an instance it seemed as if the whole room had turned crimson, and among that sea of red, a dot of pure white floated. Kagome dreamily descended close and the white became a body. Her eyes widened in terror and a sorrow so great it seemed to swallow her chilled her heart, and she screamed.
End Flashback
So here she was, sleep deprived and frustrated. Kagome sighed again.
“Well, what can I do? I'll just have to wait for Allen to come back.” As Kagome rose (she was already dressed in a comfortable blue kimono sprinkled with sliver leaves and a silver obi) a huge crash sounded outside.
`What the heck…' Kagome walked over to her door just in time to see Reever running past with an unconscious Lenalee.
“Uh, Reever, Komui's probably going to kill you.” Kagome started to say this but Reever had already run past and a second later a giant robot with a strange beret rushed past. Kagome sweatdropped and took a step outside. Bad mistake. The robot heard the tiny sound and immediately turned around.
`Uh-oh…' Kagome started to back up when the robot suddenly made a scanning sound and sound in a monotone,
“Female exorcist identified. Komurin II will make her stronger!” Komurin II started scuttling towards her at a fast pace and Kagome screamed. She ran the same way that Reever did, in the hopes that he knew where he was going. Kagome panted as she ran.
“KOMUI!!! I'M GOING TO MURDER YOU, YOU DAMN BASTARD!!!”
Komui suddenly felt a chill go down his back. `For some reason I just felt murderous rage directed at me.'
Kagome ran as fast as she could down the hallway but unfortunately, Allen was just coming up the stairs with Reever, who was still carrying Lenalee, following. She crashed headlong into Allen and he had to put out a hand to steady her. Allen blinked at her.
“Uh, Kagome? Why were you running? You should probably watch out more.”
“WATCH OUT MORE?! There's a maniacal robot coming behind who's hell bent on doing some sort of weird surgery on me! I don't have time to watch out!”
“Wait, you brought Komurin II here? Oh shit! Run!” This last comment was from Reever who tried to run away. Kagome and Allen followed quickly. They managed to evade Komurin II before being cornered in the center of the tower. Komui and the other scientists floated on a platform in the middle.
“Reever, throw Lenalee here! You can leave Kagome and Allen!”
Kagome and everyone else in the room turned murderous eyes on Komui.
“Komui… You moron! This is all your fault!” Kagome pretty much growled at Komui, who shivered with fright. However, she was cut off from saying more when Komurin II arrived. Johnny tried to fire a laser at him. Main word: tried. Komui latched on to him like an abalone on a rock and the laser missed and instead destroyed a large portion of the balcony. Johnny accidentally pushed a switched and the platform span around, shooting deadly laser beams in all directions, which hit everything except Komurin. He reached out with long clawed arms and tried to grab Allen, who activated his arm. His arm turned into a cannon-like thing and he prepared to destroy the crazy robot.
“Wow Allen-kun, your weapon has evolved!” Kagome was really relieved that the robot was going to be reduced to a pile of rubble. Or so she thought. Allen suddenly stiffened and deactivated his arm. Kagome stepped forward in concern.
“Ano, Allen-kun? Are you alright?” Kagome suddenly spotted a tiny dart on the back of Allen's neck. She glanced over at Komui who had a blow-dart pipe in his hands. She looked over at Komurin II who had grabbed Allen. Kagome exploded. Her face turned red in furious anger and she activated her Innocence. At the same time Lenalee woke up and saw the situation, causing her to activate her Innocence too. Kagome looked at Lenalee and said through clenched teeth,
“Oi, Lenalee-chan, let's destroy this menace and then kill your brother.”
“I can't agree more Kagome”
The two of them bounded up as Komurin II attempted to grab them. Kagome twisted in the air and flipped up while kicking Komurin II in the face. Meanwhile, Lenalee kicked Komurin in through the stomach. Komurin crackled with electricity and wires spilled out and finally died. Everyone except for Komui, who sobbed while hugging the deceased Komurin, cheered in glee. The science team threw rocks at Komurin II and Komui while chanting, Destroy it! Komui spouted some nonsense about how you should hate the game, not the player and you should hate the coffee (which apparently was the cause of the fiasco) not Komurin. Lenalee and Kagome looked at each other and communicated silently. They both jumped up and kicked Komui and Komurin over the charred remains of the balcony. You could hear him screaming all the way down.
Later that Night
Allen walked through the abandoned hallways.
Allen wondered, `I wonder why Kagome asked me to go to the cafeteria?' as he pushed open the door.
“SURPRISE!” Allen was shocked to see everyone standing under a large banner that said “Welcome Allen Walker”. His eyes filled with tears. Kagome ran up to him and hugged him.
“Welcome back Allen-kun!” Allen blushed and said, “I'm back.” The evening was a blur of fun and delicious food. Allen and Kagome had one of the best nights in a long, long time. After an hour or so, Kagome looked around and noticed that neither Kanda nor Lavi were there. She frowned, she knew that Lavi was on a mission but why wasn't Kanda here.
`Sure, he's socially crippled but still. I'll just go force, I mean persuade him to come.'
Kagome walked down to the Kanda's room and knocked. After a really, really long time, a very irate Kanda opened the door. Kagome tried not to blush because Kanda was currently shirtless and his finely sculpted chest was there for all to see. He spoke in Japanese to Kagome.
“Well? What do you want?”
“Well, we're having the welcome party for Allen-kun and I thought that you should come.”
“Why would I want to welcome that damn Moyashi?” Kanda slammed the door shut in her face.
`Geez, how rude!' Kagome stomped off.
Back in the room, Kanda sat down hard on his bed.
`Why did I get so angry because she called Moyashi by such a familiar name? I can't be jealous of him can I? I can't be jealous! It's not like I actually care for that silly girl. Though from how Lavi was gushing about her first mission, I guess she wasn't that silly. She's quick thinking, brave, loyal, and is beautiful to boost. No wait! I can't have thought that last thought!' Kanda shook his head, slumped down on his bed and vowed to forget that last mental conversation.
Well, what did you think? Let me just clear some stuff up, the reason Kagome uses some Japanese is because when she's angry she tends to use Japanese. Also, when she is comfortable in her environment, she uses Japanese. And, let's see, Moyashi means beansprout in Japanese. So, please review!