D. Gray-man Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Redmeption ❯ Eighth Night:New Enemy? ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello! Looks like I'm updating again! Yay! I guess I have more time than I thought. Or not. Anyways, this chapter is once again for the reviewers. Thank you and please continue giving me suggestions! So, on with the story!
Oh, by the way, I just realized that I haven't been doing my disclaimers and since I'm likely to keep forgetting, this disclaimer applies to all previous and future chapters.
Disclaimer: I do not, and never will, own either D. Gray-man or Inuyasha.
Last Chapter: She's quick thinking, brave, loyal, and is beautiful to boost. No wait! I can't have thought that last thought!' Kanda shook his head, slumped down on his bed and vowed to forget that last mental conversation.
Eighth Night: New Enemy?
Kagome sipped her green tea and sighed in contentment. Allen and Kanda hadn't killed each other yet (that didn't mean they got along) and Komui hadn't killed them all with some crazy invention. She was happy with that and hoped that it would continue. She turned to Allen, who was stuffing his face next to her and poked him gently.
She chided him gently. “Allen-kun, try to be a bit neater. It's sort of gross hearing you chew.”
Allen blushed and gulped down his bite of food. “Sorry Kagome. I guess I was just hungry.” He chuckled sheepishly.
Kagome laughed. “I'm not really bothered by it since I can understand how you feel but other people are getting freaked out.” She pointed to the people on either side of them and Allen was embarrassed to realize that they had been staring at him in morbid fascination.
“Um, oops. Sorry, heh, I guess I was just a bit too gluttonous.” Allen blushed again. Kagome suddenly glomped him and he twitched in surprise.
“Uh, Kagome? What are you doing?”
“Well, you just looked so cute! I couldn't help it! You know about my obsession with cute things!” And Allen did. Over the years, he had watched as Kagome cooed over every animal that was the least bit cute and that had fur. But that still didn't prevent him from blushing yet again as her chest pressed into him. This touching scene was interrupted by the arrival of Kanda, who glared at the two of them with so much hostility; they both flinched and edged away from him.
“Oi, girl, we're going out on a mission.” Kanda's voice was cold and cutting.
“Yes!” Kagome squeaked and threw Allen a look that said help-me! She had no choice but to follow Kanda out the door. They rowed once again through the canal and once again jumped onto a moving train. The only difference this time was that they did not have a Finder with them and Kanda was definitely not as friendly as Lavi was.
`I really would have preferred to go on a mission with someone more talkative. Like Allen-kun, Lenalee-chan, or even Lavi!' Kagome sighed and looked down at the folder in her hands. It had a description of the mission. Apparently, this time they were going to small town that had been repeatedly attacked by Akuma and it was suspected that there was Innocence there. Not much else was known as all of the Finders had once again all been killed. The train ride seemed to take forever since Kagome was a bit too intimidated and Kanda was too socially crippled to say anything. At last the two arrived in a quaint little town that would have been charming had it not been in ruins. Kagome narrowed her eyes and activated her ability to the third level. Kagome had more or less perfected her ability over the years and she could now control how much of it she activated. When it was one-third activated, her eyes would have a slight silver sheen to it and she could detect only Akuma at around fifty meters. When it was half activated, her eyes were a silvery light blue and her pupils became slightly slitted. At this level, she could see Akuma at 100 meters. When her ability was three-fourths activated, her eyes were now almost completely silver with just a hint of blue and her pupils were slitted like a cat's. She could see Akuma souls at 200 meters and she could also see hint of normal people's souls. This was rather distracting so she didn't use it often. And lastly, when her ability is completely activated, her eyes were icy silver with no blue and no pupils. At this point, she could see Akuma and human souls at 300 meters. Needless to say, it was very disturbing to see everyone's souls around her so she rarely activated her eyes to this point. She just called the levels first level, second level, third level, and final level for convenience's sake.
Kagome scanned the surroundings and said, “There aren't any Akuma and no humans either. Not within 200 meters anyway.” She reduced her ability to the second level after scanning and followed Kanda further into the town.
It was unfortunate that she did this since she was not able to detect the figure lurking in the shadows of one of the buildings. The figure was clearly that of a man in a top hat and suit. The strangest things about him were not his clothing but his gray skin and the black crosses etched on his forehead.
Tyki Mikk narrowed his eyes at the duo that had just entered the town. He had been finishing up some business for the Earl and had just been about to return to his “white” side when two Exorcists had appeared around a corner. He appraised the two and immediately dismissed the taller of the two as just another violent Exorcist. However, he did look with interest at the girl. He had to admit she was beautiful with her glossy raven hair and striking blue eyes. Tyki imagined how amusing it would be to make her cry.
`How interesting. A female Exorcist, I don't think I've ever seen one before now. I wonder what it would take to break her.' One hand lifted up to cover a face that was now horrendously stretched into an inhumanly large grin and eyes that were not completely sane.
Yay! Another chapter finished! So, what did you think? I'm not sure, but I think that I might have made some of the characters a little OOC. If I did, could you tell me? Please leave a review!