D. N. Angel Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Painting Happiness ❯ Plotting and the fight pt1 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Me: a new chapter. So soon? *dramatic gasp* I MUST BE OUTTA MY MIND!!!
 
Inu: u just now realize this?
 
Me: y must u be so cruel? *sniff*
 
Dark: awww *hugs*
 
Me: yay!
 
Daisuke: hey, when do I come into the picture?
 
Me: DAI!!! *latches onto him*
 
Daisuke: *blush*
 
Soku: *growling*
 
Inu: ooo looks whos getting jealous again
 
Soku: shut up dog-boy!!!
 
Rest: O.O
 
Me: I think we should start the chapter now….
 
Krad: yep
 
Me: when did u get here?!?!!?!?
 
 
)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(
 
 
The two walked back to camp in silence, neither one not really wanting to breath the piece of the moment. A loud curse was heard in the direction of their camp followed by a loud wail. The two sighed and stepped into the clearing. Inuyasha was hopping on one foot, the said one being burned by a spilled cup of ramen. Shippo was sitting on the forest floor, holding a rather large lump on his head; while Sango sat over by the fire laughing her ass off. Kagome giggled but gave them a questioning stare.
 
 
“Guys, why is there ramen out?” Inuyasha turned to look at her with an `are you fucking crazy' look. He brought up a cup and pointed to it, preparing to talk to her like a child.
 
 
“This,” he poked the side of his cup with his finger. “Is the best damn piece of food on the planet. It was created by the GODS! And you're asking WHY we're having it with dinner???” he growled annoyed at the obvious fact. Kagome sighed and shifted more towards Miroku, liking the way his aura was calm compared to everyone else's. Inuyasha saw the motion and began to panic. What had gone on between them? They hadn't been gone that long have they? Sango notice the movement as well and stilled. Did she and Miroku have something going on? 'But...' She cried out in her mind. 'I...I love him! He's not supposed to be with Kagome, he's supposed to be with me!' she thought selfishly. Noticing the stares they were getting from their friends, Kagome and Miroku looked at each other before shrugging and sitting down at opposite sides of the camp. Shippo, oblivious to all, ran over and sat in her lap, getting comfortable easily.
 
 
“Did you have a nice walk Kagome?” He asked handing her a bowl of ramen and boar meat, before munching his own. Kagome smiled down at him and nodded happily.
 
 
“Yes I did, thanks for asking. Miroku made it quiet enjoyable.” She giggled at him when he looked up at her, mouth stuffed with food. Too cute!!! Shippo swallowed and Kagome hugged him tightly, laughing. Miroku, from across the fire, laughed at the two.
 
 
“Now, now Kagome, I didn't do all that much. I just made you laugh. But I do agree it was quite enjoyable.” He chuckled out. Inuyasha and Sango let out a breath that neither knew that they were holding. Kagome and Miroku looked at them confusedly but shrugged it away. Dinner was eaten in silence save for a few snippets of conversation between Kagome and Shippo. The food was soon gone and the dishes cleaned, the group got settled in for bed. Shippo curled up on Kagome's stomach as she pulled her sleeping bag over the two of them. Sango did the same with Kirara, this time sleeping a little closer to the monk before falling into a dreamless state. Miroku watched, shocked that Sango would sleep so close to him, before looking at Kagome. She gave him a small knowing smile and closed her eyes, letting sleep claim her, Miroku following in suit. Inuyasha however, sat awake, watching as the fire danced in the night. He was confused. And he was pissed. Why did they keep smiling at each other? It wasn't as if they liked each other. Inuyasha's blood ran cold. Is this what she was hiding from him before? `No!' He shook his head wildly. If they did go off together, he would smell it! He looked down at the slumbering figure of Kagome and sighed. Kagome…that name alone made him shiver. When he was with her, he felt ten times happier. Like there was nothing in the world he couldn't accomplish. The said girl rolled over in her sleep.
 
 
“Dark…mmm Inuyasha.” She mumbled, cuddling Shippo closer. Inuyasha jumped in the air, startled to hear her angelic voice. He jumped down from his perch in his tree and sat beside her. The soft glow of the fire reflected off her features making her seem like a goddess. Inuyasha's clawed hand reached out and swept a piece of hair out of her face. She shifted again making him pulled his hand away quickly. “Dark…love…yasha…” she mumbled again, a small smile covering her features. Inuyasha's brow furrowed. `Who's Dark?' he asked himself. A shift was heard from the other side of the fire and he turned around swiftly.
 
 
“Inuyasha, calm down, you'll wake Kagome.” Miroku said quietly. Inuyasha turned around and glared at him. It was his fault. Inuyasha growled and stalked over to Miroku, picking him up by his collar. Miroku gasped and struggled in his hold.
 
 
“Don't tell me what to do monk! What's going on between you and Kagome?” He growled out. Miroku looked at him like he'd gone insane. `What the hell is Inuyasha talking about???' he thought, still struggling.
 
 
“Don't play that shit with me monk! I saw the way you two looked at each other all through dinner. And what was with that, “I just made you laugh. But I do agree it was quite enjoyable.” shit you pulled?” He growled out, teeth barred. Miroku leaned away from him, terrified. A thought dawned on him and he stopped struggling, looking at Inuyasha surprised.
 
 
“You're jealous…you're jealous of me,…” he whispered, surprised. Inuyasha dropped Miroku and turned away ashamed. Miroku put a hand on his shoulder and forced him to look at him.
 
 
“Inuyasha, there is nothing going on between us. If anything, we're like brother and sister. There's no reason to freak out.” He said quietly. Inuyasha stiffened but sighed and nodded, feeling rather stupid. He took a ragged breath and turned to face Miroku. A thought struck him and he looked into Miroku's eyes almost pleadingly.
 
 
“Miroku…do you know who this…Dark, guy is?” he asked quietly. Sango shifted in her sleep and Miroku gazed longingly at her before turning back to Inuyasha. He shook his head and sighed.
 
 
“Sorry, but I don't. Do you…” he trailed off for a second, trying to figure out how to put this. “Do you want me…to find out from her for you? I mean because I want a few answers from her as well.” He finished uneasily. This was one of the most awkward conversations they had ever had. Inuyasha gulped and nodded.
 
 
“Thanks Miroku. Hey…what do you need to ask her?” he asked a little curious. Miroku blushed when he remembered how Kagome looked on their way back. He shook his head mentally. `I love Sango but…what is this I feel for Kagome? I know I think of her as a sister, but…why am I suddenly attracted to her?' Miroku shook his head, trying to dispel his thoughts.
 
 
“Inuyasha…if Kagome wasn't human...what would you do?” He asked. This caught Inuyasha off guard. What did he mean not human? He turned to Kagome and caught a brief whiff of her scent. It was that scent again! But…it was laced with her own scent. Her lavender and sakura blossoms took on a darker smell, adding mystery and unknown into her scent. He looked back at Miroku who was also looking at Kagome. Miroku sighed, knowing Inuyasha knew. “Inuyasha…I think there's a illusion spell on Kagome, hiding her true form.” He said confidently. Inuyasha's eyes widened. A spell? Miroku saw the look on his face and sighed. “When I'm with Kagome…I feel this strange…I don't know how to say it. When I'm near her, I find myself wanting her, more than any other woman I've ever wanted before. And, I feel guilty because…I love Sango.” He trailed off. Inuyasha's eyes glowed in the night, the fire finally dying out.
 
 
“Miroku…” he was quiet. His own voice was a stranger when he spoke. He really didn't know what to say. “How do we get rid of it?” Miroku looked at him quizzically.
 
 
“How do we get rid of what? Kagome not being human?” Inuyasha sighed.
 
 
“No. How do we get rid of the spell? Ya know, to show her true form.” He said a little uneasy. Miroku sighed and ran his hand through his bangs. He really didn't know. He wasn't even sure if Kagome knew.
 
 
“To be honest I really don't know Inuyasha. I'd really need to know what type it is and how strong it is. But what I do know is that it's weakening. I mean, before a few days ago, did you notice anything different?” Inuyasha shook his head and Miroku sighed. “Me neither. But from what little I can sense, she's very strong.” Inuyasha nodded and hung his head in defeat.
 
 
“How the hell are we going to talk to her about this?” He asked, exasperated. Miroku shrugged, his eyes drooping slightly.
 
 
“You got me Inuyasha. Maybe we should just let it play out on its own? Cant go wrong there can we?” Miroku asked yawning. Inuyasha sighed and stood up, looking down at the monk.
 
 
“Go to bed Miroku. You're no use to me tired.” He chuckled walking over and sitting by the tree ear Kagome. Miroku chuckled and sat over on the other side of Sango before yawning again.
 
 
“Good night Inuyasha.” His eyes drooped closed and his breath evened out. Inuyasha smirked before muttering the same back and falling into a peaceful sleep.
 
 
~!~
 
 
The next morning Inuyasha awoke happily. Kagome was still sleeping, facing towards him, looking as beautiful as ever. A frown soon covered his face. Beautiful as ever? The conversation he had with Miroku came back to him and he frowned a bit more. If what he thought was true, than Kagome could look totally different. Different hair, different eyes, different body! Other things started spinning through his mind at a mile a minute. `Is she strong, is she beautiful? COULD she be anymore beautiful? Is she a demon? If so what kind. I hope she's a demon. F she was I could take her as my mate and-…' Inuyasha froze. Mate? As in, forever, with…her? Inuyasha looked down at her slumbering face. A small smile spread across her lips and he had no choice but to smile back, even if she was asleep. `Yes mate…' His demon side purred in contempt. A lock of hair fell in her face and he brushed it away gently. Kagome's arm twitched and her eyes slowly began to open. Inuyasha, embarrassed, pulled his hand away but didn't move. Kagome opened her eyes and saw Inuyasha starring down at her, a content look on his face. She smiled up at him and sat up, being careful not to wake Shippo.
 
 
“Morning Inuyasha.” She said simply. Another small smile tugged at his lips and he stood up and offered his hand. She took it and left Shippo in the warmth of the sleeping bag.
 
 
“Morning. Do you want to go get washed up? I'll go catch us a bite to eat.” Kagome gasped to herself at how nice Inuyasha was being, but nodded.
 
 
“That would be nice, thank you.” She said before gathering up her things and walking to the hot springs. Inuyasha bound off into the woods, feeling a lot better than usual. `Was it because I had a nice conversation with her, despite it being so short?' he chuckled at himself and quickly killed 3 rabbits. Looking around he saw a beautiful meadow towards the west and his happy moment instantly soured. The west- Sesshomaru. He remembered that Kagome wanted to go this way and sighed. It was true that she didn't hate his brother. Anybody with a brain could figure that out. He sighed again and walked back towards camp, the smell of eggs reaching his sensitive nose. Walking into the clearing, he saw Kagome and Sango cooking eggs over the fire while Miroku sat in the corner, a rather large lump popping out of his head. Chuckling, he around finding Shippo and Kirara curled up in Kagome's sleeping bag. Walking over he quickly skinned the rabbits and skewered them over the fire.
 
 
“Thanks Inuyasha.” Sango said to him. Kagome smiled and nodded a small thanks and Inuyasha did the same.
 
 
“Aww such cute little love birds! I think they should kiss!” Miroku said popping out of nowhere. Kagome's face flushed red and Inuyasha growled. A loud thud was heard and Miroku was found on the ground once again. A low chuckle was emitted from him and the others looked at him like he was crazy, which he probably was. Sango sighed and scooped some eggs into a few small bowels for each of them. She cut up the rabbit meat while Kagome went and woke Shippo.
 
 
“Shippo, come on wake up. We have food.” That got him up. He popped up and headed straight over to the fire, arms out and waiting. Kagome giggled and followed him over. Inuyasha handed her a bowl before woofing his down. Laughing, Kagome helped herself to her own food, watching her friends. Sango and Shippo laughed quietly, joking about small things here and there with Miroku joining them every once and awhile. Inuyasha sat over to the side, also watching, having long finished his breakfast. The rest of the group hurried and finished and cleaned up. Soon they were off, walking down the rode, heading for the west. Inuyasha and Miroku stood in front, guiding the way. Glancing back, Miroku sighed and started talking.
 
 
“When are we going to confront her about it?” He asked making sure the others in the group couldn't hear them. Inuyasha sighed and shook his head, obviously not wanting to talk about it.
 
 
“I don't know Miroku. I mean we can't exactly walk up to her and say, “Hey Kagome can you take off that little illusion spell and show us your true form? I mean cuz we know you ain't human,” yes Miroku, cuz that would work so well.” He grinned sarcastically. Miroku sighed and pinched the brim of his nose. Inuyasha didn't want to talk about it. He knew he didn't want to. But they had to come up with some plan.
 
 
“I know Inuyasha but we-” Kagome's voice stopped them dead in their tracks. They looked back to see her with a worried look on her face. The two males stopped while the others caught up to them.
 
 
“Guys I sense a jewel shard. And it's big. That only means one thing.” She said seriously. Inuyasha's eyes hardened.
 
 
“Naraku.” He muttered distastefully. The others in his group stiffened. A drop of water fell on Shippo's nose, making him look up at the darkening sky. Tiny droplets fell on them as the horrid feeling of Naraku's aura got closer and closer. The group ran towards the feeling, wanting to fight the thing that had caused them so much pain. Coming to a wide clearing, they all looked around suspiciously, feeling Naraku all around them. Evil laughter erupted from all around them, making the hair on the back of their necks stand on end.
 
 
“Glad to see you finally decided to show up Inuyasha. I was beginning to get worried.” A sour chuckle sounded from all around them and they could practically see the smirk on his ugly face.
 
 
“Naraku! Show yourself! What do you want from me?!?” he screamed into nothingness. A sigh of bemused disappointment sounded from the faceless voice.
 
 
“Now, now Inuyasha, why wont you ever learn that not everything's about you?” a figure appeared suddenly in a building that the group hadn't noticed before. Inuyasha took a protective stance in front of Kagome, almost unconsciously. Sango and Miroku slid in their fighting stances, getting read for the up coming battle.
 
 
“What the hell are you here for then?!!” he barked out. A low chuckled flowed from the building, smooth as water. Kagome shivered, hating herself for being so weak. An overdramatic sigh came from him and the group could see a thin smirk settle on his features.
 
 
“Well if you must know,” He teased. “I am here for Kagome.” Inuyasha growled, as did his inner demon while Sango and Miroku gasped. Miroku was paralyzed with fear. How much did he know? Inuyasha's head bent low and barred his teeth.
 
 
“What the FUCK does a slimy piece of FILTH like you want Kagome for?!?!?” he could feel his eyes turn slightly red, but was curious as to why. He was holding Tessaiga nor was his life I danger, so…why?
 
 
`He like to hurt mate…' His demon side growled out. Inuyasha stood stock-still. That was the first time it had ever spoken. And it was about Kagome. Blinking, he figured out what it meant. His demon side already considered a mate and referred to her as such. Naraku let out a hideous laugh, making the others cringe in disgust.
 
 
“Stupid hanyou, do you not see that, that girl is not mortal? I wish to posses her power!” Sango and Shippo gasped in surprise and turned to Kagome. She held her head low and was trembling. Miroku looked at Inuyasha, genuine concern showing in his eyes. How did Naraku find out? Inuyasha saw him and nodded his head downwards to try and keep Miroku calm along with his demon side. Reaching behind him, he grabbed Kagome's hand, satisfying the 3 of them. A smirk slid onto his face and he stared straight at Naraku.
 
 
“Well that's just too damn bad. Cuz you ain't getting her!” Inuyasha screamed charging at him, leaving Kagome with Miroku. Naraku smiled evilly at Inuyasha and sent his tentacles and hordes of demons at him. Inuyasha, using both his half demon and demonic power, charged at the demons, slicing at them with his sword. Demons rushed at them from all sides making Sango, Miroku, and Kirara form a circle protectively around her. Miroku panted as yet another demon came at him. He had already purified too many to count with his ofuas and by the sound of it, Sango wasn't doing much better. Miroku snuck a look at Kagome who was stock-still with fear.
 
 
`How did he find out?' her mind whispered. She trembled as she saw Sango and Miroku fight off the demons that were coming for her. A small vine like tentacle touched her ankle and she felt a rush of panic when her purification powers jolted from her body, instantly frying it and any demon touching it. Shippo, shocked and terrified, cuddled further into her arms. Kagome looked around and saw Inuyasha trying to get to Naraku. A tentacle shot out and cut his arm, making tears rush to her eyes. She was causing them so much trouble.
 
 
“AHH!” Sango and Miroku screamed as they were tossed to the sides like useless rag dolls. Miroku looked up in time to see a rather large tentacle wrap its way around Kagome's body, squeezing the air out of her.
 
 
“No! Kagome! Inuyasha!!!” Miroku screamed, trying to get his attention. The said half demon looked up in time to see Kagome be held in the air by an ugly, pulsing, tentacle. `NO!' both he and his demon side screamed in terror.
 
 
“Kagome…” he whispered as a demon came and knocked him in the chest, tossing him back a few yards. Kagome whimpered as the acid on the flesh started to burn her skin. Looking down, she saw the worried faces of her friends and gulped. Naraku laughed cruelly and her mind raced. `I only have one choice…' Kagome took a deep breath and closed her eyes.
 
 
“DAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRK!!!” She cried into the pouring rain. A brilliant flash of light filled the clearing and-…
 
 
 
 
 
)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(
 
 
 
 
Me: DUN DUN DUN!!!
 
Inu: YOU JUST CAN'T LEAVE IT THERE!!!
 
Me: o.o I didn't know you cared so much…
 
Inu: *blushing* uh…well I…ya see…
 
Soku: *chuckling* look who's embarrassed~!
 
Dark: wtf is happening to Kagome?!?!
 
Me: uh… *getting backed into a corner* blame my sanity! It's its fault!!!
 
Inu: *growling* what's going to happen to her?!?
 
Me: if I get some reviews you'll find out.
 
Dark: *sniff* meanie
 
Me: hehe I know, my ego just needs to get like… l_____________________________________________________________________l that much bigger and I wont do this mean of a cliffy again.
 
Dark: @-@ REVIEW DAMN U READERS!!!
 
Me: uh…rite. OH! B4 I forget. There's one person I wanna thank…well I wanna thank all of my reviews, I LOVE YOU ALL!!!, but ChaosChiq, I must thank you. I was in a bad mood from my sickness and ur lil burst of randomness saved me
 
Dark: wait…ur saying ur sick and writing this???
 
Me: yes…why?
 
Daisuke: NO! in bed now! I don't want you to get even sicker Dee
 
Me: aww that's so sweet Dai! *glomps* ur so cute
 
Daisuke: *blush*
 
Soku: *growl*
 
Dark: dude get over it, its friggin DAISUKE!!
 
Soku: dude…die!!!