D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ CPR ❯ CPR ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“I hate you!” Daiki, Emiko and Kosuke looked up as Daisuke stormed into the living room.
 
“Dai-chan? Is everything alright?” Daisuke rounded on his mother, face a furious blaze of red.
 
“I DETEST him! I despise everything about him!” He huffed, arms crossed.
 
Dark chuckled. “Ah gomen, gomen! Your face was priceless!”
 
“I HATE YOU!”
 
At that exact moment, Towa-chan entered the room, laden with a tray of coffee and cake. Her eyes brimmed with tears. “But Dai-chan what did I do?”
 
“Not you. Dark.” He spat the name out as if the very sound of it disgusted him. Inside his head Dark roared with laughter, making Daisuke's enraged mood worse.
 
“What happened? Did something happen on the mission?” The boy pulled out the painting he had stolen and handed it to his grandfather.
 
“No,” he said, suddenly sullen. “I'm going to bed now.” He turned and stormed across the room.
 
“Then what's wrong?” His parents shared a glance when he didn't answer. “Hey Daisuke. I know this is a bad time since you're upset and everything.” Kosuke looked a bit abashed. “But I'm going to need this really early in the morning and I was hoping you could take a look at it before you go to sleep.” Daisuke momentarily swallowed his fury. His father didn't often ask him for favors after all. And being mean-spirited wasn't really his nature.
 
“…sure.”
 
“Good. Okay, tell me what you think of this.” Kosuke held a picture in front of his son's face. Daisuke slowly turned bright red as his eyes took in Risa posing to show off her very tiny bikini.
 
Dark sat down hard on the floor, laughing too much to stand. He clutched at his sides while Daisuke raged at him and at his `traitor' of a father, and at Saehara who was most likely the source of said picture.
 
“So Dark, you want to explain things?” Dark waved a hand and tried to catch his breath. He pulled himself up onto the couch.
 
“It was—snicker—after we grabbed the picture. Technically it's his fault. I would have just come straight home but -hahaha—Daisuke had to play hero…”
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x
 
`I don't see him.'
 
Dark sighed at the boy in his head. “He's fine. He's too stubborn to die. Besides, if he did things would be easier.”
 
`He should have come up by now,' Daisuke insisted. `Something's wrong. I can feel it.'
 
“Let him figure it out himself. I'm tired.”
 
`DARK! We have to save him.' Dark groaned, knowing that he was not going to get any peace until he went and rescued that annoying silver-haired police boy.
 
“Fine.” He turned with a flap of his wings. He muttered under his breath. He scanned the water. The moon sat low, sending little ripples of light across the surface. Damn that Hiwatari. Somehow he always managed to make things difficult. Suddenly a glimmer of silver caught his eye. Dark swung into a nosedive, plunging into the icy water.
 
The cold slammed into him and he almost opened his mouth. He caught himself in time and continued his downward dash.
 
`We should have brought a breather.'
 
`I didn't think I'd have to rescue your special little friend,' Dark retorted silently. His powerful legs kicked and sent him speeding towards the sinking boy. He grabbed a handful of his shirt and headed to the surface.
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x
 
Dark paused a moment as Daisuke picked up his rant again.
 
`Give me back my body!'
 
The legendary thief smirked. “Not yet Daisuke. I haven't gotten to the good part.”
 
“So what happened?” Daiki met Dark's eyes and a sneaking suspicion began to form.
 
“So? Go on!” Towa-chan urged. Inside Daisuke threatened and pleaded and begged and bribed, but Dark was determined to get the rest of the story.
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x
 
Dark suddenly had a genius idea. He grinned down at the unconscious Hiwatari sprawled out in front of him. Revenge was going to be sweet.
 
`What are you doing?' The phantom thief pulled out a picture of Risa and immediately his features faded into Daisuke's
 
`I'm going to let you take it from here partner.'
 
“Wha…?”
 
Dark chuckled. `You have experience.' Daisuke sat, totally baffled. Finally Dark spelled it out. `Your little friend needs mouth-to-mouth.'
 
“WHAT!” Daisuke glanced around frantically, hoping someone, ANYONE, was close enough to help. “But…but…”
 
`You do want to save him don't you?'
 
“Well yes but…”
 
`Or we could with my plan. Let him die and save ourselves the trouble later.'
 
“No…but… I don't think…”
 
There was a second of silence, then the boy in Daisuke's head softly reminded him. `He did it for you.'
 
“At the pool.” Daisuke remembered. How couldn't he? Saehara tormented him about it for weeks. “Right.” Then suddenly it struck him. “Dark! I don't know what to do!”
 
`Put your hands on his chest over his lungs. Right, like that.' Some little tick in the back of Daisuke's mind told him that Dark may not have any idea what he was doing, but he dismissed the thought. He sounded knowledgeable enough.
 
“Got it.”
 
`Press down gently to push the air out. Then you get to blow air back in.'
 
Daisuke gulped. He put both hands on either side of Satoshi's head. Slowly he bent over him. Secretly he prayed the boy would miraculously wake up, but he was out of luck.
 
“He did it for me…” he muttered.
 
He covered Satoshi's cold lips with his own. `Slowly!' Dark commanded. His eyes drifted closed as he gently blew air into the other boy's mouth. He was almost sure he tasted mint floating back into his mouth.
 
`Again.' The thief directed. `No, just take another breath and breathe in.'
 
Now that definitely struck Daisuke as being not quite right. But Dark had lived several hundred more years than he had. So Daisuke trusted him. `And hold his head so it doesn't move.'
 
Carefully Daisuke's hands framed the boy's face, fingers disappearing into his silver-blue hair. He leaned in again and their lips met. Slowly he exhaled.
 
Suddenly the boy felt Satoshi stiffen beneath him. He jerked back, hoping that he could get far away before the other boy was completely conscious. Apparently he was out of luck again. He was met with a pair of glaring eyes.
 
“What are you doing?” Satoshi had a habit of emphasizing each word when he was annoyed.
 
Daisuke felt his face turning a deep shade of red. “Uh…CPR?”
 
“That is NOT how you do CPR.”
 
Inside his head he heard Dark snicker, then chuckle. The phantom thief finally broke out in wild raucous laughter.
 
`Oi Daisuke! I forgot to mention. He was still breathing.'
 
For a moment time seemed to freeze, and Daisuke stared down in horror. Did Dark really just have him… for no reason… was it really possible? Images of their lips meeting appeared flashed through his horrified mind.
 
Satoshi glared at the other tamer practically sitting on him. “Would you mind getting off Niwa?”
 
Daisuke screeched and leapt back. “Ah! Gomen!” He scooped up all his stuff, turned and raced as fast as he could into the darkness. Even With had trouble keeping up with him.
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x
 
Towa-chan politely tried to smother a giggle behind her hand. Daiki tried to look grave but was failing miserably, while Kosuke tried to calm his hysterically giggling wife. Dark controlled himself a moment longer, but was soon joining in.
 
Daisuke was not amused. Daisuke was far from amused. `WE ARE GOING TO BED NOW! DO YOU HEAR ME?'
 
“Hai, hai,” Dark complied. He pushed himself up. “Ja,” he told the others and headed towards the stairs.
 
Daiki rubbed his temples and pitied his poor grandson. “You are terrible Dark.”
 
Up in his room Daisuke grumbled while Dark dressed for bed, still chuckling. He chucked his knapsack in a corner where he was sure was the last place Daisuke would look when he needed to leave for school in the morning. Something clinked. Dark paused and looked over curiously. There shouldn't be anything in there to clink.
 
He strode over and opened it. In his head Daisuke groaned. `Now I have to return those!'
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x
 
 
“Oi. What's your problem?”
 
Daisuke simply moaned without lifting his head from his desk.
 
“Geez man.” Takeshi Saehara jabbed the back of his head and he looked up at him. Saehara blinked a few times. “You look horrible.”
 
“Not enough sleep.”
 
Saehara nodded sympathetically. “It happens.”
 
Daisuke let his head drop back on his desk.
 
“Niwa-kun, could you… what's wrong Niwa-kun?” Riku and Risa and a few of their friends hovered over him.
 
“He didn't get any sleep yesterday.” Saehara took it on himself to announce. The girls `awwed' and expressed their pity.
 
The classroom door slid open. Several of the girls glanced over and flashed brilliant smiles. “Morning Hiwatari-kun!” They chorused. He ignored them and marched right over to where Daisuke was cursing the fact that no one bothered to listen to any of his prayers these days.
 
“Niwa. Where are they? You took them with you yesterday.”
 
Silence fell over the classroom as everyone tried to eavesdrop. Daisuke pointed at his bag. After a beat of silence it was apparent he had no intention of moving. Satoshi flipped open the bag and rifled around until he found his glasses. He dropped the bag back and perched his glasses on his nose.
 
Relief flooded Daisuke as Hiwatari walked away. He let out a breath he had been holding.
 
“And incidentally Niwa.” Something in his voice caused Daisuke to sit up suddenly. Satoshi wore a smirk very similar to one of Dark's. “If you don't tell anyone about what happened between us last night, I won't either.” He calmly sat and didn't seem to notice that every one was staring. The gazes switched to Daisuke.
 
At that moment Daisuke invented a new shade of red. People whispered behind hands and pointed. Dark started howling with laughter while his tamer dropped his head on the desk.
 
“Can I just die now?”