D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Dreaming Wings ❯ A strange confession and a lone kiss ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 2:A strange confession and a lone kiss
 
 
Dark couldn't stop wondering about Lorana as he flew home. He got back, put the artwork down and just sat down. Why would any thief in their right mind give up a stolen artwork THEY stole? he thought, That girl Lorana, she's not normal.
/Of course not, Dark,/said Daisuke, changing back, “She was able to beat you to the treasure AND talk to Satoshi without him tackling her.
/Still,/ Dark said, /She's very interesting. Hope to see her again./
Daisuke sighed, “Dark…..” He went to bed, tired, not only in body, but in mind as well.
 
The next day was pretty much the same as always. Daisuke got out of bed, got on his school clothes, ran downstairs, grabbed some breakfast, then left for school. The only difference this morning brought was now, when Daisuke got onto the train, he had someone to sit with. Sabrina was there, looking out the window when he came up, “Hi Sabrina.”
Sabrina turned to look at him and smiled, “Oh, hi Daisuke.”
Daisuke sat down, “So, Sabrina did you hear? There's a new Phantom Thief in town. It seems to be a girl, and a quick one at that. She apparently beat Dark to the artwork, a statue called the Dark Abyss. She's said to have black wings, like Darks, and red/purple eyes.”
Sabrina nodded, “I heard.”
Somehow to Daisuke, she sounded unimpressed. How could she, this was big news to everyone. Besides maybe him, Dark, Satoshi, and Krad…….and maybe that girl and her other side! Daisuke looked at Sabrina. She can't be…can she? he thought.
/Nay, Daisuke,/Dark said, /Lorana has power. This girl….well, she doesn't have any more power in her than any other kid at your school./
/Still, Dark,/ Daisuke thought,/You can never be too careful. She could be for all we know./
Sabrina looked at Daisuke. /Strange, how such a nice boy could be that thief…..eh Lorana?/ she thought with a wicked smile
/Yeah,/ Lorana said, leaning back,/How strangely fate can match us up./
The train got to the platform and the two friends got out. They both wistfully dismissed their Others and started to walk to the school. They talked, and laughed, all the while wondering about the other. When they got to the school, they quickly ran up to class. For some reason, they just knew they were late, so as fast as they could they ran. Daisuke beat Sabrina to the door and to his seat, but when she did come in, Sabrina was calmly walking in. She sat down. Daisuke stared at her, wondering now why she hadn't hurried to get to class. He didn't want to ask, but something was urging him to, aka Dark…
/Come on, ask her! You know you wanna,/Dark said,/Come on!?
/No Dark,/Daisuke said,/I'm not going to ask her ANYTHING, okay?/
/Fine,/Dark said,/Have it your way.
 
Satoshi came in and went to his seat. He was tired, and even more grumpy than usual. One again he had failed to stop a piece of artwork from getting stolen, AND failed at capturing Dark. On top of that, there was a new thief in town, and she seemed to know more than she should. How, he thought, how did she know about Krad? How?
/Come on, Satoshi, isn't it obvious? She said it herself, she sensed me within you,/said Krad,/She's a very smart girl, and such power. How fun to have now another person to get to play with, instead of just Dark./
/It still doesn't explain how she knew. She shouldn't have, she couldn't have. And also knowing about Niwa and Dark,/Satoshi said,/She just shouldn't know so much./
/Oh, she knows more than just that, dear Satoshi, much more,/Krad said.
Satoshi sighed,/I hope your just kidding, Krad. Please tell me your kidding./
But Krad just laughed. Satoshi shook his head, dismissing(or at least trying)Krad out of his mind. Of course, unlike Dark or Lorana, Krad had a stubbornness that made him impossible to dismiss.
 
Lunchtime again, a time for things to happen. Daisuke left first, and as everyone else followed, Sabrina realized she forgot to ask Daisuke if he wanted to eat with her today too! She sighed and went off the find him.
The halls seemed endless as Sabrina wandered them, looking for her red-headed friend. She almost lost hope when she saw someone. They looked unconscious, on the ground, with their right hand stretched out towards something at Sabrina's feet. She looked down, Glasses? She then got a realization, and, after grabbing the glasses from the ground, looked at the figure, “Satoshi?!?!”
She ran towards the figure. It was indeed Satoshi, unconscious. She leaned next to him and shook him, “Satoshi, come on, please wake up.”
When he didn't awaken, she looked around for a teacher. There was no one else in sight. So she helped Satoshi up, and, with his arm over her shoulder, took him to the nurses office, his glasses still in her somewhat clenched hand.
“Miss, you may leave now, “ said the nurse. Sabrina had brought Satoshi to the nurse ands she put him immediately into one of the beds. Sabrina had taken a chair next to it, and hearing the nurse, she turned to her, “No thanks, I think I'll stay.”
The nurse shrugged, “Have it your way” and left. Sabrina went back to watching Satoshi.
He just looked so peaceful, a bit of his blue hair covering a bit of his face, his glasses resting next to him, his head tilted every so slightly to the right. Sabrina couldn't help but smile and suddenly she felt like touching that soft face of his, just to feel its warm. She reached out her hand, but pulled it back, and shook her head.
It seemed hours before Satoshi finally stirred. He opened his eyes slowly and sat up, putting his hand on his face, “What happened? Why…why am I here?”
“You fainted, I guess,” Sabrina said, “I found you in the hallways, unconscious, so I brought you here.”
Satoshi looked at her, “You're that girl, Sabrina right? Why didn't you just leave me there? For all you knew, I could have been fine.”
Sabrina stared at him, “But…but that won't been right! I mean…” Sabrina felt herself blush for some reason, “You're my friend, so…..”
He stared at her, “Really?”
He turned to turned to the side of the bed and got up. Sabrina stood up as well, so quickly she nearly knocked down her chair, “No, Satoshi, you just fainted awhile ago, you should….”
That's when it all changed, in the blink of an eye.