D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Online ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Hmm.” Dark leaned back precariously in the rolling chair he'd “borrowed” from Kosuke and frowned. He hated the sound of dial-up noise. He also hated the extremely girly “fluffy kittens” wallpaper Emiko had chosen for the opening screen. But, the Angel reminded himself, at least now he had a chance to surf he web, since the Internet had been a relatively new invention. The dial-up noise stopped, signaling that the computer was online. At the top of the “favorites” roster there was a new site. Curious, Dark clicked on. Daisuke, who'd been silent until ow, noticed what he was doing and explained.
“It's a fan-fiction site. You know, for anime. People go in there and write stories about the characters. It's really cool.” He paused, wondering if he should tell Dark about the rating system. Nah. He could figure that out, surely.
The thief scrolled through the site's series listing, deciding already what he'd do. He'd pick the first series he saw, then pick the first work on the list. That would be a great way to figure out what this site was like. The cursor came to rest over a series. The two stared for a moment.
D. N. Angel
Two clicks later a story appeared on the screen. Dark and Daisuke stared for a moment, open-mouthed. They recognized their names, and facts, and…how freaky. Who was it, exactly, that supposedly “owed” them?
“Oh, well.” Dark shrugged. “All in the name of fun, I suppose.” he began reading.
 
 
“…the Angel's breath caught in his throat at the site of bare skin beneath the white wings. He wrapped his arms gently around Krad's neck, just barely touching his lips. The other responded with a fierce, passionate kiss and…”
 
 
“Urk.” Daisuke, wondering why Dark would make such a noise, skimmed the writing. His face flushed, then paled, then, like Dark's, turned a most unappealing shade of green.
“Oh, no…you…the rating system! You're supposed to check if it's yaoi, or yuri, or hentai, or whatever before you—” Daisuke was cut off as Dark suddenly stood and staggered toward the door. “Dark?”
“I need to go throw up. Be right back. Ugh…”
“We share the same body! If you throw up, I throw up.” Daisuke glanced back at the screen. At least he had good reason.
“Too bad.”
 
While the bathroom door shut behind them, the window in the study rattled and then opened, revealing Krad. The other Angel sat down on the windowsill, his brow furrowed. “I could have sworn I'd sensed Dark. Hmm, he must have gotten up.” The glowing screen caught his eye. “What's this?” he wondered aloud, scrolling back to the top and starting over.
 
-2 Hours Later-
 
The rest of the Niwa family came home to quite the household: besides the usual two-teenage-boys-left-overnight wreck, there was also Dark, passed out on the bathroom floor from dehydration, and Krad, likewise unconscious from shock. Boy, did they have some work to do. Have you ever tried to wake up a sleeping Angel?
 
 
 
And, in case you're wondering, Krad never broke into the Niwa home again.
Gee, I wonder why?
 
 
 
A/N: This is a warning to all you D. N. Angel fans that write Dark/Krad, Daisuke/Dark, Satoshi/Daisuke, etc. types of stories. They don't like it! Just look at poor Krad. * Points over her shoulder to Krad, who sits in a yellow padded room, complete with straightjacket. *
“Yaoi is a terrible thing, folks. Oh look, a horsie.”
“Didn't take your medicine today, did you Krad?”
“Horsie!”