D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Trey ❯ Meetings ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Trey
 
Chapter: 2
 
Disclaimer: In the first chapter, don't sue me for goodness' sake. It's not like you'll get any personal gain anyway. On with the story!
A/N: Thanks goes to MissyIrene and wingzero0406 for their reviews…thanks you two!! I mean it!! ^_^
 
Part 2
 
Dark stared at the blond man in front of him. So this is the famous Krad Hikari, he thought to himself. He could pass for an angel, if his eyes weren't so…cold. His thoughts were interrupted by Krad's voice. “Well Dark, you've certainly grown since I last saw you!” Dark nodded in reply, still too stunned to answer properly. As well as Krad's cold eyes, Dark's mind was filled with images of the redhead that he had seen before. The boy had an innocent beauty that was rare in anyone. He heard his mother clearing her throat, a signal that he should say something in reply, but his mouth would not work.
 
“I apologize for my son, Krad. He's just…a little shy,” Yuki said quickly. Dark played along, lowering his head. Krad nodded, trying to look like he understood, even though he didn't. After all, he wanted to keep Lady Yuki's favor-it simply would not do if she found out that Daisuke was his nephew. Dark suddenly felt a rush of disgust and contempt towards the man in front of him, even though he didn't remember the man very well-after all, the last time he had visited was when he had been around four or five. Come to think of it, he didn't remember seeing that redhead the last time he was here, either. Why, in the name of the five Hoshi*, am I thinking about him now? Perhaps it was because he was annoyed at himself for letting his mind wander, but Dark felt his disgust at Krad grow even more. Everything about the man started to annoy him-his mannerisms, his face, his smile; even his stupid hairstyle was irritating! Who would want a giant bang of hair right in the middle of their face anyway? Stupid thing, really. Lady Yuki must have also sensed her son's animosity towards the lord, for she quickly placed a small hand on Krad's shoulder and suggested that they go into the castle. Krad nodded and `graciously' escorted Lady Yuki into the castle, leaving Dark in the care of two servants who looked as though they were professional assasins.
 
In Dark's Room
 
Dark scowled fiercely at the richly furnished bedroom he had been `shown' to, although in his humble opinion, he had seen friendlier City Jails. Well. Apparently his mother and Krad-he was not going to give that stuck up prig his title!-wanted some `alone' time. Throwing himself onto the large plush red chair, Dark mulled over various activities that would keep him occupied until dinner-time. Just at that moment, the servant boy's face popped up in his mind again and being the curious boy that he was, Dark decided to track the teen down, or at least garner some information about him. Yes; Dark decided, that would do very well indeed. In fact, it might even keep him occupied after dinner. Admit it, the young lord's inner voice teased, you like him. Bouncing to his feet (and ignoring the little voice in his head), Dark walked into the corridors of Castle Hikari.
 
In The Kitchens
 
Risa Harada, one of the Harada twins, was bubbling with delight over the glimpse she had caught of Dark. The girl had been one of the many servants in the courtyard who had seen Dark and Lady Yuki arrive. At the moment, she was telling Daisuke about Dark's wonderful smile and grace-for the ninth time. However, the redhead didn't seem to care; his crush on Risa was so powerful that he would have paraded around the castle in his birthday suit just to talk to her. Satoshi passed the chatting pair for the third time since Risa had cornered Daisuke and could not repress a small smirk at the other boy, who promptly began blushing from the roots of his flame-red hair right down to the tips of his toes. The normally cool features of Satoshi Hitawari, often called the Ice Prince of the Kitchens (behind his back of course), continued to smirk at Daisuke. The servants passing by noticed the blue eyed boy's evil smirk, looked at each other, gulped and ran away, praying that they would not get into trouble. Noting the (now) homicidal look on Daisuke's face, Satoshi snickered quietly and left before he could be injured. Risa, however, babbled happily on, blissfully unaware of the silent exchange that had just gone on right under her nose. “Did you see his eyes? Aren't they the most…Dai-chan? Hello? Dai-chan?” Risa waved her hand in front of the already embarrassed Daisuke. Said boy suddenly jerked back to life and turned an even more violent shade of red.
 
“Huh? Oh, sorry, Risa-chan! I didn't…” Daisuke trailed off, his wits haven fallen out of the proverbial window long beforehand. Just then, the object of Risa's affections walked into the kitchen, amethyst eyes alight with mischief and a smirk playing around his lips. Some of the serving maids and other women in the kitchen passing Dark squealed with delight and one passed out, but other than that, everything continued as normal.
 
Daisuke blinked when he saw a woman fall to the ground at Dark's feet, but seeing that she was soon carried off by a bunch of other girls, he decided to ask the young lord what he was doing in the kitchens. So this is Dark. Well, he does look kinda nice…I just hope that he's not like Krad…Approaching the purple haired teen, Daisuke lowered his head and asked respectfully, “Excuse me my lord, are you in need of something?”
 
Dark looked around, anxious to find the redhead he'd seen earlier on in the day. The teen was a kitchen worker; he was sure of that much. A soft voice then startled him out of his daze and Dark turned his gaze towards the speaker. <What luck,> he though, <I look for someone and he comes to me instead.> Dark's smirk grew even wider, and another serving maid who just happened to be passing by squealed in delight. Looking down, Dark felt a sense of something that he couldn't quite identify grow in his chest. It made him want to grab the boy in front of him and never let go. The redhead was even more beautiful than when he'd first appeared to Dark in the courtyard. “Yes,” Dark replied, in answer to Daisuke's question. “I was looking for someone…” Dark continued, dropping a slight hint into the phrase. He expected Daisuke to pick it up and play along. However, Daisuke being as naïve as ever, frowned and looked around the kitchen.
 
“I'm sorry, but no…nobles have come down here today.”
 
Dark chuckled. “Oh no, little one. I meant…someone. But I've found him already, I see,” Daisuke could not, for the life of him, figure out what on earth the young lord in front of him was talking about. Just then, realization hit him and he flushed crimson. “What's your name?” Dark suddenly asked. Surprised (and still a little stunned from Dark's implication), Daisuke jerked his head up, forgetting who he was talking to. As a result, Dark got a better look at the redhead's face and could not hold himself back. “You're so kawaii!” the heir to Estate Metane squealed, clutching the stunned teen to his chest. Daisuke spluttered and coughed, trying desperately to regain the use of his lungs. As well as this, his wounds from the night before had reopened, and pain blazed through his senses.
 
“Gah…” Dark was startled out of his kawaii moment when he felt the young boy in his arms go limp. Looking downwards, the purple haired boy noticed that his pet's face was turning the same shade of purple as his hair. “I'm so sorry!” Dark apologized, quickly releasing the redhead. It was too late though; Daisuke fell to the floor with an audible thump. By now, a small crowd of servants had gathered around the pair, curious to see who had managed to attract the heir to Metane. Suddenly Riku, Risa's twin, shrieked in horror and pointed at Daisuke, and the growing puddle of blood in the floor. The shriek brought Satoshi rushing in. One glance at Dark, Daisuke and the blood on the floor, and Satoshi jumped to conclusions. Dark, being the only noble around, seemed to be the only person who would have the nerve to do such a thing, and Satoshi started seeing red. Daisuke was like the little brother that he had never had, and it was his duty to protect the redhead as such.
 
“You!” Satoshi shouted, pointing an accusing finger at Dark. “You beat him, didn't you?” Some small part of Satoshi's brain told him that he should not accuse the master's guests, but the blue haired boy was beyond caring now. Shoving the stray thought into the back of his head, Satoshi let the rage inside him build; who would DARE hit Daisuke anyway? Dark quickly interrupted Satoshi, before he could continue.
 
“I didn't hit him! Ask anyone here!” Risa, always the one to defend Dark (or whoever she had a crush on), vouched for the purple haired lord. Then the cook, then Akarrin, assistant to the Head Chef. One by one, the whole crowd vouched for Dark's innocence in the whole matter. Outnumbered, Satoshi could not do anything but apologize to Lady Yuki's heir. T his surprise, the young lord accepted the apology gracefully, and even made one of his own. Satoshi relaxed a little further, but grabbed Daisuke and pulled him out of the kitchen, at the same time trying to staunch the flow of blood from the redhead's cuts. Dark hesitated, unsure of whether to follow Satoshi or go back upstairs. When he caught a glimpse of Daisuke's pale face, however, Dark decided that he was going to stay by his…fine. His crush. Or love. Or whatever it was. Turning around, Dark followed Satoshi and left the servants in the kitchen to gossip over what had just happened.
 
Satoshi's Room
 
Satoshi hastily rummaged through his drawers, looking for the special herb ointment that he had gotten from Miranda (the peddler's daughter) and bandages. Unlike most of her father's remedies, Miranda's ointment actually did work wonders. Feeling another presence in the room besides that of Daisuke, Satoshi turned around and saw Dark sitting next to Daisuke's limp form, holding the red-headed boy's hand. Satoshi knew that his friend had passed out from blood loss, pain and exhaustion. After all, the boy had only had a loaf of bread at dawn, and Lord Krad had kept Daisuke running around the palace doing menial chores all morning, so it was really no surprise. Satoshi and Dark looked at each other, the awkward silence between them stretching. Finally, Dark asked quietly, “Who is he?”
 
Satoshi eyed the lord in front of him with mistrust. “Why?” he asked in reply, continuing to look for the bandages. At the silence behind him, he turned around. “Well?” the blue haired boy demanded. The look that Satoshi received from Dark was one of pure surprise. Apparently, the purple haired boy hadn't thought that his question would have been answered by anything other than the truth. Satoshi, upon seeing the slightly baffled look on Dark's face, gave in and with his ointments and bandages walked over to the bed where Daisuke was lying. “His name's Daisuke. Daisuke Niwa. I won't say any more, because it's really not my information to tell.”
 
Dark's face brightened up, and he inwardly promised himself that come hell or high water, he would win Daisuke's heart. Ooh, not in denial anymore, are we? His evil inner voice taunted.
 
<You shut up.>
 
Fine.
 
To Satoshi's surprise, Dark smiled-was it tenderly?-at the unconscious redhead. “Daisuke,” he whispered the name as though it were something precious, to be treated with the utmost care, “Daisuke Niwa.”
 
Daisuke stirred, finally returning to the living world. The first things he saw were a pair of amethyst eyes gently shimmering above him. Only one person had that eye colour… “Lord…Dark?” he croaked out.
 
 
Hoshi-In Japanese, it means star. The expression `Five Hoshi' is just what people in Trey say (no rhyme intended), similar to “What on earth…” for us. Random fact.
 
Reviews are craved and eagerly accepted…yeah. Also, I tried to make this kind of romantic, but whatever.