D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Trey ❯ Risa Finds Out ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7: Risa Finds Out
 
Disclaimer: I don't own DN Angel. End of story.
 
A/N: OK, thanks for the reviews (yes, all two of them) and keep them coming in please! KageKitsune16 and Staryday thx for the reviews and support…ya. This chapter skips onwards by about two weeks, so Daisuke and Lady Yuki should be waking up around now. Also, I apologise for any unclear thoughts in any of the previous chapters because the computer wouldn't take the symbols I used to show different people's thoughts. Warning: Frequent usage of `bastard'. Nothing stronger than that. Also, please note that I don't hate Risa, anyhow I don't think I made her too bad (did I?)
 
Amethyst eyes shot open as a soft thud echoed through the empty room. Registering that it was only one of the many pillows on the tiny bed, the eyes crinkled and you could almost see the owner's sheepish expression. Dark shifted slightly and turned his head to look at Daisuke, whom he expected to be still unconscious. To his immense surprise though, he felt the redhead's hand in his gently clenching. It was just a momentary thing, but Dark would be willing to swear in front of the High Lords that he felt it. The next thing he knew, he heard the bed creaking slightly and a whisper that was definitely not from him floated through the room. “Oww…”
 
Dark was so elated at this that he fairly shrieked in delight. “Dai-chan!” he squealed like an obsessed fan girl. “You're awake!”
 
Daisuke shifted slightly in the bed. He tried to open his eyes, but the lids felt too heavy. He tried to talk, but his lips wouldn't move. They were too dry. Daisuke was then made aware of something on his hand, and the way the wind blew across his bare arms. He couldn't move them though-like the rest of his body, they felt like dead lumps of lead. However, his hand shifted slightly and Daisuke, tired though he was, felt a surge of elation go through him. The slight movement caused pain to go through his arm though, and he whispered, “Oww…” A loud shriek assaulted his sensitive ears, and Daisuke winced slightly. A soft purple light filled the room, and Daisuke tried to think of people who could do magic that he knew. Satoshi the was only one who came up on his mental list-the blue-haired boy had been forced to use his power to stop Daisuke from collapsing when Krad beat him too much a handful of times. His magic was blue though, not purple. So who was it then? His mind flashed back to the shriek, and Daisuke realised that he'd heard it before-from Dark when he'd first walked into the kitchen and hugged Daisuke. Dark was in here? Since when did lords care about servant boys anyway?
 
The door burst open and four healers, all holding their special healing kits rushed into the room. “What's going on?” A tall, burly man demanded. Dark quickly turned around and flushed in embarrassment as he realised that he'd probably been just a little too loud. One of the other healers rushed towards the bed and began checking Daisuke over. The redhead promptly groaned at this and the woman's face lit up with a smile.
 
“Congratulations, Lord Dark,” she told the purple haired lord. “Your…friend's better,” she continued. It was obvious that she saw that Dark thought of Daisuke as more than a friend, but she didn't say anything, for which Dark blessed her silently. The other healers, however, were not so subtle. The burly man nudged his friend and both of them grinned at each other. Dark sighed as another lady healer smacked the grinning men over the head with her hand. After this little incident, the healers all departed the room and left Dark sitting with Daisuke, alone once again. =Daisuke, you'd better get well soon,= thought Dark to himself.
 
“Dark?” The young lord heard his name being whispered, and his head quickly jerked downwards to look at the younger teen. To his growing delight, he saw that Daisuke had finally managed to open his eyes. Not for the first time, Dark was struck by the ethereal and innocent beauty that the other teen possessed. Not knowing what he was doing, Dark placed his hand on Daisuke's face and caressed it gently. Leaning down, he kissed the younger boy's lips and marvelled at their softness. To his amazement, he felt the lips under his moving slightly. Pulling away, Dark felt a sense of guilt invade his senses-he felt like he was molesting a child even though he knew that Daisuke was around his age. Smiling slightly and reassured that Daisuke was going to pull through, the purple-eyed boy sat back down in his chair and fell asleep in a few moments.
 
Next morning:
 
Dark blinked and scowled slightly as the birdsong right outside his window woke him up bright and early in the morning. The sunshine beamed in through the window and lit up Daisuke's face especially, making it seem to glow. Dark smiled at the ruby-eyed boy, knowing that he was just asleep now. The purple haired boy slowly closed his eyes and enjoyed the moment. To his disappointment, creepy bastard knocked on the door just to announce his presence and then walked in without waiting for an answer. Dark glared at the door as it opened, and then started laughing. The Ice Prince was holding a huge food loaded tray. This wasn't what made Dark laugh though-it was the fact that there was so much food on the tray that Satoshi's head was completely hidden by it. In fact, Dark was amazed that the teenager had managed to make it up the stairs into the Healers' Bay without dropping anything or crashing into someone. “Morning,” Satoshi said, his voice softer than usual. “Is he better?”
 
Dark nodded. This question, like the bringing of loaded food trays up to Daisuke's room, had become something of a ritual with the two boys. For two weeks-ever since Krad's attack, Dark had stayed by Daisuke's side and Satoshi had given him food and whatever he needed to keep himself occupied. The long hours of boredom that Dark had felt were only relieved by the blue-haired boy's visits and the ray of hope that shone through every time Daisuke shifted or moved his lips. Today though, Dark felt nothing but sheer joy. The joy of being alive. The joy of having people who cared for you, even if they didn't show it. “Good morning Satoshi!” The teen bounced out of his chair and grabbed the tray of food, his face showing more delight and happiness than usual. Satoshi blinked. There was only one thing that could make Dark that happy…
 
“Daisuke's awake, I take it?” Satoshi inquired. Dark nodded happily, his wild bangs flying up and down his face.
 
“Yes! It was so cool, it was real late at night see, and I heard this thump so I woke up, right? Then…” Dark babbled on, giving a blow-by-blow account of Daisuke's `coming around'. Satoshi rolled his eyes, but inwardly he was just as happy as Dark was. They make such a cute couple…wait a minute! What am I thinking?! Satoshi shook his head to clear it of romantic thoughts. ~Oh, to hell with that,~ Satoshi's evil half broke in. ~They make a cute couple. Denying it won't make matters easier, so just admit it. Go on-Daisuke and Dark make a cute couple.~ Satoshi growled and smacked himself in the forehead, causing Dark to look up from stuffing his face. “Mmmph…Satoshi, `re you `kay?” Dark stared at his friend with puzzled amethyst orbs.
 
“Wha..?” Daisuke looked around to see that Dark and Satoshi were both in the room. Suppressing a groan of pain, he slowly pulled himself up into a sitting position on the bed. That gesture did it-both Dark and Satoshi rushed over to the bed, admonishing him and trying to make him lie back down again. “Daisuke, you shouldn't be doing that, especially not when you're injured! You need as much rest as possible,” Satoshi said. Dark snickered from behind him. “What?” Satoshi demanded irritably. The depressed, sad boy that he had become when Daisuke hadn't been around was now gone, replaced by the old, irritable Head of the Kitchens. Dark smiled widely.
 
“Welcome back.”
 
Even Daisuke had to snicker slightly at this comment as Satoshi glared at Dark. Of course, this soon stopped when the blue-haired boy stalked over to the lord and grabbed his ear. Ow! Yelled Evil Dark. For someone who doesn't seem to do anything other than order people around, he sure has a strong grip! Dark mirrored these sentiments and yelped. “OUCH! Stop hurting my ear, creepy bastard!” Daisuke turned bright red at Dark's strong language. Unfortunately, this comment didn't help the hapless young lord as Satoshi only strengthened his grip on the other boy's ear. Dark squirmed in pain and the expression on his face was priceless.
 
“Say sorry,” Satoshi said dryly, “and I'll consider letting go.”
 
Dark growled. “Me? Say sorry? Shouldn't you be saying sorry? You're the one who's pinching my ear!”
 
“You're the one who called me a…word that shouldn't be repeated in front of Daisuke.”
 
“Oh?” Dark's lips curled upwards into his normal, cocky smirk. “Is that so…” Suddenly, a cloud of purple smoke engulfed him and he disappeared, only to reappear behind Satoshi (although well out of reach, Daisuke noticed). “Now, you were saying?” Dark asked sweetly. Satoshi rolled his eyes, muttered under his breath and then plopped down into the chair next to Daisuke's bed. “Daisuke, how are you feeling?” he asked.
 
“Fine,” the redhead replied. “My chest hurts a bit, but that's all really.”
 
A novice healer entered the room and smiled when she saw Dark and Satoshi. The blue-haired boy had become a regular visitor ever since Daisuke had come into the Bay, and Lord Dark practically lived here, again ever since the little redhead had come in. Of course, Lady Yuki probably played some part in it too, but being something of a fangirl, she preferred the idea that Dark stayed for Daisuke (^_^).
 
“Guys, stop it,” pleaded Daisuke, trying to be the peacemaker like always. The two just looked at him and then continued to shoot looks at each other from opposite ends of the room. Satoshi, however, seemed to snap out of his Dark-induced fury and he immediately twisted around in the chair and started trying to make Daisuke lie down again with just about every method known to man. “Please Daisuke, you have to lie down if you don't want to hurt yourself more!” Satoshi pleaded, his voice even going up an octave to make him sound a little like a woman (Dark sniggered at the thought of Satoshi being a mother hen). Then he tried chastising the boy, sounding exactly like a stern father. The (now rather distraught) blue-eyed boy was unsuccessfully trying to stop Dark from making clucking noises and persuade Daisuke to stop mockingly calling him, `Mom'.
 
After the whole fiasco was finally over, Riku walked into the room with a heavy scowl on her face and of course, her omnipresent Rolling Pin O' Doom. The Ice Prince took one look at her and immediately broke out into cold sweat. Hm, you think creepy bastard has a liking for Riku? Evil Dark casually asked. Dark's face broke out into an evil smirk. ~Let's test that theory, shall we?~ The purple haired lord proceeded to belt out an old children's song. “Satoshi and Riku, sitting in a tree, K-I---ack!” He was promptly thrown onto the floor and beaten up by a red-faced pair of kitchen staff. “Oh, come off it guys, I was just joking! Right, Dai-chan?” Dark pleaded with the cute ruby-eyed boy, who was vainly trying to break the fight up from the confines of his bed.
 
Satoshi and Riku finally left (much to Dark's relief), and once again the redhead and the purple-head were left alone in the room. “Um…how are you Daisuke?” Dark asked. Great question, Evil Dark mocked. Daisuke smiled slightly at Dark. “I'm fine, the wounds just hurt a little. I'll pull through though!” he added cheerfully, his optimism shining through. Dark's face immediately lit up and the smirk reappeared on his face as though by magic. Daisuke swallowed and wondered what the purple haired teen was thinking. He looked kind of cute with that face on…wait a minute! Did he just think of Dark as `cute'? Sure, they'd kissed and stuff, but he didn't have any `serious' feelings towards the other boy…right?
 
Kiss him, kiss him, kiss him, kiss him…YAY! Evil Dark cheered loudly as Dark moved towards Daisuke, a hungry look in his purple eyes. Daisuke blinked. “Uh…Dark? What are you doing?”
 
Dark's smirk grew wider and he leaned inwards towards the redhead. “What I always do to you,” he whispered. Daisuke frowned. Dark chuckled slightly at the bemused look on the other boy's face. ~So innocent.~
 
Daisuke blushed as he realised how close he was to the handsome young lord. “Da-Da-Dark, w-what are you doing?” Dark grinned widely and pressed his lips to Daisuke's. The little redhead could only gasp and whimper as pleasure assaulted his senses over and over again, and his hands came up to wrap themselves around Dark's neck as he kissed the purple haired teen feverishly. Dark moaned quietly as he reciprocated the favour and his hands started to roam across Daisuke's body. The two pulled away, panting and gasping for breath, their heads still spinning from the intensity of everything. As though drawn together by a magnet, Dark leaned forward and captured Daisuke's lips with his own again, and he felt the red-eyed boy respond eagerly. They kissed like this for a while until the door swung open and a soft cough interrupted their moment. The two lovers pulled apart quickly, Daisuke's face bright red with embarrassment. Satoshi entered the room, looking quite amused at the pair of them.
 
“You know,” the blue haired boy commented, “If I didn't know Daisuke as well as I do, I would have thought that you and he were about to do the---mmph,” Dark have slapped his hand over Satoshi's mouth, not letting him finish his sentence. The blue-haired boy glared at the lord, who only shrugged. Daisuke, however, was extremely puzzled. He didn't understand what his best friend was implying, and being naturally curious he asked.
 
“What're you talking about, Satoshi?” Satoshi's face remained the same, but his blue eyes danced with evil amusement. Dark, on the other hand, was extremely embarrassed. For some reason, he didn't want to spoil Daisuke's innocence by telling him exactly what the blue-haired boy was implying. Satoshi rolled his eyes from behind Dark's hand, and he looked so comical that Daisuke couldn't resist the urge to burst out laughing. “You look so funny Sato-chan!” The ruby-eyed boy laughed.
 
Dark caught onto what Daisuke had said and immediately began giggling. “Wow Satoshi, I didn't know you were a girl…”
 
“Shut up!” Satoshi growled slightly. He didn't like being called `Sato-chan', and especially not by Dark. Just then, the door swung open again to reveal a teary-eyed Risa who was being supported by her sister. “Daisuke!” The younger brunette squealed. “You're alive!” The girl collapsed onto Daisuke's bed, burying her head in his chest and sobbing loudly. Satoshi, Riku and Dark all looked at each other and tried to hide their snickers of amusement. Daisuke, on the other hand, looked very uncomfortable. When he was younger, he might have given an arm and a leg gladly to have Risa hug him and show that she was concerned for him. Now…though…things were different. Somehow, Daisuke just didn't feel the giddiness than ran through him whenever he saw Risa when he had been younger. Somewhere along the line, though, those feelings had disappeared.
 
Dark, after trading looks with Satoshi and Riku, watched Risa like a hawk. He didn't want her pawing his Daisuke. Hold on…his Daisuke? Since when had the possessive thing slipped into this whole game, anyway? Sure, he'd had a thing for Daisuke since he first laid eyes on the teen, but that didn't mean anything…right?
 
Oh yeah sure, Evil Dark taunted. Of course it doesn't mean anything. Just like the way your carrying Daisuke up these cursed stairways regardless of yourself meant anything.
 
~You have a point.~
 
Of course I do. Dark could just hear the smugness in his evil half's mental voice. I always do. I'm always your guiding light, your not-so-pleasant half.
 
~For once, you're actually serious,~ Dark observed wryly.
 
I always am, Evil Dark retorted. Funnily enough though, Dark couldn't hear any sarcasm or quirkiness in his inner demon's voice. You just choose to ignore it.
 
This was annoying. ~Oh Five Hoshi, I'm going mad. Something in my head's telling me that I'm ignoring myself. You know what? Just…shut up and leave me alone.~ Dark knew that he couldn't really be left alone, seeing as the other voice also resided inside him, but…well, he'd settle for a little peace.
 
Just think about what I said, and get your feelings sorted out once and for all, Dark Mousy! With those parting words, Evil Dark went back to the innermost corners of Dark's brain and disappeared from Dark's consciousness. Satoshi looked at Dark from behind Riku, and subtly pointed at Daisuke and Risa. Dark whipped around just in time to see Risa snuggle into Daisuke's chest, now apparently satisfied that he was going to recover in time. Dark felt an odd feeling rise up in his chest. He'd never felt this new, unfamiliar feeling before but right now, he felt like yanking Risa off Daisuke, tossing her onto the floor and then pulling Daisuke into a long, slow kiss-just to show Risa who was boss.
 
Satoshi watched the proceedings in front of him with great amusement. His blue eyes flickered from Risa and Daisuke on the bed to Dark, who was currently glaring at the young brunette like he wanted to kill her and feed her remains to the dogs. The blue-haired boy decided to do something that he would not normally do; use his small amount of magical power to read Dark's mind. Okay, the chances of it being blocked off were extremely high, but…well, the young lord's mind was probably too focused on the little scenario in front of him to notice a small needle working its way into his mind. Satoshi shut his eyes, pretending to ignore the pair on the bed and concentrated on channelling his power into Dark's mind. To his immense surprise (and delight), he found that Dark's mind was just as open as Daisuke's or Riku's was. He smirked inwardly as he felt Dark's emotions being communicated to him, jealousy being the predominant one at the moment. However, his amusement was short-lived as Dark turned around and glared at him. “Stop probing into my mind!” growled the amethyst-eyed boy. His tone of voice was enough to bring Daisuke and Risa out of their own little world and the two's heads whipped around. Daisuke went red to the roots of his hair and stammered out something incoherent, whilst Risa looked at Dark with (Satoshi privately thought) hearts in her eyes. Dark was, however, oblivious to this as he glared angrily at everyone around him. Normally he left his mind unguarded because most people didn't have the ability to read minds anyways, and also because those who could often thought that there was nothing of value in his head anyway. Risa, on the other hand, thought that the murderous expression on Dark's face was because he was jealous of her hugging Daisuke and therefore she bounced off the bed and hugged Dark, oblivious as ever. Dark, on the other hand, had other ideas. Daisuke was his. His. He was going to have to show Risa just exactly who Daisuke belonged to. Okay, sure, she might just be happy, but Dark couldn't bear the thought of anyone touching his Daisuke in a more-than-friendly way. Except him, of course. To Satoshi's amusement, the purple-haired young lord stalked over to Daisuke (who still looked embarrassed) and glared, looking a little similar to an offended cat. He then turned his gaze onto Risa, who immediately `turned on the waterworks' (as they sometimes say in Chinese). Ignoring the sniffling girl, Dark promptly scooped Daisuke up in his arms and pressed his mouth over the other boy's, ignoring the muffled protests.
 
Daisuke had barely enough time to register that Dark seemed rather unhappy about something before he felt himself being lifted gently by the other boy and then kissed. He turned crimson as his mind reminded him that there were other people in the room. However, any objections that he might voiced were soon wiped away as he gave in to the warm and fuzzy feeling that Dark was giving him. The choking noises that Risa and Riku were making, as well as the priceless look on Satoshi's face faded into the background and Daisuke focused on Dark's lips pressing on his.
 
Satoshi was torn between the insane urge to laugh and blush at the same time. He hadn't thought that Daisuke would have been so comfortable with showing public displays of emotion with another boy, Lord Dark no less. Oh well, thought his sentimental side, let them have their time together. Those two belong together. Satoshi just sighed and averted his eyes, more out of politeness than anything else. Risa, on the other hand, did not take the information so calmly. Riku just stared and then began grinning. Some couples were just too cute for words…
 
Risa sobbed and stammered, “L-lord D-d-d-Dark, I…” Unable to find the words to describe what she felt, the young brunette burst into loud sobs. Riku just looked at her younger sister and quickly hustled the girl out of the room, but not before winking at both Daisuke and Dark. After the two girls were gone, Satoshi looked at the (now official) couple.
 
“Well,” he said dryly, “you gave the girls quite a shock, I must say,” After a moment's pause, he added, “Congratulations.”
 
Daisuke didn't know what to say. Part of him wanted to hide under the covers and never come out, but another part of him wanted to just tell Satoshi to shut up. However, he was saved from having to make a suicidal decision by Dark, who grabbed Daisuke possessively. Satoshi snickered at the look on the young lord's face as he glared at the door the two girls had just left through. As though he'd just thought of it, the amethyst-eyed boy rushed to the door, threw it open and yelled, “He's mine, Risa! Mine! Keep your hands off him!” After that incident, he closed the door again and turned around to face Daisuke and Satoshi (who were both very shocked). “You were saying?”
 
Suddenly, a cold blast of icy wind burst in through the door, and the whole room was filled with a cold, blue mist. The three boys couldn't see two inches in front of them, and groped around, frantically trying to feel each other. Dark and Satoshi suddenly heard Daisuke scream, although very faintly. They both tried to locate the redhead, but a cold and hard object whacked them in the backs of their heads and they both fell to the ground, unconscious.
 
Daisuke:
 
Daisuke gasped in pain as tiny, icy needles pierced through him from the cold. His chest wound flared up again and he could only whimper and shut his eyes. As he passed out, the last thing he heard was Krad's laughter.
 
Hospital room:
 
Dark groaned as he slowly regained consciousness. His purple eyes opened and he frowned, trying to remember the events of the last few minutes. Everything came flooding back to him and he quickly sat up and looked around, ignoring the throbbing pain in his head. Satoshi, funnily enough, lay next to him. Dark quickly began shaking the boy and trying to wake him up. Luckily, the blue-haired boy recovered quickly and they two boys immediately burst out of the room. Apparently, no one had heard the commotion inside Daisuke's room.
 
Cliffhanger! Ok, I swear I'm going to kill Krad off once and for all in the next chapter. I think this one's the second last, so we're almost done! Reviews are craved and greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, I may not update for quite a while because I have to go to KK for a school trip…yeah. Thanks for everything guys!
 
Shoutouts:
 
KageKitsune16: Thank you for all the reviews and support you've given me, sorry I forgot to tell you that the `new' chapter was the old chapter re-posted due to typos. Thanks again! Also I love your reviews, they always make me laugh a little (in a good way!)
 
Staryday: Lol thanks so much for the (actually quite substantial) reviews and all the support. Uh…yeah. Sorry about the confusion last time ^_^
 
Others: Um, sorry I kinda forgot your pennames already (author smiles sheepishly) but thank you for everything. Really.