Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Cupid's Arrows ❯ What's this? ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Miyu woke up to the darkness of her lone room. Still blinking, she turned her head to the direction of her clock.
6:30 AM
Turning once again to the ceiling, she seemed to admire the wallpaper of the room. Her head suddenly spun with confusion as she attempted to remember what happened yesterday. It all seemed be a blur to her right now. All of a sudden she sat up. Kanata. She plopped back down, arms spread wide apart. He brought me here. She made the decision to get up and go out of her room. She got her slippers and walked towards the door.
When she got down from the stairs, she was not surprised to see her father cooking breakfast and her brother watching television. Quietly she crept towards her father. When she came close enough, she wrapped her arms across his eyes playfully. The man smiles at this and recognized what this was.
 
“MIYU!” Yuu shouted cheerfully.
 
“You guessed right! So, what's for breakfast?” said the happy girl smelling the aroma of the delicious food.
 
“Just the usual, Miyu.”
 
“Ok.” She hollered as she ran up the stairs again. “I'm going for a walk. I'll come back after ten minutes.” She went down, ready to go. “See ya!” She ran through the door.
 
Miyu started her jog to the block when she noticed a familiar face in the market.
 
“Kanata! Hey!” Miyu shouted.
 
“What?!” Kanata said spotting Miyu. She came running across the road.
 
“Be careful!”
 
“Don't worry,” she reassured him while arriving beside him, next to the counter.
 
“Can I help you carry those?”
 
“If you insist…”
 
The two went down the road they came from. They walked halfway without speaking to each other.
 
“Hey, Miyu…” Kanata whispered.
 
“What is it?”
 
“Um…when you are sleeping, can you feel anything? Anything at all?”
 
“Well, yeah. That reminds me… when I woke up this morning my lips were tingling.” Miyu gave Kanata a sharp look. “Did you do that to me?”
 
“Me? Ahh…well…I…” Kanata fell in loss of words. “Don't get mad…but it was an accident!” Kanata was getting ready to be struck by a powerful blow.
 
“I don't mind.” She simply said and walked ahead.
 
“You don't?” Kanata said catching up.
 
“Only if you do it like this…” She jumped up and caught Kanata's lips in mid-air. Kanata was surprised and fell over.
 
“What did you do that for?” Kanata asked desperately.
 
“Do you mind?”
 
“Truthfully, I don't. Let's get the groceries and go home, ok?” He said while hiding his blush.
 
“Well, ok…”

~ after they dropped off the groceries and went home…~
 
“Thanks, Miyu…” He leaned over and kissed her on the cheek.
 
“I-I'll better b-be going now…to my…you know…house…bye…” She said, blushing and running across the street. She arrived on her front porch and waved at him. He, in turn, waved back.
 
“I liked the kiss…” She whispered to herself while caressing the cheek Kanata laid his lips on.
“Miyu! Get ready for school!” She could hear her father shouting through the door.
 
“YES!!!” She hurried in and upstairs.
 
~in school~
 
“I have an announcement, everyone!” Aya said, getting the attention of her classmates.
 
“The Film Festival is drawing near so I have selected a play for us to act in!”
 
“What is it called?”
 
 
“Sleeping Beauty.” (I'm basing this to the Disney Version)
 
Everyone screamed and squealed.
 
“I would also like for us to vote for our characters. Any nominations?”
 
Nanami raised her hand. “I nominate Miyu Kozuki as Princess Aurora”
 
“Who else nominates her?”
 
Almost everybody raises their hand.
 
“Ok, Miyu is the Princess. The Prince?”
 
“I nominate Seiya Yaboshi as Prince Stefan.
 
“Ok. How about Maleficent, the King and Queen and the Three Good Fairies?”
 
They continued this until everybody got their part.
 
~a week of practice, costume rehearsals~
 
The whole class practiced hard, including Kanata, who helped Seiya in his part as Prince Stefan.
 
“Wow! My dress looks lovely!” Miyu exclaimed. “Don't you think so, Kanata, aahhmm, teacher?”
 
“Yeah you look really attractive.”
 
“I do?”

“Maybe…” Kanata smirks as Miyu pouts.
 
“Well, you did say I was really attractive…”
 
“Where's my leading lady?!?!” Aya is calling out for the actors and actresses of the play. “The rehearsals will start in 5 minutes. Be ready!”
 
“You better go out there or Aya's gonna throw a fit.”
 
“Okay.”