Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Making True A Promise ❯ Apparitions ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Isidora: I last updated this story in 2005. Let's see if I can continue it. I sure do not want to add this in my list of discontinued stories.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Daa! Daa! Daa!
 
Apparitions
 
Kanata woke up from his dream, startled. He panted as if he ran across miles.
 
“What was that?” He asked himself as flashbacks of his dream appeared clearly on his mind.
 
In his mind was a girl with long brown hair in her kimono hanging loosely in her back. She was facing a young cherry tree, which was letting go of its pink blossoms. He watched her as she slowly touched the tree.
 
“Takeshi… The war is over. Everyone's back. You're the only one who is not.” Tears fell from the girl's eyes.
 
“Does this mean…”
 
The wind blew swiftly.
 
“Takeshi.” The girl bit her lip. “Do you remember your promise?”
 
She paused and looked up at the braches of the cherry blossoms. “I told you if you take my heart with you, don't take it where I can't follow you.”
 
The girl fell on her knees slowly, her hands on her face trying to catch all the tears which have fallen, her body shaking. “Where do I look for you now?”
 
Kanata sighed. “This dream, could the girl be Tsukishino?”
 
---+
 
Kanata, Santa and the rest of Miyu's closest friends in school together with Tsukishino gathered in the temple hall. They sat themselves in the floor in a full circle.
 
“So what's the plan now? What will happen?” Aya asked inquisitively.
 
“I'm sorry for causing so much trouble.” Tsukishino said bowing down.
 
“I'm sure we can fix this problem.” Kanata smiled to comfort Tsukishino. “I should be able to think of something. I am a son of a monk after all. It would have been easier though if my old man was here. I'm sure he'd know what to do.”
 
“We haven't thought of anything at all.” Nanami said her eyes downcast.
“Kanata, do you know what will happen to Miyu if Tsukishino's wish does not come true?” Christine said worry in her eyes.
 
Kanata looked straight at her before looking out of the temple door. The sun was already setting, the sky turning velvety.
 
“We shouldn't be thinking of what if-s! We'll be able to think of something! There are six of us here!” Santa said trying to lift the spirits of his companions.
 
“Right!” Santa said as he stood up. “There's no point sitting here! I will go and research about this!”
 
The three other girls nodded.
 
“Santa's right! We shouldn't be disheartened! For Miyu and Tsukishino's sake!” Aya said as she stood as well.
 
Nanami smiled. “You're right. Tsukishino has to make her wish come true and Miyu has to come back. This is our mission! We will get through this!”
 
Christine nodded and Kanata smiled out of gratefulness.
 
Before they left, Santa walked up to Kanata and patted him on the back. “We'll do everything! We won't give up!”
 
---+
 
It was quiet during dinner time.
 
“It's pretty quiet without Miyu here.” Wannya remarked.
 
Kanata shot a look at Wannya.
 
Wannya panicked. “Of course, Tsukishino is very welcome.”
 
Wannya plastered a fake smile. “I'm sorry Tsukishino. It's just different without Miyu. It feels like something is wrong even Master Ruu seems to understand.”
 
Wannya watched as even Peppo ate less than half of what he used to.
 
“I understand.” She smiled sadly. “Miyu is very important to all of you.”
 
---+
 
Kanata looked up at the night sky when Tsukishino sat beside him.
 
“Don't worry there is a way. I'm sure of it. I just don't know how to do it but I'll do what I can to find out.” Kanata said assuring Tsukishino who stayed quiet the whole time she was there.
 
Tsukishino hugged Miyu's legs. “Kanata… What do you feel for Miyu?”
 
Kanata looked at Tsukishino, his eyes wide.
 
He looked away again. “Miyu is like a routine. I guess I have been so used to seeing her everyday and not having to see her is difficult. It's like something I can't get used to now.”
 
Tsukishino looked at Kanata while his eyes wandered in the sky. “Oh I see.”
 
“What is she like?”
 
Kanata showed a half-smile. “She's a warm-hearted person. She's hard-headed, hot-tempered and doesn't know when to give up.”
 
“She sounds like a really wonderful person.” Tsukishino said as she touched her chest to feel her heartbeat.
 
She took one look at Kanata. `Miyu's heart is happy to hear that that's what you think of her.'
 
---+
 
“Kanata” His mother said as she placed a cap on his head. “We're going to the department store today. There will be a lot of people there so you have to listen to Mama.”
 
The three year old Kanata nodded and looked attentively to his mother.
 
“When you're lost, don't go search for Mama. Mama will look for you. You stay in one place and count one to ten several times when you've counted your tenth one to ten, Mama will be there right in front of you.”
 
Kanata held onto his mother's skirt. “Mama, I won't let go.”
 
“I will try not to let go of you too. I wouldn't want that either. But Kanata, these things happen and I just want you to be ready when it does happen.”
 
“Mama, if you're not there on my tenth one to ten, what will I do?” Kanata asked.
 
His mother smiled at his pro-activeness. “You tap one nice lady and tell her you want to go to customer service. Kanata, can you remember that? Say customer service.”
 
“Costo… costumer shervish”
 
“Well done!” Her mother smiled.
“What happens in costumer shervish?”
 
“If mama can't find you, you will have to make Mama hear your voice so I can follow it.” His mother said as she stood, holding his hand.
 
“Mama, will you hear me from anywhere?”
 
“Of course I will!” She laid a kiss on Kanata's cheek. “Mama will be there for you. Just whisper it to the wind and the wind will deliver the message.”
 
She hugged him close as she whispered.
 
“Kanata, send the message to the wind and we will deliver it for you. Just send it.”
 
---+
 
Kanata woke up from his dream. The dawn just started breaking. He got out of his futon and sprinted to his father's room, scavenging his father's trunk full of mantras.
 
He blew the dust off the cover of the book he was holding and dusted it with his right hand. “This is it. Help me, Okaa-san.”
 
---+
 
To be continued
 
---+
 
Isidora: It's been so long since I last posted for this story so I am pretty excited about it so I didn't double check the grammar or spelling. Will do that in the morning! Hope you liked it! Leave a review if you can!