Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess ❯ Unexpected happenings II ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: First of all, THANKYOU for all those wonderful reviews. It truly motivated me to update as soon as possible. I was so happy. So please continue to be such awesome fans!!
And besides, all my exams are over. So I am free to update at last.
Enjoy! ^ ^
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Daa! Daa! Daa!
 
 
Chapter 5
Unexpected happenings II
 
 
 
Recap ** The other men pushed Mizuno out of the way, gagged Miyu with a piece of cloth and hoisted her onto a ship, docked nearby. Miyu put up a good struggle but what could she do without her sword against so many muscled men.
 
Mizuno couldn't believe that those men pulled off such a stunt in broad daylight. And already, passers-by were trying to board the ship to save Miyu.
 
And then something happened that made Mizuno's heart skip a beat- The ship unfurled a deadly looking flag with a sinister looking Skull.
 
It was a pirate ship!
And it was already sailing away…..
 
Too many things were happening in Miyu's life. And she didn't like it one bit. **
 
 
“This is just perfect.” one of the pirates said “We go looking for the princess and she walks straight into our arms.”
Miyu's eyes opened wide with shock.
 
They knew who she was and what's more, they had been looking for her.
 
 
Miyu squirmed and struggled to break free from the man carrying her on his shoulder, emitting muffled sounds through her gag.
“Stay put, princess!” the man ordered.
 
 
The men took her down to one of the cabins and literally tossed her into the dark and filthy room.
“Your chamber, my lady.” the man said sarcastically. The others stupidly guffawed and cheered him on.
 
Miyu struggled to sit up straight. But it was difficult, owing to the fact that her hands and legs were tied up. She glared angrily at the men.
 
 
They laughed some more and one of them retorted, “Oh, looks like this one is a bit feisty.” He walked up to her and said, “That's no way for a dignified `princess' to behave. Speaking of which, I haven't even allowed you to introduce yourself properly….”
He reached out and untied the gag from her mouth.
 
 
The first thing Miyu did, once her mouth was free, was to scream. And she screamed out the first name that came to her head…
 
“KANATAAA!!!”
 
Thwack!!!
 
 
Miyu's voice disappeared as she sat frozen stiff in her place… her left cheek sporting a bright red sore.
 
Poor princess Miyu had just received her first … and most cruel slap. Her eyes welled up with tears of pain and frustration.
 
 
“Stupid girl!” the man muttered as he tied up the gag again. “I should have known you were going to do something like that. Well I have news for you, girl. We're a good distance from the shore right now. This `Kanata' person wouldn't have even heard you.”
 
 
The men locked her inside and went on deck. She heard them say, “How are we going to explain this to Chief?”, before she was left all by herself.
 
“What's going to happen to me?” she thought, as she crawled to the cleanest corner she could find. “Please help me, somebody.”
 
 
Back on shore,
 
 
“Kanata, slow down” wheezed Mizuki as he tried to keep pace with a running Kanata, “We told the girls we'll meet them back at the house, didn't we?”
 
“I just need to ask Miyu about some medicine she wanted.” he lied …“I just have this horrible feeling that she's in some sort of trouble.”
 
“But why are we running?” complained Mizuki, but he tagged along anyway.
Kanata suddenly came to a halt and Mizuki crashed right into him “What's wrong with you, man?” he groaned “You can't just…”
 
 
“Shhh!” cut in Kanata, “Do you hear that? It sounds like Mizuno.”
Mizuki straightened up and listened “You're right.” he agreed, “…and she seems to be arguing.”
“Come let's hurry.” Said Kanata and dashed off to where Mizuno was.
 
 
Mizuno was frantically trying to get help from the sailors on shore. “Please…” she begged “You've got to help the poor girl!!”
 
Everyone just shook their heads and turned away saying that it would be suicide to chase pirates. Mizuno was indeed aware of the dangers of pursuing a pirate ship. But she would be responsible for whatever happened to Miyu. And that was something she didn't want.
 
 
Just when all hope was running out, she spotted Kanata and Mizuki running towards her.
“What happened?” asked Kanata, seeing her panic-stricken face, “Where's Miyu?”
 
 
Mizuno quickly told them about what had just happened and finally broke down into tears.
“I…I couldn't do anything. The ship just went away” she sobbed, pointing to the pirate ship which was a good distance from the shore, and still sailing away.
 
 
“It's alright. It's not your fault.” consoled Mizuki as he gently put his arms around her, “Kanata, we've got to find some help.”
 
“I know” he replied angrily, “But who the heck is going to help.”
 
 
“Pardon me,” said a voice from behind him.
Kanata turned around and saw a young man with long blonde hair, tied in a loose pony tail. His purple-blue eyes twinkled as he asked, “Did I hear something about a girl being kidnapped?”
 
 
“Oh, Alan!” exclaimed Mizuno “I'm so glad to see you.”
Mizuno urgently told him about their need for a ship to save Miyu.
Alan replied “Your friend is in danger! My ship has just docked on shore. We can use it.”
 
 
The three of them graciously thanked Alan, rushed to his ship and started their pursuit. All hope was not lost, yet.
 
 
Meanwhile, back on the pirate ship,
 
 
Miyu was hoping that the pirates would leave her alone for a while, no matter how unlikely it sounded.
Just then, she heard some noises from outside. Her blood went cold. They were back already, and it had hardly been a couple of minutes.
 
But as they neared, she heard a woman's voice… and she seemed to arguing. Miyu wondered if this was another hostage.
 
 
Just then the door was slammed open and Miyu saw a young man enter the room, followed by the men who had kidnapped her.
But as the young man approached closer, Miyu realized that it was a woman.
 
 
Miyu mistook this fact because this woman had short orange hair and wore the same sort of clothes that the pirates were wearing. She couldn't see her face too clearly because it was still quite dark.
 
 
The woman walked right up to Miyu and stared at her intently. Then, without warning, she took out a dagger and said in a low voice “Stay still, Goldie”
“Oh no” thought Miyu “A woman pirate! Just great!”
 
 
The woman raised the dagger threateningly. Miyu immediately shut her eyes, waiting for the dagger to pierce into her skin. She was going to die…die on a pirate ship… by the hands of a woman.
 
 
But somehow, that didn't happen.
 
 
Miyu jerked open her eyes to see the woman cutting the ropes that were binding her. Miyu was too surprised to move.
 
The woman stood up and smirked, “Well, don't just sit there! Take off that stupid gag and get up.”
Miyu quickly did just that and got into a defensive stance.
 
 
The woman laughed, “No need for that, Goldie. You don't want to hurt your dear relative, do you?”
“What rubbish!” Miyu yelled. But before she could do anything, the woman caught hold of her hand and dragged her out onto the deck.
 
 
Miyu was practically blinded by the bright light outside.
 
 
She raised her free hand over her eyes to block the sunlight and peered curiously at the woman.
But, when she saw the woman's face clearly, her face lit up with signs of recognition.
“R…Riu?” Miyu stammered uncertainly.
 
The woman smiled and said, “I thought you had forgotten me just then.”
 
 
“Oh my god!” exclaimed Miyu “You're Princess Riu Yaboshi!”
“Of course I am” said Riu, as-matter-of-factly. “You don't have to say my full name out. And not to forget, I'm not princess anymore, remember?”
 
 
When Miyu didn't say anything, Riu said, “It's been a while. Hasn't it, Goldie? My, you're prettier than ever.”
 
Miyu suddenly remembered that Goldie was her pet name when she was younger. Nobody called her that anymore, well, except Riu.
 
 
Miyu couldn't believe what was happening.
 
It had been five years since she saw Riu… five years since she heard that Riu had been disowned by her family.
 
And she had changed completely. She no longer had the beautiful long hair that Miyu once envied and she wasn't wearing the fine gowns she used to wear before.
 
 
Miyu tearfully rushed forward and hugged her beloved cousin, the one she always looked up to as a role model. “I'm so glad.” She cried out “I thought I was never going to see you again….”
Riu returned the embrace and said affectionately, “I'm sorry you had to go through that.”
 
 
Just then, a young man walked up to them. Riu gently broke apart from Miyu and glared at him. “Explain” she said authoritatively.
 
 
The man cowered and replied guiltily, “I'm sorry. I didn't know she was related you…”
“That's not the point!” she cut in, angrily “What did I say about kidnapping young girls??”
 
“You said… that we were not supposed to even think about such things.” he dictated like a school boy answering his teacher
“That's right.” Replied Riu “But do explain what this girl was doing tied up and gagged down in the cellar!?!”
“I said I'm sorry. It's not like we were going to hurt her. Please forgive me.” He pleaded.
 
 
Miyu stared dumb-founded at her cousin. Here she was, making hardened pirates tremble. It was almost like she was their leader.
“What's going on here?” she interrupted.
 
 
Riu turned around and looked apologetically at her, “Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't even introduce him to you.”
“Wh…what?” replied Miyu incredulously. Being introduced was the last thing on her mind. “Weren't you kidnapped as well?” she asked.
 
 
Riu laughed, “No dear. Let me make things more clear.” With that, she walked up to the young man and linked her arms around his. “Meet Teru- my husband, and captain of this beautiful ship.”
“Your what?!” cried out Miyu.
 
 
Riu looked rather embarrassed and replied, “Well of course…”
“That's why I… I was disowned by my family.” She added slowly, her voice cracking.
 
 
“You ran away to marry a pirate?” Miyu asked.
Riu took Miyu's hand in hers and said softly, “We have a lot of catching up to do. Let's go somewhere more private.” and led Miyu down to her quarters.
 
 
Miyu was safe for now… but Kanata and the others didn't know that and they continued their pursuit of the pirate ship, to bring Miyu back.
 
 
 
 
A/N: It's a bit short but hoped you liked it anyway. Please Review and let me know what you think…Thanks.
And by the way, I have a feeling I got Riu's fiancés name wrong. If it's wrong, just let me know and I'll sort it out. Thanks ^^
P.S. Sorry if I didn't personally thank anyone who reviewed till now. I usually do. But fan fiction seemed to be having some problems earlier as I was not receiving any alerts.