Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ UnanticipateD ❯ Purpose? ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

+ After Two Weeks… +
 
 
“We're Home!” said Miyu and Kanata as they entered the temple. They took off their shoes and headed for the dining area where Wannya, Lou and Yue were seated.
 
“Well then,” said Wannya as he picked up his chopsticks. “Let's eat!”
 
“Itadaikimasu!” they said as they all started eating Tonkatsu. Lou was drinking his milk.
 
“This is oishi Wannya!” said Miyu.
 
“Hai!” Kanata and Yue said together. Kanata looked sharply at Yue and shifted his glance back to his bowl of rice.
 
“Gochiso sama deshita Wannya!” they all said. Kanata stood up and excused himself then headed for his room. Miyu stood up too.
 
“Hmm…” she said as she stretched her arms. “That was good. I'll be in the hall if you need me.”
 
“Okay,” said Wannya. Miyu waked towards the Hall to stargaze, and then she sat down.
 
 
+ Miyu's thoughts +
 
Hmm… It's been two weeks since he got here. Although I still can't figure out what it is about him that I like. But I think I'm - I think I'm…
 
 
Miyu spotted Yue walking in the hall. She immediately turned away blushing. Yue stopped behind Miyu.
 
“May I sit down?”
 
“Err… Okay.”
 
Yue sat down and gazed at the stars. Miyu glanced at him. He was so handsome. She was so mesmerized that she didn't look away. Yue looked at her and smiled then turned his head towards the stars. Miyu blushed and also gazed at the stars.
 
“The stars… They are beautiful, aren't they?” said Yue.
 
“Yeah they are…” said Miyu. There we're a few moments of silence. Then Miyu continued.
 
“Yue…”
 
“Nani?”
 
“May I ask you something?”
 
“I guess so… Sure.”
 
“Why are you here…?”
 
“Hmm… I guess it's time to tell you… Well… In the Kingdom, everything's usually peaceful. Everything's great… Perfect,” he said as he looked down. “But now, something terrible is about to happen. Prophets of our land predicted a great disaster in the kingdom. An evil queen will cast a lethal spell in the Kingdom… My parents, the King and the Queen, sent me here for safety… I didn't want to go but they told me I should because if they die, I would be able to continue the reign of the Tokiya family. I wanted to fight, but they wouldn't let me coz my brother, the true heir to the throne, Tsukiyo, died in battle. So in the end, I agreed…”
 
“That's terrible…”
 
“Yeah. What I really hate is the fact that I couldn't fight for my Kingdom…”
 
“No. Your parents are right… You're their last hope to continue the reign if they do… if they…”
 
“I guess so…” said Yue. He shifted his stare back to the night sky.
 
They we're quietly staring at the sky. They hardly noticed Kanata pass by. Kanata was supposed to sit and stargaze with Miyu but when he saw Yue there, he decided to go back.
 
“Why…” said Miyu, after a few minutes.
 
“Huh?” asked Yue as he looked at Miyu.
 
“Why did that evil sorceress have to exist and ruin everything for you?”
 
“Hmm… Miyu, always remember that in every fairytale lives a villain.”
 
“What do you mean?
 
“I mean that in life, everything would never be perfect, there would always be someone to ruin your day. That's reality…”
 
“I guess…”
 
“Yeah… Sometimes, reality is just so harsh don't you agree?”
 
“Yup.”
 
“How about you?”
 
“Ne?”
 
“How did you end up in the Saionji Temple?”
 
“Well… My parents were called by NASA. So they went to the US to work. They left me with a family friend, Mr. Saionji. But he needed to go on a one-year expedition… So Kanata and I are left here.”
 
“Haha! So before Lou and Wannya's UFO crashed, you two were all alone?”
 
“Well kinda.
 
“Haha! Hmm… Well it's getting late. You have classes tomorrow. Good night Miyu… Sweet dreams.”
 
“Hai… O yasumi Nasai,” said Miyu as she stood up and headed for her room.
 
 
+ Yue's thoughts +
 
She's a special girl, Miyu… Thoughtful, caring, pretty… She's so mesmerizing. I really like her… Unfortunately, I'm not the only one…