Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Why Not ❯ Kanata Faces Miyu ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 1: Face Off

Summary: Do you ever know one of those who are so drop dead gorgeous but unfortunately one of the most obnoxious people you would ever meet in your entire life? K+M
 
Disclaimer: Do I have to? ::Nod:: FINE. I ADMIT IT! I DON'T OWN D!3
 
A/n: Woo hoo Finally I'm not too lazy in starting this story off! My Christmas present to you guys!! XD Pretty crappy present no? I would like to make a little segue from the actual anime/manga and try an “outside of the box” approach. Anyway, I hope you enjoy.
 
++++
 
Hi. Call me Miyu Kouzuki. I'm 16 years old girl with emerald green eyes and waist length blond hair. Did I also mention that I have curves that could make any guy at a normal school fall on my feet? Hah! I wish! But I'm kidding on that last part. I may not have the greatest curves yet but I do slay some guys in my school. Speaking of school, I didn't go to any public educational facility. I have my reasons actually. My mom is an astronaut in NASA with my baby brother Lu and my dad is an astronomer. They are well respected on their fields, if I might add. I got to stay with my father, though. But every time he is assigned to a new place or to expand his knowledge and research, we cant help it but to move. We did got together seven days before my birthday. I was so surprised and happy to see them however, that happy moment didn't last long. Because little did I know, I was about to receive the biggest surprise yet of my life.
 
+++++
 
"WHAT WAS THAT LAST PART AGAIN!?!?!?!?"
 
"Didn't you hear me, honey? Going to a public school! Aren't you the least bit ecstatic?” Miyu's father, Yuu Kouzuki smiled with glee.
 
"I heard ya and my response is NO! I like staying home with you Papa! Don't send me in a freaking public school. Is it because of math grades this season? It's not my fault my schoolwork is so gruesome coz of my horrible new teachers in this latest private school. But I promise I'll do better! Plus I heard from a cousin of a friend of mine that in public schools they have riots every week. And did I mention that I like to travel with you and--"
 
"Miyu-chan calm DOWN! I think its time you settle down and have a more solid foundation. I found a place for us in Heiomachi, isn't that a good news? Besides, I already went to trouble in getting your school records from the private school and in enrolling you in to a public one."
 
“Mama! Please Say something!” Miyu gave her mother who is rocking Lu to sleep, a pleading look hoping she might be able change her husband's decision and reconsider. She always does.
 
“I'm sorry sweety…” said her matron, Miki Kouzuki
 
Well she almost does…
 
“…But I think I would go with your father with this one. I think changing schools with different teaching curriculums each time you and your father move has something got to do with your schoolwork.” Her mother shrugged as she explained.
 
"Well regardless, we are going."
 
"Kuso" Miyu blurted out softly enough not to be heard by her parents.
 
 
 
 
--One Heiomachi Morning;; the Residence;; and first day of school (for Miyu at least)—
 
“Mao?” a big fat white cat with dark brown patches on its left ear, left foot and end of it's tail, pawed at Miyu's face.
 
“What the he-?” She rolled over. “Wannya-chan, what were thinking waking me up, huh?” she said sheepishly then rolled at her side hugging her pillow.
 
“Mao…” The cat seemed to sigh and point at the clock.
 
“Yeah I know that is a clock.” She yawned a little. “What about it? Wannya-chan my class today wont start `til later and Papa wakes me—*GASP!*”
 
After going into a lot of hassle in preparing for her *new school* (such as stomping, tripping, stumbling, and all around clumsiness) a dressed Miyu comes running down the stairs.
 
“PAPA WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME!?” She blinks and looks around. “Ne, Papa?”
 
“I'M LATE TOO!” Suddenly her father hasted and passes her by like the house was on fire. “I guess we'll both have to get used to waking up early.” Her dad chomped a slice of bread with jelly and keeping the whole thing hanging in his mouth while desperately putting one of his shoes on the wrong foot.
 
“Try the other foot, Anata!” Miyu's mom steps out of the dining room with her baby brother on her right arm and a plate half full of sliced bread with jelly on her left. “Here Miyu-chan. Help yourself with a little breakfast before you leave.” She stretched out her left arm to Miyu's reach.
 
“Eh-yeh!” Lu chirped as he gulps down his formula.
 
“Oh gosh, see what is happening Papa! I told you we should have just stuck to our previous lifestyle!” Miyu huffed. She gets two pieces of bread and quickly finished them. “Thanks Mama. They were great.”
 
“Don't worry Miyu-chan!” Finished with his shoes. Her father kissed her mom on the cheek, then his son and then on her forehead. “You'll have fun! See you later dear. You too Lu-chan.”
 
“Careful at work, you hear. Say bye - bye to papa and Miyu-chan, Lu-chan.” She took Lu's arm and gently waved it in a up and down gesture. “Aie-ye!”
 
“Bye Mama. Bye Lu-chan, be good.” she gave them a waved as she walks past the house. Miyu watched her father run to the garage and she got on her roller blades. Since they are both running late, giving her a ride to school isn't an option at the momment. “Bye Wannya-chan! Don't destroy the house!”
 
“MAO!!!!” Came an evil reply.
 
(a/n: Let's pretend that Miyu has learned using roller blades.)
 
 
Miyu followed and skated on the sidewalk with haste with caution. It's good that her father had shown her the way to the said public school a day before so she would have no trouble finding it, or an incident like what happened earlier should happen on her first day. She looked up at the new unfamiliar yet nice view of the fauna she pass by and smiled about the new scenery that she will be taking each time she'll go to her new school.
 
“Wow!” Miyu twirled around a little so she slowly skated backwards. Maybe this place wasn't so bad after all. Then a distant bell rang. “OH CRAP!!!”
 
 
 
--Mid-Morning; Heiomachi High; Miyu's first class -
 
“Ohayou class.” A female teacher came in with joyful smile on her face.
 
The students rose from their seats and various “ohayou's” chorused through the room.
 
“Sit down class. Today is a special day because we have here a new student who is going to be with us on this school year. I hope you'll be nice to her.” Ms. Mizuno, the teacher requested as the whole class grew into anxiety.
 
“Is it a girl?” a raised hand from a boy at the back of the room. Few of the guys started to buzz around.
 
“I hope it's a guy,” Said a girl at the other side then a few girls started giggling.
 
“Well how about if you find out for yourselves.” She put her right hand on her slim waist and averted her gaze to the classroom door. “You can come in now, sweety.”
 
“…”

”Kouzuki-san?” The teacher peaked her head out the door, and was promptly run into by a speeding blur we all know and love as Miyu.
 
“G-Gomen nasaiiiiii.” Miyu bowed repeatedly. “I got up late this morning…”
 
“That's quite alright Kouzuki-san” The teacher said in a surprisingly nice tone, ”I am Mizuno-sensei I'll be your homeroom teacher for this school year. I hope it's just fine with you when I say don't be tardy as often in the future.”
 
Miyu nodded and slowly made her way into the class with her head bowed down. She finally stood her ground at the center before the teacher's table.

”Everyone please welcome your newest classmate, Kouzuki Miyu-san. Please tell us about yourself, dear.”
 
All of the guys' eyes were immediately drawn to her, but a few certain pairs of eyes seemed to have more, stars in them. Miyu felt uneasy about the glares she's receiving especially from the teenage boys, even though somehow she's not too nervous to speak since this is not the first time a number of schoolboys are trying to look at her from head to toe.
 
“Ano… As you already heard, I'm Kouzuki Miyu. My Mom is an astrounaut from NASA and my Dad is an astronomer here in Japan. He's often reassigned to various places so I get to travel with him.”
 
“How interesting Kouzuki-san!” Mizuno-sensei smiled, “Kinda reminds me of my astronaut training from quite sometime. Anyway, So anyone of you guys wants to volunteer to show Kouzuki - ”
 
“We will Mizuno-sensei!” two confident voices said before the teacher even stopped talking.
 
Miyu looked to the voices and gasped at the two girls that spoke… that were both pretty quite actually. One has short dark red hair like of a boy's and has brown eyes; while the other has dark olive green hair arranged into two pigtails each one on the sides of her face and has bright purple eyes.
 
“Alright Tenchi-san and Konishi-san, thank you for volunteering and it looks like you have a spare seat between you two! Why don't you go sit by them, Kouzuki-san?”
 
“Ha-hai.” Miyu said quietly and walked to the very back, which was quite unnerving, all the guys practically broke their backs trying to get a good glimpse up her skirt. She mumbled silently and sat down. Atleast in her old school, the guys in her class have the decency to restrain themselves in staring there.
 
“Has anybody ever told you that are the most kawaii thing to have ever step on this earth, or Atleast this classroom?!” A voice besides Miyu whispered fervently.
 
Miyu got the goosebumps and looked to her side, it was that Tenchi girl! “E-ehhhh-heh heh W-what?”
 
“Don't you mind Nanami, girl. She's straight. Hi my name is Konishi Aya. Just Aya is fine.” Said the other girl from her right.
 
“Gomen ne, but I couldn't resist! Your expression was priceless though. Hello my name is Tenchi Nanami! But you can call me Nanami!”
 
“Alright then. Call me Miyu.”
 
 
Around their break… School grounds … The Three girls are walking around
 
“You mean Kouzuki MIKI `s daughter!?”
 
“Hai.”
 
“Oh my gosh! You're lucky to have a famous mom you know that? I just saw her on the news a week ago. I think it was something about taking a break or something.” Nanami wondered
 
“Well mama and my little brother are currently with us now `til it's time to go back at NASA.” Miyu smiled,
 
“Maybe you can introduce us to your folks. We always wanted to meet a celebrity.” Aya requested with her hands all curled up to Miyu.
 
“Un!”Okay”, so school wasn't so bad Miyu thought.
 
Nanami made a little stop and elevated her hand to point out something. “And this is the history building! It has records of chronological tables, books and maps related to history.” They finished off their tour of the school
 
“You're lucky we have all of our classes together, you'd be lost for sure! Aside from that, there are a lot of people here that can take you off the scene just like that.” Aya snaps out her finger.
 
“Yeah. You need to be protected by some muscle around here, Miyu-chan. Aya-chan and me will be your friends from now on.”
 
“Thank you Aya-chan and Nanami-chan!” Miyu giggled.
 
“Well now, speaking of the real dirt on the school, who you need to watch out for.” Nanami began to list off several names and why. Miyu just sweat dropped on the strangers that were being blurted out. Somehow she was right about people in public schools afterall.
 
“But most of all, you should watch your back for the hottest male teacher in this school, Saionji Kanata-sensei.”
 
“Saionji-sensei?”
 
“He is only 21 but he got the teaching job, it's probably because he is related to one of the big heads in the department of education. But most of us say its because he's really a genius. He teaches our math class which is in a few periods.” Aya explained.
 
“Oh great… a Math teacher… so what's wrong with this guy? Coz, right now I'm more concerned about my math grades aside from what you say that he is the “hottest”. Miyu made a “quoting” gesture.
 
“Well you know. You wont hear a lot of people say they like math. But you most likely wont hear more people say it's because of their teachers.”
 
“Is it that bad?”
 
“You see me and Nanami-chan pay more attention to his lessons because we don't let ourselves get distracted easily by his looks unlike the other girls on his class. But you can really learn from him.”
 
“Besides Miyu-chan, it's kinda not safe to do some teacher-bashing around here. You may never know who is listening. The last time we did that, Aya-chan and myself got detention for a week.”
 
“Oh really, Hmm…” Miyu just said in awe. Aya and Nanami just looked at each other and smiled.
 
“Though let's just say that his a Jock and a Brain… with Attitude.”
 
“Fine, fine. Watch out for gorgeous yet life-menacing math teachers as well, is that all?” Miyu giggled.
 
“What's so funny? Oh well. You'll know him soon enough. When you do, try your best not to mess with him, a'ight?”
 
 
--- A few more minutes before the next class starts, the Hallway----
 
As she continued walking with the two girls she noticed something weird, the halls were…Empty. Well not really empty. It is more like everybody on that hallway were huddled to the side, clenching to the lockers like they just saw a ghost or something.
 
Of course, Miyu being distracted and clueless by the view, she didn't hear Nanami and Aya murmured her name from behind as she walks right straight and bumped into someone. The Good news is that she didn't fall on the floor. The bad news is that…
 
“Go - ”
 
“Why don't you watch where you're going?” the person just abruptly interrupted her sentence before it even got finished. Miyu looked up and straight into the person's ruby eyes.
 
“Eh!?!? Uh I never… Well ex-ccuuuusssse me, Mr. Go-walk-around-in-front-of-people-carelessly. You wont even back some, you don't own the hallway!”
 
The students including Nanami and Aya just widen their eyes and jaws dropped about what they are seeing and what they are hearing. The two of them began on wiggling their arms in the air hoping that Miyu would take a time out and look behind her and notice their signals. For the love of all things that are Holy, Somebody stop the new kid!
 
“Hmph, I'm not in a mood for a silly argument with you, little girl.” The tall man ran his fingers through his brown hair.
 
“So why don't you make both of our lives easy, make like a tree and leave?”
Miyu's green orbs flared. “Or better yet, why not just go find a hole and BURY yourself in it!”
 
He smirked and raised an eyebrow at the girl who shows some spunk. It's either she is brave enough to tell him off or rather completely out of her mind. “Interesting girl.” He goes for the other obvious option.
 
“I haven't seen you around here so I suppose you're a new student.”
 
“It took you that long to realize that?” Miyu just kept on with her rambling
 
He just smiled at her comment and turned his gaze from the two girls behind Miyu. Nanami and Aya felt the shivers from the person and halted on their sign language.
 
“Tenchi-san and Konishi-san, Is she with you?”

”Hai, Saionji Sensei!” they both stood straight, “Gomen nasai!” they both bowed down, “It won't happen again!!!” Then they both grabbed Miyu's hand and dragged her away.
 
“Blondes…” he blurted out all of the sudden… but ofcourse, Miyu heard him.
 
“What was that?” Miyu raised her arm in the air at him as he continued on walking. Before he takes a turn, he sticks out his tongue at her til he finally disappears.
(This is the famous Kanata's tongue gesture, minna. You know like this (: P)
 
 
“NA-NI? DID THAT GUY JUST STUCK OUT HIS TONGUE AT ME? AND WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TWO DOING DRAGGING ME ALL THE WAY HERE ANYWAY?”
“Miyu, that WAS Saionji-sensei.” Nanami reminded her
 
“Do you always act like that everytime you bump into somebody?” Aya regretfully rubbed her forehead on what was transpired.
 
Miyu on the other hand, after knowing now the person she have a B.F. (bitch fit) with, just stood there in silence for a few seconds. “Ho-ly Crap…”
“I told you not to mess with him, oh gosh you are in SOOO in deep shit, though I guess you didn't know---” Nanami taps Miyu's shoulder until…
 
“WHAT A COLLOSAL NERVE!” Miyu screeched.
 
“Oh geez…” Aya shrugged.
 
 
-- Afternoon, sixty minutes before 3 pm;; Math (The trio's Last period) -
 
Miyu had taken the free seat besides Aya who is also in front of Nanami, and leaned back in her chair hands then toss her hands behind her neck and let them rest there. They were early, even earlier than their math teacher. After a few planning, persuasion, and reality checks she finally made the two girls to come early in Math class. Nanami is quite curious on what will happen anyway while Aya just sits quietly hoping for the best while at the same time preparing for the worst.
 
After a few more minutes, Kanata came marching in and tossed his files accurately on top of his table, and then notices the three students earlier especially the blonde girl who even DARED enter HIS classroom before him. Miyu only smirked at him with arms crossed. It seems that the news about the hallway incident spread as fast like a wild forest fire since more students began to gossip even more and quietly shuffle in whispering and staring at the girl in question. No doubt talking about Saionji-sensei's and Kouzuki-san's run in this morning.
 
When the bell rang to start the last period, everybody inside the room halted all talk and students rushed to their seats. They are expecting some kind of a show, they hoped. Kanata cleared his throat and shuffled through some papers from his file folder, every once in a while throwing an annoyed glance at the Kouzuki girl while hesitating if he should begin with checking the attendance, “No that wouldn't be fun”; skip that and get the lecture over with, “Nah I'll do that eventually”; or give out a pop quiz “Now there is something that girl and the others will DEFINITELY enjoy.”
 
“Well?”
 
Everyone looked to Miyu, “When does the learning start, teach?”
 
(a/n: Gosh I hope I can be like that on my teachers… lol)
 
It started with a few snickers, a little giggling and chuckling, then full-blown laughter spilled throughout the room. It was not certain why in the world they are laughing. Some of the class didn't find humor right away on the girl's comment. They just couldn't believe that after what happened earlier in the morning, she would try to Atleast show some compensation after learning who he really was. Probably to pity this poor girl who is about to get her head bitten off, perhaps to passively show some hidden aggression on Saionji-sensei, or maybe because of the insanity of it all. Though all of the madness is going, there are some girls who are not taking the new girl's “joke” too likely.
 
However, one thing was definitely sure, two people inside that classroom weren't REALLY laughing. Miyu could only give her new teacher a raised eyebrow with her tongue sticking out just like he did this morning; Kanata on the other hand, despite of the class' mockery and Miyu's taunting, is getting frustrated than anybody of us would.
 
“QUIET!”
 
Okay… maybe a little more frustrated than anybody of us would.
 
With that uproar of their teacher, everyone hush up and quickly shrunk back into their places,
 
“Kouzuki, I'll be seeing you after class.”
 
Miyu merely shrugged. “Bring it on.” She yelled on her mind
 
Aya threw her new friend a worried look but Nanami reached out for Aya's shoulder and mouthed `It will turn out okay'.
 
 
 
Class ended with breeze, well students were immediately got to be familiar with Miyu but she merely shook it off. Besides, she needed to stay after class anyway. The last thing she needs right now is time for recognition. Aya and Nanami tried to be there or Atleast stand outside the classroom door but Miyu reassured them that she will be fine and pointed out that they cant afford getting into Saionji-sensei's bad side either.
 
“Can you be helped, teach?” She said with a bored tone, crossed her legs expose her milky white limbs, and started admiring her perfectly polished fingernails that she did last night.
 
Kanata made sure the door was closed and then approached Miyu. “Your insolence and lack of respect! Explain!”
 
“There's nothing wrong in asking you a question, is there SIR?”
 
“Stop with that tone with me, young lady!” You could tell he was close to yelling.
 
“Ah? Now you call me a young lady? That came from the guy who stuck out his tongue at me earlier? That was SOOOO mature of you Saionji-sensei, by the way. I mean, what are you, eight?” she rests her head aside, rest it on her palm and raised her eyebrow again, enjoying messing with her math teacher.
 
“You know what? To think that I decided to keep my cool and let you off the hook for that little incident this morning yet I was still kind enough not to report you to the head master for an immediate dismissal.”
 
“Oh yeah? What stopped ya then?”
 
“Do you really want to get yourself kicked-out of this institution? Let me tell you that it would be rather difficult to go to other new schools when they know why you got out of your previous one. ”
 
Holy crap he's right. Not to mention her parents will have a fit once they know about this. Her mother just came home for her birthday and Miyu doesn't want her to receive bad news through her stay.
 
“Oh Yeah?!”
 
But she still is damn to proud to loose not to mention she has the ego the size of Texas.
 
“I'm aware of the circumstances, teach. I don't even like public schools anyway.” Not showing any other reactions to that fact yet she still managed to roll her eyes.
 
“I said quit with that attitude. And if you can't even stand up, Atleast sit up straight when I'm talking to you.” Kanata exclaimed as he leaned down to her seat and took Miyu's hand (the one that she uses to rest her head with) in a swift motion but not enough to hurt her.
 
“……….”
For a few seconds, their eyes have met up close and personal as far as they could go. Miyu became mute all of the sudden without even resisting and Kanata just look at her silently with his right hand on hers. As the awkwardness of this scene might look like, somebody has got to make the first move here.
 
“Just so you know, I think I wont let you go that easy.” Kanata said faintly enough for her to hear him and slips out his tongue a little again at her.
 
She slapped her self in her mind for going into shades of red because of one freak moment then swipes her hand off Kanata's grip. “Really? You think?” She gathered her things, stood from her seat and started heading out of the door while Kanata just look at the girl as she makes a stop before finally leaving the room.
 
“Thanks for the idea, teach. Check ya later, although I didn't see the point of this conversation since obviously I didn't do anything wrong here.” Miyu placed her bag on her chest. “And by the way, that mannerism of yours? Not cool!”
 
When she suddenly pulled the door, a bunch of kids who were eavesdropping fell down making a pile. Not even caring to pay attention to them, Miyu continued walking on her “path of righteousness” as some students stare at her intently then made a big applause. She smirked after that experience. So maybe she'd have a little fun at Heiomachi anyway. Immediately the clapping and cheering broke out when they saw Kanata started to move from Miyu's seat. He stopped at his table to get his stuff and held up his right hand and smiled.
 
“Baa-ka”
 
Suzuku
 
 
++++
A/n: Oh gosh, I'd love to do that to a teacher someday! Remember to email me if you want me to go on with this plot!