Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Danny Phantom -- Return of The Reign ❯ Darkened Drifter ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Next chappie!
OMG, Lisaaaaaaaa!! ;o;
 
 
~~CHAPTER TEN~~
~~DARKENED DRIFTER~~
 
Danny groaned as his eyes slowly opened.
 
“…Danny? Danny, you're okay?”
 
Danielle's voice rang through Danny head. He groaned again and fully opened his eyes to see all of his friends all around him. But one was missing…he also realized that he was lying on his bed. “…Guys? What happened?”
 
“Ah! He's awake!” Dora said happily. Cujo quickly bounced onto Danny and licked him all around his face.
 
“Heh-heh…good to see you, too…” Danny said as he got the mutt off him. He looked around in confusion. “Where's Vlad?”

“We practically demanded that his unconscious being be moved to the guest room, because we said that once Danny woke up, he'd want to be alone…with the exception of us.” Summer said with crossed arms; she was recently told about whom Vlad was, and she wasn't happy at all. “He's being treated by the Fentons right now…he really got pounded. Also, in case you're wondering, Mr. Gray quickly woke up and took Valerie home. She's gonna be in so much trouble…”
 
“Which reminds me…how the heck was he able to get her home with that suit on and everybody watching?” Tucker asked.
 
“Actually, her suit disappeared before he went for her; and somehow, nobody noticed…” Zero said, shrugging. “Danny, your town's really stupid.”
 
Danny chuckled at that, but he then gasped, realizing what was missing. “Wait! Where's Ali?”
 
Everybody stiffened and looked away slightly at the question.
 
“…What? What's wrong? Is she hurt?!” Danny asked, trying to get up, but groaned in pain and collapsed back onto the bed, causing everyone's eyes to turn back to him.
 
“Well…we…kinda don't know.” Sam admitted. “Nightshade appeared and--”
 
“Nightshade?!” Danny cried. He attempted to get up again, fighting the pain. “What happened?! What did he do to her?!”
 
“Fenton, get back DOWN!” Summer demanded, slamming her hands onto Danny's chest and thrusting him back onto the bed. “I'm just as freaked out as you are, but cracking your backbone isn't gonna help!”
 
“But…WHERE is she?!”
 
“We don't know!” Danielle cried. “After Nightshade appeared, she told us to get out of there and get you to safety! After we did that, Sapphire and I went back there to see if anyone or anything was still there, but there wasn't!”
 
Danielle's face became more serious and saddened. “…I think Nightshade kidnapped her.”
 
Right when Danny widened his eyes, thunder crashed and crackled through the once more cloud-covered sky.
 
Sapphire turned her eyes slightly to the left, but fully turned her head with a gasp. She saw a black figure floating by the window; it was too dark to make out features, but when another lightening clap struck, for a split second, she saw malicious crimson eyes.
 
“…Nightshade? …No…that's…!” Sapphire's eyes widened. “NO!”
 
Everyone turned and saw the figure. Danny gasped and quickly jumped off the bed, transforming. “Danny, no! You're still weak!” Jazz cried, grabbing her brother's arm. “Please!”
 
Danny looked at her, and then looked back at the figure. The stranger then pulled out something that seemed to be in the shape of a sword.
 
“Wait…I know that shape…” Danny murmured. His eyes then widened. “That's Lisa's sword!” He walked closer to the window. “You…know where Lisa is?”
 
The figure then flew away.
 
“WAIT!” Danny demanded, flying out the window.
 
“Danny, no!” Sam ran to the windowsill, followed by Jazz, and then all the others.
 
“He's gotta stop doing that…” Summer said irately.
 
“Agreed.” Danielle said.
 
The ghosts grabbed the humans and flew after Danny, who was flying at top speed to catch the ghost he still couldn't make the face out of.
 
The figure finally landed on a grassy hill by a grove of trees, staying the shadows of them. Danny landed shortly after, keeping his eyes on the figure. “Come out of there, you coward! Where's Lisa?!”
 
“She's perfectly fine.”

“Huh?!” Danny turned and saw Nightshade appear from the shadows of the trees. Danny's eyes burned with absolute hatred as his friends landed on the hill and ran to him. “Whatever's been happening with her…I know you're behind it!”
 
“Oh, come, come! Like I said, she's safe and sound…”
 
“In YOUR hands?!”
 
“See for yourself.” Nightshade smirked and motioned toward the other figure, who slowly stepped out of the shadows.
 
Everybody gasped.
 
The mysterious someone was a girl; she had long, long black hair that even flowed across the ground; she had cold, dark red eyes and a cruel smirk across her light violet lips; Her outfit was red and black, as well as her boots, and her skin was pale.
 
Danny's eyes couldn't have been wider. He slowly and carefully stepped forward. “…A…A--Ali?”
 
She didn't respond. She just put a hand to her hip and kept her hold on her sword firm. “She can't hear you right now.” Nightshade explained. “Don't want her getting ideas on who you are, now, do I?”

“She…doesn't remember us?” Summer squeaked slowly.
 
“What have you done to her?!” Dani demanded. Danny just kept his horrified stare on the Drifter.
 
I didn't do much of anything…”
 
“BUT YOU ADMIT YOU DID SOMETHING?!” Zero yelled.
 
“How is it possible for her to be back in your repulsive hands?!” Sapphire cried.
 
“The more the dark side of her grew, the more my hold on her returned, until…” Nightshade once more motioned to her. “She returned as my apprentice.”
 
“How dare you!” Dora exclaimed, her necklace starting to shine.
 
“With the power of the Ghost King, Lisa, and the entire Ghost Zone in my grasp…I believe your human expression is `Three strikes and you're out.'”
 
Lisa's eyes glowed red at the following order. “Get them.”
 
Lisa jumped high in the air, holding her sword above her head, ready to strike as she landed.
 
“ALI, NO!!” Danny cried, but Lisa thrust her sword down upon the ground and would've hit Danny, too, had Sam not pulled him out of the way.
 
Everyone, who had rolled away from Lisa's attack, watched in horror as Lisa pulled her sword out and gave them a dark look. She charged at them again and fired a black Ghost Ray at them. They were able to avoid it again, but they knew they couldn't run from her forever. But they also knew that they couldn't fight her…
 
Sapphire flew forward and grabbed Lisa by the arms. “Lisa! Alissa! You have to stop!”
 
Lisa showed a confused face. “Alissa? Who's that? My name's Lisa!” So saying, she kicked Sapphire across her legs, causing her to fall.
 
“Ali, stop!” Dani cried, swiftly flying forward toward her. “Wake up! Wake up!”

“I'm wide awake, and all I see is a brat calling me by the wrong name.” Lisa said simply as she grabbed Dani by the arm and caused a Ghost Stinger to crackle out, zapping the screaming girl and causing her to fall to the ground as well.
 
“Enough!” Nightshade then yelled. Everything froze. “You! Be gone!” He demanded as he waved his hand over everyone with the exception of Danny, causing a black energy box to form around them, trapping them inside and making it hover in the air slightly. He then took Sapphire and Dani, making them hover by his power, and practically shoved them into the black box as well, the box rippling as they were pushed inside. Everyone started to pound on the container.
 
Danny looked at his captured friends in horror, and kept his horror gaze as he turned to Lisa. “Apprentice, this is the half-human, half-ghost hybrid I told you about…you know what to do, don't you?” Lisa nodded and held her sword tighter.
 
“Oh, no…no! No! Ali, don't!” Danny begged, backing up.
 
Lisa winkled her nose. “What is the MATTER with you people? My name's not Ali or Alissa! Where'd you get a delusion like that?!”

“You're wrong! You gotta listen to me!”
 
“You think I'm wrong about my own name?”
 
“It's not your fault! Please! Just listen!”

“The only thing I wanna listen to is your screams of pain!” That was the end of the dialogue for Lisa quickly flew forward and attempted to slice Danny across the gut.
 
In a mixture of confusion, sadness, panic, and fear, Danny backed up more and held his hand out in defense, and it began to glow green.
 
Lisa wasn't quick enough; time seemed to go slowly as the Drifter rammed into the Halfa's growing power. Everything suddenly turned green and the next thing Lisa knew, her chest was in pain and she was flying backwards, screaming.
 
Danny was being blown backwards and was screaming as well; he skidded across the hill and luckily stopped before he rolled off. He then looked up with a gasp as he saw Lisa's body begin to ascend and crash into not so faraway ground.
 
“Lisa!” Nightshade cried and flew forward.
 
“No, you DON'T…” Danny growled as he then flew forward with all the strength he could muster, surprising even himself when he noticed that he went past Nightshade.
 
Danny quickly found Lisa lying down in a patch of flowers. He quickly flew over to her and held her head up. “Ali! Ali! Are you okay? Answer me!”
 
Lisa groaned and blinked her eyes open. She was extremely confused when she saw who woke her up. She rammed a black glowing hand against his chest and fired her Ghost Ray, sending him flying back. “You attack me, and then ask if I'm okay?!” She attempted to get up, using the sword that was sheathed deep into the ground as leverage, but she slid slightly.
 
Danny just stared at the Drifter in grief. “Of course I asked! That was an accident! I didn't mean to do that! I'd never do that to you! You're my friend!”
 
Lisa blinked rapidly in confusion. “…Friend? …What's that?”
 
“…You…don't know what a friend is?”
 
“…No…if you're trying to use a mind trick on me, it won't work!”
 
Danny's eyes showed more pain as he gained more of it. He turned slightly when he felt Nightshade nearby. “…Y--YOU!!” Danny cried, lunging at Nightshade and knocking him down.
 
“MASTER!” Lisa cried, attempting harder to get up.
 
Danny shoved Nightshade down to the ground, leaving a crater-like gap. They hand-wrestled for a while, but Nightshade shot the boy off him by zapping him with two red beams from his eyes. As Danny got back to his feet, he gasped and rolled away when he saw Nightshade about to punch him into the ground. After standing back up, Danny fired a Ghost Ray at him, shooting him back into the fissure.
 
“Change Ali back! Change her back RIGHT NOW!!” Danny demanded as he hovered over Nightshade, his hands glowing. However, Lisa knocked him in the side and caused him to fall to the ground, sliding. He quickly looked up with wide eyes when he saw Lisa come closer.
 
“Now, now, my apprentice…don't eradicate him…we must bring him in to our king…”
 
“Yes, Master…” Lisa said, readying her sword, which began to glow bright green.
 
“I'm sorry…”

“Huh?” Lisa blinked.
 
“I promised I wouldn't let anything happen to you…” Danny said sadly. Burying his head in his arm for a moment, (He was still lying down) he slowly got up and de-transformed.
 
Everybody gasped, including Nightshade.
 
“DANNY, WHAT'RE YOU DOING?!” Sam shrieked.
 
“CHANGE BACK! YOU JUST BECAME A SITTING DUCK!!” Tucker shrieked as well.
 
“…I…” Danny started. “…don't wanna fight you, Ali…”
 
Lisa just stared at him with wide eyes. Suddenly, her Ecto-Blade fell from her grip and clattered to the grassy ground as her body trembled slightly, her hand holding her face. “…W--what…what is this feeling…?”
 
Nightshade widened his eyes with a gasp and he ran to Lisa. “Lisa, that's enough. We're leaving; we've shown these fools what we wanted to show them…” He glared at Danny. “If you think you can bring her back with sweet words, think again. We shall return.” Those were Nightshade's final words before flinging his cloak around himself and Lisa, making them both disappear.
 
“NO! ALI!” Danny cried, running to the empty gap. He turned, however, when he heard his friends screaming as they fell to the ground since the box had disappeared.
 
Danny quickly ran to them and they all helped each other up. “What…just happened?” Summer asked.
 
Danny, not knowing how to answer, just looked up at the sky. Summer's right…what DID just happen?
 
~
 
After helping return Danny home, all the ghosts, except for Dani, returned back to the abandoned household near Alissa's house.
 
Danny was standing and lying his arm down across the windowsill as he looked outside with a hard face.
 
“I just still don't understand how Nightshade got hold of her again…” Sam said. “Something about her inner darkness?”

“Nightshade's the ghost of darkness, remember?” Summer spat. “Even though Ali, Zero, and Sapphire broke away from him, if they give into the one thing that makes him strong, he can take them again! And, apparently, this time he took her OVER!”
 
“Almost everything makes sense now…” Danny's drifting voice caught everyone's attention. Danny turned his head back to the gang. “Nightshade gained the trust of the Ghost King so he could control the entire Ghost Zone. He wanted that so he could cause all those ghost attacks, endangering us, Ali's friends, hoping that she would give into her bad side and cause him to regain control over her choker…and her.
 
“Like at school…” Tucker went on. “When she DID give into her dark side and destroyed pretty much everything, and that's why there was no ghost attack that day: he figured he didn't need another one; but she was able to break free before he fully got her, I guess…”

“Is that when I came in?” Danielle asked.

“Yeah…” Danny said. “After finding out that his plan didn't fully work, he sent in a few more ghosts to bring Ali a new friend to want to protect…” Danielle looked down, feeling guilty.
 
“So then, all that leads to this…when Ali finally gave into the dark side of her, and caused all that destruction earlier this evening…” Sam went on. “Until Nightshade took her.”

Summer surprised everyone by punching her fist into the wall of the room, leaving a dent. Danny would've protested, but he knew this wasn't the time.
 
“Summer?!” Tucker cried.
 
“That…that monster…how dare he…HOW DARE HE TAKE HER AGAIN!!” Summer all but screamed. She then sank to the floor, gasping harshly. Everybody become even more shocked when they heard low chuckling. “Look at me…I'm crying…do you know how long it's been since I last cried? I haven't cried since…since my dad died…two years ago…I wouldn't talk to anyone…I barely talked to mom…I was just…there…until that little redheaded ball of sunshine who apparently didn't fully comprehend what the meaning of `leave me alone' was came around…and…I still haven't told her just how grateful I am that she didn't leave me alone…”
 
Tucker attempted to hug Summer and was extremely staggered when she suddenly grabbed him by the shirt collar and practically shoved herself onto him, sobbing. With wide eyes that eventually closed, he held her back.
 
After turning from the couple, Danny let loose a long, aggravated sigh. “Why did Ali have to leave me? Did she know what was happening to her the whole time? If she needed our help, why'd she leave?”
 
Danielle and the others exchanged glances before she softly murmured. “…We know why.”
Danny turned to them with surprised eyes.
 
Danielle then reached into the pocket in her shorts and pulled out a batch of wrapped cookies. “I…bought these when Ali and I went to the mall…you'll want one when we tell you the rest…”
 
~
Nightshade and Lisa reappeared in Pariah's Keep, Lisa still a little dizzy from all the emotions whirling around in her head at once.
 
“Tomorrow night…I can't wait to attack Amity Park with you by my side…”
 
“Master…”
 
“Yes, my dear?”
 
“What is…`friend?'”
 
Nightshade spun around to face the girl with wide eyes. “…Why do you ask?”

“What that boy said…he called me Alissa…Ali…he also called me his friend…and he also said he didn't want to hurt me, and then that's when my head started hurting…Master, what's going on?!”
 
“It's nothing you need to worry about, Lisa…” So saying, Nightshade placed both his hands on Lisa's face. “Those vile children are simply trying to trick you; they're much stronger than they look, especially the Halfa.”

Lisa looked down. “Master…my head…feels so weird right now…”

“That's simply because you're worn out from the fight. You must rest soon, for we attack again at nightfall.”
 
“Yes…before I go, Master…what exactly are you planning to do? Will you need every ounce of my help you can get?”

“Oh, don't worry…I can't do it without you…” Nightshade answered with a malicious smirk.
 
~
“I don't believe it…” Danny said, his body falling back against the window. “She actually thought she was protecting me? And that if I found out, I wouldn't wanna be around her for real?! How could she think that?!”
 
“She was scared…and I don't think Nightshade gave her the chance to think clearly!” Summer exclaimed, still being comforted by Tucker.
 
Danny sighed heavily again. “I just can't believe this…Ali's gone…and I should've been there. I should've demanded an explanation from her! I should've…!”
 
“Demanded that you help her?” Danielle questioned his tactic.
 
Danny just dropped his head. “Oh, you know what I mean! I should've been there!” He looked down and bit into his rainbow-chipped cookie. The guys looked at him and decided that he wanted to be alone now. They all got up but stopped when he spoke again. “Well, I guess this leaves one more question…”

Everyone looked up at him.
 
“Who's gonna tell Ali's parents?”
 

~

Aaggghhh, short chapter...sorry!
AAH! LISA'S BEEN BRAINWASHED!! Her body must be captured as well!
EEP! WHAT'LL THEY DOOOOOOO?!
Seeya! ^^