Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Ember's Comeback ❯ Dark Turns ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

“Alright!” Ember floated around the room as Zack told her the news. She had decided to stay in The Ghost Zone as Zack left to set things up. She landed on a table and sat down. “So Vlad is funding the concert?”

“Yeah! As long as you play that love song to the woman he is nuts over.”

“And you have the ghost twerp taken care of?”

“He won’t dare make a move against us as long as we have the girl.”

“And you will make sure everything will go according to plan?”

“You have nothing to fear. With your music keeping my mind clear, You’ll be able to take control of the living world without interruption.”

Ember smiled and jumped to the floor. “I knew getting you to manage me was a good idea!” She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. His face turned red as. “Soon my music will take control of every person on that planet.” She picked up her guitar. “And the mortal world will be mine.” Ember turned to find Zack standing like a statute. Ember sighed and slapped him upside the head, “It was just a way of saying thanks. Don’t get any ideas!”

Zack shook his head, “Of course not!” He set a black briefcase down, “The concert hall is rented and the equipment bought. We just need to play our cards right and nothing should wrong.”

“I leave that in your capable hands. I’m going to go practice.” Ember vanished in a swirl of blue fire.

__________________________________________________________________ ______

Sam pulled on the thick black bars of her cell, but they didn’t budge. Her cell took up half a grey stone room. There were no doors or windows. A few small vents provided her with air. And a small toilet sat in the far corner of the cell. She fell to her knees, “I’m really in it deep this time!”

“That is putting it mildly!” Zack floated down from the ceiling, “Only a ghost can leave this room. So just sit back and relax.”

“Why kidnap me? I am of no use to you or Ember.”

“As long as I have you here, Danny Phantom won’t dare to bother me or Ember. He wouldn’t want his girlfriend to get hurt.”

“I’m not his girlfriend!”

Zack chuckled, “Drop it! Most of The Ghost Zone knows about you two. Even if it isn‘t official.”

“They do?”

Zack sat down on the floor at the far end of the room. He leaned against the wall and slipped a pair of headphones on, “It will be all over tomorrow. Just pray that your friend doesn’t do anything stupid.”

_________________________________________________________ _______________

Danny hung up the phone and sat down on his bed. He had just managed to convince Sam’s parents that she was staying at a friends house. No need to cause a panic. It had only been a few hours since his talk with Ember’s manager. He stared at the ticket he had been handed, “What is Ember up to?” Danny sighed and shook his head. “Trying to take over the world.” He stood up and walked to his window, “I can’t believe I let Sam get kidnapped. I should have been more alert.” Danny looked at his father’s book, but couldn’t find the energy to do his book report. He thought about patrol, but he couldn’t think straight at the moment. He knew where Ember was going to be, but Sam could be miles from the concert hall. One wrong move and! No! he wouldn’t even think about that. Danny fell onto his bed. After an hour, he managed to get to sleep.

_________________________________________________________________ _______

The next morning, Danny Phantom flew over the concert hall and heard Ember’s music being played. He turned invisible and flew down into the hall. Posters were everywhere. He flew around and spotted the ghost girl playing with her ghostly band. Danny reappeared and shot toward her. As he was about to reach the stage, a green wall of energy appeared and he slammed into it. He fell to the floor as Ember laughed, “You want to try that again?”

“Ghost Shield?“ Danny jumped to his feet, “Where is Sam?”

“I don’t know!”

“Liar!”

Ember snapped her fingers and Zack floated up out of the floor. He was on Danny’s side of the shield, “If you want to talk to me! You have to talk to him.”

Danny clenched his fist, “I’m tired of playing your game.”

Zack shrugged, “You have two options, Mr. Phantom! Play by my rules, or Sam becomes a new resident of The Ghost Zone! Permanently!” Danny’s fist started to glow green.

Ember smiled, “You’ll get her back. I promise!” Both Ember and Zack laughed loud and hard. Danny flew out of the hall at full speed. Ember wiped a few tears from her eyes, “Laughed too hard!” She turned to the ghost band, “From the top! Soon this planet will be mine!”

___________________________________________________________ _____________

“My world! My planet!” Zack dropped to the floor, “I swear that girl has a one tracked mine!”

“Your just figuring this out now?”

Zack suddenly realized that he had come to the room he had left Sam in, “Crap!” He stood up, “Sorry!” He floated toward the ceiling.

“Wait!” Zack stopped as Sam walked to the bars, “Why are you really doing this?”

Zack chuckled, “Why do you want to know? I kidnapped you and locked you in that cell.”

“It obvious you have feelings for Ember. Maybe we can help each other.”

“I’m not letting you out!”

Sam rubbed her stomach, “I’m kind of hungry! You get me food and I’ll try to help you with Ember!” Zack thought for a moment and shrugged. He floated out of the room. Sam sighed and sat down, “Maybe I can convince him to let me go. Or at least help Danny out by messing up their plans.

_________________________________________________________________ _______

Danny sat through his first two classes without so much as a thought. His mind was on Sam and where she was hidden away. After his third class, he met Tucker outside for lunch. His best friend had been looking at blueprints of the city, but had no luck either, “I think we are looking at this from the wrong angle. We need to think like a ghost.”

“Like a ghost! Where did you come up with that one?”

“Your dad’s book!”

“You read it!”

“It was a real page turner.” Tucker took out his PDA and looked through some flies, “But even if we find her, can we get her to safety before Ember and her manager does something?”

“I don’t know Tuck! I just don’t know!” He pulled out his ticket, “Right now! I have no choice but to follow their rules. I just hope they aren't hurting her.”

____________________________________________________________ ____________

Sam shoved her third Nasty Veggie Burger down and drank a large soda, “That was good!”

“How can you eat something that is called a Nasty Burger? The name should be a turn off.” Burn sat in a chair with his arms crossed.

“But it isn’t! So how long have you known Ember?”

Zack tapped his foot. “Ever sense she first entered The Ghost Zone. It wasn’t pretty. Most new arrivals don’t take the transition well.”

“I won’t ask! So do you two have anything in common?”

Zack stood up and paced the room, “Not a thing!” Ember descended into the room invisible. She heard the talking and decide to watch. Zack slammed his fist into the wall, “I know it is crazy! But I just can’t get her image out of my mind. I wish I knew why?”

“Is that why you always listen to her music?”

“Yes and No! I need the music to remain normal.”

“Normal!”

Zack sat down, “Forget it! It isn’t worth talking about it.”

Ember floated back through the ceiling and back down. To make it appear like she just came in, “How is our timetable?”

Zack pulled a paper from his jacket, “On time! We just need to figure out how to get the entire Fenton Family here.”

“You’ll figure it out.” Ember turned toward Sam, “You better hope your boyfriend doesn’t step out of line. The world will be mine!” She floated out of the room. Zack mumbled something and crushed the CD player in his hand. Sam gulped and quickly went to the far side of her cell.

__________________________________________________________________ ______

Ember tuned her guitar as the band practiced their numbers, ‘It has to be some sort of joke. He is just pulling that girl’s leg. Men don’t care about anything but themselves.’ Ember shook her head as she walked onto the stage. She talked to the special effect men who were already under her spell. Things were coming together. In ten hours her concert would begin.

_________________________________________________________________ _______

Zack’s body erupted with red light as his eyes glowed to match. He stood up and roared. A pair of fangs had grown in and his muscles began to bulge out from his clothes. He turned transparent and disappeared into the floor.

_________________________________________________________________ _______
Danny flew over the city as he tried to come up with a plan of action. He had only nine hours before the concert. And he was running out of ideas. As he flew over the park, his ghost sense went off and he heard screaming. He flew down and spotted a tall red skinned ghost standing in the middle of the park. His eyes glowed red, “Who are you?”

“Zaaz! I’m here to rip you apart and feed on your energy!”

“Ok! I’m here to kick your ghostly butt!” Danny shot forward with his fists ready. Zaaz laughed and slapped him down. Danny rolled to his feet and jumped away. He threw two spheres of ghostly energy. They impacted the ghost, but he simply yawned. The ghost took a step forward and the ground around his foot erupted into flame. Danny gulped, “Great! First Ember, now this! What next?”

“GHOST!” The Fenton RV pulled up and both of his parents jumped out with ghost hunting blasters.

“I have to stop asking that.”

___________________________________________________________ _____________