Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Forget Me Not ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Inspired by WingsofMorpheus prompt 3 picture. He'll have a link on his profile (I assume.)
 
Forget-Me-Not
 
A woman sets her daughter on the bench before the piano. The girl presses down on the cool keys, giggling as a tremor pushed through her fingers. The woman sits down and begins playing. The girl quiets, feeling the music twirl around her.
 
A year later, the piano is covered in dust, and the girl cries at it is taken away.
 
---
 
She hides in the guitar store, twiddling her thumbs through the chords, taking lessons off the internet. The man at the front asks her what her name is, and she grins back.
 
Remember it, she says. It'll be big one day.
 
---
 
The guitar she worked so hard to buy lays smashed on the floor. She cries over it as if mourning the dead and screams at the man before her. She runs to her room and hides under her bed, staring at the darkness and watching her name burn bright.
 
---
 
She is invisible at school in her dark makeup. The goth look. She likes it. She hides the money for her new instrument in her locker. She imagines a stage and herself, and no one notices as she sings in the locker room.
 
---
 
Her name isn't on the roll call, isn't on her books, isn't on her papers, but one day it will be on the lips of everyone in the world.
 
---
 
She hides beneath the old piano, waiting for the footsteps to stop so she can crawl out. He doesn't even know her name. She wants to scream, cry, hide, fall apart, whatever it is, she wants to, and sooner or later she'll be doing all of them at once.
 
---
 
It's the middle of class and she's walking the halls, too angry to think straight. They can't even remember her damn name! She bangs her body against the lockers, kicks them as hard as she can. No one's in the bathroom, and she slams her textbook across the faucets, not really caring which one breaks first. The teachers come and take her to the counselor's office, where she sits and stares at the wall across from her, imagining the woman's face smeared across it.
 
---
 
She can't even really remember his name, but he slides between her thighs. She wants to imagine it being special, magical, but she thinks the name he moans moments later isn't even her own.
 
---
 
She sits and plays her heart out, not caring who hears her. She screams her lyrics in the middle of the night, street lamps and moonlight falling over her like a gothic goddess. No one complains, no one calls out. It's as if they all understand it.
 
They'll remember it for the rest of their lives, but they'll never know who played it.
 
---
 
College is supposed to be fun. College is supposed to be a new experience you will remember the rest of your lives. But she stares at the body on the floor and knows who it is, even though no one else does.
 
She doesn't have anymore life left.
 
---
 
It's dark and strange. She holds something in her hand, something familiar, and the whole world comes into view. Thoughts scroll through her head as she stares down at her transformation, and she grins, clutching the instrument in her fists. She screams into the obtuse green world, a scream of pride and victory that has yet to come.
 
You will remember my name.
 
Notes:
I'm sure you are figured out who's the subject in this story. ((Ember, if you missed it.)) I was really craving doing something for her. Here it is. Do we like it?
It was different in my head, but things often are.