Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Glitches in Time ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3

"Danny!" Sam shouted for her childhood friend, anger warring with fear even in her voice as she looked at the eerily glowing green and black landscape of the Ghost-Zone for the ghost halfling.

"Still no sigh of him?" Tucker's disgruntled voice asked from behind her.

The gothic girl shook her head as she shouted once again, a call that was echoed by Tucker.

"I wouldn't worry Sam. After all Danny's dealt with Skulker before," the African-American boy finally said as they listened to the dying echoes of their shouts.

Sam shot a purely malicious look at the techno wiz, "Has he ever done it without the Fenton Thermos?"

Tucker's green eyes widened as his mouth formed a small 'O' of realisation, Danny had never actually faced the "Ghost-Zone's Greatest Hunter" by himself before without the Thermos. "Let's keep looking."

Sam rolled her violet eyes in exasperation before tramping after him, "State the obvious will ya."
"Danny! Where are you!?" Tucker called out as the two hopped from floating rock to floating rock.

"Look Sam," Tucker called out, pointing forward to a figure on the horizon, "I see someone up ahead, maybe it's Danny."

"That's what's got us in this mess in the first place, you saying we should go ask for directions from the person up ahead and having it turn out to be Skulker!" Sam growled with severe irritation.

"Come on Sam, don't worry so much. After all in the Ghost-Zone, it's us that are the ghosts. What harm can come of it?" Tucker said coaxingly.

"Fine," Sam muttered as she continued to follow him.

"Hey, it's Danny!" Tucker cried as he identified the white hair and silver and black hazmat suit the figure wore.

"Danny!" He called out, and exchanged looks with his gothic companion when there was no response from their friend.

"Danny!" This time it was Sam who called the halfling's name, with still no response. As they approached they noticed that the sleeves had been torn from his hazmat suit and bandages wrapped around his lower arms. "Maybe something happened. It's like he's in a trance or something."

 "Yo Danny!" Tucker said as he heavily clapped a hand on the figure's shoulder. "What happened to you?"

As the figure whirled about Tucker's gasp was cut off with a choking noise as the youth's silver staff was thrust against his neck and pressed painfully against his exposed throat. Glowing green eyes looked at him with hostile curiosity.

"Danny!" Sam cried out, scandalised by his behaviour before doing a double take.

The Phantom that stood before them was identical to their friend, in height, build and face. He also had the same white hair, glowing green eyes and similar silver and black hazmat suit. One major difference—the stylised 'D' that Sam had placed on Danny's chest after the incident with Desiree was gone. In its place was an 'S.'

The ghostly youth cocked his head to the side as he arched a pierce eyebrow at them, "Are you talking to me?"

"Sorry!" Tucker croaked, "Mistake!"

Other differences in the hazmat suit—the embellishment of belt straps, chains and belted pouches—registered for the two human friends.

"Who's calling my name?" A sweetly feminine voice questioned from behind them.

Turning their heads Sam and Tucker looked at the girl Phantom floating there that was almost identical to the boy who stood before them. She too had short white hair, green eyes; the black and silver hazmat suit more closely resembled Danny's but still had belts and pouches embellishing it, and carried a staff. Upon the breast of her suit was the expected 'D.'

"What?" Sam asked in confusion.

"My name," the girl Phantom replied as she tilted her head to the side, "Someone was shouting Danni."

"Ah sis, I don't think they were calling you," the ghost boy commented as he removed his staff from Tucker's larynx.

"You're right, I don't think they were," the Phantom girl agreed after a moment of consideration, floating over Sam and Tucker to hover at her brother's side.

"What are you two human's doing in the Ghost-Zone?" the boy asked with evident curiosity as the two ghosts and two humans eyed each other.

"Something happened to the Fenton Portal while—" Sam began.

"Did you say Fenton?" the ghost girl interrupted.

"Yes," Sam replied uneasily.

The two Phantoms exchanged speaking looks before looking back at the two humans. It was the girl ghost that asked the question though, "What are your names?"

"I'm Tucker Foley and this is Sam Manson." Tucker introduced.

Once again glances were exchanged between glowing green eyes as they said with once voice.

"Crap."

"They're not supposed to be here," the girl said fretfully as she plopped onto the ground, "Or we're not supposed to be here."

"Obviously," the boy muttered, irritated with his sister's redundant statement. "I just knew I shouldn't have gotten out of bed this morning."

"Wanna bet I know who's responsible for this?" the girl Phantom inquired casually.

"I don't bet against sure things," the boy grumbled, glaring at the two humans with frustration.

"Pity," the girl drawled as she once again began to float in the air. "Well it looks like the only thing we can do is get you guys home."

"You can get all of us home? How?" Sam questioned suspiciously, ghost were never this helpful without a reason.

"All? Just how many of there are you?" The boy Phantom asked as he too lifted from the ground in a hover.

"We'll there's myself, Tucker, Danny, and Valerie, as well as Dash, Paulina, Kwan and Star. But we don't know where they are right now." Sam reluctantly admitted.

The boy ghost growled—great, more work. Now they not only had to find the other humans of the group, get them back to their homes, but they also had to ensure that a certain Important Fact remained a secret so that his and his sister's own time remained unaffected.

"Of course we can get you all home," the ghost girl said as the two began drifting away, "Clockwork is the Master of Time after all."

"Wait! Clockwork? What does he have to do with this?" Sam demanded as she and Tucker began to follow the floating forms of the two Phantoms.

"Everything," the girl replied over her shoulder with a chuckle and grin, "We work for him."