Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Glitches in Time ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6

"Can I ask you two a question?" Danny asked, unsure about how to approach his question but definitely wanting answers.

"Sure!" Danielle chirped happily as she floating backwards facing them all, "I love questions."

"You're from the future right?" Danny said, figuring it would be safer to check that out first.

"Ah-ha," she said quizzically tilting her head to the side, "What about it?"

"And you're both Phantoms?"

"Yep," she said as her head tilted more, her body also tilting in the air.

"Are you my kids?" Danny finally blurted out.

The two siblings gave him very 'Duh!' looks.

"Nah, what gave us away?" Samuel growled sardonically, "The white hair? Glowing green eyes? Or was it the black and silver outfits? No wait, maybe it was the names. I wonder, hum…!"

"I knew it!" Tucker crowed gleefully as he pumped a fist into the air. "I just knew they were yours!"

Valerie looked at the three Phantoms, unsurprised really about the revelation, but she did wonder just how ghosts procreated—it was however a thought that did not please her. As if one ghost kid was bad enough apparently in the future she had to deal with even more! And that rather pissed her off because that meant she hadn't yet gotten rid of the Ghost-Boy.

Sam was also not totally surprised, unconsciously suspecting the same thing herself—but she was caught unaware by the sudden rioting emotions that surged through her. Personally uncomfortable with the though of Danny having children for reasons she did not want to examine too closely. If the two were Danny kids though, who was their mother? Or did the fact that they were ghosts mean that they had been sired by Phantom with another ghost?

Dash looked at the stunned expression on Phantom's face, the celebrating Nerd King, an upset Vampira, an irritated looking Valerie, and the curious expressions on Kwan, Paulina, and Star's faces. Damnit, he had missed something again. This was not the first time an exchange had went over his head but it still madden him to be left out

"Who's your madre(1) then?" Paulina asked the question predominate on a few other minds—Danny and Sam's in particular. The looked at the talkative girl Phantom eagerly, particularly Tucker who looked forward to rubbing the knowledge into Danny's face.

"That's for us to know and you to never find out," Danielle chirped with a big grin.

Paulina's full lips formed a pout as the others faces fell with disappointment.

"What are you guys talking about?" Dash said belligerently; frustrated with being left out and angry at having to admit it through his question.

The two Phantoms exchanged looks of silent communication. Danielle floated towards the blonde quarterback and halted before him.

 "In the future Danny Phantom has four children," she said as she held up four fingers.

"He has four?" Valerie exclaimed in horror, three Phantoms were bad enough, but five? Tucker looked impressed and Danny just looked stunned.

"Yes, four," Danielle confirmed and began ticking them off, "Us two, as well as Lilith and Jedidiah."

Dash muddled over that. "How does a ghost have kids?"

"Daddy's a rather special ghost," Danielle answered as she cast a look over her shoulder at Danny and then blinked at the ghostly pirate that loomed up behind the halfling.

"I have you now Ghost Boy!" The second-in-command of the Ghost-Zone's prison warden exclaimed as an ecto-net descended upon the unsuspecting halfling.

Danny screamed as the glowing mesh sent pulses of ectoplasm though his body and immobilised him. Cries that were echoed by the humans, either in fear at the ghost's sudden appearance or in worry over their halfling friend.

"Bringing in more human contraband I see!" Bullet gloated as he stood over the writhing form of the escaped prisoner. Ghostly prison guards standing at attention behind him, smirks on their own faces visible through their riot helmets. "You know that's against the rules."

"Excuse me," a female voice said in annoyance.

Looking up from his pain stricken captive, the seedy ghost looked with interest at the pretty female ghost that was floating towards him.

"And who are you sugar?" Bullet said with a leer.

"Danni!" The girl said prettily as she stopped in front of him.

"What?" Bullet said with a sudden frown of suspicious worry.

"You know, Danni?" the girl said in a reasonable tone of voice, as almost casually the end of her staff dropped onto the Ghost Boy's trapped form and short circuited the ectoplasm net. "The same name as this guy here."

"You're interfering with prison business." Bullet protested as he shifted behind the prison guards as the Ghost Boy shook off the ecto-net. "That's against the rules!"

"No," an angry voice growled from behind him. Whirling Bullet stared at the evilly grinning face just inches from his own. "Leering at my sister—now that's against the rules."

Stars exploded in Bullet's head as a metal object contacted solidly with his head. Knocking him backwards to collide with the ghost guards behind him and causing a tangled heap of ghostly bodies.

The pirate looking ghost gazed dazedly upwards at the two ghosts floating over him, blades of green ectoplasm emerging from the staffs they carried to create scythes.

"Trespassing is also against the rules," the girl ghost almost purred with a sly expression on her face.

"Especially against those in the service of the Old Ones(2)," the boy growled with an evil smirk.

Bullet blinked and then really looked at the two ghosts. There—resting against their collarbones—was a gold and black medallion with a stylized interlocking C and W.

Clockwork.

 "Crap," he whispered, one red eye bulging in fearful dismay. Once his rattled wits had collected enough, he scrambled to his feet and prostrated himself before the two ghosts. The guards accompanying him following suit. "Forgive me Chosen Ones of the Master of Time. For I in my ignorance have sinned against the Old One."

The siblings rolled their eyes, darn it, he knew the ritual words of pardon. Technically speaking they could still melt out any punishment they chose, but it was no more fun once they started grovelling.

"Forgiven, so mote it be," Samuel growled distastefully, personally aching to get another hit in for the guy's formerly slimy attitude towards his sister.

Rising only enough to move, the group of prison ghosts backed away, avoiding making eye contact with the two Chosen Ghosts or those under their protection. Doing so would be considered an insult according to the rules and would give the Chosen Ones even more reason to punish them as they desired. And there would be given no second chance to plead for a pardon.

Danielle sighed as the bunch of ghosts vanished from sight into the Ghost-Zone. "It's no fun when they know the rules."

"Is Clockwork really such a terrifying ghost?" Valerie questioned, making the connection between the medallions the two future Phantoms wore and the pure fear that the other ghosts had displayed.  Suddenly extremely nervous. A nervousness that was shared by the rest of the group as they edged closer together.

"Nah," Danielle said as she turned back to them cheerfully, "But he's one of the Top 10 Old Ones You Don't Want to Tick Off."

"What do you mean?" Valerie asked warily.

"Think about it. He's the Master of Time. How miserable could he make your life?"

Eight people though about it. Then eight people shuddered at the multitude of possibilities.


Footnotes:
(1) Madre (Spanish) n. mother
(2) Old Ones. Well… I don't really want to refer to them as "Elders", which are what they are in a sense, and what they are not as well. Just another instant of my personal preference making itself known I guess (remember that peeve about halfas?). "Old One" sounds more mysterious and majestic then "Elder" I think, and no insult is intended towards Native Elders at all, they are very wise people and I only hold them in respect.