Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Glitches in Time ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9

The spectators watched the battle between the two ghosts incredulously, each having their own thoughts about what was going on.

Danny, Sam, and Tucker were sent mentally reeling by the scene they had just witnessed. Vlad Plasmius—Danny's archenemy who had foiled and taunted him at every turn had just been beaten—with absolutely no effort. Beaten non the less by Danny's future daughter. Who had used abilities they had never seen before or even thought possible.

Danny wondered in confusion, ‘How are such powers possible?' His mind grappling for an explanation he thought back, comparing what he knew of himself, Vlad, and his future daughter. He had received his powers at age fourteen, Vlad in his mid-twenties. He could use the Ghostly Wail. Something he had not yet seen used by any other ghost or even Vlad.

‘I wonder, if because I received my powers earlier, does that mean that I have the potential to develop greater abilities?' Danny thought. If this was true it would explain why and how, Danielle who was fourteen and obviously born with her powers, was capable of such feats.

Sam and Tucker were thinking along different lines. They had never seen Danny combat Vlad, just the aftermath that left Danny almost broken every time. But they had seen Danny defeat ghost after ghost, ergo Vlad must be even more powerful the their best-friend, and Danielle had beaten Vald with no effort what so ever. She had not needed the Fenton-Spectre-Deflector or any other Fenton weapons—she had defeated him at his peak. How did she do that?

Valerie watched the battle, not fully comprehending the magnitude of what was occurring. Though she had never seen any of the moves or attacks preformed by the Ghost-Girl preformed by any other ghost, every ghost had unique abilities thus she had no reason to suspect that this was any different and that what she was witnessing was consider impossible. She did not do much researching into ghosts, preferring to direct her energy directly into hunting them. But she knew enough from the expression on Phantom's face that something was up. Something that scared even him.

The remaining four humans, Dash, Paulina, Kwan, and Star all had their thoughts running along similar lines. The ghosts that kept showing up at school could do nothinglike this. Heck even Phantom when he appeared and fought didn't use such abilities. The entire thing was rather surreal, like they were watching an action movie where the good guys turned out to be more dangerous then the bad guys.

While the seven humans and one halfling contemplated the poweress of the female Phantom, Vlad began to take stock, taking time to actually look over his opponent and begin to notice certain things.

She had the normal glowing ghost eyes of green with snowy coloured hair and her skin however did not possess the coloured tinge that a majority of ghosts had. Her's was remarkably human in complexion. Her face though could only be described as a feminine form of Daniel's.

There was also a striking similarity between the girl and Daniel's outfits, the primary colour scheme of black and silver, although the girl's was embellished with other accessories. Two belts were draped around her waist and two pouches were belted against her thighs as well, she also carried a staff as though it was an extension of herself.

What he spotted on the neck of the girl's costume however knocked the thoughts of how similar the girl and Daniel were right out of his head. Though he had never seen an Old Ones' medallion himself, he had seen drawings of them and had memorised the insignias of the more powerful ones.

The emblem of the girl's was an interlocking C and W and that meant only one Old One, one of the more elusive and powerful ones as well—the Master of Time.

"You are a Chosen One of the Master of Time," Vlad observed as he regained his composure and his natural arrogance reasserted itself. Briefly checking out the second ghost, confirming that he also wore an Old Ones' medallion on his throat.

"Someone's a little slow today. Like bloody hell, Daddy figured that one out before you!" Danielle said disgustedly as she floated to her brother's side.

"Daddy?" Vlad questioned as a single eyebrow arched superciliously.

"Oh please," Danielle muttered irately, "don't tell me you haven't noticed."

"The similarities between Daniel and you two?" Vlad said smoothly, one again taking note of the three nearly identical ghosts. "Then I am to correctly assume that you and your companion are the future offspring of Daniel?"

"Hallelujah! We have contact!" Danielle exclaimed exasperatedly.

"Fascinating," Vlad murmured, wondering what the impact of their existence meant to himself. Primarily about what happened to some of his more ‘special' future plans

"We're twins actually," Danielle admitted, "besides myself, there's Lilith and as I've already mentioned, Jed."

Plasmius's eyes narrowed at the information. So it appeared that Daniel was in a steady relationship and these two weren't just an accidental occurrence. But who was their mother? That they knew of their ghost genes pointed to the possibility that their mother was a ghost, but was it also possible that the genes of a human-ghost cross were dominant thus the mother was human.

The only way to get answerers to his questions was by remaining with the two future children, something that Daniel would protest vigorously. Now how to arrange for himself to accompany this misfit group.... Mentally Vlad cringed at the only possibility, he hated humbling himself.

"Forgive me Chosen Ones of the Master of Time. For I in my ignorance have sinned against the Old One." Vlad began.

The two twins exchanged looks, something was up, Plasmius was not someone who would invoke the Ritual of Pardon.

"For the crime I have committed, I wish to tenure my apologies to the Master of Time if the Old One will grand me audience."

The twins rolled their eyes, now they got it. That was a right of the protocol that was rarely invoked, actually requesting an audience with the Old One.

"Granted, so mote it be," Danielle declared, knowing that as Plasmius now had knowledge of them, Clockwork would be very interested in seeing the other halfling. For reasons that unfortunately would not benefit Vlad in any way.

"What?" Danny asked suspiciously, recognising the concluding phrase from when Samuel had said it to Bullet.

"Vlad will be joining us," Danielle said with a cheeky grin mentally savouring the resulting explosion. Ah, some things never changed, like her father's apparent dislike for his initial archenemy and later prime annoyance.

[][][]

"Here it is, the Gate Grove," Danielle exclaimed as she broadly swept her arms out in an indicating gesture.

Everyone looked at the massive structures that loomed over them, strongly resembling the gates that lead to Japanese Shinto shrines. Between the two pillars was nothing but empty space, not even a swirling vortex like with the Fenton Portal.

"Ah... you sure they work?" Valerie questioned sceptically, they looked a little old and worn to her as they walked among the floating gates, looking at the weird emblems carved upon them.

"Of course they do, but a little forewarning—you don't ever go though a Gate without an escort or previous permission." Danielle warned, casting a side look to Plasmius.

"Why not?" Danny asked, poking at one of the pillars.

"‘Cause the Old Ones don't like it." Danielle said cheerfully. "And when they don't like something you do, they take it out on you."

"What happens to you?" Tucker questioned.

"Well it depends on the Old One." Danielle said distractedly as she and her twin searched for Clockwork's Gate.

"Well give us an example." Sam said.

"Okay, the last ghost that went though Clockwork's Gate was—ah there it is!" Danielle explained as she spotted what the siblings were looking for.

"Was...?" Sam urged pointedly as she and everyone was arranged in front of the gate by the ghost twins.

"Oh, was tossed into the late Cretaceous period." Danielle concluded.

"That doesn't sound too bad," Tucker commented. "He got to see the dinosaurs after all."

"Try right before the meteorite hit." Samuel added dryly.

"Ouch," Tucker winced.

"Yeah, ouch is right." Danielle said with a nod. "Now everyone hold hands."

The members of the group looked at each other. There was no way they were holding hands with each other.

Danielle raised an eyebrow at them, "You will hold hands, or you're not getting home. Is this clear?"

Sam instantly seized Tucker and Danny's hands, as interesting as this was, there was no way she was spending the rest of eternity with a perky ghost. With low grumblings, the others also linked hands. Paulina eagerly seizing Phantom's free hand and exchanged deadly glares with Sam. Vlad of all people ended up holding hands with Dash and Samuel.

"Now don't let go or there's no telling when you'll end up and ignore the tingling, it's normal." Danielle said cheerfully as she and Samuel who were at the ends of the chain plunged through the gate, a blinding blue-white light flaring out to envelop them all.