Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Happy ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Happy
 
Tucker Foley liked seeing his friends happy. Yes, at times he seemed self-centered and oblivious, but that was just because every now and then he got tired of being left out of the limelight. Normally though, his happiness was about proportional to his friends'.
 
So he decided to be happy.
 
They were absolutely ecstatic. Sam gushed as much as any girl would have, and Danny was a mix of nerves and excitement. They were hardly shaking off their college years, and barely past being old enough to drink, but it was settled the moment they finally locked lips: they were getting married.
 
Tucker, as any best friend would be, had been at Danny's side the whole time. He helped schedule the whole thing, helped plan it out, because they were his friends and they were breaking down beneath the pressure. Sam nearly grabbed Danny and fled just to get eloped, but he calmed down so they could handle it like adults.
 
Adults.
 
They were supposed to be adults, and he was supposed to be keeping them in the right frame of mind. When they did need a break he let them go off to be the immature people they were so naturally. But he kept himself acting like an adult, because he was afraid to let himself act up, especially around Sam.
 
It was simple logic, really. It nearly pained him to see Sam dressed up in the pure white, an inverse of her usual gothic attire, with the same design. The wedding was planned with masks, because she had swooned over them not so long ago, and Danny had laughed and agreed. So with her corset and lace she had a white-beaded mask over her eyes.
 
It hurt worse to see her cuddled up with Danny as they chuckled and whispered to each other, just as any other couple.
 
What hurt the most?
 
They were happy.
 
Tuck had had a crush on Sam since high school, in the same time she developed feelings for Danny. He'd joked and poked fun at her, but really he had wished otherwise. He had kept quiet about his crush, and it had worked, because both she and Danny remained completely oblivious. Not that ignoring it made it go away. No, it had festered inside him.
 
But he knew Sam and Danny were happy. Since they'd first started dating their relationship only grew stronger—they'd already been best friends. And now they getting married, and they were happy.
 
So he was happy.
 
Happy for them. Happy that they could have this. Happy that his two best friends could find love like this.
 
He could do that much for them.
 
Notes:
I can see Tuck/Sam. ((And the show is leaning towards Val/Danny now anyway.)) I don't quite see Sam returning the feeling, but Tuck could definitely have it.
We rarely get to see the contemplative side of Tucker, and he's never in my stories enough. I should give him more love.
That being said, I might have a story idea for them…