Dead Or Alive Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Ninja Gaiden: Fiendish Imprisonment ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[A/N]: Standard disclaimer: I don't own Ninja Gaiden. Here's chapter 2.
 
 
 
CHAPTER 2
 
Ryu didn't know how long he had been walking through the whiteout. Within the endless blizzard, Ryu could hardly see past his nose and he had long since lost all feeling in his body. A few times now he had been forced to summon his fiery Ninpo to warm himself and keep from frostbite. But the flames never lasted long and Ryu reckoned that he only had enough energy for one last usage of Ninpo magic.
 
As he dragged himself through the frozen wasteland, Ryu started to see shapes and structures shadowed against the side of the mountains. Voices soon began to accompany these structures, and Ryu conceded to the fact that he was becoming delusional. However it was when the voices started turning into shouts and cries of pain that Ryu snapped himself awake. Fueled by adrenaline and instinct, Ryu dashed forward; his feet no longer encumbered by the thick snow. In a single leap, he cleared a strange rocky outcropping and landed in what appeared to be a closed in courtyard.
 
Within the courtyard, humans fought a losing battle against Fiends; brownish-yellow imp-like creatures with a single talon on each arm. Ryu was stunned for a moment -barely moving- until a cry shook him from his stupor. He hurled himself forward, the Dragon Sword whipped in an arc, it clove through one of the Fiends and the Fiend dropped dead to the ground. This seemed to alert the other Fiends to his presence and they all stepped away from the remaining humans and slowly stalked towards Ryu. The Dragon Ninja counted half-a-dozen Fiends and his brow knitted in concentration. Normally it wouldn't be even worth his time to defeat this small a number of such low level Fiends, but in his present condition Ryu doubted that he could even take on half the Fiends present before he collapsed from exhaustion.
 
Ryu drew on his last and only strategy. He took a deep breath to steady himself and then turned his focus inward. It had become a second nature for him -the manipulation of his bioelectrical current- and it took him only an instant to do so. The energy forced him up into the air and Ryu arched his back in a bestial roar. Lighting exploded from his body and sought out the six Fiends on instinct. The instant it struck them, the Fiends were vaporized. They barely even had time to shriek out their last cry of death.
 
Ryu dropped to the ground and collapsed to his knees. The Dragon Sword rolled from his grasp and he felt himself falling forward. Darkness began to creep into his vision and his breathing became slow and labored. Ryu barely noted the shouts of concern directed his way as he fell forward and the darkness claimed him…