Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Mikami ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Death Note belongs to Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata. Card Captor Sakura belongs to CLAMP and Kodansha. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Don't steal and don't sue. Thank you *Phantomness bows*
Card Captor Mikami - Part 2
 
Mikami read the newspaper quietly, watching as Cerberus scarfed down the chocolate pudding, smearing chocolate over his paws and face. The guardian had told him that he had been unable to sense any cards so far, and Mikami had nodded.
He would be patient. He was sure some would appear soon.
The idea of having to battle supernatural forces was slightly daunting. However, he was confident that it could be managed. After all, he had justice on his side.
He studied the embossed surface of the Libra card, running his fingers over the imprint of the sun and moon, hanging from their scale.
Behind him, Cerberus stopped in mid-chew, a perplexed expression crossing his face. “Teru.”
“Yes?”
“I sense the presence of a card.”
Were things moving so quickly? Mikami folded up the newspaper, tucked his glasses into the front breast pocket of his suit. “I see. Where?”
“Close to here…” Cerberus frowned, wings fluttering. “But I am unsure as to which card it is.”
Mikami nodded, and five minutes later, they were speeding down the streets at midnight, Cerberus hanging on tightly to Mikami's jacket as the prosecutor attempted to drive his motorcycle without utilizing the handlebars, clutching the Sealing Wand tightly.
“There it is!”
Mikami frowned, seeing a small white form darting away into an alleyway. “That stray cat?”
“No! It's not a cat!” Cerberus yelled. “That's the Dash card!”
“Dash…”
Mikami swerved, wincing as he heard several trashcans clatter to the ground. It seemed that he had overestimated his motorcycle's capacities. He cut the engine and slid off, drawing the wand as he advanced upon the creature.
Really, at close quarters, there was no way he could have mistaken it for a cat. The long ears and strange markings were enough evidence. Mikami stepped forwards, smiling. It would be quick…
“Yes! Now.” Cerberus instructed. “The chant I told you earlier!”
“Return to the guise you were meant to be in, Clow Card.” Mikami said, carefully. The fox blinked, once, twice, before it's body dissolved into ribbons of white energy, coalescing into a card that drifted into his hand.
Cerberus clapped. “That was great! It's a pity you don't have any offensive cards, but I think you'll do just fine! Now you have to write your name on the bottom of the card to seal it completely.”
Mikami slowly nodded, penning his name on the bottom with his ever-present ballpoint pen, and tucked the Dash Card away.
It was just one card, but it felt like one step closer to his goal.
Don't worry, Kira.
I'll capture these Cards, and then I'll prove myself. I'll be the loyal servant you need. And you'll see me, and choose me…
I have no doubt it will end this way.
 
The End
Completed 2/13/07
As I said before, it's a collection of drabbles all set in the same universe, so they may not be in order! Card-wise, and I can time jump if I feel like it. I can't remember if Mikami had a motorcycle, but he definitely had a car!
Dude, I made Kero-chan totally talk so formally. Must be Mikami's influence…