Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death By Chocolate ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

For: Ruriruri
Fandom: Death Note
Characters: Mello, Matt
Words: 379
 
Death By Chocolate
 
Matt began unloading the month's supply of groceries, starting with the 24 crates full of chocolate that Mello had requested.
 
Afterward, he went to have a chat with Mello who, as usual, was nursing a candy bar in one hand.
 
“Uh, Mello?”
 
“Wha?”
 
“You ever think, um, maybe you should cool it on the chocolate for a while?”
 
Mello bit into his candy bar, and chewed loudly, un-amused. “Why?”
 
“Well, it's just…” Matt scratched the back of his head. “You eat an awful lot of those things and… it can't be healthy.”
 
Mello stood up, showing off his slender physique. “Matt. Do I look unhealthy to you? I'm skinny as a twig.”
 
“I know.”
 
“You have nothing to worry about.”
 
“All right.”
 
Mello licked the chocolate off his fingers. “Now hand me another candy bar.”
 
-
 
“Mr. Mello, you have diabetes.”
 
“What?” Mello couldn't believe the doctor's diagnosis. “But—how?”
 
“Well, at this point we can't be exactly sure. There are a number of factors that can increase the risk of diabetes but… My guess is probably from consuming those 52 candy bars a day.”
 
“…Oh.”
 
“I mean, did it ever occur to you that maybe you shouldn't eat so much chocolate all the time? That maybe you should explore the other food groups every once and a while?”
 
Mello shrugged. “Well, I'm so skinny, I thought it wasn't affecting my health—“
 
“Fifty-two candy bars a day, Mr. Mello! Fifty-two! That's madness!” The doctor turned around to jot some notes down on his chart. “From now on, I want you off chocolate. No more chocolate.
 
He turned back to Mello. “If you eat one more piece of candy, it could—Hey, are you eating a chocolate bar right now?!”
 
Mello blinked, mouth frozen in half-bite. “Just a little one.”
 
“I mean it, Mr. Mello. I forbid you to eat chocolate. Doctor's orders. Is that clear?”
 
Mello's eyes narrowed, and he swallowed the dark chocolate in his mouth. His voice lowered dangerously. “Crystal.
 
-
 
On the way out, Mello made sure to memorize the doctor's name. Guess the Death Note would come in handy tonight.
 
He took a bite of his candy bar, smacking his lips. “Hmph. It'll serve that bitch right telling me I can't have my chocolate.”