Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Death Note : Rebirth
-Chapter 5-
-The Beginning-

After finally getting rid of the one that got him killed, Light was now free to form the new world without being obstructed by any human. Now, not even a death god cold stop him. And so, he had to start eradicating evil off the face of the Earth. But for that he would need access to internet and television and as a death god he couldn't use such technology. He had o find a supporter belonging to the human world and willing to help him.
"Ryuk, let's pay Misa a visit..."
"He,he...Haven't seen her in quite a while..."
A few minutes later they were already at what they thought it would be Misas' old apartment.
"Are you sure she's still here, Light?"
"We don't know until we take a look, right?"
They entered the house but they found no one inside. So they started looking for something that might belong to Misa just to be sure she still lives here. After about an hour of searching, Light now stood quite surprised in front of a drawer from the bedroom. There it lied...the one of a kind Death Note that remained in the human world for so many years.
<<Looks like Near forgot about this one....>> thought Light. <<How foolish of her to leave it in plain sight like this...>>
"Light! I think you should see this..."
"What is it Ryuk?"
"Here...read this..."
Ryuk gave Light a small note that looked quite old.
<< To anyone who finds this note first. By the time you find it I will most probably be already dead...Yes, dead...Just like my one and only love...I tried to live on without him but I just can't stand it anymore. Maybe...maybe if I die...I will be able to meet him again. This is the only hope that's left for me.
P.S. : Since most likely you won't find my body there won't be any tombstone with my name on it so please tell my public that I got tired of show business and went to live somewhere on a sunny island. >>
"Stupid girl. I wondered why I even tried. I can't use her anymore..."
Light floated towards the living room and sat on a couch.
"Erm...what now, Light?"
"I don't know Ryuk. I guess we'll just have to keep searching for a supporter until-...wait...what if..."
"What if what?"
"Misa said in the note that her body shouldn't possibly be found, right?" said Light while hurrying to the room where they found the note.
"Yeah, so?"
"So she should have used a method that couldn't fail, right?"
"Yeah, but-"
Light picked up the Death Note he found earlier, went to the last page that was written and found what he was looking for.
<< Amane Misa suffers a peaceful death on 22nd February at 23:45. After that, her body disappears and is never to be found again. >>
"But people can't write their own names in Death Notes, Light..."
"Exactly."
"Huh?"
"It means someone else wrote it for her... Someone trustworthy enough to hand him the secret of the Death Note."
"But the Note is still here."
"He or she was probably too afraid to use it any further. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that if Misa trusted this person, he most probably is a supporter of mine."
"But how do we find this guy, anyway?"
"It's time to go to prison Ryuk..."
"Huh?"
Meanwhile, back in the land of death gods, a booming sound resonated throughout the entire realm...The voice of the King...
"This is impossible!"