Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Anihilation ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 11
 
ANIHILATION
 
Almost two years ago, Light finished his job in the human land, where no more criminals have made their appearance, and went in the death god realm from where he ruled over both worlds.
`Boredom' was now a very uncommon word between death gods. Light had created for them an almost perfect realm dedicated simply for fun. He arranged certain places for gambling games, and other places for drinking and eating, again, for other death gods' pleasure. Nobody knew where all these things came from, but who cared, anyway?
“Mikami, gather all death gods in front of the throne. I want to tell them something.”
“What is it?”
“You'll see.”
“Alright. I'll go fetch them.”
It took about four hours until all of them were finally at their places near the throne.
“Dear comrades, thank you all for gathering here. Today, I want all of use to celebrate the two years since we've made ourselves a bright new civilization. And to do this, I have the perfect idea. Starting now, we will begin to-“
“What the hell do you think you're doing?”
“Huh?”
“I repeat. What the hell are you doing?”
Light turned around to see a mere human standing before him.
“And who the hell do you think you are to talk to me like that? And how did you enter this realm, anyway?” replied Light to the small man.
“How dare you? I am the one that made possible your existence! I am the creator of the Death Notes that you use as weapons!”
“You're- . . . You can't be . . .”
“Yes, I am. It is I, the great Enma that is more powerful than all of you here.”
“And what can you possibly do to us?”
“What can I do? That's an easy question. See him?” said Enma while pointing towards Mikami.
“Don't you-“
But Light was too late. Mikami was already turned into ashes.
“So are you really going to-“
“Yes, I am really going to kill you too.”
“I will not accept that. I don't deserve being killed by you!”
“Oh? And what will you do?”
“What will I do? That's an even easier question. Ryuk?”
“But-“
“No `but'!”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes, I'm sure! Do it now, Ryuk!”
“Very well.”
Ryuk pulled out a Death Note and wrote the name `Yagami Light' inside of it.
“Don't be foolish, young death god. You can't kill one of your own with only a Death Note.”
Enma was right. Partially. Fourty seconds later, Light was slowly turning into ashes.
“What? But it can't be! That notebook belonged to Cero!”
“Not anymore. He's dead too.” said Ryuk while writing his own name in the notebook.
“What are you doing?”
“I'm going, too.”
“But-“
Enma tried to say something but Ryuk was already dead.
“Damn it. Eh, anyway, it was easier than I thought.” said Enma while slowly fading away from the realm.