Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Kidnap ( Chapter 50 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 8

KIDNAP


"Misaki, we'll have to postpone the attack for now."
"Why? Is there something wrong?"
"I'm not really sure yet, but something's definitely going on adn we will have to leave the plan aside until I get to the bottom of this."
"Alright; if you say so, Light."
"Meanwhile, I want you to do something for me."
"What is it?"
"I want you to find out exactly what happened when L blew up the death god realm."
"What exactly do you want to know?"
"I want to know how come a small part of humans are part death gods and part humans and, the most important thing, how come they have the memories of the former death gods."
"That might be a little tricky to find out."
"I know, that's why I gave you this job and not to someone else."
"I'm honored ... I think ..."
"You should be. This means you have great potential, Misaki."
"If you say it then it must be true. I'll be leaving then ..."
"See you later ..."
Misaki left and Light remained alone near the Altar. It wasn't quite the best place to stay in, but since there was no throne, he had no better place.
<< Maybe I should build one. >> he thought. He wished he had his old throne from the old death god realm. It was quite comfortable and its powers would really come in handy.

*

"What the hell ... happened?"
Light was now ... somewhere else. The last thing he remembered was thinking about comfortable chairs and after that everything suddenly disappeared before his eyes and now he woke up here. Where evere "here" was. He couldn't see. He realised that he had his face covered with something and his hands and legs were tied up. Moreover, he felt an immense preasure inside his head bothering him.
<< Somebody probably knocked me out and dragged me here. I wonder why? >>
He still asked himself that, despite knowing there were plenty of reasons for someone to do this.
He recently found out that two of the Followers were currently living on Swallow island. Yes, spies. They probably waited for the perfect moment to kidnap him so he wouldn't be able to order the attack on the faction.
<< But why won't they kill me? What would they need me for? >>