Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Gone ( Chapter 59 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
CHAPTER 17
 
GONE
 
 
Ryuk lazily got up from his head and headed downstairs. He noticed a letter lying on the floor in front of the entrance the door. He went towards it, picked it up and ripped apart the envelope. He then took out of it a small piece of paper and read it.
<< Seventeen years from now remember to drop one of your Death Notes in the human world. You won't regret it. Your friend, the human. >>
“What the hell? Is the world really full of idiots?”
Ryuk tore apart the letter and threw it in the garbage can.
“I hate these dumb ass idiots who don't have a life. Anyway I have to go to the island now.”
<< And I have to stop talking to myself too. >>
 
*
 
“Seriously now, Cero, you've done a really great job. But what will we do with only one Death Note?”
“One? Who said I only have one? I have an infinite supply. I told Enma to create it down in the cellars.”
“But how do the -“
“Does it really matter?”
“Not really, but -“
“Anyway. About the Altar now.”
“Huh? What about it?”
“Enma told me about a secret that the Altar of Dehumanizing holds. Apparently it can give to death gods special eyes which you can use to see humans' names and life spans above them. And the Altar can also give us the power to teleport anywhere we want to.”
“That's brilliant!”
“But are you sure this will work?” asked Ryuk who had just arrived at the island.
“Of course it will. This is what Enma said and I trust him.”
“How could you trust someone who wanted to kill you when he first saw you?”
“Just shut up already.”
“Oh, fine.”
“I have to work now so try to be quiet.”
Cero separated from the group and headed towards the Altar. He touched each of the pillars in a certain order and then he sat down in the middle of the pentagram.
<< I hope this is the right order. Enma didn't really finish telling me all the plan because of that idiot. >>
All the pillars suddenly retreated into the ground and the pentagram burst into flames.
“It works!” yelled one of the death gods.
“Of course it works, idiots.” said Cero.
<< This was not supposed to happen. Damn. I think I did something wrong. >>
The snake holding the cross drawn in the middle of the Altar started morphing into a real snake, threw the cross on the ground and then yelled at Cero.
“You fool! Look at what you've done!”
The ground started shaking and cracking all over the place. Most of the death gods panicked and tried to leave the island as quickly as possible but as soon as they moved the burning pentagram spread its flames in such a way that they blocked the their paths.
They were all trapped on the island and none knew what was going to happen to them. In only a few moments the entire island was surrounded by fire. By the time Cero managed to find a way out of this mess, it was too late.
The entire island was completely destroyed in an explosion.