Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ JingleJingle goes the chains. ❯ The beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Raito grumbled again. He had been sitting like a statue on the same leather couch for over an hour now. Next to him, his "partner", L, stared up at the large screen TV like a love struck child. His big black eyes widened even more (if that was possible) as the commercial ended and the chef continued to bake his strawberry cake. Raito sighed, finally turning his head to stare out the window, looking up at the clear blue sky. A few white fluffy clouds floating under the sun, creating a dark shadow that cast down over the busy people which bustled along, unaware that Kira himself was watching them. L ignored Raito, only drooling over the deliciouse cake that was presented on tv. Balencing himself on the balls of his feet, he reached out with a handcuffed hand, wanting the cake so very badly. The chain that connected L and Raito jingled, making Raito look up.

"What an idiot. How could he have become the greatest detective ever, hes so easily distracted by anything sweet." Raito thought as he rolled his eyes, slowly running his free hand through his dark brown locks. He had to go, somewhere, anywhere. He was tired of looking at either cakes, or that idiotic blank stare.

"Ryuzaki." He said at once, his voice stiffled by annoyence. He stood as he spoke.

L ignored him a moment longer then pried his eyes away from the TV, staring innocently up at the boy, his eyes two pools of darkness, his pale hands hugging his knees.

"Yes, Yagami-kun?" He asked softly, his voice quiet, innocent. Yet held an air of dullness that only a six year old could manage.

"Shouldn't we be looking for Kira?"

"But..Yagami-kun.." L said, his eyes widening even more (if it was possible) as he turned his head back to the TV, then back to Raito. Raito growled angrilly.

"Why does he always give me that cute look..wait..what?" He thought as he shook his head, grabbing the middle of the chain and pulling. L grabbed the arm of the couch and held tight.

"Waaait Yagami-kun they're putting the icing on!" He nearly whined. His mouth opening, chained arm stretched out towards Raito, the other clinging helplessly to the arm of the couch.

"I..Don't..CARE." Raito growled out as he yanked the chain once more, unable to pull the man from the seat, yet he still tried, putting his full weight on pulling.
"I..I'll buy you a REAL cake." He offered in desperate attempts to get the man away from the couch.

"With Strawberries?" Pouted L.

"Yes!" Cried Raito as he gave the chain one final yank.

"Okay, let's go." L agreed as he stood up easily, causing Raito to fall to the ground with a loud crash.

"Yagami-kun, what are you doing down there..there is no cake under the couch..is there?" He asked as he bent over, looking under the couch to see.

"Idiot..."

End chapter one! I hope you all enjoyed it, please comment on it and tell me how I'm doing so far!