Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Rain ❯ Fallin' Rain ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ok, so I was browsing around on DA and found this pic of L that made me go “Aww, L's sad.” Thus I was forced to write this scene. I may or may not eventually turn this into a real story. A note for you: There aren't Death Notes.
 
********
The rain was drumming on the open umbrella that he had braced between his knees, his bare feet cold on the wet ground. He should go inside, but Light hadn't returned for nearly two days and he was supposed to have returned hours ago. L was worried, for more then he should have been, but part of it was that Light had managed to worm the truth about what had been bothering him for the last few weeks out of him not but three days ago and hadn't really spoken to him since.
 
Then Light had to go out for this investigation for the trafficking ring. It was dangerous and reckless, but L could not contact him even if he wanted to.
 
He lay his head down against his knees and tucked the umbrella under his chin.
 
“Where's Light?” he whispered and a tear ran down his check.
 
---------------
 
Light was walking through the dorm courtyard when he spotted Ryuzaki. Even though he couldn't see his face and his sitting position was no different Light could tell that Ryuzaki was sad. He smiled softly as he approached he boy.
 
“Where's Light?”
 
Light had to smile just a bit more when he heard that. He reached out and tapped Ryuzaki on the shoulder.
 
“Light is returning to his room, would you care to join him. You must be cold out here.”
 
Ryuzaki's head snapped up in surprise.
 
“Light?” he was a bit disbelieving.
 
Light nodded and offered Ryuzaki a hand, which was accepted. It was silent as they made there way to Light's dorm room, which was right next to Ryuzaki's.