Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Realization ❯ Realization: Ryuzaki ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

What you didn't see in the manga…
 
 
Occurs one day in their room during the time Ryuzaki and Light are chained together…
 
Ryuzaki was sitting on the far left side of the couch contemplating the Kira case while Light was sitting on the right side of the couch. Light was also thinking quietly about the Kira case, though from a different perspective.
 
“Hey Ryuzaki.”
 
“Yes, Light-kun.”
 
“Do you want me to prove it to you that I'm not Kira?”
 
“Even if you prove it, you will still be a prime Kira suspect in my mind.”
 
“Well…would a wanted killer…ever love the man leading the investigation to catch him?”
 
Ryuzaki sat there, looking at Light, trying to figure out what he meant by this. As he was thinking, he noticed out of the corner of his eye that Light was scooting slightly towards him on the couch. Ryuzaki then looked up at Light, with a face of slight confusion.
 
“Do you mean to tell me you love me?”
 
Light just nodded, keeping a look of complete seriousness on his face.
 
“But what about Misa-san?”
 
“I don't care about her. She's too annoying and clingy. She doesn't fit my style. But you. I can have an intelligent conversation with you. We can understand each other, and leave everyone else dumbfounded. That's what I love about you. You are my equal.”
 
“But it's not like we can do anything, even if I wanted to. You do remember we have cameras and microphones set up around this room, ne?”
 
“Yes, but do you not realize the power you have over that? You, the great detective L, can have them turned off whenever you want, and no one would question you. They would think that since you were here, chained to me, you wouldn't need them to see what was going on since you are already my constant surveillance. You're running the show, and all we're doing is sitting, watching, and taking orders from you. Though, there are some orders I wouldn't really mind following.”
 
Light smiled, then laughed gently to himself as if enjoying a joke that no one else would get. Light looked up at Ryuzaki. Ryuzaki looked back at him, thinking furiously.
 
Can this guy really be Kira? His eyes right now just don't look like those of a killer.
 
Ryuzaki started biting on his thumbnail, trying to figure everything out. This time, Ryuzaki didn't notice as Light had closed the distance between them. Ryuzaki was brought out of his thinking as Light brought his hand up to touch his own and remove it from his mouth. Then Ryuzaki stared with wide eyes as Light slowly leaned in and touched his lips to Ryuzaki's own in a soft kiss. Ryuzaki's mind went haywire.
 
Did he just…Can he really be Kira? Can this just be an act to clear his name? Would he really go this far? No…he could most definitely think of better ways than…this.
 
Ryuzaki stopped to consider the most recent subject of his thoughts.
 
Did Light-kun really just…kiss me?
 
This was the first time anyone had touched Ryuzaki as Light had, holding his hand then…kissing him. This was all a little too much for Ryuzaki. So…he took the direct path.
 
“Light-kun, are you Kira?”
 
Light looked at Ryuzaki and sighed.
 
“No, I am not. How could I ever have fallen in love with you if you were leading a police team to find and kill me?”
 
Ryuzaki looked at Light once again with a look of confusion, but before he could say or do anything else, Light softly grabbed his hand. Ryuzaki looked down at both their hands, his mind once again going too fast for the normal brain. He now had no idea what to expect from Light. He thought he knew him, but maybe he didn't.
 
Maybe I could use this as a means of getting information out of him, if he's really Kira that is. And if he is, then he's a damn good actor. But if he isn't Kira, then…could he really be meaning what he's saying?
 
Ryuzaki got up off the couch and walked around the room.
 
“Why are you doing this, Light-kun?”
 
Light looked up at Ryuzaki.
 
“I'll tell you however many times it takes to convince you. I'm doing this because I find myself in love with you. I'm not going to deny it.”
 
Ryuzaki then came up right to Light's face.
 
“If you are Kira, then how could you benefit from this?”
 
Light smiled.
 
“Exactly…”
 
And with that, Light leaned forward and once again captured Ryuzaki's lips in a kiss, but this time he stayed a bit longer than before. While Light was invading his personal space, Ryuzaki thought quickly.
 
We do spend all that time together, since we're working on the Kira case together. And now the fact that we're chained together…Why did I do this anyway? Why not just bug him in his sleep or have surveillance on him 24/7, or why not chain him to Matsuda-san or his father. Why did I have the urge to chain him to myself? I told everyone it was so I could keep an eye on him, but there are other ways I could've done that. Why did I choose this way? Is it because I too may have developed feelings for Light-kun? Maybe, since I feel he is my first true friend, I confused feelings of love for a strong friendship. Could I really love the one person who I suspect most of killing off countless criminals?
 
Ryuzaki contemplated this some more and came up with a simple conclusion. Yes, he did love Light-kun.
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is my first attempt at writing a real fanfic, though it is rather short…Please review!!
..I'll give you a cookie and promise never to write your name in my notebook…hehe…:D
 
Disclaimer: Sadly, I own nothing.