Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Some Things Never Change ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or Death Note, They belong to their original creators not me! (but if i did L and Light, mello and matt, and lets not forget near, would be mine! The others could just fall in a hole and die......not really! >-<)

"_"-talking
'_'-thoughts
-------------

>Authors P.O.V.<

'It's over, it's finally over.'

Kagome thought when she climbed out of the bone-eaters well, tired and soaked in blood, her clothes ripped and torn every where. All she had with her were her bow & arrows and a sword. The yellow bag that she usually carried with her wasn't there this time, it had become too much of a burden in the feudal era. As she was making her way out of the shed she thought back on the final battle with the half-demon Naraku.

-----Flashback-----

Kagome had just gotten back from staying at home for 4 days without Inuyasha interrupting her, much to her and her family's surprise. On the morning of the 5th day she returned, thinking that Inuyasha was with Kikyo again, only to find the bodies of the villagers spread amongst the village. As she moved towards Kiede's hut she called out,

"HELLO! INUYASHA! GUYS WHERE ARE YOU?"
hoping to find survivors, but there were no answers returned to her. A sudden noise to her left towards the forest caught her attention. Moving with caution and with her hands ready to grab her weapons just in case, she sought out what made the noise. Upon entering the forest she found the battle between her friends and allies vs. Naraku.

'Inuyasha must have been too busy with Naraku to come get me like usual'
She thought as she rushed to join the battle. Naraku, who wasn't a puppet this time, knocked the person he was currently fighting with to his left, which was Inuyasha, to get to Kagome. Cornering her, Naraku decided to toy with Kagome, not knowing her true strength.
"Ku, ku, ku. Why don't you just give up the Shikon, Miko? You know that you'll never be as strong like Kikyo! There is no way any of you weaklings here can defeat me!" Naraku boasted

"That's what YOU think Naraku! This ends here, I will personally send you to hell!"
As Kagome said this she drew her sword, which was given to her by Sesshoumaru, and attacked Naraku head-on. Naraku, surprised from the sudden attack, barely missed getting his head chopped off. The end of the battle just started, now that every one was here. Kagome was worried about her friends. Miroku was battling the demons around everyone, along with Kanna. Sango was fighting her younger brother, Kohaku. Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru, finally working together were fighting Kagura and Hakudoshi. Koga, along with her son, Shippo, wasn't there, making Kagome worry even more. She cleared her mind and turned her attention to Naraku.

'Who would've guessed she would be able to fight. This won't be as easy as I thought it would be, but my main plan should work.'
Naraku thought as he gained Kagome's attention. Just as she was getting close to Naraku, he snapped his fingers and everything went quiet. Confused, she looked around, spotting Miroku on the ground holding his cursed hand.

'The wind tunnel!'
As she tried to call Sango back from getting too close to Miroku, but Sango wouldn't listen. The wind tunnel opened, sucking in everything it could, including all the demons(except for Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha), Sango and Kohaku, and lastly Miroku himself. Kagome was too shocked to move but Inuyasha, angered, attacked. Kanna, sucked in Inuyasha's soul, only to have one of Kikyo's arrows kill her and destroying her mirror, which instead of releasing Inuyasha's soul back into his body, it destroyed it too. Along with all the other souls she had absorbed, which were Rin, Shippo, and Jakken.

Kagome and Sesshoumaru joined their powers together and attacked, pissed that the ones they cared for were dead. Naraku, Kagura, and Hakudoshi were killed instantly. Kagome looked up and met Sesshoumaru's gaze. He gave her a nod and walked off, leaving her alone. She walked over to where Naraku last stood and picked up the almost full Shikon Jewel.

With the Shikon Jewel and Tetsaiga, Kagome left for the well. Once she got there, Kikyo, who was forgotten about, shot her arrow at Kagome, hitting her in the shoulder. Kagome reared back and shot one of her own arrows, piercing where her heart was.(or were it should be) All the souls that Kikyo had stolen were released. The rest of Kagome's soul hit her full force, knocking her into the well.
------End Flashback------