Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Their Secret ❯ the only chapter....duh. unless i decide to continue it...hmm... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

One-Shot, XightxNanax-ish
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
“So this is the mew member, huh?”
“Yup, this is Ryan.” Nanax introduced to Xight.
“Nice to meetchya.” Xight greeted with a bright smile.
“Yeah…sure…” Ryan responded. “Wait, aren't you the one that's supposed to be Kira?”
Xight's smile faded quickly into a frown as his expression showed a mix of anger and regret. “I don't need to be reminded constantly.” He crossed his arms, closing his eyes.
“Aww, c'mon Xight! I—“ Nanax tried to comfort him, but was cut off by Ryan. He attacked the ex-Kira, slashing his keyblades at him. Xight dodged every one with no effort needed. He jumped back after around the 20th swing and summoned his scythe. He portaled around to behind Ryan, his scythe against Ryan's neck. Ryan froze in place, only as reaction.
“Go ahead, kill me if you can!” Ryan yelled at Xight.
Xight's calm expression after that became one of pure sovereign anger as he sliced through Ryan's neck, almost to the spine. Nanax yelled at Xight as Ryan made an odd choking sound. Ryan slid along the scythe to the end and his neck slipped off. He held his head positioned above his neck, holding it in place as it healed.
“Told you. You can't.” He said, turning to Xight, bearing his fangs. Xight only stared as he came to attack again, slashing his keyblades at him again, cutting him with each one. Xight flinched each time as he tried to get away, ditching his scythe after Ryan had. Out of nowhere, Nanax appeared in front of Ryan and blocked every swing, despite the cuts and bruises forming on her arms under the cloak. She made a portal behind Xight as all but Ryan stumbled through.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
“Are you okay, Light?”
“Rrgh…I thi—Agh!” He yelled in pain as he tried to get up and fell back to his spot on the floor by Nanax. His cloak moved off of his legs when he fell; his pants were torn in a few places from the keyblades, all framing deep cuts, blood constantly seeping from them, but not gushing. The arms of his cloak were cut the same way, and only 3 over his chest; one horizontal across his stomach, one diagonal over his chest, and another smaller diagonal one overlapping the other, making an “x” over where his heart would've been. Nanax looked him over, a sorrowful expression over her face.
“I'm so sorry—“
“Don't be, it's not your fault.” He said, the pain still visible in his voice as he moved to a somewhat more comfortable position.
Nanax just looked down to the cuts on his legs, and closed her eyes. She brought her right wrist up to her eye level and pulled down the sleeve, taking the glove off with her other hand. Two, old puncture marks remained, a scar to forever remind her of the things she's done, to help, to free, to do many things to benefit others. And, like all the times before, she bit in the exact same spot. She had learned after the fourth time she'd done this, it didn't hurt as much as if she would've bitten in a new spot. She let go and waited a second or two as the blood came to the surface and began to drip down her arm. She brought it up to Light, who winced when he lifted his left arm, but gently took her arm nonetheless and brought it up to his mouth, sucking up every last drop that came up. She watched him as he did; his eyes were closed and he showed no expression of pleasure or disgust, but she knew, if he wasn't used to it, he'd probably be gagging. But he knew better, so he ignored the disgusting taste of a vampire's blood to a human and just swallowed, knowing this was the fastest, best thing to heal his wounds. And, as they expected, as he drank, the cuts all along his body began to fade and heal with every swallow.
Her eyes darted to all the areas where the cuts were, immune to the slight pain in her wrist, making sure all were healing. She nodded in relief and looked to where the cuts on his legs were, the blood still on his legs, starting to dry. She bit the middle finger of her other glove and took it off, dropping it on the floor by the other one as she reached into her cloak for the cloth she always kept, just in case. She dabbed it over the blood as it soaked it up, washing the cuts clean. Light winced at the contact; usually she'd wait until after he was done. She lifted the cloth off of his leg when he did and looked at him for a quick second, then set the cloth on her lap, the side that had the blood on it facing up, and watched it as the blood faded away and totally disappeared. Once it was gone she dabbed it along his other cuts, setting it on her lap to fade after each, and kept repeating the process until the blood on his legs and right arm was gone.
He let go, the majority of his wounds healed, if not, healing.