Demon Diary Fan Fiction ❯ Fun ❯ Fun ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Demon Diaries doesn't belong to me; it is in rightful ownership of Kara Lim and Jee-Hyung Lee, among several publishing companies.
 
~~~~
 
They had nothing to say to each other. She was focused upon her work, leaned over and messily scratching a quill pen on rough paper. He was focused on her and nothing else.
 
His blue-purple eyes took in every minute detail of her. The way her bloody locks barely brushed her small shoulders. The determined gleam in her dark emerald eyes. Her body slightly trembling as she worked. Her pale skin smooth-looking as polished marble.
 
She utterly captivated him. He wanted her happiness, her sadness, her lust, her love… but most of all, he wanted her anger.
 
He liked it when she was angry, and how the blood rushed to her cheeks, giving the false appearance that she was blushing like a schoolgirl. He liked it when she yelled at him, the passion shining clearly in her vibrant orbs. He liked the way her body language screamed “Get away from me, you freak!” and he liked driving her into that state, knowing that he caused such passionate reactions within her.
 
Like now. He knew that his very presence made her mad. How utterly thrilling.
 
He continued to silently watch her, unwavering in his steady gaze. She ignored him.
 
He moved closer to her, hovering just slightly behind her back. She ignored him.
 
He read over her shoulder, taking unnoticed whiffs of her hair. Forest and nighttime; one of his favorites. She ignored him, writing faster now.
 
He leaned in until his lips just barely touched her ear, and he read aloud.
 
`… the men seem to be in good morale. They follow my directions and they never complain-'
 
`What the hell do you want?!' She turned to him, glaring daggers of frozen grass at him.
 
`I merely wish to read that which currently holds your attention so.' A strand of his golden locks fell upon her shoulder and trailed down her body, causing him to chuckle lowly. `Is there any harm in that?'
 
`Yes, actually,' she snapped at him, never turning her gaze away from his own, `there is a problem. You're keeping me from concentrating.'
 
`I am?' His voice held a touch of innocence, and she bristled at the irony. `Then why don't you just… ignore me?'
 
`I ca-' She stopped abruptly, suddenly avoiding his gaze. `Just leave.'
 
`Why should I?' He asked softly, reaching down and clasping her hands within his own. `I only wish to be beside you…'
 
She brought her gaze hesitantly back to him, and he leaned forward, his mouth slightly parted as he closed his eyes.
 
That was his mistake.
 
Jerking a hand away from his grip, she soundly swung and slapped him as hard as she could, making a resounding SMACK. He pulled back, still holding her hand.
 
`Demon Lord Pervert.'
 
`You're so cruel to me, your true love!' He lamented, putting on his best woe-is-me face.
 
`Let go of my hand.' She warned him, raising her freed hand.
 
`Never.' He whispered to her before leaning his head down to her hand, his eyes locked upon hers as he placed the barest kiss upon it. A faint blush appeared on her cheeks as she watched him, slightly stunned.
 
That wouldn't last for long.
 
Another loud SMACK echoed in the room they were in.
 
`You pervert!' She shouted at his crumpled form on the ground, and she quickly turned and stormed from the room, slamming the rickety door shut.
 
He laid on the ground, nursing the burning slap marks she had given him.
 
Yes, he decided, it was entertaining to anger her. She would be his within a year of two… or perhaps sooner, he mused. After all, she had reacted to his touches…
 
It was going to be very fun, indeed.
 
~End~