Devil May Cry - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Devil Crusade ❯ Intermission: Character Guide ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

1920's
Chrno: A very powerful demon, Chrno is what is known as a sinner, one who has turned against the order of things, in the demonic realm. With the defeat of Aion and the return of both his horns and Rosette's life force, things seem to be going well for him. His relationship with Rosette has deepened, although o the service, most people think it's the same as always. Freed from the guilt of what their contract did to her, Chrno has become more relaxed around humans, although the new and rather surprising attention he gets from the younger nuns in his more mature form often flusters him.
Finally able to access his true power, Chrno now plays a more active role in battling demons, although due to the method he regained his horns, it's now impossible for him to remain transformed indefinitely. In his true form, he seems unequalled, several researchers have commented that only the likes of Aion and the ancient Devil Knights could match him in strength.
Rosette: The former apostle has had her lost life force restored. And it's made her even more excitable, if that was possible. Safe in the knowledge she can now live a full life, Rosette has gone from highly strung to, in Chrno's words, “bounce off the walls crazy at times”. This is most evident in her relationship with Chrno. She now enjoys embarrassing him on a daily, or if she's in the mood, hourly basis. Now they've become closer, she's started to display bouts of jealousy, which is most obvious when the other nuns begin hanging around Chrno
Scratch the surface though and her serious side is obvious. She now becomes extremely focused the moment a battle starts, even if a moment before she was laughing and joking. Also, she refuses to discuss her time as a saint with anyone but Chrno, he first time she was asked she was reduced to tears.
Satella: Formerly a bit of a lone wolf, Satella has gradually become integrated into the group. She still refuses anything like an official post, but more often then not, if there's a mission where Chrno, Rosette and Azmaria are involved, you'll find here nearby. Still haunted by the murder of her family, she is trying to become a true master jewel summoner, in order to honour their memory.
Satella now sees Chrno as a true friend, and the two are very close. Like Azmaria, Chrno looks at her in a kind of sisterly role, although while Azmaria sees an older sister, Chrno sees a younger. Rosette and Satella still collide over a lot of things. But it' more a friendly rivalry, which sometimes turns into an all out war.
Azmaria: A former apostle, Azmaria is now an apprentice, working under Rosette. Of the four, she seems to have changed the least. She remains sweet and innocent. The only difference seems to be that with the loss of her powers she's happier.
Azmaria has become quite a good shot. In fact, she's progressed so well, Rosette often challenges her to contests.
Ewan Remington: A powerful angel, working with the Order Of Magdalene. He originally reounced his position, but returned in order to find Chrno and Rossette. While powerful, his body is entirly mortal, and susceptble to injury.
Sister Kate Valentine: Sister Kate is still head of the New York branch of the order. And now more then ever she is determined to reign Rossette in. While she's pleased Rossette now takes fights more seriously, she is distinctly displeased with the fact that the fights cause as much damage as ever, and Rossette is now incredibly energetic outside of battle. The one area Sister Kate seems to hve changed her view to any real degree is Chrno.
Joshua Christopher Originally left as an 11 year old in a 16 year old body after having Chrno's horns ripped off his head, Joshua recovered considerably, now seeming to be mentally the same age as he is physically. Sadly he has never regained his memory. While Rossette and the others have told him of his past, he can't remember any of it. He has trouble treating Rossette as a sister at times because of this. But when he can't manage that, he always treats her as a close friend. He is Azmaria's best friend, the two generally inseperable. Joshua is also intraining to join the order.
2000's
Dante: A human/demon hybrid, Dante is the son of a human woman and the legendary dark knight Sparda. As such he is much stronger then any human, has phenomenal regenerative abilities and the ability to temporarily release his inner demon. With all he's seen you would expect Dante to be a very serious individual. He is in fact a consummate joker, making wise cracks whether talking to someone on the street, or locked in battle with a demon.
Dante is looking for the demons that killed his mother when he was young. To help with this, and pay the bills he opened a devil hunter shop. Originally he worked alone, but over the years it has been in business, he's picked up several hangers on as he calls them. A loner by nature, more then once the hybrid has been heard to comment on how it makes him uncomfortable
Dante seems to have very little interest in the world in general. This can make him seem very selfish, but those who know him best recognise a kind heart, even if it is buried beneath layers of sarcasm, bad jokes and innuendos.
Nero: Nero was originally a member of an order sworn to carry on the legacy of Sparda. But the order was wiped out by Dante during a ritual. Nero swore revenge and hunted the hybrid down, only to learn that the ritual they were performing was intended to summon a Devil Knight, and have him save the world form pain, by destroying all life. Seeing the truth, the pair of hunters joined forces and managed to defeat the order's true leader, the woman Nero had been in love with. Afterwards, alone and loveless, Nero rejected Dante's offer for help. However, he began turning up at Devil Never Cry looking or work, eventually becoming a free lance agent.
Whereas Dante is all jokes and laughs, Nero is extremely serious (Dante frequently asks if it was painful having his sense of humour removed). Nero very rarely smiles, and never laughs.
Nero always keeps his right hand in a sling, wrapped in bandages when moving through the human world. This is because the hand is possessed, by the spirit of Dante's twin brother Virgil. The hand is extremely powerful and Nero hopes one day to master all its secrets.
Vergil: Killed by his brother, Vergil's spirit wandered the world, before eventually possessing Nero's hand, creating the Devil Bringer. From within, Vergil can communicate telepathically with Nero. There have even been instances when Vergil has seemed to take over his body completely.
Deathly serious, Vergil is the polar opposite of his brother. Also unlike his brother, Vergil fights to become stronger, instead of doing the right thing. He has agreed to help Nero battle demons, not because he thinks it is right, but simply because he thinks it is the path to the most power.
Trish: Dante's mother's body was filled with a demon essence, creating Trish, a woman who would eventually develop feelings for Dante and join him. These feelings aren't romantic, but motherly, probably born from some remnant of his mother. Sassy, and always dressed in black, she is usually found minding the shop when he's out.
Lady: Descended form a priestess whose blood was used to seal the gate to Hell, Lady is an experienced devil hunter, who always carries a rocket launcher, named for her mother. She's known Dante since he started his business, and occasionally pops in to see how things are going