Devil May Cry - Series Fan Fiction ❯ valentimes day_DMC style ❯ valentimes day_DMC style ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
LOVE is EVOL spelled backwards.


it was the first thing that came to virgils mind when he overheared his younger twin brothers conversation with his mother, asking her how to spell it. it was valentimes day tomorrow, and every valentimes day, the twins 3rd grade class would always pass out valentimes cards and candy. virgil, during this time of year, would always play sick, complaining about a high feaver or a stomach ach. eva, being the kind-hearted person she was, alway let him stay home...but this time, she caught on to his little plan.

virgil, determend not to give up, marched into the kitchen, with a slight hope that his beloved mother would reconcider if he asked her again...

"no, virgil." eva spat out, even before virgil was abile to say 'mom.'

"but, mom..." began virgil, slightly begging "i don't want to go to school tomorrow. any other day, but tomorrow."

"i'm sorry virgil, but i have to much to do tomorrow to let you stay home by yourself." eva replied calmly while cleaning the dishes.

virgil felt sick for real this time. as he turned to leave, his younger brother suddenly jumpped infront of his path, smiling and laughing.

"ha! i told you it wouldn't work!" taunted dante. virgil bit down on his bottom lip, trying to reframe himself from cursing, especaly with eva in the room.

"move, dante..." virgil finally spat out. dante slid to the side, also bowing as his brother walked pass. virgil slowly made his way through the living room and halfway up the stairs when his father called him back down. his father, who was sitting in the loung chair reading an achient play at the time, called his son to his side. virgil, in no mood for a lecher, stood by sparta's side, wanting more than ever to go do his homework. sparta, his eyes still locked into the book, handed his son a fairly small box of candy and a little heart-shaped card, though nothing was writen on it.

"it seems tomorrow is valentimes day." began sparta, fliping the page.

"yeah..." sighed virgil.

"so..." sparta quickly glanced at his son, then pulled his attenchion back to his book. "...give that to your special someone."

virgil's eyes grew wide. "dad, i don't have a 'special someone!' i don't like anyone at school!"

"sure you do." smiled sparta. "everyone has someone, especialy on valentimes. i have your mother. dante...i think he has someone. i know you have to at lest concider someone to be your crush."

virgil thought for a moment of the girls in his class. all of them seemed to be infatuated with dante, due to the fact that he had threatened to decapitate them if they ever started to act all fluffy over him, which in result, scared them away. he sighed hevily, then resumed his march up the stairs. once in his room, he soon greeted by a knock on the window. it was shadow, the backyard nextdoor neighbor girl. she was 5, a year behind the boys, and was also in the same class. eventhough she, too, was threatened to stay away, she ignored it, constaintly coming over and getting on vergils nerves 10xs more than dante. she slid open the window, holding a small box of pixi sticks.

"hey, virdi." smiled shadow.

"don't call me 'virdi', val-"

"shut up!" shouted shadow, eyes slightly red. she hated her real name, being that she was named after a movie character. she decited to call herself shadow, to cover up her shamful name and, overall, 'shadow' just sounded cool. virgil hated it when shadow called him 'virdi.' she and eva though it cute, though to him, it sonded like his name was being insulted.

"what do want now, girl?" virgil spat out coldly.

"i wanted to see if you were going to stay home again like you always do." shadow replied, chewing on a pixi stick.

"no...not this time."

"bummer. well, since you have to go to school......are you gonna give one of the girls a valentime?"

"......no."

"really? why not? are you gay? or you just can't seem to find the right one?"

virgil grited his teeth in anger. she laughed nervously, then quickly slid down to the ground before virgil could strangle her. he then fell back on the soft surface of his bed, tossing the candy and card on the dresser. he knew tomorrow would be the worst day ever...

the next day, the bus dropped the twins back home. dante ran inside and into the kitchen, a backpack full of valentimes, while virgil made his way to his room. he felt sick and wanted to lie down, but instead he looked out the window when he heard his brother laughing. there sat dante, rolling on ground laughing at shadow, who was yelling at him from behind the fence. he smirked at the girls stupidity, then suddenly started to smile.

once outside, virgil leaned over the fence to face shadow, who was slightly surprised that he would even lean against it, let alone look over it. dante slowly picked himself up, eyes still filling with tears, and patted his brother on the back.

"shadow...she told me...what happened...to you today!" laughed dante, out of breath.

virgil clinched his fist. shadow smiled and scratched her head.

"i didn't tell him to be mean, virdi! it's just that...well...it was too funny!" laughed shadow.

"she told me...how you asked almost every girl in the class to be your valentime...and they all ran away!" gasped dante, still laughing.

virgil suddenly grabbed dante by the throut. he shook him like a doll, then tossed him a good three feet. dante, still shaken by the attack, quickly ran inside. he then turnt his attenchion to shadow, who was slowly moving away from the fence.

"don't hurt me." she pleded. "or worst yet, kill me. i'm too young to die."

virgil reached into his back pocket. he then slung his hand out and down in a foward motion. shadow screamed and fell backwards, falling into the heges. when she got back up, she found virgil holding out a small box of candy and a heart-shaped card. she examined it, afraid that it was a trick, then took the items. she unfolded the card and found a little note writen inside. she read it aloud.

" 'it's that time of year again that loved ones hold so dear; the time of year when cards are given and people are filled with cheer. i don't really like this time. in fact, i want it to die; but i'm not a miracle worker, so i'm forced to comply. i never do this, but i'm just writing to say; that your my friend, nothing else, and happy valentimes day.' "

shadow looked at virgil and smiled. he jumpped back, feeling nervouse and slightly uneasy. she suddenly leeped over the fence, landing into virgil's arms. she then kissed him on the cheek, making him blush with embarasment. she giggled, thinking it sweet and cute to see that he actually had a heart. for a good 5 minuets they stayed outside talking, then soon went their seperate ways. once back inside, virgil was ambushed by his whole family, who were cheering and claping. eva hugged and kissed virgil, making him more embarased.

"that was so cute, virgil." squeaked eva. "i think she really likes you."

"my son now has a girlfriend." smiled sparta. "i knew that there had to be at least someone you liked."

"it's about time you finally told the girl how you really feel!" laughed dante. "now, you'll have to take her out!

virgil growled at dante as he made his way past the group and upstairs. he fell back on his bed and staired at the celling. the thought of his valentimes gift to shadow getting to her head was enough to have him shiver in fear. he turnt to face the window, seeing nothing there but an orange colored sky. he covered his eyes with his arm, then turnt back to facing the celling.

"like i said...LOVE is EVOL spelled backwards."



-end