Digimon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Destined of a New Realm ❯ My Otaku Senses Are Tingling ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Ha! Another passed Algebra paper!" Iris victoriously held her paper up, flashing it to her friends, "How about that!?!"

"Well, it would be interesting" A Mexican girl with long straight black hair turned around in her chair, "If you could keep it up."

"No fair!! I tried! Don't knock my confidence!" she slid under her desk, then jumped out of it to glomp a tall blonde boy who was passing her desk, "Hey! I passed! How about you, 'Masondra'?"

"None of your business." Mason pulled the annoying girl off his sides and stuffed her back in her chair, "Now, stay off me!"

"MaaaAAAaaAASSSssSSSOOOOooooOOoooOOON!" Iris wailed, falling out of her chair, "I lurff you!!"

"Be quiet, Iris." the Mexican girl said.

"Leslie! Don't be mean!" Iris scrambled back into her chair. She leaned forward for a quiet comeback when an electric pulse ran through her body. The fangirl sat back and looked around, an unusually serious look on her face, "My Otaku senses are tingling."

"What?" Leslie shook her head, "Your what is tingling?"

"My Otaku senses... something anime is on the prowl."

"You're just talking." a brunette (Danielle) sitting across the desk aisle from Iris opened her binder to put her homework away, "Like always."

"...."

"Iris?"

"...." Iris stood up, went to the other side of her desk, and dropped down on Mason, "AH! Cuddly girleh curves!!!"

"GET OFF!"

***

"What was that?" Danielle said as Iris sat down for lunch.

"What was what?"

"That Spidey imitation you did earlier."

"Oh, that." Iris started eating her fries while she explained, "Whenever something anime related passes by me, my Otaku senses tingle. It's like a precaution, for others than myself."

"What?" Leslie said.

"You know how I get with anime."

"Right.. right..."

***

Leslie hurried to catch up with her anime obsessed friend. It was the last bell of the day and they had just finished track practice. Since Algebra more than 3 hours ago, Leslie had become very curious about what Iris had sensed. Iris was lugging her tan sidebag and few of her textbooks up the hill between the boys' gym and girls' gym. She was struggling.

"Iris!"

"Na?" she replied with a Haruko/KuroNeko voice.

"What specifically did you sense?" Iris stopped and looked over at her friend. There was something in her eyes, a twinkle, a sign of things to come. As long as Leslie had known her, Iris was never the one to ever look serious. Even in the face of death, a joke and smile would always be on her lips. Today, however, there was no joke.

"Do you believe" she started with a hushed tone, "that everything you see is exactly how it is and nothing more? That this is the only realm that we exist in?"

The younger girl didn't know what to say.

"Do you think that there is more out there and within ourselves than what adults have convinced us? That there is more to our flesh and blood..."

"Iris."

"A new sun will rise for us, you and me. A new sun that promises new adventures, new friends, new hope... and new dangers."

Leslie gave Iris one confused looked and kept walking home. She was as lost as ever when it came to her, but she felt something through-out her body. Was it the same thing that Iris experiences? It couldn't have been, Leslie wasn't an otaku, but with every step she made, she felt like she was walking further and further into something more...

***

Iris threw her stuff and down and immediately went to her computer. She plopped down in the seat, sighing happily. Her eyes scanned the browser as she opened her Hotmail. There was something there. An email to be exact. An email from 'asdf@hjkl.nrm'. The subject was 'New Sun'. The otaku opened the letter cautiously.

'The sun has risen and your terminal has opened...'

Beneath it was an address and access code. Iris put her hands together and stared at it. She leaned back over her chair and whispered silently to herself, "New sun, Leslie... new sun..."

*~*Fin*~*