Digimon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Destined of a New Realm ❯ The Rain Keeps Coming ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Let it rip!" Dranzer and Driger dropped into the Bey-dish and went at each other. Tyson and Max watched happily from the side, evaluating each blades' moves. Driger was finally knocked out. The other two boys stood up to clap when a roll of thunder passed over. Everyone craned their necks to see a lone ominous cloud hanging over the dojo. The BladeBreakers sighed and started to go in, except for Kai. He seemed to be caught in suspended animation, glaring at the cloud. (OMG, Kai with Otaku Senses? lol)

"Oi! Kai!" Tyson cried, "You're gonna drown with your head up like-"

Tyson was cut off by another roll of thunder, this time followed by a rush of rain. The water drenched Kai. The captain turned to stare at Tyson, the rain flowing beautifully down his body and face, giving him a rather drear but gorgeous look. Tyson backed away, catching a strange glint in Kai's eyes.

"Can you feel it?" Kai started, "A new sun is rising, Tyson..."

"Kai, are you feeling okay?" There was a moment of silence then Kai shot his trademark glare at the younger boy.

"Why are you staring at me? Pervert."

"Nani!?!" Tyson pointed at Kai as he came in from the rain, "You're the one acting all prophetty and crap!"

"Whatever, get me a towel." Kai ordered, taking his shirt off, "And wipe that drool off your chin."

Tyson turned away and hurried down the hall, his sleeve to his face. ::Stupid Kai. Thinks he's so cool and smart... and sexy... and... ARGH!::

***

"That was something, standing out in the rain like that." Rei commented while Kai sipped on some hot tea. The entire team sat in front of the TV, trying to figure out the cause of the sudden storm. Kai was sitting in the middle of the semi-circle with only a towel around his waist. The weatherman reported that the storm came out of nowhere and no one in the studio had any idea that it was coming. It was getting late, anyways. Max was hiding beneath a blanket on the couch, already asleep. Rei yawned and fell asleep on the floor beside the couch. Tyson decided that he was going to sleep in his own bed, said good-night to Kai, and left. The silent blader waited for Tyson's door to close in the distance before he stood, turned off the TV, and went outside. The rain had sub-sided for the moment.

"I sensed it... but what is it?" Kai said to himself. He reached into his pocket and pulled out Dranzer. Much to his surprise, the phoenix blade was glowing. The red hue surrounding the blade pulsated, getting stronger and stronger. Kai blinked and shook his blade, causing the glow to dissappear. He closed his eyes and chuckled, "What is it?"

*~*Fin*~*