Digimon Fan Fiction / Fatal Fury Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ THE BOYZ ❯ Boyz Will Be Boyz ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Robster80 proudly presents

THE BOYZ:
Part 13 - Boyz Will Be Boyz

A brief recap of the series, part by part:

Prologue: TK Takaishi, Ranma Saotome, and Piccolo answer Quatre's add concerning an apartment for 4.
Part 1: The Boyz move into the apartment and exchange personal info.
Part 2: Davis, Kari, and Jun almost find the apartment while chasing matt, but Quatre throws them off the trail.
Part 3: TK and Ranma begin their training under Gohan and Piccolo. Meanwhile, Kari and Akane begin their search for their guys, Wufei arrives to fight Ranma, and Vash starts working at the Neko Hanten.
Part 4: The guys are almost caught by Ranma's fiancées and Kari, but they manage to trick the girls. Kari also realizes she's dating the wrong guy.
Part 5: The training completed, TK and Ranma awaited the upcoming tournament. Vash joins the crew, and Vegeta shows up to visit his "nephew."
Part 6: Ranma and TK make the final 8 at the tournament, along with Wufei, Ryoga, and Terry Bogard.
Part 7: TK, Ranma, Ryoga, and Terry make it to the semi-finals while Piccolo intercepts Cologne and Shampoo from reaching the tournament and takes them, to see Dende.
Part 8: Ranma defeats Ryoga, revealing his Jusenkyo curse on TV.
Part 9: TK is defeated by Terry, setting up the final round.
Part 10: Wolfgang Krauser shows up and defeats Terry, Ranma, and TK. When Piccolo and Vegeta arrive, Krauser passes a message to them for Terry.
Part 11: TK and Ranma duke it out at the Lookout to determine if TK would go after Krauser or not.
Part 12: Dende tricks Shampoo into "killing" Ranma, thereby ending her engagement to him.


...and now, the conclusion...


"No," Kari stated. "TK, this is just crazy!"

She was standing beside the bed in which TK laid in. Along with her were Terry Bogard, the famous US fighter; Dende, the young Namekian chosen as the current Kami-sama; and TK's parents. They had come to ask TK if he would be willing to help Terry train for his rematch with Wolfgang Krauser, which upset Kari greatly. She wasn't the only one, though. His parents didn't want him to do it, either.

"TK, let's just go home and forget all of this."

TK looked at her. "You mean I should forget my friends? Ranma, Quatre, Vash, and Piccolo, I should forget about them like a bad memory?"

"That's not-!"

"Kari, I made up my mind that if Terry wasn't going to fight Krauser then I would. And now that Terry's decided to redeem himself, he's asking me for help. I won't turn him down."

That's when Mrs. Ishida stepped in. "Takeru Takaishi, I forbid you to ever fight or even spar again! Now I don't care if you still have one more week at that apartment, you are coming home with your father and I, and that is final."

At this Kari turned to face Mrs. Ishida. "Apartment?"

A glare was what TK gave his mother. "No mom. I'm not going back home. Especially after you just told Kari about my being at that apartment when you, dad, and Matt swore to me that you'd never ever tell anyone! Terry, I'll do it."

"TK-!"

"Is that your final answer," asked Dende, who silenced the crowd. Watching TK nod, he then moved over and placed a hand over the teen. In a moment, TK was fully healed.

Kari jumped to the doorway and stood in it like an earthquake would strike at any minute. "I won't let you go!"

"You can't stop him," Vegeta said from behind her. "If you try, you'll only get hurt."

"BUT I LOVE HIM!!"

TK froze, but only for a second. She was only saying that so he wouldn't get hurt. It was caring of her, but also very cruel to play with his emotions like that. "No you don't, Kari. ...You love Davis, not me."

The words stung Kari badly, relaxing her grip in the doorframe enough for TK and Terry to get by her. Did he hate her because she chose Davis? Or maybe he thought she only said that to keep him from getting hurt? Whatever the reason, her heart felt like it had sunk to her stomach.

[Why didn't he tell me he loved me sooner? Why?]

Mrs. Ishida was crying now, worried to death. "My baby!"

"With all due respect," Dende said as Mr. Ishida held his sobbing wife. "He's not a baby anymore. I doubt he's been one for years now, ever since his first trip to the Digital World. And you needn't worry about him. From what I;ve seen, he is a survivor at best."


****************************************************** **************************


"Where are we going?"

"I know the perfect place," TK quickly said while leading Terry back out of the building. "We can get a few months training in a couple of hours."

"Say what?"

"You'll find out."

They passed the other Digi-destined, Bulma, Akane, and Ranma on their way to the building that housed the Room of Spirit and Time. Davis tried to go after TK to tell him off, but Tai grabbed him by the back of his shirt.

Only Ranma knew what TK was up to. "Hey, kid! Don't push yourself too much."

TK only waved before he and Terry went through the door and closed it behind them.

"What's in there," Akane asked.

[Another dimension, where time goes by differently than in our time.] That's what Ranma wanted to say, but he knew Akane wouldn't believe him. "Training room."


****************************************************** **************************


In the next two hours, Mr. Popo came back and, at Ranma's request, took Akane back home. But before he did, Ranma made Akane swear that she wouldn't say anything to anyone about him. Akane agreed, but only if she and him would talk later about their engagement.

"Take a number," was all Ranma had to say about that. [I'll settle it with you after I take care of Ukyo, Kodachi, and any other fiancée Pop forgot to mention.]

After that, Bulma decided to take the others back home as well. This included Gohan and Chi-chi. Kari tried to stay, but Tai convinced her that if she wasn't home soon their parents would worry.

"Fine," she said before she turned to Quatre. "But you tell TK that he and I have a lot to talk about, and soon."

"And remember," Davis added. "I know now where he is."


******************************************************** ************************


When TK and Terry returned form the Room of Spirit and Time, their clothes were torn and their ki was raised significantly.

"That Krauser's in for a BIG surprise," TK said with a smirk.

Dende healed their wounds and Piccolo provided new clothes for them afterwards. Quatre brought our Vash and Ranma from the kitchen to see them.

"So, what will you two do now?"

Terry cracked his knuckles. "Krauser's waiting for me in his home, and I won't disappoint him again."

"As for me," TK chimed in. "I'm for going back to the apartment. We still got one week left."

Quatre shook his head. "Two weeks. I'm extending the trial period due to Ranma having to wait up here while Shampoo and her family move back to China. It's better not to take any chances with her."

"Then except for Ranma and Terry, I guess we're heading back."

"Not me, kid."

Everyone looked at Piccolo. "I've decided to let Vash fill in for me since he's got nowhere else to go. But, that doesn't mean I'll not be looking in on you kids from time to time."

They all shook hands and said their goodbyes before Mr. Popo got out his magic carpet to give Quatre and Vash a ride. TK grabbed Terry under the arms and started carrying him after the carpet and it took off once more to the earth below.


****************************************************** **************************


TK and Terry were on the roof of the apartment, saying their farewells before Terry would begin his journey to find Krauser.

"You really helped me out today, TK. I owe you a debt I may never be able to pay back."

"It's nothing, Terry. Really, it isn't."

Just then, terry took off his jacket and held it out. "This is for all your help. Take it."

TK stared at the jacket with wide eyes. It was very tempting to accept the offer. It looked like it would just fit him, too. However, he shook his head. "I can't."

"Sure, you can."

"No, Terry. Keep the jacket. After all, you did give me your hat from before. That's enough for me."

Smiling, Terry took off his hat and placed it on TK's head. "Alright then. But you may never see me again after today. This could be your only chance."

"You'd better hurry. Krauser's waiting for your rematch"

"...True." Slowly, Terry pulled his jacket back on. "I look forward to our rematch, whenever that may be. Until then, you keep up the good work."

"Next time, I'll get you."

They shook hands in the glow of the sunset before TK went back down to the apartment and Terry took to the fire escape.


***************************************************** ***************************


When Mr. Popo returned to the Lookout, his expression was very sour. "Ranma, I'm afraid I have terrible news."

But Ranma had already figured it out just by looking at the assistant to Kami-sama. "Shampoo knows we tricked her, right?"

"Sadly, yes. Her great-grandmother recognized the dagger used to 'kill' you, and has told Shampoo about it. However, Dende's decree that she is no longer your fiancée stands regardless. They plan to attack you as soon as you return to Nerima."

Cursing under his breath, Dende hung his head. "I guess I failed you, Ranma."

"You did no such thing. They just realized our trick sooner than expected. At least I'm not entitled to marry her anymore."

"But what will you do now," asked Piccolo. "Shampoo should realize where you're staying after today."

"Guess I'll just go back to TK, Quatre, and Vash to finish my remaining 2 weeks at the apartment."

"But Shampoo-."

"Let her come. If she thinks I'll fight, she'll just have to kill me for real. This isn't the first time I've considered suicide, you know. What my old man never told anyone was that I tried to kill myself sometime after we left Jusenkyo. But I never went through with it. Something in the back of my mind kept telling me to hold out, that something will come along and brighten my life."

Dende than asked an important question. "It's Akane, isn't it?"

"...Yeah. I love her. But, that won't mean anything if Shampoo kills me for real when she comes after me."

More silence followed as they all stood there, wondering what do to about this. Finally, Piccolo said, "Dende, tell him about Shenron. We can trust him."

"Agreed." Dende then pulled out an orange crystal ball with two red stars in the center. "Ranma Saotome, what you are about to hear must forever remain a secret, otherwise disaster will fall upon the earth. Do you swear to keep this secret, even from your loved ones?"

Ranma thought about it for a moment, and then said, "Just answer me one thing: can you revive me if I do get killed? Answer me that and say no more. I'd feel better if this was how we do it."

"The answer is yes. But we can do it only once. Should you die after that..."

"I get the idea, thanks. Now I'm going back to the others and get some rest."


****************************************************** **************************


That night, the guys decided to throw a party, despite the news Ranma brought them. Quatre didn't change his mind about adding the extra week, either. He had already talked to the landlord, and it had already been settled.

It was during the party that Vegeta showed up, only this time he used the door. Not only that, but Matt was with him.

"Mom wanted to make sure you were okay," he said. "I thought I'd ask about you from these guys, but I didn't expect you to be back so soon. ...And how the heck did you get older in the last few hours?"

"It's a secret," Vegeta said firmly. "One best left alone." He then started sizing TK up and down.

"Not bad, nephew. You've improved some, though not a whole lot. Well, enough of this crap! I was asked to deliver this to you."

He quickly took TK's hand and then placed a sheet of paper, folded, into it. "It's from that Kari girl. There was another note from that punk with the goggles, but I seem to have lost it on the way." He said that with a wink. "Keep pushing yourself, kid. I'll see you around."

"Excuse me," Quatre then said. "But you are welcome to stay for the party. We don't mind."

But Vegeta was down the hall already, pretending not to hear.

"Don't mind him," Matt explained. "He doesn't do well at social gatherings. So, TK, what does Kari's note say?"

With a slight scowl, TK shoved the note into his pocket. "None of your business, Matt!"


****************************************************** **************************


[Playing matchmaker now, are we?]

Vegeta didn't turn around as he flew for the Capsule Corp. Building. He knew who was talking to him. "Kakarrot, you shouldn't be a peeping tom, even if you are dead!"

[What's with the sudden interest in those two?]

"None of your damn business!"

[Oh come on! I can keep a secret.]

"You can, maybe, but not that fatso Kai you're using to talk to me."

[HEY, I resent that! And I can too keep a secret! Like I never told anyone about how Yamcha snapped pics of your wife while she was taking a shower. ...Ooops!]

Vegeta just twitched an eyebrow.

[You and your big mouth, King Kai!]

[Hey, you're the one who told me! ...I think I did it again.]

"You two are sooooooo lucky you're already dead."


****************************************************** **************************


Piccolo and Dende both stood at the edge of the platform, looking down upon the world.

"They are strong in body," Dende stated. "Yet stronger in will. Are you sure they were the only ones needed to be trained?"

Piccolo only nodded.

"Very well. I trust your judgment. Though I am still curious as to what this coming evil you dreamed of is."

"Frankly, I'm not sure of it myself. All I know is what the man in robes told me to do."

"And what if they can't do it alone?"

"I'll be there for them. That's what roommates do. But right now, I'm more concerned about the situation between TK and Kari."

"Piccolo, I'm only kami-sama, not cupid."



THE END


...But the BOYZ will be back...

*The Boyz enter one by one*

Ranma: That's right, folks!

TK: We're on our way.

Quatre: Yeah, but where do we go from here?

Vash: Where ever the strokes of the keyboard or pen take us.

Piccolo: And so, to all of you loyal fans... *Starts to wave as the others join in* A fond farewell!

*Outside, a loud and collective cry sounds. The Boyz go over to the windows and open them to see legions of loyal fans.*

Fans: NO!!! NO!!!!

Piccolo: Why, we didn't know you cared.

TK: Hey, Robster80! The fans are calling out for a sequel!

R80's voice: Quatre, the sign!

Quatre: Roger! *Holds up a sign that reads "COMING SOON: BOYZ - Endless Waltz"

Vash: But first... Kari lands herself a job.

*The crowd parts to reveal Kari, wearing a white t-shirt and orange shorts, both are tight.*

Kari: I'm so going to get you for this Robster80!!!!


I hope you all enjoyed BOYZ so far. See you all soon...