Digimon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Annual Mediaminer.org Big Fanfiction Contest/Award Ceremony/Oscars/Emmies/Golden Globes Thingie! ❯ Introduction ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Special thanks to all participants

Special thanks to all judges

Special thanks to Microsoft for sponsoring this event

Special thanks to NBC for letting us have their auditorium

Special thanks to all the fans of Doctor Who

No thanks to those assholes at the RIAA.

No thanks to you people who are responsible for the creation of the 'Club Miner' section of the Mediaminer forums.

**

Various anime characters and members of the Mediaminer community all poured into one of NBC's many theaters, although this one was special. One year before, the First Annual Mediaminer.org Big-Ass Fanfiction Contest had taken place, and now the Second was about to take place. An announcer told everyone to get to their seats, and each person filtered out to find their own spots. On the stage, a single wooden podium stood, and a small, green alien with red eyes stood up to the podium and glared out at the people of the stadium.

"Filthy bags of meat and hair, listen to the words of Zim, and FEEL HONORED THAT YOU MAY HEAR MY GLORIOUS VOICE OF-"

"Start the show!" Ling Ling from Steam Detectives shouted.

"Silence, puny human! You will get your-" Zim shouted.

"This sucka's toast."

Zim winced when he heard the deep voice. He slowly turned around, seeing Mr. T standing over him, his arms crossed. Zim clenched his teeth and prepared to defend himself.

"Ah, my arch nemesis - Mr. T! This time, I have prepared-"

"Shut up, fool!" Mr. T yelled, immediately slamming his foot into Zim and sending him flying through the roof.

"Look's like Invader Zim's blasting off agaaaaaain!" Zim yelled before disappearing in a twinkle.

Mr. T stepped up to the podium. "Listen up, suckas! Welcome to the Second Annual Big-Ass Mediaminer.org Fanfiction Contest! And now, for your listenin' pleasure, here are PsyWeedle and Fanilia!"

There was heavy applause from the audience as Psy came out from one side decked out in a white tuxedo, while Fanilia came from the other side of the stage with a glittering red dress. Each received a microphone as piano music began. A bass guitar began playing and Psy was first to sing.

"Don't, don't leave me this way..."

"I can't survive, I can't stay alive..." Fanilia sang in response.

"Without your loooove..."

Both: "Oh, baby..."

"Don't, don't leave me this waaaaay..." Psy sang.

"I can't exist,"

"I'll surely miss,"

"Your tender kiiiiss."

Both: "So don't leave me this waaay..."

Suddenly, the music picked up, adding another bass guitar and making it more upeat. More lights came up on stage as Fanilia and Psy danced with one another.

"Baby!" Psy sang. "My heart is full of love and desire for you!"

"Now come on down and do what you've got to do!" Fan continued.

"You started this fire down in my soul!"

"Can't you see it's burning out of control!"

"Come and satisfy the need in me!"

"'Cause only your good lovin' can set me free!"

Psy suddenly stopped the music, signaling the music people to stop playing. He then quickly stood up to the podium with Fanilia at his side.

"Sorry about that, folks, but any more and we'd have to pay for that song." he said.

"Welcome, one and all, to the Second Annual Mediaminer.org Big-Ass Fanfiction Awards!" Fan said into the microphone.

The audience clapped in response, happy that everything was finally starting. Psy was next to speak.

"This year was a little different than last year, but just as exciting. We have more guest stars and judges, and with luck, no stupid staplers are going to mess up our show like they did last year. Now, let's just move on to our first-"

The lights in the auditorium went out. Psy sighed into the microphone, although it was already turned off.

"Oh, bugger..." he groaned.

**

Meanwhile, in a disused lavatory that no one entered...

"Yeeeesss, our evil plans will be fulfilled!"

"The mistress will greatly reward us for this act of evil!"

"And now, back to our filthy evilizing..."

To Be Continued... Right after these messages!