Digimon Fan Fiction / Gunsmith Cats Fan Fiction ❯ The Freak ❯ The Chase ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

NOTE: I want to thank Kaden Zendi Fukuyama for that info about wearbirds being rare, and about Oni's. Also, 02 takes place 4 years after 01, so for all intensive purposes, I'm going to say that 01 takes place this year, and 02 and 'The Freak' takes place in 2005.

****************************************************************** ****

From the diary of Jun Motomiya:

'I used to think that my life was pretty normal, till the day I met him.'

We then see an image from Jun's mind of D.

'I knew D wasn't a normal teen, I just didn't know how not normal he was.'

FLASHBACK:

"People call me D, but you can call me Dracula."

END FLASHBACK

'But that was nothing compared to that night…'

FLASHBACK:

Tai and Mimi smiled, showing the same fangs as D.


"HOLLY! YOU GUYS ARE VAMPIRES TOO?!"

END FLASHBACK

"…or our two week anniversary.'

FLASHBACK:

"I'M GONNA…" But before Matt can finish, he flew right out of the club.

"How?" Jun asked.

"That symbol means 'All aren't welcomed.' However, if you want a specific person, you draw it in their blood."

END FLASHBACK

'However, something tells me that this was just the beginning.'

End 10/01/05 entry of the dairy of Jun Moytomia.

************************************************************** *******

'Oh man. Dracula's here. The boss isn't going to be too pleased.' Tom thought as he ran as fast as he can, but D was close behind.

"GET BACK HERE!" D shouted as he gave chase. Tom saw the stairs leading to the lower levels of the school and ran down the stars. He would have made it to the third floor…

"NO!"

…if D didn't jump down and landed right in front of him, however there were people there at that moment.

'I know people are watching, but I have no choice. I won't let him bite anyone else.' D thought. 'I can't show my fangs, but I can't just fight like a normal human, this is another vampire I'm fighting.' He thought as he swung his fist at an almost un-human speed, but Tom just kept dodging them left and right. He eventually caught one of D's fists and kicked him down the stairs.

"OOF!" D said as he landed and the red headed vampire jumped over him. D quickly got up and gave chase and followed him outside the high school.

**************************************************************** ***

"Boy, nothing unusual happens here." One classmate said to another beside the fence that separated the High School from the Junior High.


"I know what you mean. I wish something exciting would happen." The other one said.


"GET BACK HERE!" They suddenly heard as they saw Tom and D heading towards the fence. The next thing they saw shocked them because Tom and D leapt over the fence with no problems at all… and it was too tall for anyone to leap over with out climbing part of it, or to land without any problems.


"Now there's something you don't see everyday." One of the kids said, while the other nodded.

**************************************************************** ****

D followed Tom into the Junior High and chased him through the halls.


'This guy is running faster than any normal vampire.' D thought. 'Something's up.' As he finished that thought, he saw TK and Kari up a head.

****************************************************************** *

"Hey Kari, want to come over and help me study for the science test?" TK said.


"Oh I'll come over, but I don't think we'll be doing much studying." Kari said, almost purring causing TK to nervously laugh. Just then, they heard D'S voice.

"TK! KARI! STOP HIM, HE'S THE ONE THAT ATTACKED TAI AND MIMI!" D shouted. Upon saying that…

"HIYA!"

"OOF!"

…Kari side kicked Tom against a locker. Tom then got real angry and his eyes glowed abnormally red, even for a vampire, and he showed his fans and hissed at Kari. Kari, in turn, got real angry and her eyes glowed yellow and looked like cat's eyes. She was about to go gijinka, when D stood between her and Tom.

"No! Not here, not now. This is my fight." D said as he looked at Tom. 'I KNEW IT! He's not just a vampire, he's half Oni.' D thought. 'I can't let up, but I can't vamp fully in public. I have to try to stop him with out having anyone finding me out.' Upon finishing that thought, D tried to sidekick Tom, but Tom moved too fast for him to connect.

"Where?" D said as he searched for Tom, but he came up behind D and…

*CRASH*

…kicked him against a locker. He was about to rush him…

*CRASH*

…but D moved out of the way.

"What's going on?" A student asked as more and more kids gathered to watch.

"TK, KARI! GET THESE KIDS OUT OF HERE! NOW!" D said.


"Got it." TK said. "Everybody get out of here, go!"

"No way." A girl said. "This is better than a movie." Kari was about to loose her cool, getting mad that the kids wouldn't leave, when TK grabbed her.


"Like D said, not here, not now."

As the fight continued, Tom saw the girl who remarked earlier. 'Now's my chance. I can't last against him forever.' He thought as he jumped and grabbed the girl. Everyone gasped. "Take one step closer D, and I'll turn her. Maybe she'll be an Oni, or a vampire, or both, like me."

'Jesus!' D thought. 'This is bad. He could be bribing, but I can't take that chance.' "Let the kid go." D said. "She has nothing to do with this, just let the girl go."

"You're wrong D. I'm not just sucking these human pig's blood for fun. There's a new order coming and you are ether with us, or against us." Tom said.


'"Not just for fun?"' D thought. 'What does he mean by that and a new order?' "Sorry, but I like the old order just fine." D said.

"Well that's just too bad." Tom said as he was about to bite her neck…

"NO!"

…but instead, threw her to D and ran.

"You ok?" D asked and the girl nodded. "Good." He then ran after Tom. "YOU'RE NOT GETTING AWAY FROM ME!" He said.

"What just happened?" A student said.

"Um… uh… it was a promotion!" Kari said. "For D's dance club, "The Lair." Opened to anyone Monday-Thursday, and Saturday and Sunday."

"Involving vampires?" A student said. "And why not Friday?"

"A Halloween party." TK said. "Its all for a Halloween party. And its not opened on Fridays because… um… uh…"

"That's because it's usually reserved for parties on Fridays." Kari said.

"Oh." Was the girl's only reply.

*****************************************************************

D ran to the roof and flung the entrance door open, only to find no one.

"Where is he?" D thought. He got his answer…


"DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

…when Tom jumped off the top of the entrance back into the building. D barley dodged him in time. Tom then threw of series of kicks, until D caught one and then punched him, sending Tom half way across the roof. Tom then leapt, ready to pound D, but then D fell to the ground and did a double kick, causing Tom to land on the High School's roof. When D ran to look, Tom was already gone.

'Hmmm, there's something big going on.' D thought.

"Here he is. D! You ok?" TK asked as he came up to the roof.


"I'm fine. How's everyone else?" D asked.

"They're purrrrrrrrrrrrfict." Kari said.

"Kari, just because you're a wear, doesn't mean you can just show it off like that." D said.

"Oh, but its fun." Kari said. "Speaking of fun, what are you doing on Halloween? Because I got a lot of classmates wanting to go to your club."


"Why? What did you tell them?" D asked.

***************************************************************** ****

"D, why are we going to the police?" Jun asked.

"There are some matters that I can't handle alone Jun." D said.


"But do they know about demons, Onis, and vampires?" Jun asked.


"Yeah. A vampire did form the first police department." He said as they went in. As they went in side, it looked like a typical police department, with robbers, hookers, murderers, and thieves being arraigned. At least that's how one would see it, but D knew that at least half of them were ether vampires, wears, demons, or Onis. D went up to the counter, and the person there recognized him instantly.

"Hey D." The person said.

"Captain Li Chan. What is Obadaiba's finest doing here behind the counter?" D said.

"Samantha's sick with the flu." Li said. "So what's up with you?"

"Code 13." D whispered.


"Say no more. I'll get the room ready." Li said as he left and someone else filled in.

"Is he a vampire too?" Jun asked.

"Human." D said.

"Code 13? Jeez, what is with you and that number?" A voice said.

"Remember May, its his lucky number." Another voice said.

'It couldn't be. Even if it was, how would they know that it was me?' D thought as he turned around and saw…

"RALLY VINCENT AND 'MINI' MAY HOPKINS?!" D said as he hugged the two. "Its you, but how did you recognize me? I haven't seen you in 10 years!"

"Who can forget you D?" May said.

"Yeah. You were our best friend. What I want to know is why do you look so young? You still look like a teenager." Rally said.

"You didn't tell them?" Jun whispered.


"No. I met them in the eighties, when they were teenagers." Some people that I met years ago still don't know that I'm a vampire." D whispered. "You're not freaked out?" D asked.

"Hey, as a bounty hunter, you expect the unexpected." Rally said. Just then, a cop was thrown half way across the room.

"I AIN'T NO WEAKLING!" Was heard from a demon with horns, and muscles that would put The Terminator to shame.


"HOLLY! A VANOSA!" D said.

"A WHAT?!" Jun asked.


"A STRENGTH DEMON!" D said. As he went near Jun on a rampage.

"GET OUT OF MY WAY YOU PATHETIC HUMAN!" The demon said as he was about to hit Jun…

"NO!"

…but D pushed her out of the way, taking the hit instead,

*CRASH*

…knocking him through the captain's office window.

"D!" Jun shouted.

"Hey buddy, why don't you pick on someone your own spices." May said.

"YOU ARE HUMAN! HUMAN'S ARE WEAK COMPAIRED TO ME!" The demon said.

"Who said we were fully human?" Rally said as she removed her shades, and her eyes glowed abnormally red, as well as May's. The demon rushed for them at an incredible speed, but the Gunsmith Cats dodged it with in-human speed. May then sidekicked the demon, causing it to stumble as she got out a smoke grenade, and set it off.

"I CAN STILL SMELL YOU!" The demon said.

"Oh really?" Rally said as the demon went to punch her… and found nothing but air.

"WHAT THE…?" The demon said, as Rally appeared behind him, and shot him in the head. As the smoke cleared, everyone saw the demon holding his head in great pain.

"How…?" Jun asked.

"Demons, while they can't be killed by simple bullets, can be severely injured by them if you just pick the right spot on the head. As for these two…" D said as he pointed to Rally and May. "Those moves, that speed, and that strength. Only an Oni can do that."