Digimon Fan Fiction / Gunsmith Cats Fan Fiction ❯ The Freak ❯ The Night Life ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Ok, where should I begin?" Dracula asked.

"Um, how about why you're able to go to school. Vampires can't with stand sunlight." Jun said. "Explain that D, or should I call you Dracula?"

"My friends call me both." Dracula said.


"Ok, Both." Jun said, causing both Dracula and Jun to laugh. "Seriously, D, is it sun block?"

"No, you see, when I wrote 'Dracula' as Bram Stroker, I wanted to make it a self exaggeration." Dracula said. "I wanted to make it a horror story. So I took my life, put a few of my friends in it. Wenfield, Van Helsin, and others. I also didn't want to offend my friends, so I gave my self some made up weaknesses to go with the real ones."

"Like?" Jun asked.

"Well, that whole 'uncontrollable thrust for blood thing' isn't true. We are part bat, but blood is more of an option than a necessity. Like for make up is to you, or blue head ban Tai always wears. We like it, but we can survive with out it. We can eat normal foods and drink normal drinks. And if you are wondering, we only drink human blood directly if we are given permission, or it'll feel that it'll save a life, like if the guy is suicidal and there's nothing we can do. As a last resort, a vampire would tackle him and bite him so he would have no choice but to live life to the fullest." Dracula said.

"Oh." Jun said. "But, if the guy wants to kill him self…"

"Like I said, it's as a last resort. If we can't talk him out of it, we'll force him out of it." Dracula said.

"What about the other weaknesses?" Jun asked.

"Forget that cross stuff." Dracula said. "Hell, I know a vampire back in New York City that's a priest."

"But, if you don't suck blood…" Jun said, but was interrupted by Dracula.

"Some bad apples spoiled the whole bunch." Dracula said. "Some idiots before I even wrote the book thought it would be fun if they hunted humans and sucked all their blood. Thankfully, it pretty much stopped 100 years ago."

"Ok, how about holly water?" Jun asked.

"Water has the same effect on us as sun light. It does nothing." Dracula said.

"Then what weakness, other than no reflection and having to be invited, do you have?" Jun asked.

"Silver stake, not wooden, right through the heart." Dracula said.


"One more thing, you said you don't bite someone unless they're given permission. Why would anybody want to be bitten?" Jun said.

"Some of us have human lovers, some of them want to be vampires, just like the people they're dating." Dracula answered. "Now I got a question for you. How would you like to see the true night life?"

"What do you mean?" Jun said.

"Come on and I'll show you." Dracula answered just before they left.

****************************************************************** **

A few minutes later, Jun and Dracula were out side of a nightclub.

"A nightclub?" Jun asked. "So far, it's not as impressive as you said."

"Just wait until we get inside." Dracula said, and he walked right in.

"Wait a minute D! You weren't invited. How could you just walk in?" Jun said.

"I can't believe that I forgot to tell you." Dracula said. "If its like a hotel, a bar, restaurant, or any other place where all are welcomed, then we can go without being invited." Then, he pointed to a weird carving that looked like two arrowheads glued together. "However, if this symbol is anywhere, then it's no problem because it means 'All are welcomed.'" He said.

"Wow." Jun said before she joined him.

******************************************************************

Once in side, Jun saw everybody was drinking and dancing. She also saw that some of the patrons didn't have any reflections in the mirrors.

"Is everyone here a vampire?" Jun asked.

"No." Dracula said. "Some are wear creatures, like wear-cats, wear-wolves, etc. And some are people that know about our existence. But I know what will make you less nervous. Take a look over there." D said as he pointed to 3 people. "Hey guys!" D yelled. Jun then saw Tai, Mimi and Izzy.

"D! How are ya man?" Tai said.

"I'm fine. How about you guys?" Dracula said.


"Oh, you know. I get to work with Izzy." Mimi said.

"And I get to work with my favorite cheerleader." Izzy said as he looked at Mimi.

"And I get to work with Sora." Tai said.

"We heard." Dracula said.


"Tai, Mimi, Izzy! You know about this place?" Jun asked.

"You can say that." Tai said.

"Well, lets celebrate. Ted, two double o negative blood, a fruit punch, root beer, and a lemon Tea with a pint of B positive. On me." Dracula said as the bartender mixed their drinks and as Tai and Mimi smiled… and showed the same fangs as D.

"HOLLY! YOU GUYS ARE VAMPIRES TOO?! HOW?" Jun asked.

"Not all of us. Mimi told me on our first date. I'm still human, but I know about her." Izzy said.

"Oh. But how did you guys become vampires?" Jun asked.

"It happened after our fight with Malomyotismon." Tai said. "I was walking with Mimi to a restaurant one night, when we were jumped by vampires."

"I'll never forget that night." Mimi said. "It was after my parents said that we were moving back here and I wanted to celebrate. That's why Tai was with me going to that restaurant, but nobody except Tai could make it. We were almost there when we were jumped. I'll never forget what one of them said: "Hmmm… HEY! These are those kids that fought the monster. Wait till our friends see this. The next thing any of us knew, we were bitten. Then, there was a weird feeling, like we were being reborn. Then, before we knew it, we turned into vampires. The gang was about to hurt Tai and have their way with me, when D jumped in and stopped them."

"From that day," D said, "I taught them about their new abilities, and the advantages of being a vampire."

"We've been happy ever since." Tai said.

"Wait, I thought you said that these attacks stopped D?" Jun asked.


"I said 'Pretty much stopped,' that doesn't mean that they have completely." Dracula said.

"Here you guys go." Ted said.

"Thanks." Everyone said, as they take their drinks. Then, they heard "I said you ain't welcomed here. You have two more weeks, now beat it."

"Not again." Dracula said.


"Is he trying to get in?" Izzy asked.

"Wouldn't surprise me." Mimi said.

"Let's check it out." Dracula said.

"What? What's going on?" Jun asked.

"Matt wants back in." Dracula said.

****************************************************************** ****

"I SAID LET ME IN THERE!" Matt said, out side the club gate.

"And I said no. You got kicked out because you of your temper." The bodyguard said.

"What is he talking about?" Jun said.

"A few months ago, Matt started a fight with someone from school right here because they looked at Sora." Dracula said. "He fought the guy. One rule here is no fights. You'll be banded for a few months if you do fight. He's been trying to get back in since."

"So, is he a vampire too?" Jun asked.


"No." Mimi said. "A Werewolf." Just then, Matt transformed into a gijinka werewolf. He hat a human face, but a wolf's ears, fans, claws, and tail. Plus, his hair grows a little and turns gray because its also fur.

"LET ME IN NOW!" Matt said.

"Matt calm down!" Jun said.

"We got silver objects here with your name on it if you don't back down. You have a few more weeks. Don't ruin them." Dracula said.

"FINE! But I'll be back." Matt said as he left.

"Silver? Why?" Jun asked.

"Two things: Wears change at will, not under a full moon. And silver doesn't exactly cure them. It causes an allergic reaction. Once silver is introduced to them, when ever they transform, it causes great pain." Dracula said. "Let's get back inside." And they did just that.

****************************************************************** *****

"Man, that was great." Jun said. "I can't believe how well you dance."

"Hey, just because I'm a vampire doesn't mean I can't bust a few moves. You, you danced like an angel." Dracula said as they were walking home. A few minutes later, they reached Jun's house.


"Same time tomorrow?" Dracula asked.

"Um, yeah. I'll see ya then." Jun said.

"Um, sure." Dracula said. But instead of leaving, they looked at each other. "Um, Jun?"

"What is it D?" Jun asked.

"If you considered this a date, would I kiss you at this point?" Dracula said.


"Not if I do first." Jun said, and they both kissed under the moonlight.