Digimon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Finding the Harem ❯ A Second Chance ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: The Harem, Lashana, Telca and almost everything else doesn't belong to us. The storyline is ours, however, so no taking of our ideas please.

Note: This chapter includes attempted suicide. For that reason, this chapter is rated R. You have been forwarned.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A Second Chance

Darkness was all there had been for what could have been five minutes or five years. There was simply a lack of anything. No light, no air, no life...nothing. It was as if the world had ended....

....Just to be reborn in an explosion of unbridled Power that rivaled that of the Big Bang.

"Ooohh... my achin' head...."

"Your head? My entire body hurts..."

Lashana groaned and opened her eyes, blinking at what seemed to be a calm blue ocean directly below her. Why am I sleeping on the ocean? She pushed herself up to her knees and looked over at Telca before glancing down at her arms, staring at the distinct lack of spines for a moment before her eyes started watering.... "We won....."

Telca closed her eyes and bowed her head. I wish there had been another way.... But as long as Remy's okay.... wait a damned minute. "Lashana?"

"What?" she sniffled, her breath coming in hiccups.

"Um....we're supposed to be dead...right? Then what the hell are we doing here?!"

Lashana rubbed at her eyes and looked around. It was like they were standing on a glass floor millimeters above an endless blue ocean. But there was no sky, no sun, no wind...just light... "I have no idea."

We brought you here.

Both sorceresses spun at the voice, their gazes falling on a golden haired women that seemingly floated a foot above what they had termed 'the floor'. Her eyes were hidden beneath her long bangs, but the white sleeveless dress she wore seemed to move as if caught in some unfelt wind.

"Who...who are you? Who's we?" Telca frowned as she got to her feet and helped a still shaky Lashana to stand, supporting the Elf when she nearly collapsed. "Hey, you okay?"

Lashana stared at the woman, her eyes wide in shock. "L--L-Sama?" When the woman nodded she grabbed Telca's arm and gasped. "Telca! That's L-Sama! The Lord of Nightmares!!"

"What?!"

It is true. I am the Lord of Nightmares. As for who the 'we' in this little operation is... She turned and rose a hand, gesturing in the air. They have awakened.

Oh. Good. I was beginning to think we had accidentally killed them.

Telca gaped at the other female that just appeared next to L-Sama. If she didn't know any better, she'd have sworn that this new person had just stepped out of the 'Firebird' story from the Fantasia 2000 movie. "Whoa..."

I believe that you best know me as Gaia, do you not? When the two sorceress nodded dumbly, she smiled. Do you wish to know where you are? Another duet of nods. L-Sama...if you would?

The other Goddess shrugged. This is my realm. The Sea of Chaos. I am surprised that you did not recognize it, Lashana.

The Elf blinked. "You know me?!"

I know all who use my Power. Especially the ones who can wield it with such skill.

"She obviously wasn't watching when you first wove it," Telca muttered, elbowing Lashana in the ribs.

"Oh shut up," she hissed.

Telca smirked. "What? You expected me to change just because I'm dead?"

Lashana rolled her eyes before turning to look at the two Goddesses. "Why'd you bring us here? And why'd you help us before?"

I'll answer the second question first. Gaia said, her voice sounding like the calming waters of a stream. We helped you because we were drawn to your pure hearted wishes to save those you love. We've been waiting for two people like you for a millennia.

"People like us?" Telca echoed. "What's that mean?"

L-Sama smiled. That ties in with the Elf's first question. We brought you here because it seems that you two now have....unique abilities. To put it bluntly, by helping you before...we accidentally made you our Avatars.

"WHAT?!"

It's not that it was an accident, per se. Just that your souls seem to have irreversibly melded with our Powers, Gaia said. Actually I think it would be nice to have an Avatar. It gets so boring being a Goddess sometimes. It's be nice to have someone to drop in on every now and again.

"Well golly gee, we're glad we can be of entertainment value."

Lashana winced. "Telca. Don't piss off the Goddesses, okay?" She turned to the two and frowned. "What's the deal?"

There is none. L-Sama told them, shaking her head slightly. What is done is done. You are our Avatars. The only way that can be changed would be if we were to kill you and rip our Power from your souls.

"Ouch."

Very. Gaia agreed.

"Then why didn't you? Kill us I mean?" Telca frowned. "Why'd you save us?"

You'd rather be dead?

"I didn't mean it that way..." Telca muttered.

"I think she meant to ask if there's a bad side to all of this," Lashana explained hurriedly.

Not unless you count the fact that you are both changed forever. At the two sorceresses looks of panic, L-Sama sighed and looked at Gaia. These mortals panic so easily.

After what they've been through, I don't blame them. What we mean, is that our Powers have melded with the two of you. You've become equal in physical strength and in your Magicks. You've also gained the new ability to transform into your Avatar forms. And your life spans have lengthened considerably, with the added bonus that you've stopped aging.

Telca grinned at Lashana. "Kewl. No wrinkles."

"No diapers."

"I kinda wanted to go senile and start smacking kids with a cane for no apparent reason though...."

"You did that two months ago. When we went to the grocery store."

"Oh yeah...."

"Okaaay. Next question : which of your powers are in which of us? And why?"

L-Sama looked at Lashana and chuckled. I think I see why you like these mortals, Gaia. You, Lashana, hold my Chaos within you. I suppose I can even call you my Knight. You gained my Power because you had already wielded many Black Magick spells and my Chaos numerous times before.

You Telca, hold the Power of the Elements and of Life within you. Gaia said, meeting the burgundy sorceress' gaze. I chose you because of your soul. You have seen and experienced both good and evil in your life. And yet you retain a love for nature and your fellow people that surprises me. What's more, is that you already had a small amount of my powers within you. Your ability to Heal comes from me. How you got it in the first place is still a mystery to me however...

I chose you, Lashana, because you are perfectly balanced. Your life also has not been an easy one, yet you have never strayed from your Path. You are a perfect balance of light and darkness. Even now, with the immense Power of my Chaos within you, you do not fight it, yet accept it as a part of you. L-Sama looked at the two women and smiled. That is why you were chosen. Why we decided to help you. You were like a lost part of us.

Lashana exchanged shocked glances with Telca. "Then...if we're not dead..." she paused and looked at L-Sama, her voice a mere whisper. "We can go back?"

Gaia smiled. Even now their hearts call out for their loved ones. She chuckled and looked at L-Sama. And to think that ten thousand years ago you wanted to destroy the Universe because there were no more pure souls.

You're never going to let up on that, are you? L-Sama groused.

They sound like us! Telca grinned and nudged Lashana, who blinked for a moment before understanding dawned. They're exactly like us! Well...except for that all powerful Goddess thing...

We must warn you, Gaia said, drawing their attention. Much time has passed since your battle. Things...are not as they once were.

"How much time?"

"What happened? Is Remy alright?!"

It has been a little over a month. L-Sama told them, seeing a look of horror pass over their faces. It took that long for our Powers to safely meld with you.

Your 'Remy' is alright, Telca. However....Gaia paused and sighed. He has left your dimension. As has your Bonded Lashana. We...we did not realize the implications of keeping you away from your friends for so long. Their grief has consumed them....

L-Sama nodded in agreement, then tensed. You two must go! Quickly!

"What?" the Elf frowned, looking at the portal that opened in front of her.

He is about to kill himself! Gaia gasped. Hurry!

"Who?" Telca asked.

The one named 'Mewtwo'.

Lashana lunged for the portal. "No!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Is this all I have left? The promise of the end of pain? The pokemon sighed and glanced down at the knife in his hands, looking at his reflection in the blade of it. Even then, it will take pain to end pain... But I have nothing now... Nothing....

He pressed the point of the knife against the inside of his left wrist, watching as blood pooled around the tip before dripping off his arm to the ground. He stared at his own blood for a moment, pausing, uncertain...

"No!"

~What?~ Mewtwo spun at the cry, looking around the empty backyard of the Palace. Even my imagination must torment me now.... He growled and snatched up the knife from where he had accidentally dropped it and rested the blade against his wrist....

"'Two!! DON'T!!"

He froze at the call, his eyes widening. It can't be...

Arms wrapped around him from behind then, holding him tightly as someone pressed their face between his shoulder blades, their breath coming in ragged gasps, as if they had just run a marathon. He glanced behind him and stared at a head of snow-white hair for a moment, his heart pounding as his brain registered the sight. ~L-Lashana?~

"Don't do this, 'Two. Please... please don't...."

The knife fell from his nerveless fingers, hitting the ground dangerously close to his right foot, but he was too busy spinning around to haul the Elf into a bone-jarring hug to notice. ~You're alive... Praise be, you're alive... Lashana...~ Movement to his left made him raise his tear-filled gaze to look at a smiling Telca. ~Telca... but... How? How can this be?~

"It's a long story," Telca murmured.

It was another few moments before Lashana pulled away and grabbed Mewtwo's shoulders, shaking him roughly as she glared at him. "What were you thinking?! What part of 'live for us' didn't you understand?!"

He growled and jerked out of her hold. ~Life for you? What's the point? You were all I had in my life. My life and the others. Without you two in our lives we have no reason to live!~

Telca gasped and took a startled step back, shocked by the Pokemon's outburst. "Oh my Gods... Lashana...What have we done?!"

The Elf blinked back tears. "I... I thought... We did this to save them... but we... we..."

"...what have we done?" Telca sunk to her knees, staring at the ground in horror. "We... we didn't have a choice right? Right?! There was no other way.... I thought we were saving them...."

Lashana looked from Telca to Mewtwo, the realization of what the Harem had gone through plainly registering on her face. "I...I'm sorry... I... we had to save you..."

The Pokemon sighed and pulled her into his arms again, holding her tightly as she buried her face against his chest and dried her tears on his fur. ~Sometimes the solution causes more pain than the problem...~

That got a reaction.

Telca surged to her feet, silver-lined white light swirling around her. "We were not going to stand by and watch that Demon kill you all! What's the matter with you?! We've had to stand by when you Guys defend us and put your lives on the line! So what, only you're allowed to do the dangerous stuff? Let the females stay out of the fights?!"

~N-no. I didn't mean-~

"Yes you did," Lashana whispered, looking up at him. "Don't you understand? You, Black, Remy... the entire Harem. You mean more to us than our own lives, 'Two. Did you ever think that maybe if we didn't have you lot in our lives that we'd have nothing to live for either?" She pulled out of his hold and walked over to Telca, leaving him to stare at her in surprise as her new Powers made her hair shimmer like golden fire. "We have to find the others, Telca."

"Yeah... yeah okay. What about him though?"

The Elf turned and looked at Mewtwo, golden sparks glowing in her dark blue eyes. "What will it be, 'Two? Life or death?"

He blinked and stared at the two sorceresses. They had changed somehow. They had new powers, yes. But something felt...off.

You idiot.

~What?!~ Mewtwo growled and looked around for the source of the voice, not seeing Lashana and Telca's exasperated looks. ~Who said that?~

They fought against impossible odds and death...and you think that they don't care about you? Were you dropped on your head as a babe? Can you not see that they feel your pain as their own?

"Gaia," Lashana groaned, "I thought Gods weren't supposed to interfere in the affairs of mortals."

Well, that's true. But you and Telca aren't exactly 'mortal' anymore.

"You can explain that to us later. I have to find Remy," Telca interrupted, looking at Mewtwo pleadingly. "Where's the Harem?"

Still a little taken aback by the voice of what Lashana called a God, he blinked a few times before his mind processed the question. "Gone. Including your dragons Lashana. Only Beast and Xellos stayed behind. Oh, of course Mischief is here as well, Telca. Beast has been looking after her."

Lashana exchanged glances with Telca and sighed. "Well...Let's go see Beast, get some stuff together and go get our Guys back."

"Damn straight."