Digimon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Finding the Harem ❯ Reunions and realizations ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Lashana and Telca are us, so no taking of us. None of the Characters in the Harem belong to us. If they did, we'd be rich and belting out a Harem Anime series ^_^

Reunions and realizations

Telca grumbled to herself as she stomped through a thick patch of underbrush. She knew Remy would have come back to New Orleans. What annoyed her was that she knew he'd have headed for the remote abandoned plantation that he and his fellow Guild had used a few years back. Why it had to be in the middle of some half-swampland she had no idea. But if it meant that she'd be able to see her Remy again....

"Ow! Dammit. Stupid rock..." She reached up and pushed her bangs out of her eyes. "I should have brought a machete... REMY! Remy! You out here?!" Ducking under a low hanging branch of some tree, she shoved a few vines aside and grinned when she saw the building. It looked half taken over by the surrounding vegetation, but it was the place. Please be in there... please... "Remy?"

The steps creaked loudly as she climbed them, shattering the quiet of the swamp, and she winced at the sound. Well... people know I'm here by now... might as well go with the flow... "Remy LeBeau! You're not going to leave me out in this - Ow! Bedamned mosquitos! I am not a walking buffet!"

"Chere?!"

She blinked at the incredulous whisper and turned to look at the now open front door, tears coming to her eyes when she saw her Cajun standing in the doorway. "Remy!" She launched herself at him, nearly bowling him over as she threw her arms around him and buried her face against his chest crying freely. "You're okay...you're okay..."

Remy stared down at the woman that was holding onto him in shock. The thought that he had accidentally drugged himself with something flitted through his mind, at least until she rose her head and gaze up at him with those deep purple eyes that he loved to stare into so much. "Chere... It is you!" He wrapped her up in his arms and pulled her tight against him, crushing his mouth onto hers in a desperate kiss before he rose his head to look into her eyes again. "Chere...how did dis hapen? We thought you an de Elf...."

"It's a long, long story. Lashana and I only want to tell it once. That's why we're trying to round up the Harem again," Telca said, reaching up to run the fingers of her right hand through his tousled hair, then down to trace his stubbled cheek. "I never told you... I should have..."

"Quoi chere?"

"I love you, Remy."

He smiled and rose a hand to caress her cheek. "Ah, but chere, you tell dat to dis theif when he lying on dat rock."

"Yeah...well I wanted you to be fully conscious when I made it clear, is all," she smirked as she grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him closer. "Now shut up and kiss me, will you?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lashana rubbed at her eyes with the back of her hand as she stumbled along the dirt path, feeling as if she wanted to crawl into a deep hole and never come back out.

Oh, child. Everything will be alright...

"I'm not a child," she muttered raggedly, her voice harsh from the scream she had loosed. "An nothing will be alright."

Compared to my everlasting age, you are a child. The voice of L-Sama was accompanied by a slight breeze that lifted her hair off her shoulders. I will speak with him, my Knight. All will be well.

"What? Hey, wait!" She frowned when the omnipotent presence pulled away and debated trying to call L-Sama back for a moment. No... I can't handle another confrontation with Black... Another portal appeared in front of her her, and she glanced back at the lake a final time before stepping into it. I'll go round up Kang, then call Telca. I ought to be a bit more stable by then... of course that's all depending on whether he went where I think he went....

The portal dumped her on a hard dirt ground, and she coughed at the smoke that assaulted her as she looked around. She had apparently emerged in the middle of a battle. Of course it's a battle. This is Krynn, there's ALWAYS a battle going on here....

A low growl from behind her made her spin around to come face to chest with a huge Sivak draconian, and a squeak of surprise escaped her throat as she frantically backed away. "Uh...hi? Whoa!" She ducked a sword slash and rose her right arm, the curved spines tearing out of her arm in time to deflect the second attack. Why is everyone trying to kill me today?! Don't they know how hard it was to beat death the first time?!

Unfortunately, she had been so busy trying to avoid the Sivak, that she never saw the Baaz come up behind her and slam the hilt of his sword into her head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Owww...." What hit me? Oh my aching head... why is all the blood rushing to my head, anyway? She grimaced and forced her eyes open, blinking numerous times when she realized that she was hanging upside down five feet off the ground. Oh, yeah. This is good.... She wriggled around, trying to either free her hands from the tight ropes, or free her feet so she could hit the ground and start running.

"Stop movin' you pointy-eared bitch!"

A growl escaped her as she twisted to glare at the Bozak draconian that was addressing her. "You so better hope I don't get out of here!!" she snarled, fangs bared. She used a bit of the Chaos to make her eyes glow gold and grinned ferally when the draconian gasped and backed away. Plan B.... "GET ME DOWN FROM HERE YOU IDJIT DRACOS!!!!"....if you can't threaten them, deafen them. "KANG!!! GET ME DO--mrpft!" The last was due to the gag that had just been shoved into her mouth.

"That ought to shut her up," the Bozak commented to a startled Baaz.

"But...didn't she say the Commander's name?"

The Bozak blinked. "You actually understood all that screeching?"

"Well...it sounded like the Commander's name..."

They could have at least used a clean cloth!! Oh gods... I will not throw up, I will not throw up...

"What's going on over here?!"

"Sub Commander Slith!" The Baaz and Bozak snapped to attention, saluting before the Bozak continued. "Sorry, Sir. The prisoner was being uncooperative."

Lashana screamed out a few choice words into the gag at that and struggled at the ropes, glaring at the draconians angrily.

Slith blinked down at the Elf for a moment before paling. "By the Dark Queen..." He spun around and cupped his hands around his mouth. "SIR!! COMMANDER!!"

Thank you L-Sama!

"What is it Slith? Fulkth was telling me about the repairs to--"

She twisted and managed to get her hair out of her face long enough to send a frantic look at Kang before something in her shoulder protested at the movement, making her yelp as she lost what little mobility she had. Owowowowow!!

"Cut her loose! Now!"

"But Sir-"

"You heard the Commander! Oh, bugger off, I'll do it myself. Dismissed!!"

Owowow- Her mental yelps were cut off by her very audible shriek as the ropes that were holding her off the ground were sliced through, sending her crashing to the dirt in an unceremonious heap. Once her hands were free, she reached up and ripped the gag out of her mouth, trying not to gag when she saw how filthy it really was. Oh the hell with this... "I'm gonna hurl..." She grabbed a nearby bucket and introduced it to the meager meal she had eaten at the Palace before leaving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ooooh.... I shouldn't have eaten those chips....." Lashana groaned where she was sitting at a table in what she assumed was Kang' quarters. There was a guard outside, making sure that she wouldn't leave and that no one would come after her, and someone had brought her some water to drink five minutes ago. Figures. Chaos can destroy an entire Universe, but it can't do dick-shit all about nausea....

The sound of the door opening made her raise her head off her arms and peer through her bangs at a draconian. Removal of her bangs from her eyes told her that the draconian was Kang. "Hi...." she murmured weakly, hoping that this meeting wouldn't repeat the one she had had with Blackwargreymon.

"By the Gods..." Kang whispered, closing the door behind him as he walked into the room and moved over to her. "Lashana?"

"Know anyone else who would let themselves be captured and hung upside down for who knows how long without butchering people when they got loose?"

He growled softly and hauled her off the chair and onto her feet, staring down at her for a moment before slowly rising a hand to her hair, running his talons through the locks as he inhaled a breath of her scent. He groaned seconds later, throwing his arms and wings around her and crushing her to him in a powerful hug. "It is you... Lashana..."

She closed her eyes and clung to him, feeling her eyes water as he gently nuzzled at the side of her neck. I will not cry... I will not cry...

"What happened to you?" the draconian asked as he pushed her away just enough to meet her gaze, frowning at the tears he saw there. "How-?"

"It's a long story. Telca an I are trying to round up the Harem again so that we only have to tell it once..." she wiped at her eyes and sighed. "Will you come back with me?"

"You know I will," he murmured, touching her cheek lightly. "Though I'm surprised to see that Blacky's not with you..." he trailed off as her eyes filled up with tears again, and growled softly. "What happened?"

"It's nothing. I didn't come here to dump on you," she said as she tried to pull away. "We should get going. We have to go get Mewtwo at the Palace, then start tracking the others down."

"Lashana." Kang sighed and cupped her face in his hands, forcing her to meet his gaze. "Look, I'm not saying that I understand all that's happened.... But let me help you. I just can't believe that you've come out of this unscathed, no matter how hard to try to hide it."

She shuddered and glanced away. "I'll be alright," she whispered. "I just...." She trailed off and leaned against him, closing her eyes as she slid her arms around his middle and clung to him. "I just wanted things to go back to normal....why is that so hard?!"

"Things can't ever go back to normal," he told her. "Your deaths made us realize how much we had come to care about you. How much we needed you in our lives. The pain of that loss won't ever go away, Lashana."

"Maybe I should just leave all of you alone....go back to my folks place.... get a job at the explosives plant."

He looked down at her in shock. "You can't be serious! You in an explosives plant? Gods, I can see the newpaper headlines now..." When that didn't elict the response he had been going for, he sighed heavily and hugged her again. "Is that what you really want? To pretend that the Harem never existed?"

"....no. But maybe what I want doesn't matter anymore," she muttered mororsely.

Oh the hell with it. "It matters to me, Lashana," he growled, drawing her surprised gaze. "You matter to me. If you think that I'm going to let you give up like this, you're wrong. I don't think you came back from the dead just to give everything you care about up. Right?" When she nodded, he smiled and wiped her tears off her cheeks. "Right... Open that portal of yours and let's go get Mewtwo. I think that Zelgadis went back to his dimension, he shouldn't be too hard to find."

The Elf smiled at him and hopped up to throw her arms around his neck, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek before pulling away. "Thank you."

She keeps getting under my scales like this an I may just fight Blacky for her. "No problem," Kang rumbled. "None what so ever."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You are a stupid, stupid male.

Blackwargreymon froze in mid step and growled. "Who's there?!" he yelled, frowning when an insubstantial image of a golden haired women appeared in front of him. "Who the hell are you?"

I am the one who granted your Bonded's wish.

"Her...wish?"

The wish to have the Power to save you. You truly do not realize what you are in danger of losing, do you? She sacrificed her very soul for you. Does that mean nothing to you?

He frowned and turned away. "My Bonded died a month ago."

Your Bonded is very much alive! I should know! I resurrected her! She is my Chaos Knight. My Avatar. All because of her pure hearted wish of wanting you to live! And how do you repay her? By attacking her!

"Chaos...." he glanced at the woman. "L-Sama?"

You see any other Chaos Goddess trying to talk some sense into you? If she didn't still love you I swear that I would tear you apart!

She still.... Oh My God. What have I done.... "That was really..."

L-Sama nodded in approval as tears gathered in his eyes. You are the only reason that she continues to cling to this life. And we both know that she is the only reason that you cling to it as well.

He swallowed thickly and looked at the Goddess. "Is it too late?"

She smiled. The past cannot be changed, Blackwargreymon. But perhaps, if you hurry, you can save your future.