Digimon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ New Arrival (Aka It's all Xellos' Fault) ❯ A heart to heart and...Holy Gods...what happened to the ceiling?! ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Usual Disclaimer: The Harem members from X-Men, Digimon, Pokemon, Dragonlance, etc. don't belong to us. However the Original Characters of Lashana & Telca, our Ideas, and the Insanity Storyline are ours, so no touching! No touching! (hee hee, I have to stop watching Emperor's New Groove)

Note: Words between ~ ~ and { } are telepathic thoughts and such. That is all

~Lashana? Lashana, can you hear me?~

Mewtwo sighed again, the fifth time in as many minutes. He had been trying to wake the Elf for a good twenty minutes now, and while the loud yells and crashes he had heard moments ago tugged at his curiousity, he figured that making sure Lashana didn't go into a coma was a bit more of a priority. Granted there's not much I can do here. It's not like I can use my Recover technique to Heal her, she's Human...well...half-human.... He shook his head and sat down on the arm of the Library's couch, looking down at the unconscious sorceress intently. Both she and Telca possess limited psychic abilities....but without proper training their talents are simply going to waste.... Though Telca does seem to have some control of her empathic gifts....

He shuddered at the reminder of those certain 'gifts' and closed his eyes. I don't even know why I bother to stay here....I must be going soft.... A glance at the Elf made him growl softly to himself as he stood and moved to kneel next to the couch. I just hope her mind isn't as disturbing as Telca's. He sighed again and reached out to lie his hands on her head - thumbs on her forehead and fingers on her temples. After a fortifying breath, he slowly eased himself into her mind, using his psychic abilities to Heal the slight concussion before gently pulling her back into the land of the conscious.

"Wha? Wha tha hell? Mewtwo?" Lashana blinked up at him dazedly, her heartbeat loud in her ears as she met his gaze, frowning when she saw that his eyes were glowing a faint blue, a sure sign that he was using his psychic powers. "Wha's goin' on?"

~Lie still. I haven't finished Healing you yet,~ he murmured, his mind-voice distracted as he busied himself with banishing the disorientation and dizzyness from her thoughts. ~There. How do you feel?~

"Like I got smacked in the head with a metal doorknob," she grimaced as she reached up to tenderly touch the aching bruise, blinking in surprise when he grabbed her wrist. "What?"

~Hold still. I've never tried this on a Human before.~

"Half-human," she corrected automaticly, closing her eyes when he covered her eyes with a hand. "Hey."

~Shh. Let me concentrate.~

Since when does the big psycho Pokemon care? Oh Gods I need coffee.... She blinked when he removed his hand and blinked up at him curiously, startled by the distinct lack of pain in her head. "What'd you do?"

~The big psycho Pokemon used Recover on you,~ Mewtwo smirked, sitting back on his heels as she winced and closed her eyes again.

"Bloody evesdroppers."

He chuckled softly and met her gaze as she turned her head to look at him. ~What?~

"Why'd you help me?"

~Why not?~

"I asked first."

~Technicly, I asked first.~

She snickered and carefully sat up, grimacing momentarily before using the couch to heave herself up onto her feet. "Whoa...bad idea...."

~Will you sit down?~ he growled at her as he lept to his feet, catching her before she hit the ground. He set her on the couch again and sat next to her. ~The disorientation will pass in a few moments. But you really should lie down.~

"M'fine," she sighed, resting her elbows on her knees as she sunk her face into her hands. "I just have to wait for the walls to stop moving...."

Was I ever this young and hard-headed? He looked at the Elf curiously and gently nudged her in the ribs. ~How would you like to learn how to use your psychic abilities?~

"You're not gonna let up on that, are you?" she groaned as she peeked through her fingers to look at him.

~Not really. You and Telca have much potential. Too much for it to be wasted like this.~

She sighed and shook her head. "I still think you're sensing something that's not there, 'Two."

~Humor the psycho Pokemon,~ he smiled as he poked her in the ribs again. ~Besides, what have you got to lose?~

"Valuable internet surfing time."

~Oh please.~

She grumbled softly and slouched back against the comfortable couch cushions. "I'll think about it, okay? 'Sides, that would basicly mean that you'd have to live here for a while."

Mewtwo growled and looked away at that. ~I understand.~

"Understand what?" Lashana frowned when he didn't answer and pushed herself up into a straight sitting position, daring to gently nudge him in the side with her elbow. "You can't get depressed and angry unless you tell me why."

He glanced at her warily. Is she different than all the others I've met? Only one way to find out, I suppose.... ~You don't want me to stay here because I'm a Pokemon,~ he said, blinking when he saw an aura of rage flicker to life around her.

"Where the flamin' hell did you get a stupid idea like that?!" she asked, her voice calm despite her anger.

~I just assumed--~

"That I was like every other braindead, prejudiced moronic Human that you've met? Let me tell you somethin' 'Two, I don't hide my feelings. If I can't stand someone I'm not gonna pretend that I like them, I'm much more accustomed to drop-kicking them off the Palace roof." She paused and took a breath to calm herself before the urge to throw a fireball at him became too powerful. "Look, if you think you can handle staying here for a while, then stay. It'd be nice to have a voice of reason around here. I don't care if you're a Pokemon, or haven't you noticed that most of my Guys aren't human?"

~I noticed,~ he murmured, jerking with the strain of not lashing out in shock when she lay a hand over one of his.

"Think about it, okay? And don't worry about Telca. I'll think of something to get her off your case."

~Easier said than done,~ he commented, glancing at her. ~You were unconscious at the time... But she and I had a little confrontation.~

Lashana arched a pure white eyebrow at him curiously when he blushed. "I take it that she decided to get creative?" When he recounted what Telca had told him she couldn't help but snicker softly. "That's Telca alright. Always thinking on her feet." She gave his hand a friendly pat and placed a hand on his knee, pushing herself to her feet as she did so. "Oh Lords.... I'm gonna have to ask Black to give me a shoulder rub tonight...."

Mewtwo gasped at the reminder. ~Um....About Blackwargreymon....~

She spun around and fixed him with a panicked look. "What happened?!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The first thought that accompanyied Kang's return to consciousness was : Somebody's hand is where it shouldn't be.... Followed by : Two people's hands are where they shouldn't be....

"Holy shit! What happened here?!"

The draconian rose his head at the scream and managed to catch a glimpse of Lashana over the expanse of Malcho's body. "Hi...."

Lashana gaped at the scene. Not only was there a huge hole in the ceiling that led to what seemed to be the attic, but Malcho, Kang, Blackwargreymon, Kenshin, Wolverine and Nightcrawler were all lying in what had to be a painful and twisted tangle of limbs. She figured that it was a good thing that most of them were still out cold.

She grimaced at the scene and turned to look at Mewtwo, who was standing at her side as he stared at the pile of people in what could have passed as pained sympathy. "Think you can give me a hand?" When he nodded, she turned and quickly clambered over Malcho's outermost coil, being careful not to step on anyone that wasn't a huge quetzacoatl as she leaned down and helped Kang into a semi-upright position. "C'mon, hun, up ya go."

"But I don' wanna go ta tha fair....."

"Oy..."

Mewtwo reached out and hauled the woozy draconian over the expanse of purple scales, helping him over to a nearby wall and letting him slide down it to sit on the floor. I'm glad I wasn't involved in this. That looked like it hurt....

"Oof! Wolvie, you have got to lose some weight," Lashana groaned as she pulled the X-man out from under her Bonded and dragged him over to join Kang. "Phew. Okay. Now, if I can get Kenshin and Nightcrawler out from under Malcho's upper segment...." She trailed off in shock as Mewtwo calmly stepped past her and rose a glowing three-fingered hand, his eyes gaining a familiar blue sheen as he teleported the two unconscious forms out from under the quetzacoatl and over to a clear patch of floor. "Hey cool. Thanks, hun."

He stared at her as she went to kneel next to the Digimon. She called me 'hun', just like the others.... He shook himself slightly and frowned. She probably didn't even realize it....

"Black? Blackwargreymon? Can you hear me?" Lashana murmured as she Healed her Bonded, one hand lying on the middle of his armored chest and the other on his left cheek. "Black?"

"Ugh....what hit me?"

"The floor.... actually it was more like four floors," she told him, meeting his gaze when he opened his eyes. "Hey."

"Hey," he smiled. His smiled faded seconds later when he caught sight of the huge hole above him, the broken and splintered floors above them clearly jogging his memory. "Oh Gods...."

"Yeah. That's what I thought when I saw the lot of you in here. You okay? Nothing broken?"

He gingerly sat up and shook his head. "Don't think so." He looked at her again and frowned at the slight discolouration on her forehead, seeing her wince when he reached out to touch it with the curve of a talon. "What happened?"

"Doorknob. Just...don't ask," she added quickly when he cocked his head at her curiously.

~It still hurts? But I Healed you,~ Mewtwo frowned from where he was watching them. ~It should be completely gone.~

"I'm just a little sore, that's all," she said as she got to her feet and went over to Malcho, lightly running her fingers over his brow. "Hey, Malcho. C'mon. Time to get up." She smiled as she Healed him, elicting a low grumble from the huge snake as he wrapped his wings around her and pulled her close.

"I don't want to get up yet, mi amiga...."

"Ahem."

"Que?" The quetzacoatl opened his right eye a crack and stared directly into Blackwargreymon's angry gaze. Then he saw Lashana nestled in his wings. "Uh oh. Um.... muchas gracias for Healing me, mi amiga!"

She snickered as he realeased her and saw him wink at her as he pulled away. "Uh huh. No prob, Malcho."

"Just her friend, huh?" Blackwargreymon growled.

Lashana looked over at her Bonded and sent him a private thought. {Don't start that again, Love.}

He sighed and lowered his gaze. "Sorry. Falling through four floors tends to put a cramp on one's attitude."

"Do tell," Kang groaned from where he was trying to get to his feet with the help of the wall. "You think I could steal your Bonded for a shoulder-rub later, Blacky?"

"Not if you keep calling me 'Blacky'."

"You know, I am in the room," Lashana muttered sourly, turning at the sound of a horrified gasp and sighing when she saw Telca standing in the doorway.

"Sweet flamin' shit! What the hell happened?!"

"Um.....it seems that the attic floor had a weight limit," Lashana told her.

"Merde," Remy breathed, looking from the hole in the ceiling to the semi-conscious Wolverine. "Remy told you to lose weight."

"Shaddup," Wolverine growled, extending the claws on his right hand and driving them into the wall, hauling himself to his feet afterwards.

Telca walked past Malcho and stood at the base of the crash site, staring up through the layers of the Palace. "Shit. This might be a little out of that 'repair' spell's power...."

~Which means what, exactly?~

"The central air ventilation in the Palace just got a whole lot better," Nightcrawler said with a grin.

Kang rolled his eyes and glanced over at Mewtwo. "Any luck with that book?"

~No. But... I may not need it.~

"Huh?"

Mewtwo glanced over at Telca to make sure she wasn't paying attention. ~I may be staying here while I train Lashana and Telca how to tap into their unused psychic powers.~

"Wait.... Telca, our Telca, has psychic powers?!"

~Yes. With the proper training she has great potential.~

"Aw crap. We're all gonna die...."

"What?" Wolverine frowned, looking over at the draconian curiously. "What crawled up yer shorts this time, bub?"

"Mewtwo's gonna teach Telca how to use her psychic abilities."

The Canuck glanced at Mewtwo, who nodded, then at Kang, who swallowed nervously. "Aw flamin' shit. We're screwed."

"Did someone mention screwing?"